Jaxidian

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Jaxidian

@Arin: The QP9W PWRBAR listing still says both "Speaker Bar" and "Sound Bar". You might really want to have the Woot people get that fixed so people don't buy it under the wrong expectations.

EDIT Very strange and unrelated. If I type in: Q, P (no space or comma)
... then it gets changed to the phrase "Double Rainbow".
Ex: QP9W is fine
Ex: Double Rainbow 9W is messed up

Jaxidian

FYI for anybody considering the Samsung HW-E450CC 40" Bluetooth AudioBar with Wireless Subwoofer:

Check out the recent comments (past 24-48 hours) on the last time this product was sold. Not saying you'll have a problem, but you should read those comments.

MykalB

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MykalB

Hi, Arin. I just purchased the PBAR 6200 last week (awaiting its arrival.) What are my options for adding a sub-woofer?

blipper67

quality posts: 7 Private Messages blipper67
pinnaclespeakers wrote:I see you asked about drive alignment. Each channel uses dual 3" woofers and a tweeter.

Are the cabinets ported?

Arin, due to the law of physics, the fact that a bass driver is nothing more than a motor moving air, there is no such thing as a "3" woofer" or the often abused term (hype) "subwoofer" used by many manufacturers these days....the latter handling frequencies below say....40Hz. Being a speaker builder and audiophile for 30+ years, I find the misrepresentation disgusting.

I see where you're calling the 1.75" drivers in your PBAR 6200 powerbar, "woofers". A driver of that size is usually relegated to a tweeter that might get below below 1KHz if you're lucky. Your engineers have it rated to output down to 125Hz. Show me the magic! I've spec'd out hundreds of drivers over the years and there's not ONE reputable company that can claim that a 1.75" driver will output anything of value below say.....1KHz.

Yeah, I'd like to know how your engineers are beating the law of physics. I don't see a port in your soundbar that might enhance what little bass you're magically able to squeeze out of a 3" driver.

All I'm looking for is an inexpensive powered soundbar for a bedroom TV so we don't have to listen to some crappy TV speakers.

Also, the "Energy Power Bar One" DID have a learning remote but would not pair with my TV remote, reason why I returned it.

Thanks again.....

blipper67

Jaxidian wrote:FYI for anybody considering the Samsung HW-E450CC 40" Bluetooth AudioBar with Wireless Subwoofer:

Check out the recent comments (past 24-48 hours) on the last time this product was sold. Not saying you'll have a problem, but you should read those comments.

Pig and a poke. I've had great luck with Woot in the past but this does not speak well about them at all. Folks, you really need to read those comments. Samsung denying any warrantee on refurbished items? Cord cut off? Cabinets beat up?

That new Sony HTCT260 soundbar from Amazon is looking better and better. Amazon's service and return policy is second to none.

blipper67

MykalB wrote:Hi, Arin. I just purchased the PBAR 6200 last week (awaiting its arrival.) What are my options for adding a sub-woofer?

None. There is no sub out jack.

I'd like to know how your purchase goes.

pinnaclespeakers

quality posts: 88 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers
MykalB wrote:Hi, Arin. I just purchased the PBAR 6200 last week (awaiting its arrival.) What are my options for adding a sub-woofer?

Hi, I do not think you can add a subwoofer to the FRONTROWPBAR6200. The WIRELESS SUBWOOFER in FRONTROWSYS8210 is paired to the BAR6200, but the that is sold as the package. QP9W PWRBR can accept a separate Powered Subwoofer. If you want a subwoofer you would need to purchase either FRONTROWSY8210 that comes with a subwoofer, or QP9W POWERBAR version. If you now purchase either f those 2 items, write to me and I will arrange a return to Pinnacle on FRONTROWPBAR6200 and Pinnacle will send you a refund. Write to INFO@PINNACLESPEAKERS.com and ask for me and I will respond on my own E-mail account.

pinnaclespeakers

blipper67 wrote:Are the cabinets ported?

Arin, due to the law of physics, the fact that a bass driver is nothing more than a motor moving air, there is no such thing as a "3" woofer" or the often abused term (hype) "subwoofer" used by many manufacturers these days....the latter handling frequencies below say....40Hz. Being a speaker builder and audiophile for 30+ years, I find the misrepresentation disgusting.

