gabbadoodles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gabbadoodles

Mashed potatoes, fresh whipped cream, frosting, tomato sauce,...,...

gb

hoosiercub

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hoosiercub
mjc613 wrote:Does anyone have a Blend and Cook Soupmaker? Has it really improved your life?

It's garbage. I bought it for my mom, brand-new with a coupon and on sale at Bed Bath & Beyond a few years ago. She didn't touch it for the better part of a year, it just sat in the box. The first time she tried to use it, it was broken. Cuisinart said that it was no longer covered because it had been one year since we purchased it. The heating element didn't work, neither did the motor.

bpratap

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bpratap

Just got "Cuisinart DGB-650BCFR Grind-and-Brew Thermal 10-Cup Automatic Coffeemaker, Brushed Metal" from FedEx delivery and I am really pissed.

They did NOT send the key items they highlight on the product page with this coffee machine:

- Gold tone commercial style permanent filter and;
- Charcoal water filter

I just wrote them and email but now it is just sitting in my kitchen being useless! I hate folks who pull a con job like this.

I would like to return it and I want my money back.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 98 Private Messages radi0j0hn
lifevirusx wrote:They clean/sterilize it, then test it afterwards
I'm sure their test coffee is plenty clean, and why would you not clean a new cooking utensil before you use it anyway?

Do your really think that is left over test coffee? All they probably do is make sure water runs through it. Besides, why not test and THEN clean and sterilize. You're being taken for a ride.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

dfunkmaster

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dfunkmaster
lovejunkie00 wrote:No one *needs* a juicer.

Haven't you watched "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead?"

C'mon...

jonni87

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jonni87
marbx wrote:Does anyone here use one of those hand blenders? I've always preferred my (apparently) old-fashioned stand-up blender, but I'm curious if those make a difference in ease of use, or ease of cleanup, or something.

I have tried making smoothies in the old-fashioned stand-up blender but have had a horrible time of it. The stick blender is much easier and faster and cleanup us a snap. Also use to puree soup.

A friend got this at Costco back in December for $19.95. Not sure if they are still promoting these though. I've only used the stick blender portion. To make smoothies I have separate stainless steel cups with a larger capacity for that. Split a set of six with the same friend. We bought on amazon for cheap.

GaleForce

quality posts: 12 Private Messages GaleForce

We have had the single serve brewing system for a couple of years now and it is easily the best K-Cup brewer you can get before you start getting into the commercial models. There are tons of different options including 5 (I believe) different volume options and the reservoir holds a lot of water. Plus, as an added bonus, the whole reservoir is illuminated by blue LEDs which make it look awesome and obviously make the coffee both taste better and guarantee the machine is high quality. Without the blue LEDs the coffee would probably only be mediocre.

smallblockgirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smallblockgirl

Only used my new Brewing System thrice and it has quit working. I was meticulous with the set up. Spent 30 minute this morning going through the trouble shooting portion of the directions (pg 21) and no luck. Never had to return a purchase before, but it is looking as though it is necessary. Should I try another or give up???

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

smallblockgirl wrote:Only used my new Brewing System thrice and it has quit working. I was meticulous with the set up. Spent 30 minute this morning going through the trouble shooting portion of the directions (pg 21) and no luck. Never had to return a purchase before, but it is looking as though it is necessary. Should I try another or give up???

That stinks. I'd contact Cuisinart and let them know what happened.
Feel free to email Support@Woot.com for any additional assistance.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

DeliriumTremens

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DeliriumTremens
smallblockgirl wrote:Only used my new Brewing System thrice and it has quit working. I was meticulous with the set up. Spent 30 minute this morning going through the trouble shooting portion of the directions (pg 21) and no luck. Never had to return a purchase before, but it is looking as though it is necessary. Should I try another or give up???

What was your result with contacting Cuisinart?

I ask, because I'm now having the exact same issue. I used it three times, and now, nothing. I did the troubleshooting and nothing has fixed it.

109 woots and counting...

k3vin11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages k3vin11

Staff

We are in contact with the vendor and will get that fixed for you.

If anyone else is having this issue please contact us through www.woot.com/support

bpratap wrote:Just got "Cuisinart DGB-650BCFR Grind-and-Brew Thermal 10-Cup Automatic Coffeemaker, Brushed Metal" from FedEx delivery and I am really pissed.

They did NOT send the key items they highlight on the product page with this coffee machine:

- Gold tone commercial style permanent filter and;
- Charcoal water filter

I just wrote them and email but now it is just sitting in my kitchen being useless! I hate folks who pull a con job like this.

I would like to return it and I want my money back.