DarkZrobe

quality posts: 44 Private Messages DarkZrobe
gordhad wrote:In the box:
(1) Remington 5-Blade Razor with 3 Replacement Cartridges
(1 x 3 = 3)
(2) 5-Blade Replacement Cartridges 6-Pack
(2 x 6 = 12)

12 + 3 = 15

So, this comes with 15 replacement cartridges? Am I reading this right? Are the product images just trying to fool me into thinking there are 5 x 5 = 25 cartridges? What's with those 3 holders with only 2 cartridges in them?

In the Box:

(1) Remington Shave Kit includes:

(1) Remington 5-Blade Razor with 3 Replacement Cartridges
(2) 5-Blade Replacement Cartridges 6-Pack

Shaver = 3 Cartridges
Replacement Cartridges = 5x6 =30

Soooo 33 Cartridges right?

EDIT WAIT.... Those are just 5-Blade replacement cartridges... The picture looks like four packs..
Soooo 4x6+3=27 Cartridges.

houhau

quality posts: 0 Private Messages houhau

I bought one last year, and the performance was *seriously* lacking: hair trapped between blades, poor contact with skin, awkward grip. For me it looked promising and turned into a complete fail. As a functionally bald man, I tried using it on my head, too, after using balding clippers, and even with just 1mm of hair on my scalp it still failed. So this is definitely one deal that's too good to be true, sad to say...

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

You get what is pictured and described...

1 razor handle thingy
15 cartridges

As to why there are two cartridges in some of the plastic packs, who are we to question Remington? We just sell the things.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann
cappo wrote:CowboyDann the idea man.

You know it baby!

-
Lstaff check your PM's i sent you a little education your way.

klynb

quality posts: 13 Private Messages klynb

Replacement cartridges are $9.99 at Remington Products .

In for one; this should last a lifetime for my legs.

RobinBobcat

quality posts: 42 Private Messages RobinBobcat
avansmith wrote:No, the Remington King of Shaves Kit offer is comprised of used shaving material salvaged from a leper colony located in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.

No no no... you misread the facts, man... they're from a leopard shaving colony.

.. what? You thought the Pink Panther had fur?

Meow

Go Squarryls!

misfit77

quality posts: 2 Private Messages misfit77

anyone watch the video?

he had cuts all over his left side.

I am sticking with my cheapo disposables.

Daniel Estrada

JosephPalreiro

quality posts: 3 Private Messages JosephPalreiro
CowboyDann wrote:I'm sure our men in the military would love these if you're the kind of person to send care packages.

They're actually going to get 2 of my 3.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Dangit! I wish the delete wasn't right next to Edit.

I accidentally deleted this post. Sorry. Here it is:

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

borntohunt

quality posts: 103 Private Messages borntohunt

borntohunt

quality posts: 103 Private Messages borntohunt

How to replace a King of Shaves Azor System Razor cartridge

41-seconds

pupyluvr

quality posts: 51 Private Messages pupyluvr

I prefer a high quality 3 blade razor because with 4 or 5 blades the cartridge gets clogged too easily.

juror58

quality posts: 2 Private Messages juror58
jigsaw918 wrote:can anyone tell me if this razor has a sideburn trimmer? The single blade on top of a razor that makes it easy to keep my sideburns straight.

No it does not, and it sure could benefit from one.

juror58

quality posts: 2 Private Messages juror58

I have tried these when they were offered on the Amazon Vine program. The only good thing I have to say about them is I didn't pay for them.

They are awkward to use because the top part flexes backward when you press it to your face, so you can't put any pressure on it. You really can't get a close shave.

The head is big so it is difficult to get under your nose or trim up to the sideburns. The latter wouldn't be so bad if it had an extra trimmer blade ala the Gillette Pro Glide or Schick Hydro 5, but it doesn't. The flexing head adds to the frustration.

The reason they can offer so many so cheaply is because they have lots left and are trying to unload them.

I'm saving my money on this deal and recommend you all do as well.

gina3graces

quality posts: 44 Private Messages gina3graces

In for 3 sets---gifts and such.

wootieman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wootieman

I believe that the biggest problem Remington had with the blades was the availability of the raw materials.

