craigthom


quality posts: 64 Private Messages craigthom

There's a question on the deal page:

Hey audiophiles, when reading the Electrical Frequency Response on speakers, When does Upper and Lower db limit mean? How does this affect the total frequency response?


If you mean something like 100Hz to 16KHz +/- 3db, it's the relative volume of the sound across the range. A 3db increase is twice as loud (and -3db is half as loud; it's logarithmic).

Without that the frequency range is meaningless. You could have a speaker that could produce an 80Hz tone with your receiver cranked and your ear right next to it and claim it goes down to 80Hz, but you'll never hear anything that low at normal listening levels.

That's why, unless they tell you the range at the same amp level, it means nothing.

quantumspec1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages quantumspec1

Ask and you shall receive!

Just purchased another 2 S-FIT TWR 1050s. My neighbors are going to hate me.

Woo!

bpr2


quality posts: 182 Private Messages bpr2
pinnaclespeakers wrote:Hi. I think you mean SFITLCR250 pairs which we have our elves building. Please expect them in an upcoming event possibly this month.

Thanks




thank you!

that was fun while it lasted!

drumminfool


quality posts: 0 Private Messages drumminfool

hi Arin, I'm currently setup with a 7.1 system with pre's on drop mounts from the ceiling. i am interested in replacing my 20+ year old JBL floor standing front speakers with your S-FIT TWR 1050 5-Element Floor Speaker. my question is how is the sound quality over distance. i have an open layout home with a continuous kitchen/dining nook/ sitting room that estimates aprox 750 sq feet. (15'x 50') my family likes to listen to music or watch TV when they make food and i want to make sure the sound quality will be worth it at that kind of distance.

vanevenhoven


quality posts: 22 Private Messages vanevenhoven

This is a great idea! For a while I paired my MB11500+ with two SFIT1050s. With the 1050s as the fronts, it was a fabulous 7.1 system. The only issue was that the 11500+ is the piano finish (beautiful), and the towers are the wood grain (also beautiful, just different). The fun part is that while the 11500+ is in the BD series, the BD100 and BD200s that are in the 11500+ are actually timbre matched with all of the SFIT series....so viola! they sound wonderful together. So, to your idea of the 11500+ with a pair of the towers? ... ohh la la. It sounds magnificent, and I can say so 'cause I had exactly that*


*the disclaimer is that I'm not an audiophile and am most likely unqualified to speak to much more than anything other than...."I like the way that sounds"

pinnaclespeakers wrote:Ok, good question. Acoustically speaking the full size and full range tower will be significantly better in performance than the smaller 3 element front channel speakers in the MB 11500+. Having said that, MB11500+ speakers are all in beautiful piano laquer finish, which has a cost. Strictly acoustically speaking, SFITTWR and SFITCT350 for front channels and center are an upgrade to the MB 11500.



lorenzodemedici


quality posts: 39 Private Messages lorenzodemedici
pinnaclespeakers wrote:Actually,high quality audio has very divergent costs and if we were lucky enough to be car manufacturers our pricing would be double from 10 years ago. Instead, high quality audio is lower in consumer cost than 10 years ago. Anyway, we select retail pricing based on competitive PERFORMANCE and many many customers purchase our items at those costs.



Pinnacle speakers are great products, selling here at a great price. There's a reason why speakers cost the same as 10 or even 20 years ago. Supply and demand. There's still plenty of supply (for now, wait another 10 years) but much lower demand. Young adults don't buy speakers any more. Or receivers or amplifiers. The new LED flat panel TVs might actually save the audio industry. Those TVs are so thin that the speakers sound like a laptop computer. Kind of ridiculous to have a 60 inch TV that you can barely hear. So the term "home theater" now translates to "decent sound from your TV".

pinnaclespeakers


quality posts: 91 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers
craigthom wrote:There's a question on the deal page:


If you mean something like 100Hz to 16KHz +/- 3db, it's the relative volume of the sound across the range. A 3db increase is twice as loud (and -3db is half as loud; it's logarithmic).

Without that the frequency range is meaningless. You could have a speaker that could produce an 80Hz tone with your receiver cranked and your ear right next to it and claim it goes down to 80Hz, but you'll never hear anything that low at normal listening levels.

That's why, unless they tell you the range at the same amp level, it means nothing.



Hi Craig, Arin with Pinnacle Speakers here. Good morning.

Exactly so! To clarify this even further, the industry has fairly recently shifted to a more liberal frequeny response spec by stating +-6db. This allows manufacturers to make the appearance of their responses seem wider or "BETTER" than +- 3 db. The +- 3db spec is a more conservative and accurate rating. In the interest of being able to flash "BETTER SPECS" and make products "APPEAR ON PAPER" to seem better, these new spec methods have emerged.

