cangelil

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cangelil
shadow7118 wrote:Will this speaker set work okay with my Sony STR-DH720 7.1-Channel 3D A/V Receiver??

I've had the Sony Receiver, but have been looking for a set of speakers which I just purchased.. but I didn't realize this was a Powered Sub till now?? (I assume the Sony Receiver was already powered?)

Thanks for any info you can offer.

The subwoofer channel (.1 channel) is not powered on a 7.1 receiver. It is designed to have a powered subwoofer (like the SCS145.5BK) connected to it via the included subwoofer cable. This system should be a great match. I hope you enjoy it.

zadriel

quality posts: 8 Private Messages zadriel
cangelil wrote:The reviews are probably referring to a closeout of the older SCS145.5 system which was a silver finish. A check of current pricing for this model will show this Woot as a tremendous value.

Nice but no. The reviews are for this very model. Most who list a price list that they got it on sale for 150

shadow7118

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shadow7118
cangelil wrote:The subwoofer channel (.1 channel) is not powered on a 7.1 receiver. It is designed to have a powered subwoofer (like the SCS145.5BK) connected to it via the included subwoofer cable. This system should be a great match. I hope you enjoy it.

Thank You for the information cangelil.. Much Appreciated.. -j

szapinski

quality posts: 1 Private Messages szapinski

People who ordered please post feedback on how it sounds. Just want to know what others think.

dloubriel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dloubriel

I purchased TWO of these and we can not get them to work properly with the wires it comes with. Its almost like the wires are meant for the speakers only and nothing for the sub. This was a Christmas gift and no one from Woot has returned any response for us too return them. We had to get 2 replacements in a better name brand at Best Buy because of no response from WOOT.

charper3219

quality posts: 0 Private Messages charper3219
szapinski wrote:People who ordered please post feedback on how it sounds. Just want to know what others think.

I asked my wife to buy me these for Christmas and I just set them up. I purchased the Sony 720 (?) receiver and some 16 gauge speaker wire yesterday. This my first system in a downstairs TV room approximately 20x30 feet.

It took me a while to set it up and figure out how to configure. If you have had a system or know what you are doing it wouldn't take that long.

The sound for this size room is pretty good. What I had hoped for. I am watching football right now and I am very pleased with the purchase.

I did not use the speaker wire that came with the speakers. It looked thin and I wanted to spend a little more money to make the system be as efficient as it could.