ROGETRAY


quality posts: 168 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

tjay122 wrote:Stay away TV is crap didnt work and best yet woot doesnt have a customer service where you could speak to someone sent 3 emails no reply !!! If getting hit with sandy was'nt enough i get a BUM TV that does'nt work and no one to answer for it !!!! Should have stayed away!!!



I'm sorry to hear that you haven't received any responses to your inquiries.
I've forwarded your post onto Member Services to see if they can help remedy your situation.

Thank you for your ongoing patience while we address this issue.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

mdrcoast


quality posts: 12 Private Messages mdrcoast
ashli143 wrote:I have an LG 3D tv, can you tell me where to access 3d content via LG apps? Its a smart tv.

Also, I have a magic remote - what do I use it for?

The Magic Remote acts just like a Wii Controller for moving a curser around the screen. Also used for some games from the app store but I have not played any of the games

To get streaming 3D hit the Home button on the remote and click on 3D world. There is a lot of free stuff (Mostly Boring) but a lot of PPV content.

http://www.lg.com/us/tv-audio-video/3dworld

You will need to set up an account with LG

dliidlii


quality posts: 34 Private Messages dliidlii

LG 42" 1080p 3D LED LCD HDTV Bundle for $580 + free shipping, more
Dell Home offers the LG 42" 1080p 3D LED-Backlit LCD HD Television (pictured), model no. 42LM3700, bundled with the LG 40-watt Dual Channel Stereo Sound Bar and four pairs of LG 3D glasses, for $579.99 with free shipping. That's tied with our mention from last week, and the lowest total price we could find for this bundle by $18. Sales tax is added where applicable. The HDTV features a 1920x1080 (1080p) native resolution, LED backlight, USB connectivity, two HDMI inputs, and more.
Dell Home also offers the LG 47" 120Hz 1080p 3D LED-Backlit LCD HD Television, model no. 47LM4700, bundled with the LG 40-watt Dual Channel Stereo Sound Bar and four pairs of LG 3D glasses, for $779.99 with free shipping. That's also tied with last week's mention and the lowest total price we could find for this bundle now by $18. The HDTV features a 1920x1080 (1080p) native resolution, 120Hz refresh rate, edge-lit LED backlight, USB connectivity, two HDMI inputs, and more.

Don't want/need the glasses? Walmart offers the LG 42" HDTV Soundbar Bundle for $519.98 with free shipping, and the LG 47" HDTV Soundbar Bundle for $748 with free shipping. Sales tax is added where applicable.

amarkham


quality posts: 1 Private Messages amarkham

I've got the LG LW5600, which is not the same TV, but it was is similar refurb. Pretty happy with the overall performance. Would not buy an edge-lit LED again...You don't think you'll notice the difference, but you start to after a while. For the price, the picture it pretty outstanding and the amount of user settings/controls is pretty great.

One major con for my set (and I'm sure this one falls in the same category) are the apps. They are buggy and don't always work. Netflix has to be deactivated and reactivated every now and then (gets better with more software updates) to avoid having to log in everytime...it's a pain to type your email and password with a TV remote. Hulu became so unusable that we canceled that service. If you call LG, they blame it on Hulu/Netflix, and if you call Hulu/Netflix, they blame it on LG. It makes sense to me that the fault would lie with the television manufacturer. I never had this trouble with my old Roku player. If you don't plan on using the built-in apps, then this is a pretty good set, but this is just my personal experience on a different model.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 585 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

bigelowb wrote:Not interested. I would certainly not want to take a chance of getting a crappy Vizio TV rather than an LG.



You do realize it's not a lottery, right? You choose which TV you want.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

timetoleave


quality posts: 0 Private Messages timetoleave

I've ordered the Vizio TV and I have read your responses but I have had several of their products and never had any problem. I dare say that for the money this is the best of the bunch.

But, like Apple V. Microsoft there will never be a clear better. Just better for any specific person for specific reasons.

profinishdesign


quality posts: 0 Private Messages profinishdesign

Guys, got the LG. The package was tore up and the glasses were missing. I have to return the unit. It wasn't handled well in shipping and the metal back shows with dents. Because its soooo thin and the package is big...it turned out like any mishandled tv would be handled, poorly. Returning.

PemberDucky


quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

profinishdesign wrote:Guys, got the LG. The package was tore up and the glasses were missing. I have to return the unit. It wasn't handled well in shipping and the metal back shows with dents. Because its soooo thin and the package is big...it turned out like any mishandled tv would be handled, poorly. Returning.



sorry to hear. that's a shame.
if you haven't already, send an email to support@woot.com and let them know what happened. we definitely want to make it right.


-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

dprata


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dprata

Just received mine today. Wow, completely damaged. Just emailed woot.com What a hassle

inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
dprata wrote:Just received mine today. Wow, completely damaged. Just emailed woot.com What a hassle



Thanks for letting us know you've mailed in!

I'm just hanging out, really.

rob4kelli


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rob4kelli

I am so PISSED!!! Woot sucks at packing fragile stuff. I just got the TV. It came in a box inside a box. The outside box had a little damage to the outside corners, but the inside box had a hole punched in it. This is what caused a large dent into the back of the TV and the trim was busted and separated from the panel all along the top!!! Looks to me like the inside box was damaged before it was put into the larger outside box. Woot should be ashamed!

mjburnham


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjburnham

I bought a LG and after multiple calls to FedEx about where my package was they finally stated it was "lost" (which I had a suspicion a week ago since I know it does not take DAYS to drive the 30 mins). They told me I had to contact Woot again to have them file a claim. This is after several emails to support here where there was no support- just "let us know what you hear from FedEx. Now I have missed the Black Friday sales and have no TV and no idea what Woot will do to fix this. I would have thought since this is the shipper that Woot uses that they would have tried harder to help me figure out what was going on with the shipping process/lost package than let me run around in circles for something that they already have my money for and I don't have the product. Very frustrating!

inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
mjburnham wrote:I bought a LG and after multiple calls to FedEx about where my package was they finally stated it was "lost" (which I had a suspicion a week ago since I know it does not take DAYS to drive the 30 mins). They told me I had to contact Woot again to have them file a claim. This is after several emails to support here where there was no support- just "let us know what you hear from FedEx. Now I have missed the Black Friday sales and have no TV and no idea what Woot will do to fix this. I would have thought since this is the shipper that Woot uses that they would have tried harder to help me figure out what was going on with the shipping process/lost package than let me run around in circles for something that they already have my money for and I don't have the product. Very frustrating!


Go ahead and mail support - now that FedEx has told you it is probably better to work with that angle and see what your options are. Best of luck, and we're sorry this happened.

I'm just hanging out, really.

runawayclassic


quality posts: 0 Private Messages runawayclassic

I have never been so frustrated! Finally received my TV today after it not being delivered for 2 almost 3 weeks and it gets shipped damaged! I couldn't find one thing that wasn't damaged on the TV. After all the excitement and anticipation and this happens.

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 168 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

runawayclassic wrote:I have never been so frustrated! Finally received my TV today after it not being delivered for 2 almost 3 weeks and it gets shipped damaged! I couldn't find one thing that wasn't damaged on the TV. After all the excitement and anticipation and this happens.



We're very sorry to hear that you received your television order in the condition you described.

Please email Member Services at support@woot.com and they'll be glad to help you resolve this issue.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff