zimmerman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zimmerman

are the cameras for the security system in door out door and are the cameras color or black & white.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
scoope12 wrote:Careful with bigger ticket items on Woot. If they ship it and you don't get it, you're SOL.

Sounds like some dissatisfied here - how can we help you out? Feel free to post your reply to support@woot.com, because while I can't help with the particulars of your situation (just a forum mod here), I can point you to people who can.

I'm just hanging out, really.

StanleyS

quality posts: 5 Private Messages StanleyS
scoope12 wrote:Careful with bigger ticket items on Woot. If they ship it and you don't get it, you're SOL.

One word: chargeback.

StanleyS

quality posts: 5 Private Messages StanleyS
fireboss wrote:Is The Video Format Windows Compatible So Video Can Be Clipped And Edited ????
I Have A Paranormal Research Group And If It Is , This Would Work Great For Evidence Reviewing And Sharing....

*Every* word starts with a capital letter? Your keyboard is haunted.

namttipj1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages namttipj1

Better reviews here

http://www.compusa.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1622055

rwmcatee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rwmcatee
xxooss wrote:wow bad review...

Thanks for the review link! These cameras seem to be crap.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

bhelm22 wrote:Tonight I'm going to check the sales map, tomorrow I'm moving my family to the whitest state. So far it's not looking good for a move to the southeast.

well, i can't say i agree with that mentality, but if this is any help:

States with the highest percentages of White Americans, as of 2007:[37]
Vermont 96.2%
Maine 95.5%
New Hampshire 95.0%
West Virginia 94.3%
Iowa 92.9%
Idaho 92.1%
Wyoming 91.6%
Minnesota 90.94%
North Dakota 90.9%

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

kernalum

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kernalum
ScousePete wrote:Wired cameras? How 20th century

I was sorta thinking the same thing. Wifi would be more convenient. HOWEVER, I've recently picked up a totally innocent wifi penetration testing hobby. What I've found thus far is that the free linux utility aireplay-ng can be used to shutdown seemingly any wifi network cold. I'm imagining a small rooted android device being used to provide a wireless network free bubble.

You don't want hackers/geeks/cat-burglars to steal your stuff, do you?

That said, I'm renting, so I'll wait for a good deal on a wireless camera system. :P

kernalum

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kernalum
PemberDucky wrote:well, i can't say i agree with that mentality, but if this is any help:

States with the highest percentages of White Americans, as of 2007:[37]
Vermont 96.2%
Maine 95.5%
New Hampshire 95.0%
West Virginia 94.3%
Iowa 92.9%
Idaho 92.1%
Wyoming 91.6%
Minnesota 90.94%
North Dakota 90.9%

I'm not sure if you're joking or if you missed PemberDucky's meaning. In this case, the opposite of white is green, based on woot's color scheme on the 'woot by state' graphic. So the 'whitest state' refers to the state which wooted this camera system the least, not the state with the least skin pigment.

mrict2002

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mrict2002

Does anyone has a Link to how this can be connected to a network and controlled with smart phone etc?

dopalgangr

quality posts: 5 Private Messages dopalgangr

I know the price is low and you get 8 cameras but save your money, you will be dissappointed. Unless you dont care if greens look red or that you cant see anything at night, then go for it. I've been in the CCTV thing for years and you could identify someone during the day but night will be out of the question. The best price for a decent system would be the Q-See 4 Channel HD Digital NVR with 1TB Hard Drive and 4 HD 720p IP Cameras for $700 (Costco). With this stuff you definately get what you pay for. Also check out cctvforum.com tons of info on there, just weed through some of the sales pitches by some members. Look at the residential area of the forum.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 98 Private Messages radi0j0hn
chadpyle wrote:Not to split hairs but, "commercial-grade" is generally synonymous with 'business-grade', not "consumer-grade". The basic hierarchy for product features and overall quality is generally: Enterprise-grade > Business-grade > Residential-grade.

Nevertheless, your point is a good one. This surveillance system is residential-grade, as can be inferred most easily by price and features (or lack thereof). It is likely that quality follows suit.

Years ago, I mananged a tobacco shop and we called the better pipes (Savinelli, Comoy, Dunhill, etc.) commercial grade, as well as the better tobaccos. probably changes with industries, or over time. Someplace I've got a box with my Savinelli Autographs, which were over $100 in the early 70's. Wish I could find them and clean them up for resale!

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

nmasino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nmasino

Just received mine today. It won't turn on. :-/

...not to mention the box was not packed very well. There was one piece of filler paper in the box and the contents was not secure. The box had one piece of tape and was open on both ends! WOOT your packaging department is slacking!!!

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 175 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

nmasino wrote:Just received mine today. It won't turn on. :-/

...not to mention the box was not packed very well. There was one piece of filler paper in the box and the contents was not secure. The box had one piece of tape and was open on both ends! WOOT your packaging department is slacking!!!

Sorry for the late reply and sorry to hear that you received your order in the condition it was received in.

Please feel free to shoot Woot Member Services an email at support@woot.com and they'll be glad to help you out.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

sepacksys

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sepacksys
mrict2002 wrote:Does anyone has a Link to how this can be connected to a network and controlled with smart phone etc?

Yes. It has an iPhone and Android app. Also you can use IE from a laptop. You do have to setup your firewall to allow access to the DVR if you want to connect from a remote location.