tmowbray428

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tmowbray428

1. Fountain (assuming the ice is good and mix is right, etc)

2. Can - needs to be ice cold, but definitely tastes better than out of a plastic bottle

3. Bottle - I was assuming plastic when I read the poll, but a glass bottle would vault it's way up to #2

jimknapp78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimknapp78

Pop

kharlan3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kharlan3

Glass bottle

Jquestxc82

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jquestxc82

It's pop.

smithma7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages smithma7

Sodas are evil.

mirrorz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mirrorz

Since Woot is also located in Texas, we all say Coke instead of Soda or Pop when referring to carbonated soft drinks.

Cokes are best served from an overinflated old tire. Shotgunning of champions.

I saw a turtle.

friartek

quality posts: 15 Private Messages friartek

1) Home made root beer
2) fountain drink

tolerance: a fair, objective, and permissive attitude toward opinions and practices that differ from one's own.
BOC: 4 Including the very last Woot!-off B)C. One of the lucky few.

werbrimhall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages werbrimhall

Can, bottle, and fountain. If I'm getting a fountain drink then it must be Coke, other wise I prefer Pepsi out of a bottle but usually drink it from a can so I waste less.

Leah N. L. Brimhall

ldressel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ldressel

I don't drink "soda" I drink "pop"

ddspell

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ddspell

Soda by the glass, specifically a soda glass.

entouragevol

quality posts: 0 Private Messages entouragevol

Whatever was the best value and then I pour it into a glass.

techiegirl

quality posts: 1 Private Messages techiegirl

I love my SodaStream, especially Diet Cream and Diet Rootbeer.

CannonFodder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CannonFodder

SodaStream! Make your own soda. When is Woot going to have SodaStream?

auctionsaver

quality posts: 19 Private Messages auctionsaver

Tat2Kate

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Tat2Kate

It's pop, not soda.

entouragevol

quality posts: 0 Private Messages entouragevol

It is soda. The two largest producers of soft drinks call it soda.

firebirdude

quality posts: 19 Private Messages firebirdude

Cans are where it's at! I am FLOORED that bottles are getting this much love!! Plastic bottles SUCK.I'm a little torn on fountains. We all tend to drink more when we have this huge cup and wide straw. And, somehow like a fine scotch, the melting ice adds some deliciousness to the mix.

But there's just something about cans I'm in love with. Icey cold and great tasting. NOTHING beats Mountain Dew out of a wide mouth can. NOTHING.

samvimes42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages samvimes42

Glass bottle is the way to go.

laugh119bh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages laugh119bh
entouragevol wrote:It is soda. The two largest producers of soft drinks call it soda.

Yeah and you probably call them buffalo wings but trust me, they're chicken wings.

karenlambert

quality posts: 0 Private Messages karenlambert

Soda Stream! Love to make lemon and orange soda with the fruit from my yard when it's ripe. Otherwise it's wine, definitely from a bottle. BTW, where I grew up it's tonic--not pop or soda...

falken

quality posts: 1 Private Messages falken

pop vs soda debate is all about where you live: http://www.popvssoda.com

Pop:137109
Soda:139512

The US is pretty much divided 50/50.

pr0gr4m

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pr0gr4m
falken wrote:pop vs soda debate is all about where you live: http://www.popvssoda.com

Pop:137109
Soda:139512

The US is pretty much divided 50/50.

...which means that half the country is wrong. It is Soda or we will accept SodaPop, but it is most definitely not Pop.

Pop is what a balloon does.
Pop is your dad.
Pop is a type of music that I like yet despise.
Pop is not a beverage.

editorkid

quality posts: 94 Private Messages editorkid

All about the SodaStream too. Folks who want to spread out from the company's gross official flavors should check out the syrups from lots of sites. (Woot has sold some and maybe this thread will inspire them to bring them back or sell more.) Check out Jo Snow, Pittsburgh Soda, P&H Soda and others.

It's also pretty easy to buy parts that modify your SodaStream so you can use larger CO2 tanks. The guy at Pittsburgh Soda reviewed one very favorably but there are a few options at (somewhat) different price levels. (You're basically getting custom-machined pieces so you're not going to get an economy of scale on these.)

And yeah, for the commercial stuff, it's all about the ginger beer and the dry cucumber soda. The Dry Soda Co. also makes a good blood orange that's my second choice when cucumber is sold out.

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward

Fountain is best when it's done right. The brix has to be balanced, crushed ice if you can get it, and most important, decent water. If you get a fountain drink in Appleton, Wisconsin, it's like drinking cola flavored Clorox.

RWoodward

As for SodaStream, I just can't see myself paying $150 for what is essentially a seltzer bottle. Not when you can get one for five bucks at the Goodwill store, or free, if you look around your grandparent's attic.

RWoodward

firebirdude wrote:Cans are where it's at! I am FLOORED that bottles are getting this much love!! Plastic bottles SUCK.I'm a little torn on fountains. We all tend to drink more when we have this huge cup and wide straw. And, somehow like a fine scotch, the melting ice adds some deliciousness to the mix.

But there's just something about cans I'm in love with. Icey cold and great tasting. NOTHING beats Mountain Dew out of a wide mouth can. NOTHING.

Metal can leech into acidic liquids. Glass, not so much. Before aluminum, canned beverages had a distinct "tinny" taste. Aluminum isn't as bad, but some folks believe consuming even tiny amounts of aluminum is very bad for you.

Hope that answers your question.

editorkid

quality posts: 94 Private Messages editorkid
RWoodward wrote:As for SodaStream, I just can't see myself paying $150 for what is essentially a seltzer bottle. Not when you can get one for five bucks at the Goodwill store, or free, if you look around your grandparent's attic.

Fortunately Bed Bath & Beyond has the $99 model that's $79 after the 20% off coupon that no sane person ever enters the store without.

"Metal can leech into acidic liquids. Glass, not so much. Before aluminum, canned beverages had a distinct "tinny" taste. Aluminum isn't as bad, but some folks believe consuming even tiny amounts of aluminum is very bad for you."

All cans are lined.