Otis226

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Otis226

Can't speak for every Vizio refurb that's shipped, but the 32" internet ready set I got on Woot a couple of months ago is the best TV we've ever owned, by far. Clarity, ease of use and fast connection to Pandora and Netflix.

tanios

quality posts: 12 Private Messages tanios

In for the 47"

Can anyone recommend any particular mount for such a TV? I know it's 400x400 but as there's practically a ton of different mounts out there, maybe someone can recommend a decent one or else specific features to look for?

pasexton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pasexton
bluegecko90 wrote:Has woot learned how to package big TVs properly? Because I don't want another busted screen, and I'm sure the others who were delivered broken merch on the other recent Vizio TV deal feel the same way.

Exactly, I have the same concern. Purchased a 50" TV 2 weeks ago. FedEx left it at my front door in plain site for stealing. Second, there was nothing on that said, "Handle with Care" or "Fragile". Opened up the box and the screen was busted. Returning it was easy enough but still a huge disappointment. I suggest you put "Fragile" or "Handle with Care - Glass" on it so the delivery people are more careful with it. Thanks!

herriga

quality posts: 6 Private Messages herriga

We have had our 60" (not available here) since Thanksgiving 2012. We paid $600 brand new. Granted we stood in line for 2 hours after dinner to get it. It was worth the purchase, but only because we only paid $600 for a brand new 60" LED.

bluegecko90

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bluegecko90
PemberDucky wrote:not sure if you sincerely want this to be addressed or it's just a bit of snark, but i suppose i'll use this as an opportunity to put on the ol' Moderator hat & say that sometimes, despite our best efforts, items do get broken in shipment.
this can also occur with items that are drop-shipped from our vendors.

it is not common (at all), although i realize that's not particularly consoling when it's YOUR television (or whatever) that's broken.

what i can tell you for certain is that you should email Support@Woot.com if there's ever a problem, and they'll guide you to a resolution.
sometimes a little patience is required, but we'll make it happen.

i hope this helps.

Blargh, I'm sorry. It was unnecessary snark. Woot support was fantastic and issued a full refund and I didn't have to pay return shipping either (contrary to Woot's posted policies).

I'm actually going to go ahead and jump on this deal (47" is aaaalmost 50" haha), hope I didn't tarnish anyone else's potential purchase!

haveabigjohnson

quality posts: 10 Private Messages haveabigjohnson
tanios wrote:In for the 47"

Can anyone recommend any particular mount for such a TV? I know it's 400x400 but as there's practically a ton of different mounts out there, maybe someone can recommend a decent one or else specific features to look for?

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10828&cs_id=1082806&p_id=5919&seq=1&format=2

I have a similar model to the one you just purchased. This is the mount I used. I am very happy with it. This mount has a high degree of tilt, it swivels and pulls out. If you don't need all of that then you could get a cheaper one on Monoprice. I like to be able to pull out the TV to get behind it if you need to access cables an such.

billywantone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages billywantone
PemberDucky wrote:not sure if you sincerely want this to be addressed or it's just a bit of snark, but i suppose i'll use this as an opportunity to put on the ol' Moderator hat & say that sometimes, despite our best efforts, items do get broken in shipment.
this can also occur with items that are drop-shipped from our vendors.

it is not common (at all), although i realize that's not particularly consoling when it's YOUR television (or whatever) that's broken.

what i can tell you for certain is that you should email Support@Woot.com if there's ever a problem, and they'll guide you to a resolution.
sometimes a little patience is required, but we'll make it happen.

i hope this helps.

billywantone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages billywantone
billywantone wrote:

REALLY?, I've had items shipped with packing on top none on the bottom, items damaged, response send it back...OH THAT HELPS...

Or items shipped minus the original packaging to make it fit....useless for gifts....NO REPSPONSE....

WOOT shipping department SUCKS period...

rbrooks888

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rbrooks888

I heartily disagree. Check out the comments on the previous offer. Looks like several problems with broken screens on the Vizio TV deal...

http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5506311&pageindex=2&replycount=70#post5511720

robopie

quality posts: 5 Private Messages robopie

How much was the 70" TV?

edit: 1299.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

rbrooks888 wrote:I heartily disagree. Check out the comments on the previous offer. Looks like several problems with broken screens on the Vizio TV deal...

http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5506311&pageindex=2&replycount=70#post5511720

do keep in mind that it's woefully uncommon for hundreds of unaffected customers to pop in post-purchase and write, "everything arrived fine. i am watching my television now and enjoying a sensible dinner with my family."

it is significantly more common for folks to post when they've encountered an issue. what you see is a smattering of a larger group.

this is not to trivialize customers impacted by such matters. it's merely a statistical tidbit to consider.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

PemberDucky

Staff

billywantone wrote:REALLY?, I've had items shipped with packing on top none on the bottom, items damaged, response send it back...OH THAT HELPS...