For a conservative audio based company like Pinnacle this has created some frustration and internal debate on how to deal with this. It's kind of like 1 car manufacturer saying they get 40 miles/gallon with a liberal rating standard while another car manufacturer says 32 MPG with a more conservative and traditionally applied standards. Since most people only look at the #, they buy the car with 40 MPG which harms the more conservative company.

At Pinnacle, to deal with this we have 2 specs. Frequency Response, which is always the more conservative and traditional way @ +- 3db. But, to play ball with those who use the more elongated liberal methods of +- 6db, we publish that spec too and call it frequency Range, indicating the High and Low of the range @ +- 6db.

Not all specs are created equal. We continually have to balance our needs to inform with cross referencing how others state specs whom we compete with. Our company culture is conservative in that regard.

Thanks for your helpful comments.

pinnaclespeakers


quality posts: 91 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers
lorenzodemedici wrote:Pinnacle speakers are great products, selling here at a great price. There's a reason why speakers cost the same as 10 or even 20 years ago. Supply and demand. There's still plenty of supply (for now, wait another 10 years) but much lower demand. Young adults don't buy speakers any more. Or receivers or amplifiers. The new LED flat panel TVs might actually save the audio industry. Those TVs are so thin that the speakers sound like a laptop computer. Kind of ridiculous to have a 60 inch TV that you can barely hear. So the term "home theater" now translates to "decent sound from your TV".



Hi Lorenzo and good morning. You are 100% correct. The serious music listeners of generations past have not spawned the same passion in newer generations, or that passion is applied to headphones and smartphones and MP3 players that simply cannot ever produce serious audio quality.

We do indeed appreciate these new super thin and acoustically limited flat screens that have no audio at all. It is making younger people take a closer look (or I mean listen) to what is not there and they have noticed!

pinnaclespeakers


quality posts: 91 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers
drumminfool wrote:hi Arin, I'm currently setup with a 7.1 system with pre's on drop mounts from the ceiling. i am interested in replacing my 20+ year old JBL floor standing front speakers with your S-FIT TWR 1050 5-Element Floor Speaker. my question is how is the sound quality over distance. i have an open layout home with a continuous kitchen/dining nook/ sitting room that estimates aprox 750 sq feet. (15'x 50') my family likes to listen to music or watch TV when they make food and i want to make sure the sound quality will be worth it at that kind of distance.



Hi good morning. This is a good question and actually moves us into a broader conversation. The real issue is this, in our opinion:

WHAT IS THE PRIMARY ACTIVITY? What we mean by that is the activity serious music listening, meaning sitting in a chair/couch and really doing nothing more than enjoying a heavy dose of your favorite tunes. Asking all to leave you in privacy or as a family so you can all enjoy the listening session. That is where listening to the music is the primary activity, and it then can be cut back in importance from there. So, if cooking, preparing a family meal as a family event, eating together is the primary activity, and you want music in the background that is a different function for the speakers.

having said that, the SFITTWR's are able to project serious audio quality over a longer distanc that any smaller shelf sized speaker. That is a fact of physics.

If the speakers are say 50-75' away you can and will enjoy what we call "SERIOUS BACKGROUND MUSIC LISTENING", but it will not be the same experience as an intense personnal music experience.


IF you want Music litening and not a home theater system here is what we suggest:

2 SFITTWR 1050 + 1 SUPERSONIC. If you You can DO IT! to spend the money on our best powered subwoofer, though Hioghly recommended especially in a room that big, get 1 PSSUB 225 Powered Subwoofer. Even from one end of the room to the other, you will obtain a serious level AND QUALITY of audio.

If this is part of a broader HOME THEATER SYSTEM consider this set up:

Add 2 more SFIT TWR 1050 for the rear channel

Add SFITCTR350 as center channel.

We assure you, you will enjoy music when you just want to do that, and cooking and family time when that is the primary activity, yet the speakers will absolutely let you know they are there too! These are serious speakers and NOT wimpy!


Arin, PINNACLE SPEAKER, TEAM LEADER

qt11


quality posts: 1 Private Messages qt11

I'm looking at a pair of the S-FIT TWR 1050's for listening to music only...

I have an old Sony amp (TA-F246E)... will this drive the 1050s ?

Or will i need some fancy receiver ?

Thanks,


pinnaclespeakers


quality posts: 91 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers
qt11 wrote:I'm looking at a pair of the S-FIT TWR 1050's for listening to music only...

I have an old Sony amp (TA-F246E)... will this drive the 1050s ?

Or will i need some fancy receiver ?

