sthiede

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sthiede

I stayed up hoping for the Big ol' Cornucopia and was disappointed. I saw the vid clicked on it figuring they were going to have some other way to get the Big ol' Cornucopia#39;s away this xmas. I was not disappointed. took me 3x to type in that silly url but it finally worked and I scored for the xmas loots

aeporter427

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aeporter427

Based on the photo, this is the Dyson DC41 Animal (not Animal Complete). The attachments do differ between models, but there is also more suction with the Animal models compared to standard models I believe.

[MOD: All DC41s have 235AW suction]

Bione

quality posts: 28 Private Messages Bione
HarlowPWhitcomb wrote:Bought the very similar DC-25 last year and was somewhat underwhelmed. It's good on carpets and fairly maneuverable, but on hard surfaces, the head is too close to the floor and so large items (bigger crumbs, pet food, etc.) just get pushed around. It's also noisy and is constructed from a lot of plastic parts that look and feel kind of flimsy, even though nothing's broken yet. Two big gripes:
1 - The hose is too short and unwieldy and the attachments aren't very useful (missing my old kenmore with the horsehair brush)
2 - Cord management. Lack Of. The cord wraps around posts on the handle, like just about every other upright. canned vegetables. Expected more from Dyson, but then again these are the people who are trying to sell you a slightly quieter fan for $400.
Bottom line - I'll keep it and make do until it breaks, but wouldn't buy it again.

I've had my DC-25 for about 5 years now. I know what you mean about the plastic, yet surprisingly nothing has broken on mine yet. The major innovation with this model is a longer hose, and automatic carpet/hardwood switching. However, the latter feature won't improve the vacuum's ability to pick up big crumbs. Also, it has even more suction power and is slightly lighter. I'm not sure if this comes with the tangle-proof wand for pet hair. I think that might be the DC-41 Animal only.

Bottom line: if I didn't already have a Dyson, I would definitely consider this. Yes, it's the equivalent of buying an Apple instead of a PC but you're supporting innovation and the products work as advertised.

Dog Face

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dog Face

This deal sucks.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Dog Face wrote:This deal sucks.

Just had to go there, didn't ya?

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

ftmyersbuc

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ftmyersbuc
ThunderThighs wrote:Just had to go there, didn't ya?

Hey TT, is there going to be a discussion thread directly related to the Big ol' Cornucopia You KNOW I like to live vicariously through the recipients when I don't score one!

Thanks!!

fmb

MichXelle

quality posts: 38 Private Messages MichXelle
ubergoober wrote:Looks as this is non-animal DC41 as it doesn't appear to have the animal attachments, such as the Tangle-Free Tool. The tool can be purchased separately for $69 at Amazon: http://amzn.com/B008SH85J0

I have a short haired dog that barely sheds, so I won't be concerned about long hair getting tangled, so this 41 would work well in my case.

Keep in mind that the 41 on here doesn't come with any turbine heads, just the upholstery/stairs non-turbine (as in it doesn't agitate carpet on stairs). Something to consider if you plan on doing stairs with it. I prefer an agitation when doing any carpet. Even the non-tangle turbine is $69, and @ $348 to add on the turbine, you could get a brand new (not refurbed) actual DC41 Animal from Amazon for $50 more: http://amzn.com/B00B61PUT8

We bought the extra tools I think here, for under $50. This is a great price. Overstock is $100 more at their best price ever. Wish we could find a reason to buy another Dyson, we have plenty now with 1 out on loan for 2 years. If you don't have 1 and need it, grab it before it sells out.

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

ThunderThighs

Staff

ftmyersbuc wrote:Hey TT, is there going to be a discussion thread directly related to the Big ol' Cornucopia You KNOW I like to live vicariously through the recipients when I don't score one!

Thanks!!

fmb

I see a thread in World of Woot now... actually two. One for the event and one for the video. My guess is reports of loot will be scattered among these threads.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

ElizardbethWoots

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ElizardbethWoots
sthiede wrote:I stayed up hoping for the Big ol' Cornucopia and was disappointed. I saw the vid clicked on it figuring they were going to have some other way to get the Big ol' Cornucopia#39;s away this xmas. I was not disappointed. took me 3x to type in that silly url but it finally worked and I scored for the xmas loots

Being on mobile prevented me from getting it. I'mma have a for real computer tonight at midnight.

MichXelle

Read about the D-41 at the Dyson site. http://www.dyson.com/vacuum-cleaners/upright/DC41.aspx

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

MichXelle

ElizardbethWoots wrote:Being on mobile prevented me from getting it. I'mma have a for real computer tonight at midnight.

