jzmacdaddy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages jzmacdaddy
SColburn wrote:I am proclaiming Victory!

Jebus. With all that crap, you're either lucky, have no life, or are a cheater. Hope you found better stuff in yours, than the 6 or so I got.

acraigl

quality posts: 38 Private Messages acraigl

Can't stay up until 1am every night. Curse of the east-coasters I guess.

tnettnin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tnettnin

So. I own a kindle. I can't play the video. Really.....

Plug in not supported. Amazon owns woot... makes no sense.

CatCK

quality posts: 50 Private Messages CatCK
Just watch for new videos on Woot.com (popping up at midnight CST) ...

So, does this mean that there's only one video per each day that'll show up at 12:00 CST?

Oh well, unless this runs on the weekends, I'm out of luck. Can't stay up 'til 1:00 am either.

snorkel42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snorkel42
CatCK wrote:So, does this mean that there's only one video per each day that'll show up at 12:00 CST?

Oh well, unless this runs on the weekends, I'm out of luck. Can't stay up 'til 1:00 am either.

Ditto. Wish Woot would change the times throughout the week to give folks in various timezones a fair shake. 1 am is too late for us working East coast Wooters.

dopepeddler

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dopepeddler

Why not make the time random throughout the day. Everyone will be waiting, except me, so good luck with the servers on that one. BTW, has anyone heard of anyone getting a Basket of Cranberries with a big surprise in it like an ipad or gift card. you know like in the good old days before the Amazon Antichrist took over?

cinoclav

quality posts: 220 Private Messages cinoclav

Another woot fail for many of us. Not only is 1 am too late to stay up for during the week (I get up for work at 5:30 am) but even if it showed up during normal hours, youtube is blocked at work (as I'm sure it is at many work sites.) So instead of embracing more modern video technology and giving more of us a chance, woot - you continue your downward spiral.

globalgamble

quality posts: 0 Private Messages globalgamble

i don't get it.. on woot.com they post a video at midnite CST??? then u watch the video, copy down a URL (like you have to write it?) and then try to go to the site to get in? Why so complicated! we are so pathetic to even play those reindeer games!

renrutnairbwoot

quality posts: 6 Private Messages renrutnairbwoot

Guessing the next 11 videos will be spread out over the next 21 nights and not the next 11 nights in a row. Thoughts?

This is definitely going to make me sleep deprived since I get up for work at 4:15 AM and my kids normally have me up at least once throughout the night.

Geethatsgr8

quality posts: 29 Private Messages Geethatsgr8

And here I was, assuming all the stuff they were selling for $1.99 was stuff they'd usually put in the "bags".

Like others on the East coast, the odds of being awake at 1 AM are pretty slim for me.

Geethatsgr8

quality posts: 29 Private Messages Geethatsgr8
acraigl wrote:Can't stay up until 1am every night. Curse of the east-coasters I guess.

I think anyone who has a black triangle AND square deserves a bag o crud, as a reward for their obvious dedication to Woot.

angelsgirl2002

quality posts: 3 Private Messages angelsgirl2002

Sigh. As someone that needs my sleep, and lives on the East Coast, this Midnight Central Time is just going to be impossible for me..oh well.

svengoolie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages svengoolie

Just so I understand the game here... at midnight when it switches to new items, there will be a URL hidden on the page somewhere that we have to go to in order to get the Basket of Cranberries? Is that what you're saying?

bsmith1

quality posts: 102 Private Messages bsmith1
svengoolie wrote:Just so I understand the game here... at midnight when it switches to new items, there will be a URL hidden on the page somewhere that we have to go to in order to get the Basket of Cranberries? Is that what you're saying?

From what I understand, the URL will be in a youtube video every time. This means you can't click it and you can't even copy/paste. Find it in the video, pause, then open a new window/tab and type it exactly as you see it.
Good luck! I have a feeling it will be much tougher to get one (compared to the first day) since the game has been revealed.

bsmith1

The Big ol' Cornucopia page says,
"You can only have ONE Big ol' Cornucopia this week. Duplicate orders will be canceled.
Seriously! Limit one bag per customer! One crapload per wooter! For real! We're crapping you negative!"