Thanks,



Hi, absolutely OK to use the older SONY receiver that was made before home theater. SFITWR 1050 will hook up and play just fine as great music speakers!

qt11


quality posts: 1 Private Messages qt11

thank you

pinnaclespeakers wrote:Hi, absolutely OK to use the older SONY receiver that was made before home theater. SFITWR 1050 will hook up and play just fine as great music speakers!



drumminfool


quality posts: 0 Private Messages drumminfool
pinnaclespeakers wrote:Hi good morning. This is a good question and actually moves us into a broader conversation. The real issue is this, in our opinion:

WHAT IS THE PRIMARY ACTIVITY? What we mean by that is the activity serious music listening, meaning sitting in a chair/couch and really doing nothing more than enjoying a heavy dose of your favorite tunes. Asking all to leave you in privacy or as a family so you can all enjoy the listening session. That is where listening to the music is the primary activity, and it then can be cut back in importance from there. So, if cooking, preparing a family meal as a family event, eating together is the primary activity, and you want music in the background that is a different function for the speakers.

having said that, the SFITTWR's are able to project serious audio quality over a longer distanc that any smaller shelf sized speaker. That is a fact of physics.

If the speakers are say 50-75' away you can and will enjoy what we call "SERIOUS BACKGROUND MUSIC LISTENING", but it will not be the same experience as an intense personnal music experience.


IF you want Music litening and not a home theater system here is what we suggest:

2 SFITTWR 1050 + 1 SUPERSONIC. If you You can DO IT! to spend the money on our best powered subwoofer, though Hioghly recommended especially in a room that big, get 1 PSSUB 225 Powered Subwoofer. Even from one end of the room to the other, you will obtain a serious level AND QUALITY of audio.

If this is part of a broader HOME THEATER SYSTEM consider this set up:

Add 2 more SFIT TWR 1050 for the rear channel

Add SFITCTR350 as center channel.

We assure you, you will enjoy music when you just want to do that, and cooking and family time when that is the primary activity, yet the speakers will absolutely let you know they are there too! These are serious speakers and NOT wimpy!


Arin, PINNACLE SPEAKER, TEAM LEADER



hi thanks for the response! to answer you question, the main use for the system is for movies we already have a 5.1 infinity setup but are lacking the punch form the front speakers that were provided so i want to flip them to presence speakers and get some legitimate speakers to replace them. ordering two as we speak! oh and im the only one in the family that will be enjoying these speakers for quality music listening hahahah.

electronuts


quality posts: 1 Private Messages electronuts

More specific questions for Arin:

Was looking at the MB11500+ to pair with the Onkyo HT-RC560 receiver I recently purchased on Woot! Do you have dimensions on the individual speakers in that system? Also, does the center channel come with a pedestal for side lying position on a shelf under television?

I was originally only planning on running a 5.1 system due to lack of good place for side surround speakers, but now am thinking about using the rear channels as wall mounted high L+R fronts. A pair of in ceiling pioneer speakers commonly offered on Woot! (not purchased yet) as rear channels would complete the 7.1 configuration (in ceiling since the wife is not a fan of speakers double as home décor items)

I am currently running just a pair of Boston HD5's which are a couple decades old but still sound great. As an alternative, I thought I could add the SFITCTR350 and either the Baby Boomer or PSSUB225 to complete a 5.1 system that way.

Any thoughts on which configuration will give me the best performance? Will be used predominately for home theater and background music (while occasionally cranking up the music when the wife and baby are out of the house). Also, the room is only about 250sq ft.

tonys57


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tonys57

I was all set to buy the Front Row 6200 for a TV in a small room until I read the Amazon reviews. Only two reviews, but nothing higher than a 1 star. By all the hype on Woot, I assumed that Pinnacle Speakers were all about high quality.
I guess I'll save my money and just keep listening to my tinny sounding TV speakers. http://www.amazon.com/8-ELEMENT-SOUNDBAR-PATENTED-PROCESSOR-SURROUND/product-reviews/B0092TXQ2Y/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

InFrom


quality posts: 34 Private Messages InFrom
tonys57 wrote:I was all set to buy the Front Row 6200 for a TV in a small room until I read the Amazon reviews. Only two reviews, but nothing higher than a 1 star. By all the hype on Woot, I assumed that Pinnacle Speakers were all about high quality.
I guess I'll save my money and just keep listening to my tinny sounding TV speakers. http://www.amazon.com/8-ELEMENT-SOUNDBAR-PATENTED-PROCESSOR-SURROUND/product-reviews/B0092TXQ2Y/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

I saw those reviews, and also a pretty negative Woot review from a prior offer. OTOH, it looks like they have sold many of these over the course of several prior sales, and that's the only review I saw that directly addressed the 6200 unit. So on the theory that if it were so very bad, we'd see more than 1 negative report, I went ahead and bought it. Only time will tell. If it's pleasing to the ear (or even if it's not), I will post a follow-up, just to add a little data to the pool.

On the other hand -- I have seen a few positive reviews from Wooters who bought the 8210 -- that's the one that comes with the wireless sub. (They were both the subject of a Sellout sale, earlier this week.) Maybe Arin could address this question -- are these essentially the same soundbar, soundwise? Because if they are, I feel pretty optimistic about my purchase, based on the satisfied customers who got the 8210.

ctfeet


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ctfeet
pinnaclespeakers wrote:Ok, good question. Acoustically speaking the full size and full range tower will be significantly better in performance than the smaller 3 element front channel speakers in the MB 11500+. Having said that, MB11500+ speakers are all in beautiful piano laquer finish, which has a cost. Strictly acoustically speaking, SFITTWR and SFITCT350 for front channels and center are an upgrade to the MB 11500.



I get the feeling from this response that you don't really recommend the MB 11500+ as a complete setup. It seems that you think they need something extra to make them good. I just purchased the Onkyo RC560 receiver from Woot and am now looking for a 5.1 setup to compliment it. I'm replacing a Bose V20 system which I like the sound of. I'm only replacing it because it doesn't handle 3D video.

pinnaclespeakers


quality posts: 91 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers
drumminfool wrote:hi thanks for the response! to answer you question, the main use for the system is for movies we already have a 5.1 infinity setup but are lacking the punch form the front speakers that were provided so i want to flip them to presence speakers and get some legitimate speakers to replace them. ordering two as we speak! oh and im the only one in the family that will be enjoying these speakers for quality music listening hahahah.



You will be amazed and a great choice. Enjoy the speakers.

regards,

ARIN

pinnaclespeakers


quality posts: 91 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers
ctfeet wrote:I get the feeling from this response that you don't really recommend the MB 11500+ as a complete setup. It seems that you think they need something extra to make them good. I just purchased the Onkyo RC560 receiver from Woot and am now looking for a 5.1 setup to compliment it. I'm replacing a Bose V20 system which I like the sound of. I'm only replacing it because it doesn't handle 3D video.



Oh, no not at all. I am sorry if that was the impression. The MB11500+ is in fact outstanding and a complete 5.1 system. Using our SFITTWR 1050 as reference speakers, is not a fair comparison.

We are fussy and very fanatical about every product we make. Our MB11500+ is superb, but my point was the Tower SFITTWR1050 are just that much better. All BMW and Mercedes cars are great, some more great than others. I apologize for the confussion

joshtheitguy


quality posts: 2 Private Messages joshtheitguy

Been looking for reviews of the PS 225 subwoofer but not finding much, my Polk PSW125's amp seems to have died, anyone know how the Pinnacle PS 225 stacks up to that?

pinnaclespeakers


quality posts: 91 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers
InFrom wrote:I saw those reviews, and also a pretty negative Woot review from a prior offer. OTOH, it looks like they have sold many of these over the course of several prior sales, and that's the only review I saw that directly addressed the 6200 unit. So on the theory that if it were so very bad, we'd see more than 1 negative report, I went ahead and bought it. Only time will tell. If it's pleasing to the ear (or even if it's not), I will post a follow-up, just to add a little data to the pool.

On the other hand -- I have seen a few positive reviews from Wooters who bought the 8210 -- that's the one that comes with the wireless sub. (They were both the subject of a Sellout sale, earlier this week.) Maybe Arin could address this question -- are these essentially the same soundbar, soundwise? Because if they are, I feel pretty optimistic about my purchase, based on the satisfied customers who got the 8210.




Hi, Arin with Pinnacle here to address this. A few points. Model FRONTROWSY8210 does use the same SOUNDBAR (FRONTROW6200) and is paired with a wireless powered subwoofer. So, the 8210 includes the 6200. As to 1 or 2 negative Amazon comments a few points:

Amazon is not authorized to sell this item. They do not sell or inventory the item directly. Amazon itself is a customer of Pinnacle, but that is different than the multitudes of "affiliates" who are people or companies we have absolutely no direct contact with and cannot vouch for anything they sell, represent or do. Further, if anyone purchased frontrowpbar 6200 @ $491 as it is posted on Amazon, then saw it for $99.99 here, I would think some people would be thinking $491 is not a good value. And they would be right. Additionally, the FRONTROW6200 SOUNDBAR is designed for newest sets which have little to no acoustics. If your set is 3 years old or more, it might very well be as good as the FRONTROW6200.