It's nothing to do with mobile. Most customers with fast connections don't have the trigger finger the millisecond they see it. Then do you think the W000T servers really keep track of who got there 1st? I've gotten 3 crappy B0C's in 7 years, all of them before 2010.

billthegunowner

quality posts: 20 Private Messages billthegunowner

I bought one of these (refurb) about a year and half ago from Woot. Couldn't tell it from new. Best vac I've ever owned. I had a question about the attachments and called Dyson - their customer service is excellent. No waiting, and got my question answered immediately. They registered the product for me and gave me an extra 6 month warranty that I ended up not needing.

Bill

jmackinac

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jmackinac
HarlowPWhitcomb wrote:Bought the very similar DC-25 last year and was somewhat underwhelmed. It's good on carpets and fairly maneuverable, but on hard surfaces, the head is too close to the floor and so large items (bigger crumbs, pet food, etc.) just get pushed around. It's also noisy and is constructed from a lot of plastic parts that look and feel kind of flimsy, even though nothing's broken yet. Two big gripes:
1 - The hose is too short and unwieldy and the attachments aren't very useful (missing my old kenmore with the horsehair brush)
2 - Cord management. Lack Of. The cord wraps around posts on the handle, like just about every other upright. canned vegetables. Expected more from Dyson, but then again these are the people who are trying to sell you a slightly quieter fan for $400.
Bottom line - I'll keep it and make do until it breaks, but wouldn't buy it again.

Thank you...finally someone who doesn't have their head too far up their bag of krapp to stick to the actual Woot.

Magiciandude

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Magiciandude

Went ahead and purchased this because it's a great deal for a Dyson, and I don't currently own a vacuum cleaner (just graduated college and moved into my own apartment)...

waterslide

quality posts: 0 Private Messages waterslide

Bought one of these last January and had the two main problems posted to the Amazon reviews. Great suction, excellent features.... hard to stand up. Basically it's suppose to click in the upright position, but on mine, I have to push the handle forward with force before it will lock into upright position. Just last week I was vacuuming and the right wheel fell completely off. The molded plastic for the wheel fell apart... Not one of their best models from what I've been reading. I would pass on this if you'd like an expensive vacuum that lasts.

ftmyersbuc

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ftmyersbuc
ThunderThighs wrote:I see a thread in World of Woot now... actually two. One for the event and one for the video. My guess is reports of loot will be scattered among these threads.

10 4! Danke!

TimTheMagician

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TimTheMagician

Dyson Vacs = Over Rated.
Why do you have to build a vacuum cleaner that looks like it came from the ALIEN toolroom, just to suck up a few dog hairs. Glorified Hoover, I say.

baileyghunt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages baileyghunt

is this the DC41 animal? i didnt see a regular DC41 on their website.

pturner3

quality posts: 4 Private Messages pturner3
sharol wrote:I'm torn on this one. I like the idea of the 5 year warranty directly from Amazon, but it is more than $100 more money (including the tool). My 15 year old Dyson is losing suction and I need a replacement. Hmmm. This one has great reviews at Buy.com and Amazon, and I love the one I have.

Decisions, decisions.

I thought Dysons "Never-loses-suction" just saying...

sthiede

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sthiede

Fastest Big ol' Cornucopia ever ordered Monday got Friday. I got

1x cheap stationary set
1x yellow floral reusable grocery bag
1x Green shirt (plain 3xl)
4x scarves
1x camera bag
1x pack of 8 rechargable AA batteries
1x Ipad case (pink)
1x Ipad/Ipod remote (used)

Thanks WOOT Merry Crapness

sorry almost forgot stats 5.3lb deliverd to Ohio

heyitspeej

quality posts: 0 Private Messages heyitspeej
baileyghunt wrote:is this the DC41 animal? i didnt see a regular DC41 on their website.

Just received mine today in the mail. It is the DC41 Animal and came with three tools.

jriga

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jriga

We got ours in two days flat and it's in horrid condition. It's been sprayed with some kind of sanitizer, but it can't cover up the smell when the canister is open (poop). Not that it matters, the hair and dirt jammed inside the cyclone has scratched the clear canister so badly that it's completely clouded over on the inside. It's the most banged-up looking thing you can imagine. Several nicks out of the cord where it appears to have been sucked up, chunks of plastic missing where it's been rammed in to things, etc. This thing belongs in a dumpster.

We contacted Woot to get some help, but they haven't responded (3rd day now). Honestly can't believe Dyson would ship something like this. And that Woot hasn't responded. Pretty bummed about the whole thing.

If I was buying a Dyson in this condition from eBay or Craigslist, my max bid would be $50.00

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 177 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

jriga wrote:We got ours in two days flat and it's in horrid condition. It's been sprayed with some kind of sanitizer, but it can't cover up the smell when the canister is open (poop). Not that it matters, the hair and dirt jammed inside the cyclone has scratched the clear canister so badly that it's completely clouded over on the inside. It's the most banged-up looking thing you can imagine. Several nicks out of the cord where it appears to have been sucked up, chunks of plastic missing where it's been rammed in to things, etc. This thing belongs in a dumpster.

We contacted Woot to get some help, but they haven't responded (3rd day now). Honestly can't believe Dyson would ship something like this. And that Woot hasn't responded. Pretty bummed about the whole thing.

If I was buying a Dyson in this condition from eBay or Craigslist, my max bid would be $50.00

Please check your email inbox associated with your Woot account, a response has been sent to you by Woot Member Services.

We also recommend that you check the spam folder of your email provider, as sometimes their responses get filtered there.

Thank you for your ongoing patience while they resolved the issue.

jonasskardis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jonasskardis

I posted this in the dyson sale event discussion, and I wanted to put it here too.

I just bought the DC 41 on monday when it was the featured item on the main woot page. I saw all the comments about it not including the tangle free turbine tool, however, the one that I got did include that tool, making it the animal model. My friend ordered one as well so I'll check in with them to see if they received the tool as well.

the vacuum cleaner was sparkling clean and works great. There's a paper that they include with the manuals that explains that you can order a new dustbin if you want.

So far so good!

CephasG

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CephasG

Got mine on time. That was all of the positive experience.
The vacuum died on 3rd use. I am talking to Dyson support tonight to see where that would take me. Very disappointed.

fehron

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fehron

I got mine in a timely manner. It's clean and the motor seems to run as intended, but it's missing the wand. That means you can't wind up the cord as intended and can't use any of the attachments. I sent a message to woot on December 20th and have received no contact other than the generic response that says they are busy and may take up to a week to respond. It's now been seven business days, not counting weekends and holidays and my mom has been unable to use her Christmas present. I called Dyson who was willing to sell me the missing part for $30. I'm hoping woot will make it right, I've always had good experiences with woot.

ThunderThighs

Staff

fehron wrote:I got mine in a timely manner. It's clean and the motor seems to run as intended, but it's missing the wand. That means you can't wind up the cord as intended and can't use any of the attachments. I sent a message to woot on December 20th and have received no contact other than the generic response that says they are busy and may take up to a week to respond. It's now been seven business days, not counting weekends and holidays and my mom has been unable to use her Christmas present. I called Dyson who was willing to sell me the missing part for $30. I'm hoping woot will make it right, I've always had good experiences with woot.

Did you tell Dyson it was received that way? They're usually very good about helping out with warranty issues. You might try again and hope for a different service rep.

The only thing we will be able to offer is a return for refund as we don't have parts.

FORUM MODERATOR

fehron

ThunderThighs wrote:Did you tell Dyson it was received that way? They're usually very good about helping out with warranty issues. You might try again and hope for a different service rep.

The only thing we will be able to offer is a return for refund as we don't have parts.

I did explain that I understood it to be a factory reconditioned purchase and that the part was missing upon being opened. I will call them again and attempt to get some love. If that doesn't work, I feel like woot should credit me the $30 it's gonna take to get the part.
Thanks for your response, ThunderThighs.

fehron

I still have yet to hear from woot except for ThunderThighs response on this forum.
I talked to Dyson again and explained my situation. They again said that they cannot replace the missing part without my purchase of it. They did at least wave shipping and sold me the part for $22.99. So maybe woot will reimburse me that cost rather than dealing with a return and refund. That seems like a better deal for both of us.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 177 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

fehron wrote:I still have yet to hear from woot except for ThunderThighs response on this forum.
I talked to Dyson again and explained my situation. They again said that they cannot replace the missing part without my purchase of it. They did at least wave shipping and sold me the part for $22.99. So maybe woot will reimburse me that cost rather than dealing with a return and refund. That seems like a better deal for both of us.

If you haven't already, I'm sure if you wrote into support@woot.com and explained the fees you encountered they could give you certain options for a solution to the issue you encountered.

I can go ahead and forward your post/comment along to a Woot Member Representative.

Thanks again for your continued patience during this matter.

fehron

ROGETRAY wrote:If you haven't already, I'm sure if you wrote into support@woot.com and explained the fees you encountered they could give you certain options for a solution to the issue you encountered.

I can go ahead and forward your post/comment along to a Woot Member Representative.

Thanks again for your continued patience during this matter.

Should I go ahead and send another message to support@woot.com?

ThunderThighs

Staff

fehron wrote:Should I go ahead and send another message to support@woot.com?

I'll let them know to look for your email and have explained the situation.

FORUM MODERATOR