ThunderThighs


quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

yoggs wrote:Hard to tell, but does the bottom or foot of the bed also adjust?

To add to what the myCloud rep said, the pictures in the assembly manual for the adjustable frame (linked on each sale), has a good picture that shows more how it moves:




FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

seidal5


quality posts: 3 Private Messages seidal5
Moledazy wrote:We use a heated mattress pad in the winter. Is that still possible with the gel bed?



Yes, you can still use your heated mattress pad in the winter with the myCloud mattress.

-myCloud

jcliaotsi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jcliaotsi

Can anyone at least give a hint on the brand of the 12" Gel Queen mattress? Maybe what letter it starts with? I would love to own one but find it hard to make that big of a purchase without being able to read up on it and maybe try it out in a store first. I've found two online that sort-of match the description, but they're two different brands and neither exactly matches this one. If the manufacturer would like to drop a hint ;) I will buy one tomorrow!

PS: My coworker is very interested in it too, so helping me out could entice ANOTHER purchase!

Grizz88


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Grizz88

Thanks for the answer about fitting inside the Cal King frame.

Just want to confirm what size the mattress is. I thought the Twin XL was for a regular King.

thanks again for all the help





expickwickmoose


quality posts: 1 Private Messages expickwickmoose

How big is the box that the 11" King mattress comes in? I'm curious about how it will end up getting delivered to my apartment.

seidal5


quality posts: 3 Private Messages seidal5
jcliaotsi wrote:Can anyone at least give a hint on the brand of the 12" Gel Queen mattress? Maybe what letter it starts with? I would love to own one but find it hard to make that big of a purchase without being able to read up on it and maybe try it out in a store first. I've found two online that sort-of match the description, but they're two different brands and neither exactly matches this one. If the manufacturer would like to drop a hint ;) I will buy one tomorrow!

PS: My coworker is very interested in it too, so helping me out could entice ANOTHER purchase!



You Wooters are funny! myCloud is actually the brand and this is a brand launch via Woot. The product will hit the market mid-late August. There are similar products on the market, but none at this high of a quality level, shipped to your home, easy to assemble, at the price point Woot is offering. *The 10 year warranty doesn't hurt either!

Now I better see two more sales tomorrow...

-myCloud Guru

zfactor


quality posts: 11 Private Messages zfactor

why no gel king mattress?? i would have been in for one of those. i have owned open cell 3lb ones before from other brands set up EXACTLY like this 3",3",then x amount of base foam and they were decent but didnt hold up well. i know they were maybe a different brand but they look nearly identical inside wise from your pic. what i wanted was the gel queen but in a king size....

hasopt


quality posts: 3 Private Messages hasopt
hasopt wrote:How would you describe the firmness of the memory foam mattresses, specifically, the gel-topped queen mattress?



I'd still like to get an answer from the manufacturer for this. Are the two queen mattresses soft, medium or firm?

jcliaotsi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jcliaotsi
seidal5 wrote:You Wooters are funny! myCloud is actually the brand and this is a brand launch via Woot. The product will hit the market mid-late August. There are similar products on the market, but none at this high of a quality level, shipped to your home, easy to assemble, at the price point Woot is offering. *The 10 year warranty doesn't hurt either!

Now I better see two more sales tomorrow...

-myCloud Guru



Ah I was confused by the fact that some were branded and some weren't. Good enough for me, I just didn't want a mystery mattress. One sale on the way, I'll tell my coworker to get cracking.

teelily


quality posts: 0 Private Messages teelily

TO MFG: Will foam wear down in spots? Specifically the rear end area? I have spoken to folks who state that memory foam seems to remember the butt pretty well after a few years and one side of the bed is dented in that area.

On the CAL KING can each side be adjusted independent of each other? Or does both sides move as one when you are adjusting?

Also what if someone is 275 pounds, such is my 6'8" hubby. I was reading in the owners manual that there is a 500 pound weight limit. So between hubby, me, our two great danes (one of which is 190 pound dog)we can't all be on the bed together?

P.S. does CAl KING have the cooling GEL? we both want an ergo bed but have obvious concerns

soape1985


quality posts: 0 Private Messages soape1985

Well I bit the bullet. Bought the 12 inch gel queen. I'll keep y'all posted. Cross your fingers. Anyone have any wisdom on matteres protectors? This will be my first memory foam mattress. I'm pretty effin excited.

Grizz88


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Grizz88

seidal5 -

Just trying to confirm the mattress sizes for the cal king. (sheets, etc)

I am ready to order if you can help.

Thanks

AVspec


quality posts: 6 Private Messages AVspec
AVspec wrote:Thinking about one of the Queen mattress but not sure what the difference is between the myCloud BD1050 10'' Memory Foam Mattress - Queen and the 12" Gel Memory Foam Mattress - Queen which is thicker but cheaper?