It turns out that Endurium is one of the rarest, most coveted elements in the known universe. It's mining has been the source of misery and suffering for any indigenous peoples unlucky enough to have made their homes near the few known sources. In fact, there was a movie made by James Cameron that.... Wait a minute ... Oh never mind...

crickee

quality posts: 20 Private Messages crickee

http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/remington-king-of-shaves-azor-5-replacement-cartridges/ID=prod6095397-product
If these are the same ones Walgreens has just the 1 set of 5 cartridges is at $11.99. This is a much better deal at $7.99+$5.00=$12.99 for the handle plus 5x6 cartridges.

barriemyers

quality posts: 1 Private Messages barriemyers

They suck! I bought two Christmas gift packs [last] from Walgreen's.
The biggest problem is the handle, it flexes so bad you can't get the blade down...I tried for ages, but just gave up, had to finish of with my Gillette every time, i really had high expectations from this partnership with King of Shaves, which i LOVE their products!

Trust me, they will make you angry!

pooptydoo

quality posts: 3 Private Messages pooptydoo

in 4 1 good cheap shaves r hard 2 find

pooptydoo

for those complaining about these i mean it's $1 a cartridge and a free handle, essentially. if you buy just one including tax and shipping. at those prices i don't see how one could complain? i will move heaven and earth to make these work!

lot's of Amazon reviews are positive for those non too picky or not stuck in the mud using the same 'ol, same 'ol. i think for a buck a piece its gotta be a deal either way!

pooptydoo

oops. just pulled the trigger on another set. that is 30 cartridges and 2 handle / shavers for $24!

30 replacement cartridges at Amazon run $56.45 all in without the handles!

guys, if you have hair on your face this deal is GOD

bchrist825

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bchrist825
houhau wrote:I bought one last year, and the performance was *seriously* lacking: hair trapped between blades, poor contact with skin, awkward grip. For me it looked promising and turned into a complete fail. As a functionally bald man, I tried using it on my head, too, after using balding clippers, and even with just 1mm of hair on my scalp it still failed. So this is definitely one deal that's too good to be true, sad to say...

Does "functionally bald man" mean you could do all the same things a man with hair could do?!?!

redtokyoboxers

quality posts: 4 Private Messages redtokyoboxers
juror58 wrote:I have tried these when they were offered on the Amazon Vine program. The only good thing I have to say about them is I didn't pay for them.

They are awkward to use because the top part flexes backward when you press it to your face, so you can't put any pressure on it. You really can't get a close shave.

Pretty much this. The white part under the blades sticks out ever so slightly farther than the blades, and it gets in the way when trying to apply pressure for a close shave. It definitely does not make for a pleasurable shave, as for the most part you are rubbing that white bit of the flex head on your face while trying to shave.

If you can get passed that, the blades themselves are nice enough, although they do clog easily. I would jump on this if the flex head wasn't so poorly designed.

pooptydoo

^ many make these sound unusable and unacceptable. but how can that be when others say they are perfect? truth has to be somewhere in between, i figure.

barriemyers

quality posts: 1 Private Messages barriemyers

Agreed, your just not gonna get a complete shave with them, the blades are fine, it's the delivery system, rather use sand paper

ejsjrnc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ejsjrnc

much like everyone has a unique fingerprint, everyone's face is different....

some have commented that they are awesome and some say they suck. YMMV definitely applies here.

personally - i've gone the cartridge -> safety razor -> straight razor path myself...takes some time to learn the proper techniques, but my beard is so thick that if i use a cartridge razor, i practically have to shave again at lunch time....the straight or safety razor keep me baby-butt smooth all day....
but again....YMMV...

jmbunkin

quality posts: 28 Private Messages jmbunkin

How about that video, very funny stuff! I have a full beard so a quick clean up with my electic does it for me but I may buy this just because I love the video so much. Great work guys,funnier than purgatory!

liztull

quality posts: 13 Private Messages liztull

For women wondering how these work on leg hair, I bought a set awhile back (because of the price), and because of their size I'm guessing they're probably better for leg hair than facial hair. It gave me a close shave, and was reasonably easy to use. The only problems came with underarm hair--I was able to use it, but had to do some contorting. I didn't even try to use it on my...um...bikini area. But for fast swipes on my legs, it couldn't be beat.

geo8rge

quality posts: 33 Private Messages geo8rge
CowboyDann wrote:I'm sure our men in the military would love these if you're the kind of person to send care packages.