Now, the Qp9W POWERBAR version is in another class of quality in Soundbars and will improve dramatically any TV, new or old. As always in the SOUNDBAR realm, a powered subwoofer is advised since SOUNDBARS have little bass. If you want great dialogue, vocals music and TV watching, sports etc, the SOUNDBARS we offer are infinately better than what comes with the TV's. For a movie experience or good music listening SOUNDBARS should have a subwoofer added to them.

And finally, we sell many thousands of speakers/year at WOOT and many tens of thousands/year. Although we want each and every customer to be 100% satisifed and say nice things, that is just not possible.

Often times we find customer error is as much an issue as anything else. Electronic choices and hook-ups can be confusing and tricky. Room acoustics can play a part.

Overall, we think we have an amazing track record and are highly respected in the industry. Spendimg $249.99 for our top of the line SOUNDBAR QP9W PWRbr will satisfy the most critical of listeners especially adding a subwoofer.

Spending $99.99 for FRONTROWPBAR6200 will give you back all and then some that was stripped out of newer TV sets.

ANd Spending just $199.99 will give you hands down the best SOUNDBAR/POWERED SUbwoofer system anywhere in the market

Our 37 year reputation for superior Speaker Products makes us confident in these claims.

Thanks,

ARIN, PINNACLE SPEAKERS,

pinnaclespeakers


quality posts: 91 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers
joshtheitguy wrote:Been looking for reviews of the PS 225 subwoofer but not finding much, my Polk PSW125's amp seems to have died, anyone know how the Pinnacle PS 225 stacks up to that?




Hi, here is a link to the predecessor of PSSUB 225, (DIG SUB 150.) PSSUB 225 has a larger power supply and can play louder. We think this would be helpful for you:

http://pinnaclespeakers.com/dsub150.html

skittlesovermnm


quality posts: 0 Private Messages skittlesovermnm

I'm really interested in the 8210 FRONT ROW bar but really wish it has built in bluetooth so I can use for other mp3 devices. How does the 8210 compare to other Sound bars with bluetooth such as the LG NB3530A or Sony HTCT260H? Since they are in the same price range.

pinnaclespeakers


quality posts: 91 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers
skittlesovermnm wrote:I'm really interested in the 8210 FRONT ROW bar but really wish it has built in bluetooth so I can use for other mp3 devices. How does the 8210 compare to other Sound bars with bluetooth such as the LG NB3530A or Sony HTCT260H? Since they are in the same price range.



Hi. Thank you for the questions. A Blue Tooth feature is a wireless option to use for pairing the SOUNDBAR to another device. It has absolutely nothing to do with acoustic quality. Our SOUNDBARS will pair with MP3 Players and Smart phones with a simple cable conect from the device to the SOUNDBAR.

Pinnacle is an upscale American based Speaker company. That is all we do. We compare ourselves to other spcialized Speaker companies.
The products offered here are designed to be specifically comparable to items at their LIST PRICE and compete favorably with other items from specialized Speaker companies. I make this distinction as the brands you mentioned are considered broad based consumer electronics companies. They are not Speaker companies, though they may offers some speakers. Finally, if it is helpful to you, as the manufacturer we view these offers as an absolute no brainer and are exclusive to WOOT. Our FRONTROWSYS8210 is not a $199 product, it will compare well to items 2-3 times the price.

Thank you

ctfeet


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ctfeet
pinnaclespeakers wrote:Oh, no not at all. I am sorry if that was the impression. The MB11500+ is in fact outstanding and a complete 5.1 system. Using our SFITTWR 1050 as reference speakers, is not a fair comparison.

We are fussy and very fanatical about every product we make. Our MB11500+ is superb, but my point was the Tower SFITTWR1050 are just that much better. All BMW and Mercedes cars are great, some more great than others. I apologize for the confussion



Thanks for your reply. Can you tell me how these would compare to the Energy 5.1 Take Classic? They are both the same cost so I'd like to get the better of the two.

Thanks again

pinnaclespeakers


quality posts: 91 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers
ctfeet wrote:Thanks for your reply. Can you tell me how these would compare to the Energy 5.1 Take Classic? They are both the same cost so I'd like to get the better of the two.

Thanks again



Hi, in looking at this Energy system our view is that the 3 driver configuration we use in the Front and Center channels of MB11500+ is a significant upgrade.

Our 3 driver (3 SPEAKER in each product) configuration will provide a significantly improved center channel and front left and front right. This is important because when watching a movie or TV the center channel speaker carries most of the dialogue, or people speaking to each other. Most of any movie is people having conversations, so the center channel is critical.

Additionally, our configuration handles more power so for loud movie action sequences or loud music playing, our products will handle that.

Our system includes 50' of High Quality Monster Cable Wire, where the Energy system does not include any Speaker wire. Monster Cable 14 gauge saves you about $30 right there.