I see where you're calling the 1.75" drivers in your PBAR 6200 powerbar, "woofers". A driver of that size is usually relegated to a tweeter that might get below below 1KHz if you're lucky. Your engineers have it rated to output down to 125Hz. Show me the magic! I've spec'd out hundreds of drivers over the years and there's not ONE reputable company that can claim that a 1.75" driver will output anything of value below say.....1KHz.

Yeah, I'd like to know how your engineers are beating the law of physics. I don't see a port in your soundbar that might enhance what little bass you're magically able to squeeze out of a 3" driver.

All I'm looking for is an inexpensive powered soundbar for a bedroom TV so we don't have to listen to some crappy TV speakers.

Also, the "Energy Power Bar One" DID have a learning remote but would not pair with my TV remote, reason why I returned it.

Thanks again.....

Hi, I was referring to our QP9W POWERBAR which uses 3" bass or midbass drivers. FORNTROWPBAR6200 uses an array of 8 1.75" drivers. You are correct, it's low end output is about 125HZ and "THE MAGIC" is always in the performance, not the specs. I can find out what the SPL is at 125 Hz which may be minimal. The POWERBAR that is our best bar is QP9W POWERBAR.

In the end the proof is in the listening. Based on what you have said about your own experience and knowledge, our highest end products would most likely be appropriate for you. In the realm of SOUNBAR, that is QP9WPWRBR.

pinnaclespeakers

Jaxidian wrote:@Arin: The QP9W PWRBAR listing still says both "Speaker Bar" and "Sound Bar". You might really want to have the Woot people get that fixed so people don't buy it under the wrong expectations.

EDIT Very strange and unrelated. If I type in: Q, P (no space or comma)
... then it gets changed to the phrase "Double Rainbow".
Ex: QP9W is fine
Ex: Double Rainbow 9W is messed up

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We are working on updating some of the information.

pinnaclespeakers

"All I'm looking for is an inexpensive powered soundbar for a bedroom TV so we don't have to listen to some crappy TV speakers"

From our line up and having gained some insight about your expectations of products and overall knowledge and experience, we think you would be very satisfied with QP9W PWRBR version. We think you will be pleasantly surprised. Then you can always add a sub separately for bass. We do not think FRONTRPWPBAR6200 would meet your requirements, though it is substantially better than the "Acoustically Challenged" flat screen TV sound.

blipper67

pinnaclespeakers wrote:Hi, I was referring to our QP9W POWERBAR which uses 3" bass or midbass drivers.

And so did I.

Again, are the cabinets ported?

pinnaclespeakers

blipper67 wrote:And so did I.

Again, are the cabinets ported?

No, it I sealed.

pinnaclespeakers

blipper67 wrote:Pig and a poke. I've had great luck with Woot in the past but this does not speak well about them at all. Folks, you really need to read those comments. Samsung denying any warrantee on refurbished items? Cord cut off? Cabinets beat up?

That new Sony HTCT260 soundbar from Amazon is looking better and better. Amazon's service and return policy is second to none.

We think our FRONTROWSYS8210 is a far better choice, and $50 less. We searched high and low for any specs on the Sony Bar particularly frequency response that you have had a lot of interest in as it relates to Pinnacle products, yet we cannot find a single spec on the SONY SOUNDBAR frequency response.

http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&searchType=search&storeId=10151&catalogId=10551&productId=8198552921666591665&acdrop=1#specifications

Curious you may be interested in an item that has no published specs and no possible personal interaction from the company itself being available to assist in many of your questions/concerns. As we said, we believe if anyone is considering the above SONY item, take a serious look at our FRONTROWSYS8210.

pinnaclespeakers

[quote postid="5550584" user="pinnaclespeakers"]Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We are working on updating some of the information.[/qu

Hi, we will fix the description of QP9W PWRBR to clarify it is a SOUNDBAR. (no receiver needed) As to the other item you mention we are not aware of what that is.

Jaxidian

pinnaclespeakers wrote:
As to the other item you mention we are not aware of what that is.

I was just pointing out a peculiarity of the forum software. It replaces "QP" with "Double Rainbow". As I said, it's unrelated. ;-)

rjbaron

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rjbaron

Hello, Arin...

Home audio novice here who is looking to upgrade from the TV speakers. Can you please explain (in layman's terms) the difference between the FRONT ROW SYS 8210 and the Q,P 9W PWRBAR? If the TV sits in a relatively small room now...would one be better suited than the other? Or perhaps there is a better choice?

A preemptive 'thanks' for the guidance.

gauthamsv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gauthamsv

I ordered the Samsung soundbar and received it couple of days back. The wireless subwoofer connects seamlessly. The bluetooth works well and the overall sound effect is very crisp. The same soundbar is $268 @ Sams. For 149 this one is a good buy and the packaging was excellent.

pinnaclespeakers

rjbaron wrote:Hello, Arin...

Home audio novice here who is looking to upgrade from the TV speakers. Can you please explain (in layman's terms) the difference between the FRONT ROW SYS 8210 and the Q,P 9W PWRBAR? If the TV sits in a relatively small room now...would one be better suited than the other? Or perhaps there is a better choice?

A preemptive 'thanks' for the guidance.

Hi, Thank you for the good question. Both items have SOUNDBARS, meaning the speaker has it's own amplifier so it does not need speaker wires or an audio receiver for hook-up. Hook-up is a snap with 1 cable connected to the TV (we include the cable) The SOUNDBAR QP9W PWRBR is our best SOUNDBAR. If you plan to listen to music and movies, I think a combination of QP9PWRBAR + a BABY BOOMER Powered Subwoofer is the best choice. But,cost is $280 more to add the Subwoofer.

FRONT ROW System 8210 already includes a SOUNDBAR + a powered subwoofer. Considering you are not using this in a large room, I think the System FRONTROW8210 is sufficient. But, I will qualify that if you want the best sonic performance from Pinnacle and if you think Music listening is part of what you will use the system for, than the QP9W PWRBAR + a BABY BOOMER Powered subwoofer is best.

The SOUNDBAR concept is a relatively new product category designed to replace the virtually non-existent sound from today's flat screen TV's. As the TV's have become so thin, they have removed virtually all acoustic or Hi Fidelity sound. Thus the trade off for stunning picture quality from 1-2" deep screens.

As a dedicated speaker company our SOUNDBARS are considerably better than what you would ever have gotten sonically from any TV sound.

RECAP:

Music listening and movies and our top of the line:
QP9W PWRBAR + a BABY BOOMER, cost $529.98 for $1900+ of sound superior high fidelity sound quality

Mostly movies in the small room:
FRONTROWSYS8210: Only $249.99 on Woot Exclusive Promo.

PS, if you I can haz? a subwoofer or have no room for it, than we recommend QP9W PWRBR as the best choice in SOUNDBAR

blipper67

pinnaclespeakers wrote:Hi, Thank you for the good question. Both items have SOUNDBARS, meaning the speaker has it's own amplifier so it does not need speaker wires or an audio receiver for hook-up. Hook-up is a snap with 1 cable connected to the TV (we include the cable) The SOUNDBAR QP9W PWRBR is our best SOUNDBAR. If you plan to listen to music and movies, I think a combination of QP9PWRBAR + a BABY BOOMER Powered Subwoofer is the best choice. But,cost is $280 more to add the Subwoofer.

FRONT ROW System 8210 already includes a SOUNDBAR + a powered subwoofer. Considering you are not using this in a large room, I think the System FRONTROW8210 is sufficient. But, I will qualify that if you want the best sonic performance from Pinnacle and if you think Music listening is part of what you will use the system for, than the QP9W PWRBAR + a BABY BOOMER Powered subwoofer is best.

The SOUNDBAR concept is a relatively new product category designed to replace the virtually non-existent sound from today's flat screen TV's. As the TV's have become so thin, they have removed virtually all acoustic or Hi Fidelity sound. Thus the trade off for stunning picture quality from 1-2" deep screens.

As a dedicated speaker company our SOUNDBARS are considerably better than what you would ever have gotten sonically from any TV sound.

RECAP:

QP9W PWRBAR + a BABY BOOMER, cost $529.98 for $1900+ of sound superior high fidelity sound quality

PS, if you I can haz? a subwoofer or have no room for it, than we recommend QP9W PWRBR as the best choice in SOUNDBAR

What kind of crossover circuitry do you use on the drivers? If I had to guess, none. You're driving them full range which increases distortion and undue stress to the drivers.

As an example of how it's done, this is indeed the new game changer.
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1487290/pioneer-speaker-bar-possible-game-changer

Separate amps for all drivers, electronic crossovers. This is what good engineering and customer value is all about.

pinnaclespeakers

blipper67 wrote:What kind of crossover circuitry do you use on the drivers? If I had to guess, none. You're driving them full range which increases HM and IM distortion.

As an example of how it's done, this is indeed is the new game changer that will blow you guys out of the water.
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1487290/pioneer-speaker-bar-possible-game-changer

Separate amps for all drivers, electronic crossovers. This is what good engineering and customer value is all about.

Hi, we certainly do have crossovers built in or they are integrated into the amplifier. We are respected in the industry for superior engineering. Maybe you will try one of our products and see why we have become one of the most respected companies in the speaker industry. Yet it appears some of the Japanese products have your fancy.

rjbaron

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rjbaron
pinnaclespeakers wrote:Hi, Thank you for the good question. Both items have SOUNDBARS, meaning the speaker has it's own amplifier so it does not need speaker wires or an audio receiver for hook-up. Hook-up is a snap with 1 cable connected to the TV (we include the cable) The SOUNDBAR QP9W PWRBR is our best SOUNDBAR. If you plan to listen to music and movies, I think a combination of QP9PWRBAR + a BABY BOOMER Powered Subwoofer is the best choice. But,cost is $280 more to add the Subwoofer.

RECAP:

Thank you for the detailed response...I appreciate the explanation.

blipper67

pinnaclespeakers wrote: Yet it appears some of the Japanese products have your fancy.

Yes they do, and that's a good thing.

Other than political posturing favoring what you claim are American made products which may or may not be superior in design and value compared to Japanese electronics, what's your point Arin?

What do you define as a "crossover", an inductor? Most of your speakers crossovers roll off at a 6 dB slope which suggests the loudspeaker drivers will be producing sound at frequencies that are very likely outside their upper or lower limits. For what it's worth, my custom built system was built on 24 dB (4th order) slopes.

chaseg327

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chaseg327

Just wanted to weigh in on the Pinnacle speakers...I bought a pair of the 5-element floor-standers (S-FIT TWR 1050) in a previous Woot and they arrived very quickly and were well packaged. They have beautiful, high quality cabinets and look great in my living room (even my wife loves them and I was afraid she wouldn't be a fan of the larger speakers). They also sound exceptional! I'm using them as front channels and have been listening to them constantly over the past couple weeks since I've had them. Great detailed sound, with a full, rich soundstage. Pretty good bass on their own, but you'll probably still want a decent subwoofer. These are wonderful speakers; especially for the price they're being sold at here.

Also, Arin is extremely patient and helpful...he always makes himself available in the forum when Woot has a Pinnacle sale going and his advice and comments made my decision easier when I finally decided to click the buy button. Just wanted to throw Arin a kudos since he hasn't had the warmest reception on this particular sale

sbarlow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sbarlow

I have been through several Dale Carnegie and other related customer service classes in my life and still I do not believe I could have dealt with blipper talking to me like that. Arin I am buying one of your speaker sets right now. Also as someone who has performed professional audio installs in several venues I have to respond to the contractor comment earlier in the post. If you use a dumb/lazy contractor you will have a bad install. That's your fault for hiring them.

pieper53

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pieper53

Blippers67... You keep talking about your custom made speakers and pumping yourself up on this discussion board. Are your fancy, custom made speakers available on line? Are they <$300? Do they have a warranty? My guess is probably not. I own a few Pinnacle Speakers and really enjoy their sound. So much so I plan on buying more the next time I see what I'm looking for become available. Have you heard them before? My guess is probably not. Check them out before bashing. Or, better yet, tell me where I can buy your custom made speakers so I can check them out.

