mokco

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mokco

Disappointed; finally received the item 27 days after it was ordered. The watch was delivered with a well equipped scratch on the crystal and the wrong instruction book (for a Ronda chrono movement vs ISA anadigital) This order has the appearance that someone in a Hollywood FL back room was assembling orders in a rushed fashion. This sale was just weird...don't blame Woot but hope they step up to the plate to take this item back.

anyone else experiencing issues?

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

mokco wrote:Disappointed; finally received the item 27 days after it was ordered. The watch was delivered with a well equipped scratch on the crystal and the wrong instruction book (for a Ronda chrono movement vs ISA anadigital) This order has the appearance that someone in a Hollywood FL back room was assembling orders in a rushed fashion. This sale was just weird...don't blame Woot but hope they step up to the plate to take this item back.

anyone else experiencing issues?

yikes, sorry to hear about that. (especially the florida part. :c)

if you haven't already, please do email our CS folks at Support@Woot.com and let them know what happened. i'll forward this post to them AND our watch folks so they're aware.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

mokco

PemberDucky wrote:yikes, sorry to hear about that. (especially the florida part. :c)

if you haven't already, please do email our CS folks at Support@Woot.com and let them know what happened. i'll forward this post to them AND our watch folks so they're aware.

As the first 'sucker' for this model, Woot is awesome - thanks for coming through and taking care of this watch.

pbtyper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pbtyper
PemberDucky wrote:yikes, sorry to hear about that. (especially the florida part. :c)

The instruction manual for Ronda chrono movement is CORRECT from my perspective. This is the Swiss manufacturer of the internal components of the watch. The Ronda movement is the "heart" of the watch. I also have what appears to be the same instruction booklet and it is directly applicable to the functioning of the watch provided. Sorry to hear you were disappointed. I got mine and it's decent, not great but you can't really get a GREAT watch for $255 I'm afraid.

pbtyper

mokco wrote:As the first 'sucker' for this model, Woot is awesome - thanks for coming through and taking care of this watch.

The instruction manual for Ronda chrono movement is CORRECT from my perspective. This is the Swiss manufacturer of the internal components of the watch. The Ronda movement is the "heart" of the watch. I also have what appears to be the same instruction booklet and it is directly applicable to the functioning of the watch provided. Sorry to hear you were disappointed. I got mine and it's decent, not great but you can't really get a GREAT watch for $255 I'm afraid. Anywho, glad you got taken care of by woot! I was a little wary of this one myself. I'm hanging on to mine because it seems to be in good working order thankfully.

mokco

pbtyper wrote:The instruction manual for Ronda chrono movement is CORRECT from my perspective. This is the Swiss manufacturer of the internal components of the watch. The Ronda movement is the "heart" of the watch. I also have what appears to be the same instruction booklet and it is directly applicable to the functioning of the watch provided. Sorry to hear you were disappointed. I got mine and it's decent, not great but you can't really get a GREAT watch for $255 I'm afraid. Anywho, glad you got taken care of by woot! I was a little wary of this one myself. I'm hanging on to mine because it seems to be in good working order thankfully.

Ummmmm - the World Time is not a chrono!?!? It would be awfully difficult to set this World Time using a Ronda movement direction book as the functions are fundamentally different. I have not seen a recent analog/digital component from Ronda vs, say, ISA who manufacturers the 9013 (the movement is also unlikely to be an ETA or Breitling caliber 7x) .... Just saying - but glad you're happy and found a way to make two different movements work the same way as if it was one.

pbtyper

mokco wrote:Ummmmm - the World Time is not a chrono!?!? It would be awfully difficult to set this World Time using a Ronda movement direction book as the functions are fundamentally different. I have not seen a recent analog/digital component from Ronda vs, say, ISA who manufacturers the 9013 (the movement is also unlikely to be an ETA or Breitling caliber 7x) .... Just saying - but glad you're happy and found a way to make two different movements work the same way as if it was one.

Perhaps we are referring to a different watch? The watch I'm referring to is a simple chrono, strictly analog and doesn't have world time. The movement on my watch is supposedly:

http://www.ronda.ch/en/our-quartz-movements/startech/startech-5000/caliber/5030d/

Oh well, no sweat. Take care brother.