Queen Dimensions: W 60" x D 80" x H 10"
Foam Density:
3" Eco Conscious Memory Foam ~ 3.4 Pound Density
7" High Density Poly Foam Support Base ~ 2 Pound Density


Queen: 79.5" x 59" x 12"
Top Mattress Layer: 3" Open Cell Memory Foam
Middle Mattress Layer: 2" Air Channel Foam
Bottom Mattress Layer: 7" Supportive Base Foam



Any info at all you can share on the difference between the the two at all seidal5????

cdbmoore


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cdbmoore

I'm considering downsizing to a Full to save space. I only see one full selection and it isn't adjustable. Do they make adjustable full sized memory foam beds from this manufacturer or others? I was also considering some kind of underbed storage...would that only work under a non-adjustable bed? Just started looking and any info would be appreciated!

cruzinstephie


quality posts: 1 Private Messages cruzinstephie
cruzinstephie wrote:Question for manufacturer:

If I already have a king size adjustable bed that is split and takes twinXL sheets, can I buy two of these to replace my mattresses: http://www.woot.com/offers/mycloud-10-memory-foam-mattress-twin-xl

Also, are your mattresses flippable? That's my problem now. My bed is only 5 years old and the mattresses are like hammocks at this point. (They are memory foam, but are designed to be flipped.)

TIA...



Asked this question 2 days ago and still no response. Would appreciate some input please.

alabamalimabeans


quality posts: 0 Private Messages alabamalimabeans
skispeakeasy wrote:Anyone out there with a memory foam mattress know if there is there any noticeable difference between a 14" king and an 11" king?



I would also like to know the answer to this question. I tried Googling it, but the best that I found was that maybe it supports heavier people better... or maybe it's just an elevation preference?

Misty3


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Misty3

A King is 76 x 80, a Cal King is 72 x 84. Two twin XL make up a regular King (38 x 80)

Grizz88 wrote:Thanks for the answer about fitting inside the Cal King frame.

Just want to confirm what size the mattress is. I thought the Twin XL was for a regular King.

thanks again for all the help



TOats99377


quality posts: 0 Private Messages TOats99377

Is the Queen adjustable mattress firm?

cousineaud


quality posts: 38 Private Messages cousineaud

Medium firmness would best describe the gel 12" mattress

hasopt wrote:I'd still like to get an answer from the manufacturer for this. Are the two queen mattresses soft, medium or firm?



ZidaKano


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ZidaKano

So, I am thinking there is some confusion here - not all these beds in this side deal are from myCloud, correct? Only the ones the say myCloud in the description? And all the others are just another generic memory foam mattress that Woot! may or may not have sold before?

1) I am liking the look of the myCloud beds, but I am pretty miffed it's not coming with those pillows, and/or that the pillows aren't offered.

2)While the [12" Gel Memory Foam Mattress - Queen] is an unnamed brand and it's outside doesn't look quite as snazzy as the myCloud, I am getting an extra 2" (the "air channeling" layer) that the [myCloud BD1050 10'' Memory Foam Mattress - Queen] doesn't have. And I don't know about everyone else, but that picture of the cut-out section showing off the layers is really important to me. That 3" of blue gel looks delicious and awesome. I almost want to eat it (with my sleep?).

3)I want to see a cut-out of what's inside a myCloud mattress. What are you hiding in there? show me! I have to know before I'll give up 2" and an extra $30!

bpr2


quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

Are the mattresses murphy bed compatible?

that was fun while it lasted!

Grizz88


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Grizz88

Thanks, I understood that. I was talking about the Cal King listed here. It has the correct dimensions listed, ie 72" W x 84" D x 22" H.

But it says that in the box there is: (1) myCloud BD1960 Adjustable Split Cal King Bed and Two 10" Memory Foam Twin XL Mattresses.

Trying to confirm what is correct before I order.

Thanks again





Misty3 wrote:A King is 76 x 80, a Cal King is 72 x 84. Two twin XL make up a regular King (38 x 80)
[Quote postid="5517310" user="Grizz88"]Thanks for the answer about fitting inside the Cal King frame.

Just want to confirm what size the mattress is. I thought the Twin XL was for a regular King.

thanks again for all the help

[/quote]

rhycochet


quality posts: 16 Private Messages rhycochet
wesmiao wrote:3 lb memory foam... I'm out. The guy who works for Icloud is full of it. 3-5 lbs is high quality... um first of all anything less than 3 lb memory foam is like sitting on a cheap sofa from Walmart. Not appropriate for a bed... or unless you weight 50 lbs. I would say it needs to be at least 4 lb or more. Tempurpedic is 5 lb memory foam just for reference. You get what you pay for here, not a deal at all.



the guy did say though, that the most comfortable density is the best density. that is true, because you can buy a 5lb-dense foam and feel like you're sleeping on sheetrock, or you can buy a 3lb-dense foam and feel like you're sleeping on a cloud.