And finally, we will point out that Pinnacle Engineers have been here an average of 19 years, headed by President RICH R. That means we have extremely experienced engineers working on even the least expensive items we make. Other companies put their best engineers to work on their highest priced products not their lower cost ones. As such, we believe our engineering is superior particularly in modest price ranges. We derived our information directly from the Energy website.

http://www.energy-speakers.com/products/take-classic/?sku=TK-CLASSI-5-1

nickjoslin


quality posts: 0 Private Messages nickjoslin

So can I use one of the soundbars for the speakers for my laptop?
Thanks Arin.

HUNGNGO


quality posts: 0 Private Messages HUNGNGO

Hi Arin,
There is a comment on avsforum as following:
"There is actually a significant difference between the MB and the S-fit lines. The MB series does not use the S-fit series speakers. It uses the Quantum series speakers, which have some significant advantages over the cheaper S-fit.

Extruded aluminum vs. woodgrain vinyl finish
titanium vs silk tweeters
carbon fiber vs. poly woofers
better sensitivity
better power handling
..."

Can you confirm this information. Btw, if I choose QP9w + baby boomer, can you suggest a suitable surround speakers, how about QP2, QP3...
Thanks

pinnaclespeakers


quality posts: 91 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers
HUNGNGO wrote:Hi Arin,
There is a comment on avsforum as following:
"There is actually a significant difference between the MB and the S-fit lines. The MB series does not use the S-fit series speakers. It uses the Quantum series speakers, which have some significant advantages over the cheaper S-fit.

Extruded aluminum vs. woodgrain vinyl finish
titanium vs silk tweeters
carbon fiber vs. poly woofers
better sensitivity
better power handling
..."

Can you confirm this information. Btw, if I choose QP9w + baby boomer, can you suggest a suitable surround speakers, how about QP2, QP3...
Thanks



Hi, QP9W is neither approach. It uses a wood as opposed to an aluminum extruded cabinet. The drivers (speakers) used are closest in character to BD series products.

In either version, QP9W or the SOUNDBAR Version QP9PWRBAR. Best surrounds to match acoustically is BD 100/BD 200 and also SFITLCR250 which is timbre matched to all these products. One more idea, some customers have bought BOTH QP9W and MB 11500+ to assemble an outstanding 7.1 system and have a additional 3 element speaker as an extra CENTER Channle for another TV.

QP9W with Baby Boomer is an excellent combination. In this prom0 the best rear choice is SFITCTR 350 which is an LCR (left/Center Right) or possible wait for SFITLCR250 to be back on promo.

Thanks

pinnaclespeakers


quality posts: 91 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers
nickjoslin wrote:So can I use one of the soundbars for the speakers for my laptop?
Thanks Arin.



I believe yes, but will feel better verifying this with an engineer. I can get that info tomorrow for you

Thanks

MrshGold


quality posts: 0 Private Messages MrshGold

I bought the Front Row PBAR 6200 175W Soundbar for my In-Laws about 3 months ago. They loved it while it was working. Unfortunately, it recently stopped working. My wife called for support and although the support rep was very pleasant, the outcome was very disappointing. Here's the deal, Pinnacle does NOT ship a replacement until they receive the old unit back. We explained that we do not have the box it was shipped in, could Pinnacle please ship us and bill us for another speaker and when we receive the new speaker we will put the old one in the box the new one was sent in and ship the old one back for credit. (This is pretty standard practice with every company I have ever dealt with.) We were told that they do not have any inventory to send us and that we could just make our own box any old way and not to worry too much about protecting it for transit and when they receive inventory they will replace it. We find this kind of support totally unsatisfactory, especially in light of the fact that Woot is once again selling these speakers so there is obviously inventory. Who knows when we will get a replacement. It has been 9 days now and it was received and signed for. But we have had no response from Pinnacle.

pinnaclespeakers


quality posts: 91 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers
MrshGold wrote:I bought the Front Row PBAR 6200 175W Soundbar for my In-Laws about 3 months ago. They loved it while it was working. Unfortunately, it recently stopped working. My wife called for support and although the support rep was very pleasant, the outcome was very disappointing. Here's the deal, Pinnacle does NOT ship a replacement until they receive the old unit back. We explained that we do not have the box it was shipped in, could Pinnacle please ship us and bill us for another speaker and when we receive the new speaker we will put the old one in the box the new one was sent in and ship the old one back for credit. (This is pretty standard practice with every company I have ever dealt with.) We were told that they do not have any inventory to send us and that we could just make our own box any old way and not to worry too much about protecting it for transit and when they receive inventory they will replace it. We find this kind of support totally unsatisfactory, especially in light of the fact that Woot is once again selling these speakers so there is obviously inventory. Who knows when we will get a replacement. It has been 9 days now and it was received and signed for. But we have had no response from Pinnacle.