Or items shipped minus the original packaging to make it fit....useless for gifts....NO REPSPONSE....

WOOT shipping department SUCKS period...

i apologize for your frustrating experience. i'm unsure whether you're citing a specific incident regarding a vizio television (the current product being offered), or if you're discussing another item (in which case, there are other appropriate threads to have that addressed).

in any event, you should receive responses from us, even if it's an automated reply assigning a case number. sometimes it takes a little more turnaround time than we'd all like it to, but you should always get a response and a resolution.
be sure to check your junkmail/spam folder; sometimes our messages land there.

one last point of clarification: we don't always ship items. orders are also drop-shipped directly by our vendors, and that means they're the ones to do the packing.

we've had a few unfortunate occasions where packing has proven unsuitable for items, leading to damaged goods. in those events, our buyers work with vendors to evaluate and improve their packing & shipping procedures to avoid subsequent incidents.

i hope this helps, and again, i'm sorry you've had a frustrating time. it's certainly not what we want for our customers.

PemberDucky

Staff

bluegecko90 wrote:Blargh, I'm sorry. It was unnecessary snark. Woot support was fantastic and issued a full refund and I didn't have to pay return shipping either (contrary to Woot's posted policies).

I'm actually going to go ahead and jump on this deal (47" is aaaalmost 50" haha), hope I didn't tarnish anyone else's potential purchase!

hooray! thanks for giving us another chance.

gdculbert

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gdculbert

I don't know. Your looking at $125 discount for a refurbished TV... ?????

msgross

quality posts: 0 Private Messages msgross

I bought my mount at monoprice.com...

Cost $15 and is very very sturdy, yes $15!

tanios wrote:In for the 47"

boydj170

quality posts: 0 Private Messages boydj170

I purchased the 50" VIZIO Smart LED in July. It only took 6 days for my order to arrive. I ordered early Sunday morning and the TV was at my door step Saturday afternoon. For $5.00 delivery, who can beat that!!

Also, I have read a ton of comments concerning the quality of the TV upon arrival. Guess what folks, my TV was in mint condition. Not one scratch, dent or marking on the set. The TV was packaged beautifully. Like many, I was a bit apprehensive as a first time-buyer on Woot-- to purchase a refurb TV over the internet for $469 (most other retailers, including Amazon, started at $679), but I must say, this was the smartest purchase I have ever made. Sure it only comes with a 90-Day Warranty, but life is about taking risks. I am sure glad I did!!

I am now a Wooter for life!!!

stacyluu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stacyluu

Nice & good tv. keep up the good work woot. will referred to friends. brought a lot of items from woot before.

obisbo99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages obisbo99

I bought the 47" and it showed up in great shape. So far I love it.

inelegy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages inelegy

I got the 42". It arrived today, well packed in a Vizio factory box. Looks like new and appears to work perfectly.

Thanks woot!

stephybee77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stephybee77

Has anyone had issues with the sound? I ordered this and got it over the weekend. I set it up on Monday and there is just this obnoxious high pitched sound coming from the set when I try to do anything that requires sound. I messed with all the settings and even turned off the speakers and it STILL makes the sound. It even goes on for a few seconds after shutting off the tv.

I'm quite disappointed considering return shipping is going to cost me $70 when for an extra $30 on top of the price I already paid, I could have gotten a new one with no issues. I've emailed Woot and I'm waiting for a response now.

Aside from the sound issues, the tv is freaking amazing. It arrived in mint condition with only a couple scratches on the remote. The picture quality is superb.

esteinbg

quality posts: 2 Private Messages esteinbg

This TV is awesome been watching it almost daily since August and it has a great picture and sound. I'm not very picky but love it.

Wooting since 4/3/2006

Stevey5036

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Stevey5036

Just had the 47" die on me. Used it for maybe less than ten hours and now it makes a horrible flickering sound when I attempt to turn it on. Vizio won't cover it and Woot won't return any of my emails. Last time I buy from here!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Stevey5036 wrote:Just had the 47" die on me. Used it for maybe less than ten hours and now it makes a horrible flickering sound when I attempt to turn it on. Vizio won't cover it and Woot won't return any of my emails. Last time I buy from here!

I'm sorry for the problems with your TV. Unfortunately, you are outside the warranty period. I'll let CS know that you would like a response but I'm afraid the message will be the same.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders