Qiset

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Qiset

Something "sinister" about no Left-handed clubs. The three golfers in my family are all Left-handed.

jmackinac

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jmackinac

I considered buying this set of clubs, but every other set I look at comes with a 3 iron. The price is right but the set feels incomplete.

ckeener538

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ckeener538

Anyone know if these are stiff flex shafts? I'm in if they are.

EDIT: I went to buy it and there it is in daunting clarity..."flex: regular". So disappointing.

noles4life002

quality posts: 5 Private Messages noles4life002
jmackinac wrote:I considered buying this set of clubs, but every other set I look at comes with a 3 iron. The price is right but the set feels incomplete.

The lofts are skewed on the RBZ's. The 4 irons have the loft of a traditional 3 iron. Marketing at it's finest to get an extra 15 yards out of every club. Don't let the lack of a 3 iron hold you up, let the lack of stiff shafts hold you up. 4-iron is a 20 degree loft. Below 20 degree loft and you should be hitting a wood/hybrid.

Lofts

winabis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages winabis

The first line under features:
Also available: RBZ HP Stiff Flex Irons and RBZ Max Irons for sale HERE

brtyler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brtyler
axpcrow12 wrote:Is there any chance of LH clubs ever being on woot?

I was going to ask the same question. If these were left handed I would have bought.

davidallen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davidallen

The name of the sales program is offensive! I will not be Wooting until your "Days of ..." campaign is changed. Sorry, but that is over the line.

bsmith1

quality posts: 103 Private Messages bsmith1
davidallen wrote:The name of the sales program is offensive! I will not be Wooting until your "Days of ..." campaign is changed. Sorry, but that is over the line.

What does the song "12 days of Christmas" have to do with religion? Woot's "12 days of Crapmas" is just a play on the song, but with crappy items.

billthegunowner

quality posts: 15 Private Messages billthegunowner

Nobody uses a 3-iron anymore? I use mine when I need to clear low branches. Then again, if I kept the ball in the fairway, that wouldn't normally be a problem.

Bill

billthegunowner

quality posts: 15 Private Messages billthegunowner
Qiset wrote:Something "sinister" about no Left-handed clubs. The three golfers in my family are all Left-handed.

Something isn't "right" in your family

Bill

brianaw26

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brianaw26

http://www.woot.com/offers/taylormade-rbz-max-iron-set-rh-or-lh-5

Left handed clubs

steviethev03

quality posts: 15 Private Messages steviethev03
billthegunowner wrote:Nobody uses a 3-iron anymore? I use mine when I need to clear low branches. Then again, if I kept the ball in the fairway, that wouldn't normally be a problem.

Most people, especially those that are buying these clubs, have traded in the longer irons for hybrids. They're much easier to hit.

Also, as previously mentioned, the loft on the 4-iron 20degrees in this set is the same as most normal 3-irons.

Looking at it, you get 4-PW and an 'Approach' wedge. Basically the same as a 3-PW set from another manufacturer.

alrey

quality posts: 4 Private Messages alrey
tking24 wrote:Same clubs on moofi for cheaper? Only difference seems to be open box.

http://moofi.woot.com/offers/taylormade-rbz-hp-iron-set-4-pw-aw-rh-7

The ones on Moofi are "Stiff", the ones on Woot are "Regular".

steviethev03

An OK deal for new irons. I've seen better sets of irons for similar prices, but not in this category.

These fit into the "Super Game Improvement" category of irons. They're designed for the high-handicapper, someone who struggles getting the ball up into the air with irons, hitting it consistently, hitting shots fat/thin, and/or someone who has a big slice.

The top line of the irons is pretty thick, the face / head is large, and the sole is pretty wide. These features can inspire confidence in players and help provide consistency. Bigger face = larger sweet spot (or more forgiveness) = shots that missed a little on the face fly similar distances and directs. The sole is wider to prevent it from digging into the turf, so if you make "turf first" contact, the club sort of 'bounces' and contacts the ball without 'chunking.'

Taylormade has a specific shaft that's paired with with these irons. They are a pretty light 85g shaft that launches the ball high. The lighter shaft aids in getting swing speed up a little promoting more distance. The fact that it's a high-launching shaft helps the ball get up in the air, something that high-handicappers tend to struggle with. Oh, and the shaft on the AW is slightly heavier at 105g.

The clubs have a lot of offset - the leading edge of the face is behind the shaft. Offset moves the center of gravity of the clubhead, helping golfers who slice to square it at impact. In addition, the offset gives a bit more time to square the club face at impact, again, helping those who slice.

