kkd01

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kkd01
mtoy wrote:Memory foam tends to get very firm in cooler temperatures. How does the gel type react to cooler temps? We keep our bedroom in the mid-60s during the day and at about 60 at night.

We have both, and they are about the same. Takes a few minutes to warm up.

billthegunowner

quality posts: 15 Private Messages billthegunowner

If I added 3" height to my bed, the fitted sheet would be too small and my comforter would also look too short.

Bill

elitemrp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages elitemrp

I've been looking for a gel topper but several I've found have reviews stating they have fiberglass covers, which is bad.

I guess the fiberglass cover is used as a cheaper fire hard candyant (as apposed to using chemicals)

Anyone know if this is a fiberglass one??

[MOD: No cover on these.]

my woot stats as of 07-25-2013:
www.woot : 65 orders (114 items) | wine.woot : 6 orders (10 items)
shirt.woot : 7 orders (8 items) | sellout.woot :11 orders (22 items)
home.woot : 13 orders (21 items) | tech woot : 2 (2 items)
tools.woot : 3 (5 items)
total woots : 107 orders (182 total items)

cousineaud

quality posts: 43 Private Messages cousineaud
kkd01 wrote:I personally use the gel mattress topper, and we love it. It conforms to your body, no lumps or bumps. Very cozy, very comfy, like sleeping on a cloud. I let mine air out straight out of the box for a day 8-10 hours, then put on. If you have aches and pains like we do, this is definitely a big help, and I can say it makes me sleep sounder.

Glad you enjoy your topper!

cousineaud

elitemrp wrote:I've been looking for a gel topper but several I've found have reviews stating they have fiberglass covers, which is bad.

I guess the fiberglass cover is used as a cheaper fire hard candyant (as apposed to using chemicals)

Anyone know if this is a fiberglass one??

This topper does not have a cover. It is just the foam to be placed directly on your mattress and then you can put the mattress protector or fitted sheet directly on top.

leeannegooding

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leeannegooding

We are thinking about buying one of these for a bed in our camper but the twin is a little too big. Can the memory foam be trimmed to size (understanding, of course, the warranty would be void at that point.)?

cousineaud

MadMontie1 wrote:I'm considering a gel topper and my question is probably an odd one. Ive got an uncomfortable mattress at my ski condo (a bed I sleep on less than 100 nights a year), but my concern is that the bed is actually a Murphy bed, meaning the bed folds up to vertical for storage.

Anyone else think the gel topper would squish up and fall down being stored in this manner? And if so, would it be bad for it?

It wouldn't be bad for the topper and it could be used in this manner. Your flat sheet or mattress cover would hold the topper in place.

cousineaud

leeannegooding wrote:We are thinking about buying one of these for a bed in our camper but the twin is a little too big. Can the memory foam be trimmed to size (understanding, of course, the warranty would be void at that point.)?

The foam can be trimmed to size quite easily. You need a long, straight edge (like a 2x4) use that as a guide. Use an electric knife or sharp blade with some lubrication (like cooking spray) and the foam will cut like a loaf of bread.

Chickaboo1962

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Chickaboo1962

Well, I'm in for the gel topper. Mattress is about 7 years old and could use some updating.

♫♫♫♫♫ Woot♪a♪licious ♫♫♫♫♫

RogerB

quality posts: 4 Private Messages RogerB

Here is my experience, your mileage may vary:
I had a really old mattress. Maybe 25 to 30 years old. I know gross, right.
Anyway I was feeling the springs when I slept. Very uncomfortable. I saw a gel foam topper very similar to this at Sams Club for $100. I bought it. It was very comfortable. Both my wife and I enjoyed it. But, I still felt the springs through the topper, despite its thickness and dense foam. I weigh 185 pounds, so it's not like I am a giant squashing it. My wife joked that I was like the Princess and the Pea since I was so sensitive to something in the mattress. So for my birthday I bought a nice memory foam mattress from SamsClub. I forget the brand, but it was $300 or $400. It was very comfortable in the store and at home. We put the gel foam topper on top of the memory foam mattress thinking it would be extra comfy. However, I think the combined foaminess yielded too much too my weight and I was getting a sore back by the morning. My wife had no issues with the combined mattress and topper. I sleep on my stomach. I ended up taking the topper off and just sleep on the foam mattress, which is comfy, but warm. So, my recommendation would be to buy the gel topper if you have a firm mattress.

derrickj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derrickj

Cousineaud: Please feel free to comment on the differences (if any) between this and the Novaform topper that Costco sells-gel. I have one of those at our ranch and was about to purchase another when I saw this Woot-which is a pretty good deal pricewise compared to the Costco topper. Just curious if you know if there are any differences (density, properties or anything else I should know that would separate these two?). I did recognize that the Costco one "sheds" fairly noticeably (i.e. if you move from one room the other you will look like you should perform in the Blue Man Group).
Thanks!

edit: link to Costco brand:
http://www.costco.com/Novaform%C2%AE-3%22-Gel-Memory-Foam-Mattress-Topper.product.100005476.html

Chickaboo1962

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Chickaboo1962
billthegunowner wrote:If I added 3" height to my bed, the fitted sheet would be too small and my comforter would also look too short.

That's why they sell sheets for deep mattresses...maybe time for an upgrade?

♫♫♫♫♫ Woot♪a♪licious ♫♫♫♫♫

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

edelvillar wrote:What are the package dimensions and gross weight for shipping each of these toppers?
Snausages01 wrote:I'm interested too, specifically the gel queen. Would this pass for carry-on luggage?

From the buyer: depending on the size, the average is 15-20lbs and box size is 15x15x26 at the largest size.

Hope this helps.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

bpolo215

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bpolo215

Well I'm in on this topper as I was a little late on the last offer. I put it in my cart but was too slow to purchase. (Damn you who stole my topper from my cart) anyway I'll let you know in a week or so how it is.

vschaefer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vschaefer

Do either of these toppers come with a cover?

[MOD: No cover.]

cousineaud

derrickj wrote:Cousineaud: Please feel free to comment on the differences (if any) between this and the Novaform topper that Costco sells-gel. I have one of those at our ranch and was about to purchase another when I saw this Woot-which is a pretty good deal pricewise compared to the Costco topper. Just curious if you know if there are any differences (density, properties or anything else I should know that would separate these two?). I did recognize that the Costco one "sheds" fairly noticeably (i.e. if you move from one room the other you will look like you should perform in the Blue Man Group).
Thanks!

edit: link to Costco brand:
http://www.costco.com/Novaform%C2%AE-3%22-Gel-Memory-Foam-Mattress-Topper.product.100005476.html

Our Gel memory foam has the gel infused into the foam so that it does not shed as some of the other gel toppers do. Our gel memory foam is high quality and used in many high end mattresses.

There is not a cover with this foam, but the price is $99.99 vs. $149.99. This is a fabulous deal!

cousineaud

vschaefer wrote:Do either of these toppers come with a cover?

There are no covers with these toppers.

clicious

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clicious

We have a 3-inch memory foam topper that we love! We put a protective sheet on top of it and our bamboo sheet. I love the cold feeling of the bamboo and am wondering if there would be a noticeable difference between our memory foam and the gel topper. Keep in mind there's 2 layers of sheets between us and the topper, any thoughts on how much of a perceivable difference (if any) the gel topper would make?

2vicious

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 2vicious

No chance anyone knows where I can purchase this bed frame from?

mine broke... somehow..

redlyn

quality posts: 3 Private Messages redlyn
diamondhead wrote:I have an expensive foam mattress that is too soft. Is this gel mattress firmer than my foam mattress? I have a bad back.

Mine is over the top of a latex mattress that I hate. The gel topper makes it softer.... kinda cushions your body so you don't get the pressure point aches and pains. I let mine air out 24 hours and couldn't wait to try it then. It was the first night that I slept all night in awhile.

sargiesmom

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sargiesmom

Would it cause any problems with sleeping with a heated blanket?

janablust

quality posts: 0 Private Messages janablust

Which one produces the least chemical fumes? Gel or Memory?
I have bad allergies-like chemical fumes, Glade candles, just walking into Pier One....set off migraines to rashes...I read people "airing it out like 24 hours prior to using a topper"...advice?

cousineaud

sargiesmom wrote:Would it cause any problems with sleeping with a heated blanket?

These can be used with a heated blanket.

cousineaud

janablust wrote:Which one produces the least chemical fumes? Gel or Memory?
I have bad allergies-like chemical fumes, Glade candles, just walking into Pier One....set off migraines to rashes...I read people "airing it out like 24 hours prior to using a topper"...advice?

I am not sure how bad your allergies are, but the fumes are very light and dissipate quickly.

We aired out our topper in a seperate room for 4 hours and then slept on it and I didn't notice any odor.

airhead9349

quality posts: 0 Private Messages airhead9349

Anyone know if it's okay to use the foam topper with an electric heat cover? (not a blanket)
Will it create a strong smell because of the added heat?

celeste91784

quality posts: 8 Private Messages celeste91784
thechanel wrote:Once you put the topper in the cover it comes in and then add bed sheets you can't smell anything. For the gel one anyways.

It doesn't look like these toppers come with covers.

gnstalodz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gnstalodz

Can I cut the gel mattress topper to fit in my truck bed?

peggyrh

quality posts: 1 Private Messages peggyrh

bought regular foam topper last time that did not weigh enough to be 3.5 lb foam (cal king size would be heavy), & returned as defective - those of you that bought the gel topper, do you feel you got the 3.5 density as advertised?

lroux

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lroux

I have 4 cats. If I get a gel topper will I come home from work to find them trapped in a gooey mess like my bed was the local version of the La Brea tar pits?

[edit:] FYI: Just kidding. I know this is a gel/foam mixture not a gel packet.

Brandisheachristian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Brandisheachristian
cousineaud wrote:Hi All, I am with the manufacturer of this product and will be able to answer any questions that you may have. As an overview, these are high quality mattress toppers that use the same memory foam (both gel and standard) that are found in high end mattresses.

Hello. Another person said that their gel pad cracked underneath and there was a response that the foundation of the bed must not have provided enough air flow, which caused the cracking. I currently have an older Select Comfort bed and it's extremely uncomfortable. There are two air filled bags under the fabric topper. If I purchase your gel pad, do you think there will be enough air flow from underneath the pad to prevent cracking?

cousineaud

gnstalodz wrote:Can I cut the gel mattress topper to fit in my truck bed?

Yes, you could.

The foam can be trimmed to size quite easily. You need a long, straight edge (like a 2x4) use that as a guide. Use an electric knife or sharp blade with some lubrication (like cooking spray) and the foam will cut like a loaf of bread.

cousineaud

Brandisheachristian wrote:Hello. Another person said that their gel pad cracked underneath and there was a response that the foundation of the bed must not have provided enough air flow, which caused the cracking. I currently have an older Select Comfort bed and it's extremely uncomfortable. There are two air filled bags under the fabric topper. If I purchase your gel pad, do you think there will be enough air flow from underneath the pad to prevent cracking?

I believe the other person was talking about a mattress they had. Typically a topper can crack or rip if you try to force it open from a compressed state. As long as you let it open on its own, it will not crack.

cousineaud

airhead9349 wrote:Anyone know if it's okay to use the foam topper with an electric heat cover? (not a blanket)
Will it create a strong smell because of the added heat?

Yes, you can use with electic heat covers. It will not cause any smell.

mm20

quality posts: 35 Private Messages mm20

Might I suggest that before asking a duplicate question, please review the posts already here. cousineaud has done a fantastic job of replying to people in a timely manner; chances are your question was asked and answered previously.

The 12 days of crap was just that- crap.

It's funny how when Woot! calls their stuff crap, it's ok, but when *YOU* call it crap, *poof* you get banned. Hypocrites.

chefno2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chefno2

I just purchased a gel topper , but was wondering if they are pet safe?
I am worried about the dogs nails puncturing it , anybody any experience with this... TYIA

miniskunk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages miniskunk
Wootuser3 wrote:What is the return policy if I hate it?
Will it cost me a fortune in return shipping?

Woot doesn't take returns unless it is defective in some way. If you don't like it, consider selling it to a friend or sell on a local bulletin board like Craigslist. As expensive as these are normally, you have little trouble getting back most or all you paid for it.

cousineaud

chefno2 wrote:I just purchased a gel topper , but was wondering if they are pet safe?
I am worried about the dogs nails puncturing it , anybody any experience with this... TYIA

Hi, we have a dog (which is on our bed a lot) and her nails have not punctured the gel. The topper just ends up being an extension of your bed and they are very durable.

srphillippe

quality posts: 1 Private Messages srphillippe
cousineaud wrote:Hi All, I am with the manufacturer of this product and will be able to answer any questions that you may have. As an overview, these are high quality mattress toppers that use the same memory foam (both gel and standard) that are found in high end mattresses.

Hi. what's the antimicrobial agent?

twat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages twat

I hate all the noise that those plastic mattress covers make and I really hate jumping out of bed right afterwards to clean up the mess. Does anyone know how absorbent these things are for those 'trying for a baby' kind of messes?

nlevake

quality posts: 8 Private Messages nlevake
twat wrote:I hate all the noise that those plastic mattress covers make and I really hate jumping out of bed right afterwards to clean up the mess. Does anyone know how absorbent these things are for those 'trying for a baby' kind of messes?

They make a special throw for that purpose..

http://www.amazon.com/Fascinator-10326-Throe-Red-Shag/dp/B003MRVLJC