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

pieper53 wrote:Blippers67... You keep talking about your custom made speakers and pumping yourself up on this discussion board. Are your fancy, custom made speakers available on line? Are they <$300? Do they have a warranty? My guess is probably not. I own a few Pinnacle Speakers and really enjoy their sound. So much so I plan on buying more the next time I see what I'm looking for become available. Have you heard them before? My guess is probably not. Check them out before bashing. Or, better yet, tell me where I can buy your custom made speakers so I can check them out.

that was fun while it lasted!

pinnaclespeakers

sbarlow wrote:I have been through several Dale Carnegie and other related customer service classes in my life and still I do not believe I could have dealt with blipper talking to me like that. Arin I am buying one of your speaker sets right now. Also as someone who has performed professional audio installs in several venues I have to respond to the contractor comment earlier in the post. If you use a dumb/lazy contractor you will have a bad install. That's your fault for hiring them.

Enjoy your Speakers and thank you for the kind remarks. I appreciate them.

pinnaclespeakers

blipper67 wrote:Yes they do, and that's a good thing.

Other than political posturing favoring what you claim are American made products which may or may not be superior in design and value compared to Japanese electronics, what's your point Arin?

What do you define as a "crossover", an inductor? Most of your speakers crossovers roll off at a 6 dB slope which suggests the loudspeaker drivers will be producing sound at frequencies that are very likely outside their upper or lower limits. For what it's worth, my custom built system was built on 24 dB (4th order) slopes.

Well, here goes the real answer. Not sure you can handle it: It is common knowledge that the best speakers are from dedicated speaker companies either American or European brands. In fact the Japanese themselves are so aware of this fact that one major Japanese brand approached Pinnacle in
1999-2004 to design, manufacture and produce all their USA products cause they themselves knew they were not up to the task. Some companies excel at certain things, and anyone who knows anything about real Audio Speakers knows the Japanese mega-electronic conglomerates make the McDonalds hamburgers of Loudspeakers. Yet McDonalds sells lots of burgers and no one gets sick.I like McDonald's. They do some things well. But they do not make great food. They know that! And even the Japanese themselves know what they excel at and what they do not. I am not aware of a single Japanese speaker product that sells for over $1,000 or has any serious INDUSTRY reviews. But, you may know best. Maybe you can enlighten us old thinking Audio folk stuck in the genre of the 70's, 80's, 90's and point out some really serious high end quality music/theater speakers from a Japanese label to the WOOT audience for our testing and education. We grew up with and competed in the market with respected names such as Polk, Paradigm, Celestian, Boston Acoustics, Definitive Technology,B&W, Klipsch, Energy, Mirage, Altek Lansing, Cewin Vega and the legends of Speaker Brands. And yet, in our 37 year history Only Pinnacle stands alone vs all the above mentioned names as the only independently owned and operated USA Speaker company. All the above companies were either sold or bankrupted. HMMMMMMMMMMMM maybe those Pinnacle people know a thing or 2? Maybe?

blipper67

I'm going to be in Austin tomorrow. Are there any Pinnacle speaker re-sellers there? Company names please.

pinnaclespeakers

blipper67 wrote:I'm going to be in Austin tomorrow. Are there any Pinnacle speaker re-sellers there? Company names please.

That small computer company called DELL sells lots of our stuff. They have our Black Diamond flagship products in their Audio Engineering lab for reference. Contact Dell in Round Rock and maybe they will give you a tour.

blipper67

pinnaclespeakers wrote:Well, here goes the real answer. Not sure you can handle it: It is common knowledge that the best speakers are from dedicated speaker companies either American or European brands.

I bi-amp my HT system using an active crossover - Marchand. (French) That's (2) 15" American made Avalanche subwoofers (real subs, not 1.75" 6200 Pinnacle "woofers"). The subs are crossed over at 80Hz on a 24 dB slope driven by one of the oldest American amp manufacturers (now defunct I believe, probably sold off to some Chinese firm) - Soundcraftsman. An Adcom amp (Japanese) drives my front mains from 80Hz and up. All other speakers are driven by a Denon HT receiver, one of the most respected Japanese companies in the sound industry.