Since this Crapmas deal spans 12 days, I could go for another one next week right? Or is that poor form? Could we get a staff ruling?

bsmith1

renrutnairbwoot wrote:Guessing the next 11 videos will be spread out over the next 21 nights and not the next 11 nights in a row. Thoughts?

The video says "12 days in a row".

renrutnairbwoot

bsmith1 wrote:The video says "12 days in a row".

Thanks for pointing that out. I thought I saw/heard something about it being 12 days in a row, but couldn't find it in the write-up for the 12 Bags of Crapmas. Just watched the video again and they do in fact say 12 days in a row.

bsmith1

renrutnairbwoot wrote:Thanks for pointing that out. I thought I saw/heard something about it being 12 days in a row, but couldn't find it in the write-up for the 12 Bags of Crapmas. Just watched the video again and they do in fact say 12 days in a row.

May not be put up at midnight, but I suspect it will because it shows with the new item.

acraigl

Geethatsgr8 wrote:I think anyone who has a black triangle AND square deserves a bag o crud, as a reward for their obvious dedication to Woot.

I award you one unofficial quality post.

renrutnairbwoot

bsmith1 wrote:May not be put up at midnight, but I suspect it will because it shows with the new item.

Guessing it will be at midnight since the write-up says midnight.

"Just watch for new videos on Woot.com (popping up at midnight CST), type in the URL contained therein, and whisk yourself away on a Nutcracker-esque journey of disappointment and frustration."

lynnqotw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lynnqotw

"crapmas" is unnecessarily vulgar and witless and negative. y'all can do better.

bsmith1

lynnqotw wrote:"crapmas" is unnecessarily vulgar and witless and negative. y'all can do better.

Uh...the're giving out crap bags. "Mas" is Spanish for more. So "More Crap" = "Crapmas". I don't see how that's unnecessarily vulgar when it's exactly what it is.

katneedle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages katneedle

missed out

theco2

quality posts: 49 Private Messages theco2
bsmith1 wrote:The Big ol' Cornucopia page says,
"You can only have ONE Big ol' Cornucopia this week. Duplicate orders will be canceled.
Seriously! Limit one bag per customer! One crapload per wooter! For real! We're crapping you negative!"

Since this Crapmas deal spans 12 days, I could go for another one next week right? Or is that poor form? Could we get a staff ruling?

Personally, I think it should be one Basket of Cranberries per Wooter, over the whole 12 days. I mean, it's only fair.

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 117 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

theco2 wrote:Personally, I think it should be one Basket of Cranberries per Wooter, over the whole 12 days. I mean, it's only fair.

Yep, it's only one within the 12 Days. I'll get it changed for tomorrow.

bsmith1

agingdragqueen wrote:Yep, it's only one within the 12 Days. I'll get it changed for tomorrow.

Roger that. This will give my F5ing finger a chance to recoup.

wellgolly

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wellgolly
Just watch for new videos on Woot.com (popping up at midnight CST), type in the URL contained therein, and whisk yourself away on a Nutcracker-esque journey of disappointment and frustration.

I hope Woot's not just planning to put the URL at the end each time.

I love the idea of forcing countless people to watch the entire thing, JUST IN CASE.

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 117 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

wellgolly wrote:I hope Woot's not just planning to put the URL at the end each time.

I love the idea of forcing countless people to watch the entire thing, JUST IN CASE.

I certainly hope we will not be predictable with it!

theco2

quality posts: 49 Private Messages theco2
bsmith1 wrote:Roger that. This will give my F5ing finger a chance to recoup.

Why do I picture several people having an F5 key that has the writing completely worn off?

Woody1150

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Woody1150
globalgamble wrote:i don't get it.. on woot.com they post a video at midnite CST??? then u watch the video, copy down a URL (like you have to write it?) and then try to go to the site to get in? Why so complicated! we are so pathetic to even play those reindeer games!