this is completely based on your weight distribution as a person, and most likely your body temperature throughout the night.

i will tell you from experience that as a 145lb~ guy (an inch short of 6' tall) i cannot fathom sleeping at all on the 5lb-dense foams. namely, me and some, uh...larger friends went mattress shopping and came across a tempurpedic. i saw my two friends hop onto the bed and they just sank in, and told me how ridiculously comfortable it was.

naturally, i did the same. it felt like i jumped onto a very thinly padded plank at first and actually hurt a bit...and as i laid there, i gradually made an impression on the foam but never fully sank in.

this was on a 5lb-dense foam btw, i forgot what tempurpedic names those. i found another brand that used a combination of 3lb and 4lb-dense foams (bi-layered) really comfortable...and went with that instead.

the100acrewood


quality posts: 0 Private Messages the100acrewood

I currently own a Tempurpedic Cloud Supreme mattress and their adjustable bed (called Ergo). I have been looking to replace my mattress (sadly, it cost me almost 2 grand 3 years ago) because I have fibromyalgia and, while comfortable, I find it difficult to get up from because of the way you sink deeply into it. Does the gel help at all to make the mattress more substantial in that aspect?

seidal5


quality posts: 3 Private Messages seidal5
hasopt wrote:I'd still like to get an answer from the manufacturer for this. Are the two queen mattresses soft, medium or firm?



The 3-5 lb density is ideal for most sleepers, when it comes to the firmness of the mattress. When varying mattress densities are side by side, in a blind test, the 3lb mattress is chosen more than the lower density mattresses and the 4-5lb density mattresses.

Hope that helps!

-myCloud

seidal5


quality posts: 3 Private Messages seidal5
the100acrewood wrote:I currently own a Tempurpedic Cloud Supreme mattress and their adjustable bed (called Ergo). I have been looking to replace my mattress (sadly, it cost me almost 2 grand 3 years ago) because I have fibromyalgia and, while comfortable, I find it difficult to get up from because of the way you sink deeply into it. Does the gel help at all to make the mattress more substantial in that aspect?



The gel layer in our myCloud mattresses has not been proven to ease getting up from the mattress, though it does allow for a cooler sleep. The adjustable bed should help with getting out of bed with more ease though, allowing you to go from laying down to sitting and then standing.

Hope that answers your question!

-myCloud Team

seidal5


quality posts: 3 Private Messages seidal5
ZidaKano wrote:So, I am thinking there is some confusion here - not all these beds in this side deal are from myCloud, correct? Only the ones the say myCloud in the description? And all the others are just another generic memory foam mattress that Woot! may or may not have sold before?

1) I am liking the look of the myCloud beds, but I am pretty miffed it's not coming with those pillows, and/or that the pillows aren't offered.

2)While the [12" Gel Memory Foam Mattress - Queen] is an unnamed brand and it's outside doesn't look quite as snazzy as the myCloud, I am getting an extra 2" (the "air channeling" layer) that the [myCloud BD1050 10'' Memory Foam Mattress - Queen] doesn't have. And I don't know about everyone else, but that picture of the cut-out section showing off the layers is really important to me. That 3" of blue gel looks delicious and awesome. I almost want to eat it (with my sleep?).

3)I want to see a cut-out of what's inside a myCloud mattress. What are you hiding in there? show me! I have to know before I'll give up 2" and an extra $30!



Hi,

Here to help.

1. You are correct, not all of these mattresses are myCloud

2. Please refrain from eating the gel!

3. I have a cut out image, but am not sure how to post it. I'll work on it for you... Stay tuned.

-myCloud


[MOD: Added image]


skispeakeasy


quality posts: 31 Private Messages skispeakeasy
seidal5 wrote:Hi,

Here to help.

1. You are correct, not all of these mattresses are myCloud

2. Please refrain from eating the gel!

3. I have a cut out image, but am not sure how to post it. I'll work on it for you... Stay tuned.

-myCloud


[MOD: Added image]



Thanks for the info! Any clue who does make those other mattresses?


Done and done! ;)

cousineaud


quality posts: 38 Private Messages cousineaud

Yes, you are able to use a heated mattress pad with this mattress.

Moledazy wrote:We use a heated mattress pad in the winter. Is that still possible with the gel bed?



cousineaud


quality posts: 38 Private Messages cousineaud

The delivered box size would be 23" x 18" x 40". Opening instructions are included in the box.

expickwickmoose wrote:How big is the box that the 11" King mattress comes in? I'm curious about how it will end up getting delivered to my apartment.



teelily


quality posts: 0 Private Messages teelily
teelily wrote:TO MFG: Will foam wear down in spots? Specifically the rear end area? I have spoken to folks who state that memory foam seems to remember the butt pretty well after a few years and one side of the bed is dented in that area.

