webgenie

quality posts: 3 Private Messages webgenie
gephardt wrote:I do the same with a dd-wrt client bridge to my Roku and blueray. The bridge will be better than any built in WiFi. I did the same thing with an Airlink router previously. also with excellent results.

Thanks for telling me that my "plan" is going to work. I was going to purchase the $300 model because I rent a basement apt with Internet included. I don't have access to the router wired. First I purchased a bridge..was about to purchase a Solo from Best Buy...when this Woot popped up. And saved me a few sheckles! In fact it paid for the Bridge! Hopefully I have the results you guys have with this!

nealhill

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nealhill

Me too... ZERO issues... only thing is I updated my iPad app and it say "doesn't support original Slingbox" but the iPhone app I didn't upgrade and that works. Run it on Android, iPod Touch 4th Gen, iPad [1st and 3rd Gen]

worldofjohnboy wrote:I have had my solo for over 2 years, running all the time and have had ZERO issues with it. Regarding the comments about the price of the smartphone/tablet apps, though I agree that it seems steep, I can speak for Android app and paid 1 fee once... I have the app loaded on three smartphones and a tablet. (Not sure if crApple iTunes charges you for having it on multiple devices or types of devices, so please note that I can only validate on Android devices.)

I was tempted to get the HD version of the Slingbox, but have heard the experience can be shaky at best due to encryption that some cable providers have on the HDMI port. I stuck with the Solo and have yet to be let down.

my monthly wooty booty (from 10/5):
2 SanDisk Sansa e250 2GB Media Player; 1 US Robotics USB Internet Phone
2 Philips Bluetooth MP3/Cell Phone Headset; 2 AT&T H450 Earbud Headset - 2-Pack
3 Halberd 31-Piece Roadside Emergency Kit; 3 Halberd 45-Piece Portable Tool Tote
3 Direct TV/Tivo Remote

pschatzy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pschatzy

I have one. If you are lucky the power supply, which is the main problem, will die before it fries the capacitors on the main board. Mine worked after buying a heavier duty power supply. The price of the app is a rip off. I now use a Vulkano Flow to stream when I am on the road. A much better device with reasonably pric3d apps. I plugged my tablet into a tv with an hdmi cables last night and watched my florida fios box here in the rockies with a pretty nice picture and fine audio. Go with the flow notthis slingbox.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 585 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

drthomasho wrote:SquareTrade won't extend the warranty although Woot provides a link to do so...what's going on?

What's happening? I just tried it and it seemed to work. I had to add my state to the drop down and then click "Get a Plan".

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

garyhgaryh

quality posts: 4 Private Messages garyhgaryh

Can someone verify I can get a free app to replace the sling's paid app? I'm thinking about getting two of them, but if I have to pay for the app (and that's the only option), I'll pass.

I think I heard WTV app supports the sling box. True? Any others?

Thanks,
Gary

beebles

quality posts: 1 Private Messages beebles

Never mind

GlennJames

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GlennJames
lepooner38 wrote:Even using the same google play account??

Yes.

stingray761

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stingray761

Anyone know if the slingbox is linux compatible? I see that it is Mac compatible, close, but what about linux? We are a small community...we have almost reached 1% of the world wide population. Ok, 20% including Mac.

beebles

quality posts: 1 Private Messages beebles
stingray761 wrote:Anyone know if the slingbox is linux compatible? I see that it is Mac compatible, close, but what about linux? We are a small community...we have almost reached 1% of the world wide population. Ok, 20% including Mac.

http://www.nerdalerts.net/how-to-watch-your-slingbox-on-a-linux-based-system/

makoti

quality posts: 1 Private Messages makoti
worldofjohnboy wrote:If you can't get CAT5/6 to the box, get a wireless bridge. They are a dime a dozen and solves your problem. I have one on my Blu-ray player and never had any issues.

Can you (or someone) suggest a bridge to use? Is there any special requirements? Nutshell question: What, exactly, am I looking for?

drthomasho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drthomasho

it worked...must have been a glitch :-(

ThunderThighs wrote:What's happening? I just tried it and it seemed to work. I had to add my state to the drop down and then click "Get a Plan".

drthomasho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drthomasho

I need the link to purchase the extended warranty from SquareTrade because I canceled the one I bought originally since I "forgot" to use a coupon code

drthomasho wrote:it worked...must have been a glitch :-(

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 168 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

drthomasho wrote:I need the link to purchase the extended warranty from SquareTrade because I canceled the one I bought originally since I "forgot" to use a coupon code

The link seems to have been taken down since the sale.

You can still goto SquareTrade.com and get warranty coverage on the item you purchased.