duckfanbuck

quality posts: 2 Private Messages duckfanbuck
radi0j0hn wrote:Unless it has a mineral crystal cover, it's going to scratch up.

It's FLAME-FUSED. How can something flame-fused possibly scratch?

smithfarmer

quality posts: 2 Private Messages smithfarmer

Why isn't this listed in the Accessories & Watches section?

Come on Woot! Get your act together.

Secunza

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Secunza
duckfanbuck wrote:Do you know NOTHING about watches? The crystal is FLAME-FUSED!

Funny, hahaha, I mean you were using sarcasm, right? .... No? uh, dude you may want to think again what you said...

anthgothlz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages anthgothlz

Invictas must be for the young - because as I get older, Invictas just look more and more boring.

johnweideman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnweideman

Invicta: "This watch? How much is this watch worth?.......ONE MILLION DOLLARS".

babygrl1178

quality posts: 0 Private Messages babygrl1178
knightry wrote:Isn't this what the new woot watches is for?

Yeah no kidding. I am very disappointed to see yet another watch on woot so soon after the launch of the accessories & watches subwoot.

chuckf1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chuckf1

Invictas are good as a "gate keeper" watch, meaning for a person starting a watch collection, or someone who's interested in doing so, Invictas are a way of getting their feet wet.

But after a short while, for someone who wants to continue collecting watches, it's time to move on to more substantial timepieces.

If you want to see what a real $495.00 watch looks like, okay, it's $510.00 dollars for non European Union customers, check out this dive watch from Christopher Ward London. I don't work for the company, but I am a customer. This watch, unlike the Invicta, which runs on a battery, which will eventually die, is an automatic, meaning you can either wind it or it keeps itself would when word on the wrist. No battery to change out.

Although professional divers don't wear dive watches, they have dive computers on their wrists, an amateur diver, which I'm not could use a well put together, (non-Invicta) watch to do so.

End of rant.

Christopher Ward London

StanleyS

quality posts: 4 Private Messages StanleyS
chuckf1 wrote:This watch, unlike the Invicta, which runs on a battery, which will eventually die... No battery to change out.

Having to change a watch battery every 5 (?) years doesn't seem to be much of a hardship.

peaceonearth11

quality posts: 2 Private Messages peaceonearth11
charliecarroll wrote: ZERO "0" Customer Service From INVICTA.

Before you buy an Invicta you may want to Read This!

I could fill up thee pages of comments on all the known problems, ethics, less than honest sales techniques, crap for customer service, etc., about INVICTA but it is easier just to share a couple links that will get you to some facts you should know before you spend your hard earned cash on this brand. These three links have to do with customer service issues. And, these are by no means the only complaints to be found on the web and are just a small sample. Google it yourself.

Customer service is always a true indication to what all of a company is about or, not about in the case of INVICTA.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Invicta-Watch/internet/Invicta-Watch-Invicta-Watch-USA-Repair-Service-Fraud-Non-Responsive-and-You-May-Ne-950838

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/retail/invicta-watches.html

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/invicta-watch-group-c227759.html

BBB also rates the company with an F but many state that the BBB is not what it used to be and a rating can be "purchased". I have no clue as to any truth in that but since I see that quite a bit when the BBB is brought up in discussions I left out their link. But for what it is worth to those that trust the BBB, I did note the rating they give Invicta.

For what it's worth, I got a non-working Invicta watch (off woot? can't remember.) I sent it back to the service center and they wanted me to pay $25 (on a $50 watch) for handling and repair. After complaining mightily they relented, but overall pretty lousy service I'd agree.

cplaw

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cplaw

I think I'm in. Invicta is not a bad name, and it appears this model has 4 stars on Amazon for a lot more money.

http://www.amazon.com/Invicta-12846-Specialty-Black-Yellow/dp/B00962GV4M/ref=pd_sbs_watch_2

cplaw

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cplaw
babygrl1178 wrote:Yeah no kidding. I am very disappointed to see yet another watch on woot so soon after the launch of the accessories & watches subwoot.

I would imagine Woot is doing this to get people to associate watches with the woot label, so they will use the subwoot. Just sayin.

bowlingb

quality posts: 16 Private Messages bowlingb
knightry wrote:Isn't this what the new woot watches is for?

Definitely. Now if we can just get woot to not list any sports, tech, or wine related items on their main page since there are subwoots for those too.

bek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bek

$495 list price, eh... Yeah, Woot, about that list price...

SerialBeggar

quality posts: 4 Private Messages SerialBeggar
Sinjz wrote:Will we ever be able to use Amazon gift cards on this site?

david223 wrote:That is a darn good question that I'd also like to know the answer to.

What I'd like to know is when will I get triple points for using my Amazon Visa card?

poser55

quality posts: 2 Private Messages poser55

I'm sick to death of watches with rubber watchbands. Why are all men's watchbands made of rubber?

Give me Twist-o-flex!

tewkewl

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tewkewl

Invicta... ha ha.

Hoser768

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Hoser768
Kirkstone wrote:Almost 1/2" thick and 1 3/4" diameter? I know it's the style, but I don't want that big honking thing on my wrist. No wonder people are using their phones for clocks instead. I hope fashion swings back to thin, smaller faced watches before the ones I have that I can wear and hardly know they're there die.

Sounds like the Swiss Legend I got a couple months ago. I thought it looked nice, but holy moly is it HUGE.

I don't know if I should wear it on my wrist or around my neck like Flavor-Flav.

Listen to me now, or hear me say "I told you so" later.