They have had to resort to all these "games" to avoid bots from grabbing them for people all the time.

mooglie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mooglie

you bet! he's my husband and can say what he wants

sadeer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sadeer

Dear Woot:

I have been buying items from woot for a long time (since woot 1.0, I think). I am very disappointed to see you play on words by using the word Christmas and calling it Crapmas. The word you are replacing is Christ which is the reason for our existence and our ultimate hope. I wish you reconsider and use a different word.

Woody1150

sadeer wrote:Dear Woot:

I have been buying items from woot for a long time (since woot 1.0, I think). I am very disappointed to see you play on words by using the word Christmas and calling it Crapmas. The word you are replacing is Christ which is the reason for our existence and our ultimate hope. I wish you reconsider and use a different word.

I think I would have to agree.

With all the political correctness in the world, it's gotten to the point that we have to say, "Happy Holidays" or "Seasons Greetings" because apparently it is offensive to some people to use the word "Christmas".

Now on top of not even being able to use the word, it's going to get "crapped" on?

Why not call it "Christmas Crap"?

Dissonance

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Dissonance

While you might find this offensive, I'm sure many people don't. Also, many don't share your beliefs.

My mother and my wife are both main-line protestant ministers and I grew up, and still am, a Christian. However, Woot!'s marketing doesn't bother me.

Now, if you want to make the argument that Woot! shouldn't belittle any religion, you'd probably get a larger support group, but I'd argue that many other retailers have already crossed that line.

Poor marketing? Probably. Worth complaining about? Maybe. Is it going to change anything? Doubtful.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with you. I'm just avoiding work and pointing out the futility of your complaint.

Merry Christmas!

sadeer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sadeer
Dissonance wrote:While you might find this offensive, I'm sure many people don't. Also, many don't share your beliefs.

My mother and my wife are both main-line protestant ministers and I grew up, and still am, a Christian. However, Woot!'s marketing doesn't bother me.

Now, if you want to make the argument that Woot! shouldn't belittle any religion, you'd probably get a larger support group, but I'd argue that many other retailers have already crossed that line.

Poor marketing? Probably. Worth complaining about? Maybe. Is it going to change anything? Doubtful.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with you. I'm just avoiding work and pointing out the futility of your complaint.

Merry Christmas!

I just felt that woot.com might be interested in what one of their long time customers think. I take offense to it you might not, but Woot writers are defiantly talented enough to make humorous and non-offensive title for their marketing that would make a majority of us happy.

bsmith1

I've only been here since '09 and I've bought at least 4 times as much you have.
I think "Crapmas" is hilarious and I'll continue to buy more from woot than you do. I wonder if ANY online retailer celebrates Christmas for the namesake reason... Just because they're calling it a "Christmas" sale doesn't mean they are really selling stuff in Christ's name.

Edit: math fail

Woody1150

bsmith1 wrote:I've only been here since '09 and I've bought at least 4 times as much you have.

You really do take that status of "Being better than everyone else" to heart don't you.

acraigl

sadeer wrote:I just felt that woot.com might be interested in what one of their long time customers think. I take offense to it you might not, but Woot writers are defiantly talented enough to make humorous and non-offensive title for their marketing that would make a majority of us happy.

Seems (to me) that Christmas has very little to do with Christ at this point outside of a few manger scenes as holiday decorations.

No offense intended, but sales and marketing has overshadowed any religious meaning from my perspective.

FWIW, and in the interest of fairness, I was also not offended by the phrase "Thanksgivikah" coined this year due to the 2 events coinciding on the same day.

bsmith1

Woody1150 wrote:...apparently it is offensive to some people to use the word "Christmas"...

It's not that "Merry Christmas" is offensive, it's just not very inclusive. If you were selling goods or services on a national or global stage, wouldn't you want to include as many potential customers as possible in your well wishes? "Seasons Greetings" or "Happy Holidays" are far more inclusive because they aren't directed as one particular group of customers. The retailers just don't want to alienate anybody so they wish everyone a Happy Holidays! Would you rather they ignore the rest of the world and only cater to Christians?

bsmith1

Woody1150 wrote:You really do take that status of "Being better than everyone else" to heart don't you.

You bet! The box don't lie!