They're looking for new Harriers too. If you got one you're not using please send it to Leon Panetta, Defense Pentagon, Washington, DC 20301-1400

(Overall signature size was getting large. Recommended signature size is 5k.)

nmumark

quality posts: 9 Private Messages nmumark

Hopefully if they don't work that well I can find other uses for the other 44 blades...Might have to use that pinterest site i've heard about.

geo8rge

quality posts: 33 Private Messages geo8rge

"Endurium coated razor blades; that last longer"

Endurium? Wave The Flag! is on these things and what effect will it have on me?

(Overall signature size was getting large. Recommended signature size is 5k.)

barrytice

quality posts: 1 Private Messages barrytice

I've used the Gillette (they sent me a free sample) and it's true that I get a very nice shave from it. But Gillette is a Proctor and Gamble product, and we do our best to not buy those because of P&G's record on animal testing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvZwr2ZSr9g

I've been looking for an appropriate substitute, and I'm in for three.

Harpo

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Harpo
alexmg2420 wrote:Hah, you think 5 blades is bad? Walgreens has a store-brand razor with 6 blades that I used to use. Cartridges were affordable enough as far as cartridges go, but you had to smack the razor on the sink just to unclog the blades. There was just no keeping them unclogged!

The 4 blade razors were great (for me) but when I switched to 5 it was a blade too far. The pulling that worked wonders with 4 blades felt too strange with yet one more blade. Having said that, I still in for a set here.

jennahw

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jennahw

I have used this EXACT razor (got it through Amazon Vine to test), and neither me or the hubby like it. For him, he misses the precision blade on the end - this one doesn't have it. Otherwise it was mostly fine, but nothing great. (So maybe OK for guys if you don't use the precision blade.) For me, it actually has too much flex (hard to explain, but) for leg shaving. It's hard to get enough pressure to do a good job without putting TOO much pressure and cutting yourself because of the design of the razor itself. I'm not a fan of this. razor.

In other news, you can sharpen disposable razor blades by running them the wrong way (opposite of shaving direction) on your skin 10-15 strokes once a week. Sounds crazy, but I've used the SAME disposable razor blade for 8+ months with this method multiple times, and they still stay sharp.

thomas998

quality posts: 22 Private Messages thomas998
Fountain3586 wrote:Defintely! I use mens razors for my legs and they are always smooth... in for 3. 3 sets is an easy 2 year supply for a woman and her special places... legs, under arms, and the mountains near the pink parts.

Mountains near the pink parts? You mean chicks that shave their chest, yuck.

snosbig

quality posts: 8 Private Messages snosbig

Great for cold cuts too!

snosbig

quality posts: 8 Private Messages snosbig
thomas998 wrote:Mountains near the pink parts? You mean chicks that shave their chest, yuck.

Yo Tom, you need to get out more & start dating

homophil79

quality posts: 1 Private Messages homophil79
ERICinWV wrote:I recently bought this razor at the local Big Lots for $5 (came with 3 blades) and am very happy with it so far. ... Happily I still have receipt and will take those three back to use towards getting three here - a lot bigger supply of blades.

Oh, come on. Really?? This is beyond the definition of cheap. You should consider being ashamed of returning something for this reason...

DarthVukster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DarthVukster

Man! I was thinking about finally giving in to my receding hairline and just shaving the whole thing. This deal might have cinched the decision for me!!

I am just debating if I should wait for the model with the turbo-charger or not.

DarkZrobe wrote:For those that are worried about the blade clogging:

I recently discovered if you rub the blade on your arm or legs the opposite direction that you shave it cleans the blades quite nicely. Do this and shave in the shower and shaving couldn't be easier.

Thumbs up!! I shave in the shower and simply hold the blade under the shower and run my thumb backwards over the blades a couple times and they clean just fine.

wootieman wrote:I believe that the biggest problem Remington had with the blades was the availability of the raw materials.

It turns out that Endurium is one of the rarest, most coveted elements in the known universe. It's mining has been the source of misery and suffering for any indigenous peoples unlucky enough to have made their homes near the few known sources. In fact, there was a movie made by James Cameron that.... Wait a minute ... Oh never mind...

Actually Endurium, is a crystal that fuels interstellar flight. I know it's true because it was on the interwebs. Google rocks!

I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.