gak0090

quality posts: 76 Private Messages gak0090
Ordeith wrote:Get back to me when I can dock an Android tablet and spread its workspace out across multiple monitors while seamlessly connecting to CIFS shares and using SMB shared printers on a LAN.

The Surface display also has more going for it than an almost unnoticeable ppi difference on a 10" screen. You should try one sometime.

No complaints about apps, either, they are coming fast. WMW2 was even available before it hit Android.

You are completely making my point. There is a niche that RT satisfies clearly- yet the universal appeal of it is somewhat limited. As far as printing goes most new printers now have eprint type functionality- you can print from whatever you like.

I don't need to try an RT because I have a windows 8 tablet that is 11.6 inches, not the eunuch version of windows 8- the RT. I like MS. I hope that RT one day will be able to run x86 apps- when that happens- I'll definitely go buy one.

As far as resolution goes- my phone is 1920x1080 on a 5 inch screen, and you don't think I'll be able to notice 1366x768 on a 10 inch screen?

For what most people use tablets for, the Nexus 10 is better from hardware and software perspective than the surface RT. Obviously the 0.2% that need to "dock a tablet and spread its workspace out across multiple monitors while seamlessly connecting to CIFS shares and using SMB shared printers on a LAN." will be better served by the Surface RT.

elleyea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elleyea
gak0090 wrote:This is a great tablet. The only issue I have with the Nexus 10 is that aesthetically is looks cheap. Considering the internals, they could have prettied it up a bit.

Apple went for pretty and their products are sub-par compared to PCs and android. I'd rather they keep working on the internal. Prettiness is not a priority of mine. Besides, most people just put a tablet case protector over anyways.

gak0090

elleyea wrote:Apple went for pretty and their products are sub-par compared to PCs and android. I'd rather they keep working on the internal. Prettiness is not a priority of mine. Besides, most people just put a tablet case protector over anyways.

I agree with you about "prettiness" not being a priority, but at the same time you don't want it to look like a freaking Archos either.

flyswatter

quality posts: 3 Private Messages flyswatter
morriea wrote:I posted this on Deals

http://deals.woot.com/deals/details/4f80deef-be69-48cb-8527-8a15dec98ee9/google-nexus-10-32gb#0

Same item, NEW (not refurbished) for $20 more. 1-year warranty included and Free Shipping.

MUCH better deal for customers in states where Amazon is now charging sales tax. The Woot deal would cost me $358.44.

ashenkhar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ashenkhar

My suspicion is that this deal is showing up now due to the fact that many places are anticipating the new Nexus 10 to be announced this evening.

Still a good deal, but it might be worth waiting to see what happens at the Google Play event... if you are looking for "cutting edge".

Updated... Apparently, nothing at all. No livestream for the play event or anything like that. Oh well.

yardie1616

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yardie1616

Ugh. My wife and I bought two Nexus 10s right after their initial release, and we regret it to this day.

Hardware is fine - the screen is terrific and speakers are great. But the software and licensing limitations is just a disaster. Apps are limited and designed for Android phones (not a 10 inch tablet). And you're just not going to get the same experience as having an iPad.

Did you know that you can watch ESPN Monday Night football on your iPad but not on your Android Tablet?

Chiisai

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Chiisai
gak0090 wrote:This is a great tablet. The only issue I have with the Nexus 10 is that aesthetically is looks cheap. Considering the internals, they could have prettied it up a bit.

I have a Nexus 10 and I LOVE it! I absolutely use it every day. So many wonderful features, it would be difficult to list them all. And yeah, I just pulled the trigger on this Nexus 10 deal for my daughter. Now come one guys, you really want all those pretty little flowers on your Nexus? Just get a nice cover/case for it and make it your own. PS...you can put some pretty little flower stickers on the cover if you absolutely have to have it that pretty...I won't tell.

dliidlii

quality posts: 33 Private Messages dliidlii
Chiisai wrote:I have a Nexus 10 and I LOVE it! And yeah, I just pulled the trigger on this Nexus 10 deal for my daughter. Now come one guys, you really want all those pretty little flowers on your Nexus? Just get a nice cover/case for it and make it your own. PS...you can put some pretty little flower stickers on the cover if you absolutely have to have it that pretty...I won't tell.

I bet Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals will give you buyers remorse.

Chiisai

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Chiisai
dliidlii wrote:I bet Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals will give you buyers remorse.