Hello,

Thank you for this, however several points.

1) IN STOCK with one of our customers is quite different than IN STOCK at our factory.

2) We are not obligated to ship a NEW ITEM as a warranty. We are obligated to repair it or replace it.

3) Imagine if we shipped a brand new speaker automatically to anyone who called us at a price like this. We would only be able to PRE_SELL an item @ list price and even then it is not good policy.

4) We are not aware of any company that provides warranty service in advance of receving the item for Warranty. We have been doing this for 37 years, and we are a major OEM supplier to some of the largest CE companies. So, we think your expectations are not realistic.

5) STOPPED WORKING can mean many things and as the manufacturer we have the right and obligation to inspect any product being requested for warranty service.

6) Most companies perform warranty serrvice within 30-60 days. 9 days is barely quick enough for us to obtain and log in the product and inspect it.

Now, having said all that, Please e-mail me @ customersupport@pinnaclespeakers.com and I will personally look into this tomorrow, when the company is open. As TODAY IS SUNDAY, (YET PINNACLE IS HERE OFFERING SUPPORT)
I WILL ASK THAT IF YOUR PRODUCT HAS INDEED ARRIVED, THEY SHIP A NEW ONE NO QUESTIONS ASKED AS A COURTEOUSY.


I believe we now do have some inventory.

Please, when contacting me send me your real name and address.

Thanks,

ARIN, Pinnacle Speakers TEAM LEADER

MrshGold


quality posts: 0 Private Messages MrshGold
pinnaclespeakers wrote:Hello,

Thank you for this, however several points.

1) IN STOCK with one of our customers is quite different than IN STOCK at our factory.

2) We are not obligated to ship a NEW ITEM as a warranty. We are obligated to repair it or replace it.

3) Imagine if we shipped a brand new speaker automatically to anyone who called us at a price like this. We would only be able to PRE_SELL an item @ list price and even then it is not good policy.

4) We are not aware of any company that provides warranty service in advance of receving the item for Warranty. We have been doing this for 37 years, and we are a major OEM supplier to some of the largest CE companies. So, we think your expectations are not realistic.

5) STOPPED WORKING can mean many things and as the manufacturer we have the right and obligation to inspect any product being requested for warranty service.

6) Most companies perform warranty serive within 30-60 days. 9 days is barely quick enough for us to obtain and log in the product and inspect it.

Now, having said all that, Please e-mail me @ customersupport@pinnaclespeakers.com and I will personally look into this tomorrow, when the company is open. As TODAY IS SUNDAY, (YET PINNACLE IS HERE OFFERING SUPPORT)
I WILL ASK THAT IF YOUR PRODUCT HAS INDEED ARRIVED, THEY SHIP A NEW ONE NO QUESTIONS ASKED AS A COURTEOUSY.


I believe we now do have some inventory.

Please, when contacting me send me your real name and address.

Thanks,

ARIN, Pinnacle Speakers TEAM LEADER



The reply email was just sent out. Thanks for your assistance in resolving this issue. Thanks... Marshall

pinnaclespeakers


quality posts: 91 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers
MrshGold wrote:The reply email was just sent out. Thanks for your assistance in resolving this issue. Thanks... Marshall



Absolutely and I will get on this for you tomorrow. Thank you for letting us make this right by you.

ARIN, TEAM LEADER

MrshGold


quality posts: 0 Private Messages MrshGold
pinnaclespeakers wrote:Absolutely and I will get on this for you tomorrow. Thank you for letting us make this right by you.

ARIN, TEAM LEADER



I just received an automated reply that my email bounced. I did a copy & paste of the email you provided. Here is the automated reply I received:

Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

customersupport@pinnaclespeakers.com:
Remote host said: 550 cuda_nsu 5.1.1 customersupport@pinnaclespeakers.com: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table [RCPT_TO]


Is there another email address I can use?

fartfile


quality posts: 2 Private Messages fartfile

Totally uneducated here, but would there be any issues getting 2 or 3 of the QP9 speaker bars and placing them in front and the rear or does that just not work out?