On the CAL KING can each side be adjusted independent of each other? Or does both sides move as one when you are adjusting?

Also what if someone is 275 pounds, such is my 6'8" hubby. I was reading in the owners manual that there is a 500 pound weight limit. So between hubby, me, our two great danes (one of which is 190 pound dog)we can't all be on the bed together?

P.S. does CAl KING have the cooling GEL? we both want an ergo bed but have obvious concerns



Guessing you don't want to sell this CA KING bed or maybe have something to hide??? Third time I posted this question, what's the deal, or is not a deal?

seidal5


quality posts: 3 Private Messages seidal5
teelily wrote:Guessing you don't want to sell this CA KING bed or maybe have something to hide??? Third time I posted this question, what's the deal, or is not a deal?



Sorry about the delay in getting to some of these questions!

Yes, all of our myCloud mattresses have a cooling gel layer, even the California King. And yes, the Cal King is split, so spouses can adjust their sides individually if they choose to do so!

Not to worry, the myCloud memory foam is durable and won't get "spotty". We even offer a 10 year warranty!

*I'll checking on the weight limit

-myCloud

seidal5


quality posts: 3 Private Messages seidal5
cruzinstephie wrote:Question for manufacturer:

If I already have a king size adjustable bed that is split and takes twinXL sheets, can I buy two of these to replace my mattresses: http://www.woot.com/offers/mycloud-10-memory-foam-mattress-twin-xl

Also, are your mattresses flippable? That's my problem now. My bed is only 5 years old and the mattresses are like hammocks at this point. (They are memory foam, but are designed to be flipped.)

TIA...



Yes, two replacement Twin XL mattresses can replace the ones you have now. All Twin XL mattresses sold in the USA are the same length and width. Our mattress, with a 10 inch loft fits standard Twin XL sheets. Our mattress is not “flippable” but some do choose to rotate, though that is not required to maintain the ten year warranty.

-myCloud

seidal5


quality posts: 3 Private Messages seidal5
bpr2 wrote:Are the mattresses murphy bed compatible?



Hi,

This is a ten inch mattress – meaning the “loft” of the mattress is ten inches. Some Murphy beds allow for up to a 14” mattress to be inserted into the bed, without having problems in closing the unit. Unfortunately, you will need to either measure the allowable “loft” or refer to their instruction manual. Most likely it will work, but can't guarantee that it will.

-myCloud

jhues789


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jhues789

I am also looking at the CA King. in the spec's it states
• The Cal King bed features a "Y" sync connector cable that allows each Twin XL mattress to work together or separately if desired


teelily wrote:Guessing you don't want to sell this CA KING bed or maybe have something to hide??? Third time I posted this question, what's the deal, or is not a deal?


ThunderThighs


quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

skispeakeasy wrote:Thanks for the info! Any clue who does make those other mattresses?


Sometimes we can't give out the manufacturer's name because their other retail channels get mad at them over the prices. Our buyers work to get you the best price possible. Sorry, but no name.

Think of it as "Famous Maker".



FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

seidal5


quality posts: 3 Private Messages seidal5
seidal5 wrote:Sorry about the delay in getting to some of these questions!

Yes, all of our myCloud mattresses have a cooling gel layer, even the California King. And yes, the Cal King is split, so spouses can adjust their sides individually if they choose to do so!

Not to worry, the myCloud memory foam is durable and won't get "spotty". We even offer a 10 year warranty!

*I'll checking on the weight limit

-myCloud




Here is some weight limit information for you:

The Twin XL’s is 500 pounds per side when making a King adjustable bed. Though it is our recommendation not to exceed 500 pounds, the motors have actually passed rigid stress tests to 600 pounds each. The six legs on each side provide more than ample support for the 500 pound limit as well.

And a nice visual that I found useful to show the different weight categories and comfort levels based on our 10" mattress.

http://www.sleeplikethedead.com/mattress-heavy-people.html

-myCloud

johnsonsnest


quality posts: 1 Private Messages johnsonsnest

Help...really want 12" gel Queen, has anyone slept on theirs yet.
have one purchased from wally world several yrs ago.all i was able to afford at time, but they have to be flipped.
Ready for upgrade.

Grizz88


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Grizz88

Still trying to confirm what size mattress are the 2 Cal King.

Regualr King split use 2 TWIN XL that are 36x80, but that would make them to wide and short for a
Cal King.

It states that the Cal King box has: (1) myCloud BD1960 Adjustable Split Cal King Bed and Two 10" Memory Foam Twin XL Mattresses.

Sorry really want to order but trying to make sure.

AVspec


quality posts: 6 Private Messages AVspec

Anyone figure out who manufactures the non-Mycloud mattresses? I am also wanting to buy the 12 Gel Queen but would like to try and get more information on it.