As previously noted, these clubs have some pretty strong lofts. They are about a club stronger that the irons that I play - the 4-iron from this set has the same loft as my 3-iron. Naturally, you'll hit each club a lot longer than you're used to. Unfortunately, you'll have to fill the gaps on both sides of the irons appropriately; maybe with a 17 degree hybrid and a 14 degree wood, or something similar on the low end. Looks like the PW is 45 degrees, and the AW is 50 degrees, so you'd want 54 and 58 degree wedges perhaps. Just something to think about.

Also, if you do purchase these irons, please bring them to a fitter for a proper fitting. They can adjust the length and lie angle to fit your swing. This makes as big of a difference as just having new irons. Standard lie/length doesn't fit everyone. Even if you have been playing standard for a while, it's worth it to make sure it's still a good fit for you.

steviethev03

Oh, and the thing about stiff vs. regular flex shafts is that the stiffness of the shaft correlates to your swing speed and ability to 'load' the shaft. Basically, you want to play the most flexible shaft that you can control. Benefits being that you'll get increased distance from the shaft flexing and releasing through impact. If you find yourself spraying the ball all over the place, you might also benefit from a stiffer shaft - reason being that the less flex in the shaft means that there is less possibility for the club head to be significantly open or closed at impact (slice or hook) There are different categories of shaft stiffness, and each vary by manufacturer, but basically:

Extra-Stiff - Really low handicappers, pros, etc. Those that can routinely and consistantly drive the ball around 280+ yards, or prefer a slightly stiffer shaft. Usually those with a driver swing speed of 110mph +

Stiff - mid/low handicappers that can drive the ball 230-275 with a driver swing speed between 95-110mph.

Regular - high/mid handicappers that drive the ball 200-240 with a driver swing speed 80-95mph.

Senior - People who have really low swing speeds that need the extra flex from the shaft to aid in distance

Women's - Women generally have a low swing speed, so these shafts have flex that correlates to that.

All of this being said, there is no 'real' way of telling what shaft you need unless you go to a fitter. They will use technology to determine your swing speed, club head speed, launch angle, spin rates, etc. to aid in selecting the appropriate shaft for your game.

Also, there are no set standard for shaft stiffness, so one manufacturer's stiff shaft may be closer to a regular flex from another. Most are in the same ballpark, but worth noting.

slinkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slinkey

you are only allowed to have one during the 12 days... and I see from your post yesterday that you already got one. I trust woot is handling this. I just have to wonder what happens to the second Big ol' Cornucopia A shame it does not go to someone who was on the waiting list.

rogersjf wrote:So it took 6 years to get a Bag of Crocodiles now i just got a second what !!!! 2 for 2

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 126 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

rogersjf wrote:So it took 6 years to get a Bag of Crocodiles now i just got a second what !!!! 2 for 2

You're only allowed one during the 12 days, so your second will be cancelled & refunded shortly.

slinkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slinkey

hehehe... I see what you did there!

Qiset wrote:Something "sinister" about no Left-handed clubs. The three golfers in my family are all Left-handed.

jon98gn

quality posts: 21 Private Messages jon98gn

LEFT HANDED WOOT!

Already mentioned
http://www.woot.com/offers/taylormade-rbz-max-iron-set-rh-or-lh-5

Woot! Plus last week that you missed out on
http://sport.woot.com/plus/golf-things-fore-you

\

krossout

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krossout

why never left handed??
Jesus was left handed
so is Phil Mickelson

rehoch2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rehoch2

Grips included?

impaul4

quality posts: 8 Private Messages impaul4

Riveting tale chap!

ElizardbethWoots

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ElizardbethWoots
bsmith1 wrote:What does the song "12 days of Christmas" have to do with religion? Woot's "12 days of Crapmas" is just a play on the song, but with crappy items.

YES.

MicHaywood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MicHaywood

been wanting these clubs for a long time now! but no love for the left handers??? dang it!

chopwood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chopwood
jmackinac wrote:I considered buying this set of clubs, but every other set I look at comes with a 3 iron. The price is right but the set feels incomplete.

I would not let that stop you. I got these at a much higher price as a Christmas present last year...would not trade them. Just pick up a hybrid for that 3iron that no one ever hits...or hits well.

conte1990

quality posts: 0 Private Messages conte1990

Just wondering when my order will ship? It has been over the 8 business days and have not seen any update to the shipping status

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

conte1990 wrote:Just wondering when my order will ship? It has been over the 8 business days and have not seen any update to the shipping status

We apologize for the delayed response and shipment of these orders.

The current tracking on these orders isn't working.

Please check your Private Messages (the "envelope" at the top right of the forums) as I have sent you some updated information.