InFrom


quality posts: 34 Private Messages InFrom
pinnaclespeakers wrote:Hi, Arin with Pinnacle here to address this. A few points. Model FRONTROWSY8210 does use the same SOUNDBAR (FRONTROW6200) and is paired with a wireless powered subwoofer. So, the 8210 includes the 6200. As to 1 or 2 negative Amazon comments a few points:

Amazon is not authorized to sell this item. They do not sell or inventory the item directly. Amazon itself is a customer of Pinnacle, but that is different than the multitudes of "affiliates" who are people or companies we have absolutely no direct contact with and cannot vouch for anything they sell, represent or do. Further, if anyone purchased frontrowpbar 6200 @ $491 as it is posted on Amazon, then saw it for $99.99 here, I would think some people would be thinking $491 is not a good value. And they would be right. Additionally, the FRONTROW6200 SOUNDBAR is designed for newest sets which have little to no acoustics. If your set is 3 years old or more, it might very well be as good as the FRONTROW6200.

Now, the Qp9W POWERBAR version is in another class of quality in Soundbars and will improve dramatically any TV, new or old. As always in the SOUNDBAR realm, a powered subwoofer is advised since SOUNDBARS have little bass. If you want great dialogue, vocals music and TV watching, sports etc, the SOUNDBARS we offer are infinately better than what comes with the TV's. For a movie experience or good music listening SOUNDBARS should have a subwoofer added to them.

And finally, we sell many thousands of speakers/year at WOOT and many tens of thousands/year. Although we want each and every customer to be 100% satisifed and say nice things, that is just not possible.

Often times we find customer error is as much an issue as anything else. Electronic choices and hook-ups can be confusing and tricky. Room acoustics can play a part.

Overall, we think we have an amazing track record and are highly respected in the industry. Spendimg $249.99 for our top of the line SOUNDBAR QP9W PWRbr will satisfy the most critical of listeners especially adding a subwoofer.

Spending $99.99 for FRONTROWPBAR6200 will give you back all and then some that was stripped out of newer TV sets.

ANd Spending just $199.99 will give you hands down the best SOUNDBAR/POWERED SUbwoofer system anywhere in the market

Our 37 year reputation for superior Speaker Products makes us confident in these claims.

Thanks,

ARIN, PINNACLE SPEAKERS,

Hi Arin, thanks for your extensive comments. I am looking forward to receiving my soundbar. Although I have to say, one of your points made me less confident in my purchase:

the FRONTROW6200 SOUNDBAR is designed for newest sets which have little to no acoustics. If your set is 3 years old or more, it might very well be as good as the FRONTROW6200.

Given that my set's a 2007 model, I wonder if I will notice the difference! Or more importantly, given that I had to defend this purchase a bit -- will my spouse notice it? I never loved my TV's sound, so I have a feeling it will all turn out ok.

pinnaclespeakers


quality posts: 91 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers
fartfile wrote:Totally uneducated here, but would there be any issues getting 2 or 3 of the QP9 speaker bars and placing them in front and the rear or does that just not work out?



Hi, Arin with Pinnacle Speakers here. Actually, QP9W is the front left, front right and center channel all in 1 enclosure. Technical term for this type of speaker is SPEAKERBAR. It hooks up to your audio receiver. Then that leaves the 2 rear channel speakers to be added and model SFITCTR350 makes an excellent rear product. If you consider them to be too large, than we suggest picking up QP9W now, especially at this price, and next WOOT promo you will probably see model SFITLCR250 as rear channel. Finally, a subwoofer is highly recommended. BABY BOOMER is outstanding especially for Music. PSSUB 225 is good for large rooms. SUPERSONIC is our best subwoofer for audiophile performance and larger areas of 400 square feet or more.

pinnaclespeakers


quality posts: 91 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers
MrshGold wrote:I just received an automated reply that my email bounced. I did a copy & paste of the email you provided. Here is the automated reply I received:

Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

customersupport@pinnaclespeakers.com:
Remote host said: 550 cuda_nsu 5.1.1 customersupport@pinnaclespeakers.com: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table [RCPT_TO]


Is there another email address I can use?




Hi, sorry my error. Please e-mail to :

pinnacle@pinnaclespeakers.com

pinnaclespeakers


quality posts: 91 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers
InFrom wrote:Given that my set's a 2007 model, I wonder if I will notice the difference! Or more importantly, given that I had to defend this purchase a bit -- will my spouse notice it? I never loved my TV's sound, so I have a feeling it will all turn out ok.



We are all a bunch of audiophiles here so conservative is our approach. Some older sets may have some pretty decent sound. In every case model QP9W PWRBR will absolutely make any TV awesome!!

FRONTROWPBAR6200 is quite good and will always be better than any recent super thin TV. If it were my money, and significant other, I would opt for the QP9W POWERBAR version to ensure maximum performance.

What I will do for you is this: After receiveng FRONTROWPBAR6200 if for any reason you wish to upgrade, write to me directly at Pinnacle and we would swap let you pay the difference and upgrade. So, we have your back.

let me know how it works out,
Pinnacle@pinnaclespeakers.com is the e-mail.

Thanks,

ARIN