Again, what are you guys doing trying to pass off a 1.75" driver as a woofer? Is that some kind of joke? That's tweeter material, hardly even midrange. A driver should not work past its upper or lower limits if you want the cleanest, most dynamic sound. You're crossing over your (real) woofers on a 1st order slope, which means they are outputting in the midrange area before finally falling off. Guess they are designed for that....

blipper67

pinnaclespeakers wrote:That small computer company called DELL sells lots of our stuff. They have our Black Diamond flagship products in their Audio Engineering lab for reference. Contact Dell in Round Rock and maybe they will give you a tour.

I contacted them and ended up being routed thru about 3 agents, all Indian, before being told they do not have an audio engineering or sales department in Round Rock. That was after I finally got someone off their script and would answer my direct question - "do you or do you not have an audio engineering or sales room in the Round Rock headquarters?"

Perhaps you can refer me to an Austin audio installer?

pinnaclespeakers

Good Morning Wooters! This is Arin with Pinnacle Speakers TEAM LEADER for customer service/support Consumer division.

I am here to assist in answering any and all questions regarding Pinnacle Speakers to the best of my ability. With about 1 day left several items are almost sold out, MB 9500+ and MB 11500+ systems. So all you fence sitters out there, ask away.

Many of you have had good questions on the difference between a SPEAKERBAR, such as our QP9 W model and a SOUNDBAR, such as QP9W PWRBR or FRONTROWPBAR6200/FRONTROWSYS821.

A SPEAKERBAR is essentially a home theater product housing all 3 front channel speakers (left/right/center) in 1 space saving enclosure. In fact, Pinnacle invented the SPEAKERBAR category in 2003. We along with Definitive Technology previewed our QUANTUM SERIES as they previewed MYTHOS series. at the industry trade show. The term SPEAKERBAR became popular with an item Polk aptly named SPEAKERBAR in 2004. Anyway, the SPEAKERBAR hooks up direct to an audio receiver the old fashioned way with speaker wires. It is usually part of a 5.1 or 7.1 home theater system, including powered subwoofers, rear and or side channel speakers.

SOUNDBARS: A relatively new category to address the problem of limited acoustics from today's super thin flat panel TV's. As the TV has become so thin. now 1-2", the manufacturers have had to strip out space from Audio. So your gorgeous flat panel TV has virtually no relevant sound quality.

Hence a SOUNDBAR to the rescue. A SOUNDBAR is a self powered (built in amplifier) speaker that connects easily directly to the TV. We offer 2 excellent choices, the best one being QP9W PWRBR. In fact, it is so good, that it also can work as an excellent music system especially if you add a powered subwoofer. We recommend Baby Boomer as best match. Connectivity is a breeze. 1 cable (We supply the cable) connects to the SOUNDBAR and then to the TV and you are done. with QP9WPWRBR it has a sub-out to allow a separate subwoofer hook-up.

SYSTEM FRONTOW8210 is a SOUNDBAR and WIRELESS POWERED SUBWOOFER package. So to recap:

SPEAKERBAR QP9W:
For a home theater system front left, front right and center channel all in 1 enclosure

SOUNDBAR: Frontow6200 acoustic solution with simple connectivity to your TV to replace and improve the TV sound that was eliminated by the TV manufacturer in the super thin format.

BEST SOUNDBAR: QPW PWRBR, a superior SOUNDBAR for TV/Movies and also an outstanding music speaker, especially with a separate powered subwoofer.

FRONTROWSYS8210: SOUNDBAR + WIRELESS Powered Subwoofer in a package at a really aggressive price. Ideal for rooms under 300 Square feet. Hook up is a breeze.

I hope this guidance is helpful.

Again,

MB9500+ and MB 11500+ home theater systems are almost sold out for you fence sitters out there.

tcosupreme

quality posts: 6 Private Messages tcosupreme

The Onkyo HT-RC560 is a great deal. As a "woot exclusive" is looks to me like a model name/number created just for woot shoppers (and maybe some others) - common for PCs at big box stores. I just took the time to compare this Onkyo receiver with Onkyo's TX-NR626 and noticed ZERO appreciable differences aside from a couple of typos on Onkyo's website. So (long story short), this is the same A/V receiver that cnet ranked as #2 in the currently available line-up, just behind Sony's STR-DN840 (which has Airplay in addition to Bluetooth). I'm sure I'll be fine with Bluetooth, and for my money, this Onkyo is #1 because it also has powered 2nd zone output that I can use for my outdoor speakers at the same time. Given the price, it's a no-brainer... in for one!

matucla89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages matucla89

Hello Arin! Thank you for all your info regarding the Pinnacle Soundbars.

I just purchased an LG NB3730 soundbar/subwoofer combo...but I was considering returning it and getting one of the Pinnacle's instead. However, since I can't preview them, and can't return them, I am not sure what direction to go. Can you provide guidance?

Thanks!

HokiePokie757

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HokiePokie757

I love my BABY BOOMERS. All three of them (7.2 in basement & 3.1 in living room).

Oh yeah, and the speakers rock too. They really make listening to the intro theme song of Dexter an experience.

pinnaclespeakers

matucla89 wrote:Hello Arin! Thank you for all your info regarding the Pinnacle Soundbars.

I just purchased an LG NB3730 soundbar/subwoofer combo...but I was considering returning it and getting one of the Pinnacle's instead. However, since I can't preview them, and can't return them, I am not sure what direction to go. Can you provide guidance?

Thanks!

We appreciate the vote of confidence. If you buy the FRONTROWSYS8210 and for some reason are not completely satisfied, we (PINNACLE) will accept it and refund you $249.99. I have approval on just this and you would have to show us the refund credit on the other system. That is how sure we are you will love it. Please save this POST so we have a history if needed.

matucla89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages matucla89

Thank you! I think I will take you up on that!

pinnaclespeakers wrote:We appreciate the vote of confidence. If you buy the FRONTROWSYS8210 and for some reason are not completely satisfied, we (PINNACLE) will accept it and refund you $249.99. I have approval on just this and you would have to show us the refund credit on the other system. That is how sure we are you will love it. Please save this POST so we have a history if needed.

narquespamley

quality posts: 24 Private Messages narquespamley
pinnaclespeakers wrote:Might we recommend QP9 PWRBR which is our highest end SOUNDBAR with bass down to the low 50 HZ range at - 3db. As good and better than many small bookshelf speakers. It also has a sub-out input so you can easily add a powered subwoofer just by running a cable to the SOUNDBAR. We suggest QP9W PWRBR and Baby Boomer as an amazing music or TV sound System! In a larger room PSSUB 225 as the subwoofer. The depth and clarity of these 2.1 system options will amaze. QP9W PWRBR is brand new,our best SOUNDBAR just shipped last month

On your website, QP9 and QP9W are rated at 95-100hz minimum. None of your sound bars are under 80. Claiming down to 50Hz is very dubious.

jdupree

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jdupree

This is a review of the Q P 9 Wood 9-Element Speaker Bar I picked up on a previous woot.

I purchased this speaker bar to upgrade my 7-8 year old dinky 5.1 front speakers that came with the receiver. I'm no audiophile but there was a drastic improvement in sound quality, particularly when you turn the volume up. Well packaged and a great value since it is a good deal cheaper than on amazon. You really cant go wrong with this bar. But... Don't think you wont need a sub. I still use my old sub with it. As great as the bar sounds, you cant generate enough bass out of these speakers which is normal and expected. If you don't care about bass then they stand well on their own. If you like the bass, I would go ahead and pick up the nicely priced sub on this woot as well. Remember, I'm not an audiophile so don't go telling me about frequency responses and the like. All I know is these speakers sound dang good for the price. Sure a $500-1000 speaker will blow these away but for me and my pitiful wallet they do just fine and are better than the included speakers with cheap 5.1 packages.

I guess I need to give the "well duh" addendum that of course you need an audio receiver for these to work, unless your tv has 3 channel speaker output. If you buy this speaker bar without doing any research and then want to whine on the forums because you cant use it with just your tv its your own damn fault for not doing adequate research on your setup and the speaker bar. Even if its labeled incorrectly as a soundbar, look at the damn pictures. Do you see any inputs and power connector? No. If you dont know enough to understand that then you should not be buying tech items online. Get thee to a best buy so you can say "I can haz speaker bar for tv?" and they can hopefully get you what you need. For the rest of us, we will reap the rewards of informed purchases at woot! ;P