gusvonpooch

quality posts: 24 Private Messages gusvonpooch
kayabound wrote:Well, I dont post much but I am fairly certain that little icon on the left says I am better than all of you (a bigger sucker is more like it) which means I have bought a crapton of stuff over the years and these are the WORST PURCHASE EVER...my kid uses them in nightlights and they last 2 days...carry on.

No idea what they are using for nightlights but I would dump them(the nightlights not the children).
I have these batteries and they work as well as most brands out there,may even buy more today

leoharper

quality posts: 4 Private Messages leoharper
SolaraGuy wrote:http://www.amazon.com/Kodak-Alkaline-Batteries-AA-24/dp/B0018BO7UE

Assuming you have Amazon Prime, it's like buying 2 and getting 1 free.

Reviews are half good and half bad so it's a gamble.

Here's the link to the one back in August of this year: http://www.woot.com/offers/kodak-xtralife-alkaline-batteries-72pk

Just reviewed previous reviews. I'm not seeing the "half bad" reviews as the vast majority I've been scanning all morning are very positive in reference to everyone's experiences with Kodak "Alkaline" batteries. (The small # of "bad" reviews I see appear to be some people having issues with expiration dates (which these are good through 2019! and mostly others who appear to have had issues with "Heavy Duty" (Carbon Zinc) batteries, and not realizing that those are not the same as these high quality "Alkaline" batteries.

DigitalFoobar

quality posts: 4 Private Messages DigitalFoobar

So many batteries, so many possibilities!

leoharper

kayabound wrote:Well, I dont post much but I am fairly certain that little icon on the left says I am better than all of you (a bigger sucker is more like it) which means I have bought a crapton of stuff over the years and these are the WORST PURCHASE EVER...my kid uses them in nightlights and they last 2 days...carry on.

Doesn't add up. Are you sure you purcashed Kodak "Alkaline" with a good expiration date? Our family uses these in everything from Wii controllers to our children's toys to digital cameras ... and they last very close to all the top brands we've tried on sale over the years. We've recommended these on to many family and friends last several years and I've not heard one complaint yet...but have heard countless thanks for saving all of them tons of money with good quality!

leoharper

TheSozios wrote:It appears they are made in China. No thanks.

God Bless America and you won't get more Pro-USA than our family ... but I'm not paying double for Energizer or Duracell just because they're made in the U.S. If it's a close diff., I might consider it, but the price of these today compared to Energ. & Duracell is not even close...a HUGE SAVINGS with this deal!

flaura22

quality posts: 9 Private Messages flaura22

In for 2. 1 for me and 1 for the toys for tots bin.

geo8rge

quality posts: 33 Private Messages geo8rge
CowboyDann wrote:My girlfriend's is diesel and has a pull-start.

Seriously though, You might want to buy one extra to donate to toys for tots. They seem to have no problem gathering the toys but people forget they need to be powered by something.

Give a tot a battery and the tot can power his toy for a day, but teach a tot how to build a battery and the tot can power his toy for a lifetime.

(Overall signature size was getting large. Recommended signature size is 5k.)

jabutler303

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jabutler303
jikkme wrote:At this price point, my opinion would be that if they last longer than 1/2 the life of Duracell's or Energizer's, this is a good deal. I can't imagine they wouldn't perform better than that. I'm going to sleep on it but I think I'm in for 1 or 2 tomorrow morning... er, later this morning.

I bought a bunch of these last time, and I think they're fine, especially for the price. Perhaps not quite up to the big names in how long they last, but the cost-to-life ratio is excellent. Also, a prominent consumer's magazine suggests buying alkaline batteries by price, not by name brand. These area very good value.

jirachii

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jirachii

Lowes Home Improvement has 30pk AA for $4 It was a Black Friday sale but most stores still have plenty left and still at the Black Friday price

allmann1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages allmann1

can i buy 1 of each on the same order?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 583 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

allmann1 wrote:can i buy 1 of each on the same order?

You bet. Just choose your quantity first. You'll get a box to choose the battery type for each one.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

purplefeather

quality posts: 8 Private Messages purplefeather

Walmart has the 96 count bundles of Rayovac (my #1 choice for cheap batteries) for $20 with shipping at 97 cents.

Made in the USA too, for those of you who care.

bambam8350

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bambam8350

So I want a AA and a AAA. In the pass you could get both . Now you cant. Whats up with that?

aron1231

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aron1231

I don't want to be too hard on Woot, but I don't understand the poor battery deals they have. Maybe it has to do with shipping, I don't know. But last summer I bought a 48 pack of Rayovac AA for 5.99 (after rebate - approx. 0.12/battery). On black friday I got 30 packs of AC Delco AA and AAA for 1.99 each (also after rebate - approx. 0.07 per battery). Both of these deals came from my local Menards. I understand Woot doesn't always have the best deals, but I would never buy batteries from them... the deals just aren't competitive.

putzee1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages putzee1
ThunderThighs wrote:If you tell me what's happening, I'll be glad to help.

How can we buy a package of each size of battery??

beachhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages beachhead
putzee1 wrote:How can we buy a package of each size of battery??

Just change the quantity to 2, and you'll get two different boxes and you can choose different size in each one. Very easy..try it, you'll like it!

levarfan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages levarfan

No, these batteries are just as good as any other alkaline batteries. You are thinking of the "heavy duty" (non alkaline) batteries. Those are the ones with the good shelf life and lousy performance (and have been sold on Woot in the past).

All batteries labeled "alkaline" are going to give you basically the same performance, regardless of brand.

My son did a science experiment several years ago in which he tested everything from the cheapest, dollar store alkalines to the name-brand duracells. It included some kodak alkalines and tested how long they powered a flashlight until the light weakened. The Kodaks, Duracells, evereadys, cvs brand, etc all had almost EXACTLY the same average results.

procell11 wrote:I have these battery's and they do not last, they have a good shelf life but no power compared to Duracell battery's, not worth it.

whatsupchuck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whatsupchuck

I bought a bunch of those Kodak Xtralfe alkaline batteries a couple of months ago on Woot and have been pretty pleased with them. They're certainly a whole lot better than the ACDelco branded junk that Woot has been offering up recently.

Dunno how the "Xtralife" batteries stack up to the "Max" variety from Kodak, but it wouldn't surprise me if they were the exact same item with different names for marketing purposes.

nudave

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nudave
purplefeather wrote:Walmart has the 96 count bundles of Rayovac (my #1 choice for cheap batteries) for $20 with shipping at 97 cents.

Made in the USA too, for those of you who care.

beachhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages beachhead

As fast as my wonderful wife goes through AA batteries, I should probably buy these in lots of 1,000, as that's what I found I need to do to equal this price shipped to my door.

So, what did this wooter do? Well, of course, I bought 3. What did you do?

ThunderThighs

Staff

putzee1 wrote:How can we buy a package of each size of battery??

bambam8350 wrote:So I want a AA and a AAA. In the pass you could get both . Now you cant. Whats up with that?

Choose the quantity first. For each one you buy, you will get a box to choose the battery type.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

nudave wrote:

FWIW, I saw this a few days ago. I immediately went and grabbed one of mine purchased from Woot and there was no underlying label.

FORUM MODERATOR

rocque

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rocque
yeahbuddy wrote:Consumer Reports results summarized at http://www.ksla.com/story/5631320/consumer-alert-finding-the-best-battery-bargains?clienttype=printable

Powering everything from digital cameras and portable music players to laser tools and even tape measures, it's no wonder we spend over four-billion dollars a year on batteries. But how do you know what's the best battery for your needs?

Consumer Reports just ran tests on 16 different disposable double-A batteries, including ones from Duracell, Panasonic, and Energizer. There were four types in all - lithium, premium alkaline, regular alkaline, and nickel oxy-hydroxide.

Tests evaluated the battery life in high-drain devices, like a digital camera, and medium-drain devices such as a CD player.

"Our tests showed big differences in battery performance depending on what's being powered. So it really makes sense when you're buying disposable batteries to have a specific device in mind,"said one expert, Kim Kleman.

The best battery for a digital camera turned out to be the Energizer e-2 Lithium, which easily outperformed the Duracell Power Pix and Panasonic Oxyride batteries. At two-dollars-and-35-cents a piece, the Energizer was the most expensive battery tested. But considering the e-2 ran three to seven times longer than the batteries tested - Consumer Reports says it's worth the extra cost.

"But when it comes to devices that don't need a lot of power - you don't need to buy expensive batteries, just buy the cheapest highly rated alkaline you can find," says Kleman.

Consumer Reports tests found the Kirkland Signature double-A battery from Costco performed very well and goes for about 20-cents a piece.

Thanks!

mjjohnstonjr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjjohnstonjr

Oops, question answered above

flyfisherwiz

quality posts: 4 Private Messages flyfisherwiz

My wifes runs on Mr. Fusion and has a Flux capacitor just in case she wants to go back to the future again and again and again .... ;)

CowboyDann wrote:My girlfriend's is diesel and has a pull-start.

Seriously though, You might want to buy one extra to donate to toys for tots. They seem to have no problem gathering the toys but people forget they need to be powered by something.

spcaer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spcaer

I'm trying to order one AAA and one AA, but the ordering process will only allow me to purchase one or the other. Any way to order one of each?

F me, I need to read more comments before posting. Well I'm gonna park the cars and get check the luggage, and well, I'll be outside for the season.

cjmoran

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cjmoran

The sheer quantity leads me to ask the question...how many of these get recycled? Supposedly, U.S. made batteries no longer contain mercury but since these are from China, I'm sure even the box they came in is toxic. Just food for thought, the more I researched it today the more interesting it became.

Rock

FlamingoNut

quality posts: 12 Private Messages FlamingoNut

I'm sorry, but Kodak has to be the worst battery I have ever used. The shelf life is horrible, and once you insert the battery into a device, it never fails that they need to be replace shortly thereafter. The multipacks are always on sale at Shoprite for next to nothing, and I won't even buy them then. Major fail.

TheSozios

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheSozios
yeahbuddy wrote:Which consumer grade alkaline batteries are NOT made in China or India ?

For starters....Duracell and Energizer are both made in USA. But so are the Costco Kirkland 48 pack of AAs that I get on a regular basis. The list goes on.

mike65401

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mike65401
Gatzby wrote:

Here's an appropriate oldie.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IzWBMIq9ko

MikeekiM

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MikeekiM
qwertyzap wrote:I just order a 48 pack of Maxell AA batteries from Amazon today for $12.01.

Nice... I just pulled the trigger on this instead... It's cheaper, and I don't have to worry about the shelf life of 72 batteries... I'd rather worry about 48 batteries!

Thanks!

questphil

quality posts: 1 Private Messages questphil

I bought these last time they were on woot....I do not recommend them, it seems like they last maybe 1/10th of a good batteries life. I know in our xbox controllers they are lucky to make it a week or two, vs name brands that last months.

nik888

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nik888

If you want crappy, used, defective products and terrible customer service then go ahead and sign up quickly with Woot.

These batteries are probably made out of bubble-gum.

jsbc777

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jsbc777

I have made the mistake of buying batteries from woot on several occasions. Each and every time they died with only minutes of use. I now stay away from woot batteries at all cost.

kmartind

quality posts: 38 Private Messages kmartind
questphil wrote:I bought these last time they were on woot....I do not recommend them, it seems like they last maybe 1/10th of a good batteries life. I know in our xbox controllers they are lucky to make it a week or two, vs name brands that last months.

And when you say "these" do you mean "Kodak Max" Alkaline batteries, or "Kodak Xtralife" batteries or "Kodak Ener-G" batteries, or "Kodak Extra Heavy Duty" batteries or "Kodak NiMH Recharable" batteries, or something else? I think those have all been on Woot! at one time or another (as well as several other non-Kodak brands), and there are very significant differences between some of them (most especially, anything labeled as Heavy Duty is garbage).

brives81

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brives81

Our local dollar store has bonus 5 pack of Panasonic AA's batteries for $1.

this deal is $14.99 + $5 ship = $19.99 for 72 batteries. I can get 100 Panasonic AA's for the same price.

kmartind

quality posts: 38 Private Messages kmartind
brives81 wrote:Our local dollar store has bonus 5 pack of Panasonic AA's batteries for $1.

this deal is $14.99 + $5 ship = $19.99 for 72 batteries. I can get 100 Panasonic AA's for the same price.

They actually sell a 5-pack? I don't think I've ever seen that. I guess it's called a "bonus" because it's basically buy 4 batteries get one free? Also encourages people to buy multiple packs so they don't end up with an odd number.
Anyway, I really hope they are Alkaline and NOT the ones below:
http://www.dollartree.com/AA-Panasonic-Batteries/p13219/index.pro
Those super heavy duty ones really are absolute garbage and last like 1/10th as long as any normal batteries.

krylon360

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krylon360

Just ordered a set of each for Storage. Got the confirmation email and saw it had my old address. Updated my address on my profile and sent an email to support. Hopefully it can be fixed before they ship it out.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
krylon360 wrote:Just ordered a set of each for Storage. Got the confirmation email and saw it had my old address. Updated my address on my profile and sent an email to support. Hopefully it can be fixed before they ship it out.

Thanks for letting us know you wrote in! Good luck!

I'm just hanging out, really.

bookwomyn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bookwomyn

I bought these last time (AA) and they don't last well at all.