I don't do Black Friday or very rarely Cyber Monday...on those days I am usually spending quality time with my family making memories. Don't worry your pretty little head about my buyers remorse, I have only regretted one thing I have purchased from Woot, not because it was not a good deal, but because it was delivered DOA (which can happen to any device that you buy, whether it is online or from a walk-in retailer).

bluemaple

quality posts: 66 Private Messages bluemaple
Chiisai wrote:I don't do Black Friday or very rarely Cyber Monday...on those days I am usually spending quality time with my family making memories. Don't worry your pretty little head about my buyers remorse, I have only regretted one thing I have purchased from Woot, not because it was not a good deal, but because it was delivered DOA (which can happen to any device that you buy, whether it is online or from a walk-in retailer).

+1, I laugh when I drive by Best Buy and see the line wrapped around the block 24-48 hours before opening. All time has value, especially family/leisure/downtime.

gak0090

Chiisai wrote:I have a Nexus 10 and I LOVE it! I absolutely use it every day. So many wonderful features, it would be difficult to list them all. And yeah, I just pulled the trigger on this Nexus 10 deal for my daughter. Now come one guys, you really want all those pretty little flowers on your Nexus? Just get a nice cover/case for it and make it your own. PS...you can put some pretty little flower stickers on the cover if you absolutely have to have it that pretty...I won't tell.

I know this is a great tablet. But originally these were going for $500. Look at Samsungs other tablets. It's not really a big deal, but it's like driving a Cadillac with stock rims.

versed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages versed
mustbechris wrote:They're starting to pop up on Ebay at similar prices, though infrequently. $360-380 still seems to be the average range. I'd jump on this without thinking twice if I was in the market for a tablet. I have a Nexus 7 and I'm quite happy with it, so I probably won't be making a tablet purchase for a minute.

Yeah but I'd rather pay a few dollars more then risk what can or can not happen on Ebay. But already have a new N7 2013

akmiller100

quality posts: 1 Private Messages akmiller100

Any experience tethering to Verizon?

also

experience adding Keyboard?

Thanks

morriea

quality posts: 19 Private Messages morriea
akmiller100 wrote:Any experience tethering to Verizon?

also

experience adding Keyboard?

Thanks

I have Verizon, but do not tether. I use the FoxFi App on my smartphone to create a hotspot. It bypasses the fee that I would have to pay to Verizon for access to the feature.

Most Bluetooth keyboards would work just fine.

dliidlii

quality posts: 33 Private Messages dliidlii
bluemaple wrote:+1, I laugh when I drive by Best Buy and see the line wrapped around the block 24-48 hours before opening. All time has value, especially family/leisure/downtime.

A lot of those deals can be gotten online without having to wait in any line. I NEVER bother wasting my time trying to get a "Door Buster" deal.

akmiller100

quality posts: 1 Private Messages akmiller100

Thanks, my only other concern was lack of card slot for more storage.

morriea wrote:I have Verizon, but do not tether. I use the FoxFi App on my smartphone to create a hotspot. It bypasses the fee that I would have to pay to Verizon for access to the feature.

Most Bluetooth keyboards would work just fine.

editorkid

quality posts: 91 Private Messages editorkid
ashenkhar wrote:My suspicion is that this deal is showing up now due to the fact that many places are anticipating the new Nexus 10 to be announced this evening.

Still a good deal, but it might be worth waiting to see what happens at the Google Play event... if you are looking for "cutting edge".

Updated... Apparently, nothing at all. No livestream for the play event or anything like that. Oh well.

Google made a point of saying, when tonight's event was announced a while back, that there would be no product announcements.

robertbaldwin77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robertbaldwin77

I ordered one of these, or I hope I did. My "Stuff you bought" says I haven't bought anything but I received an order confirmation email. Very strange. I contacted Woot support yesterday and its been more than 24 hours and they haven't responded.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 542 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

robertbaldwin77 wrote:I ordered one of these, or I hope I did. My "Stuff you bought" says I haven't bought anything but I received an order confirmation email. Very strange. I contacted Woot support yesterday and its been more than 24 hours and they haven't responded.

Sorry for the problem. It's possible that the payment was denied after the fact for some reason. CS will get back to you soon. They're a bit buried under email at the moment.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

robertbaldwin77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robertbaldwin77
ThunderThighs wrote:Sorry for the problem. It's possible that the payment was denied after the fact for some reason. CS will get back to you soon. They're a bit buried under email at the moment.

Is there no notification to the buyer when this happens?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 542 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

robertbaldwin77 wrote:Is there no notification to the buyer when this happens?

Currently, our system is to notify only if we have to cancel the order (e.g. run out of inventory). We don't have a system to email when orders fail before they're processed (e.g. payment issues).

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders