lemmr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lemmr
Yzzim wrote:Add to cart function STILL doesn't work.

Woot fail.

doesn't work for me either....was just trying to buy a shirt

Margaret Roefs

shoshanaz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages shoshanaz
cymbalmonkey wrote:So I have a question about the heated comforter (and /not/ the Bandoleer of Carrots).

Is this thing the kind of gross-sweaty heat? What does the fabric feel like (is it scratchy like the lower price level Ikea comforters or is it really nice and smooth and soft?)

And is it weighted due to the heating wires? I've got really bad anxiety and heavy blankets make me feel comfortable at night, so I like burying myself in several of them. I'd love to replace one of my old comforters with a heated one, though.

And... does the remote detach from the comforter? I've got a Sunbeam heated blanket that works with a removable remote/power cable and I like it a lot.

It detaches from the cord. Plugs into the comforter at the foot end. It IS heavy. If you don't like heavy, don't get this. It is not particularly soft. Rather like sized cotton, and a bit noisy when you move around. We haven't used it but a month - works for now-- or washed it, so I don't know how long it will last. We mostly use it to pre-warm the bed. I often turn it off just after I get under it, and stay warm enough. It has a 2, 6 or 10 hour auto timer-- dumb. It should have been selectable to any number.

ronboy72

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ronboy72

Great deal! You have to choose a size first to click the yellow button! Click and be warm! Baby its cold outside!!!!!!!!!!

2000se

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 2000se
shoshanaz wrote:It detaches from the cord. Plugs into the comforter at the foot end. It IS heavy. If you don't like heavy, don't get this. It is not particularly soft. Rather like sized cotton, and a bit noisy when you move around. We haven't used it but a month - works for now-- or washed it, so I don't know how long it will last. We mostly use it to pre-warm the bed. I often turn it off just after I get under it, and stay warm enough. It has a 2, 6 or 10 hour auto timer-- dumb. It should have been selectable to any number.

I also have the queen size with dual controllers. I can agree with the above. I feel like it is medium heavy and maybe the equivalent of 250 thread count. That being said, it is over our nice sheets so thats really not an issue.

Ours (not sure about others) has NO cold spots. As for it being white, and you want it heavier, put it in a duvet. I don't know how long it will last but quite honestly, I like it. Use the preheat setting while getting ready for bed, then push it to low for a few hours. Plenty for us.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 96 Private Messages radi0j0hn
hobbitus wrote:I have purchased, in the last 3 years, many, many sunbeam heated throws, heated mattress pad, electric blankets....as gifts...and they all are crap....they are wonderful...for a short while..but the warranty is usually a year or less and you are lucky to get a year out of them. snow on Sunbeam...once a trusted name...now just garbage made in China....oh and don't bother trying to wash or clean them, even though it says you can...no matter how kindly you wash them, by hand, gently or even in barely warm water..it is likely you will have just killed it

Sorry to have to agree. Another "licensed" product hiding under a once good name.

I had the exact same experience with their heated mattress pad. Died after one year and another died after washing. Are there any decent ones out there?

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

mccombd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mccombd

I wish they had in king size!

mccombd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mccombd
radi0j0hn wrote:Sorry to have to agree. Another "licensed" product hiding under a once good name.

I had the exact same experience with their heated mattress pad. Died after one year and another died after washing. Are there any decent ones out there?

Radi0J0hn, Why do you continue to buy "many,many" when they are all "crap"?

jmzombro

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jmzombro

I'll give you a ditto as we've shared your experiences and with heating pads as well. I try to find them cheap enough that they are essentially disposable. Not sure that is the case on this item.

hobbitus wrote:I have purchased, in the last 3 years, many, many sunbeam heated throws, heated mattress pad, electric blankets....as gifts...and they all are crap....they are wonderful...for a short while..but the warranty is usually a year or less and you are lucky to get a year out of them. snow on Sunbeam...once a trusted name...now just garbage made in China....oh and don't bother trying to wash or clean them, even though it says you can...no matter how kindly you wash them, by hand, gently or even in barely warm water..it is likely you will have just killed it

nicbarajas

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nicbarajas

Is this able to use standard duvets, or do they require you to purchase one specifically for this?

grush1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages grush1

I bought one of these last time around. It works well, maybe too well. Here in Northern Michigan with the heat turned down to 65 and below 0 air seeping in through some of the windows it's warm even on low. It is pretty thick and warm even turned off. I would probably not buy it unless you live in a cold climate. Otherwise a thinner blanket or pad would probably be better.

aherron

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aherron

Safari worked no problem.

glenasmith

quality posts: 5 Private Messages glenasmith

I got one of the heated throws a couple years ago and it has been fine. We don't use it all the time, and often just use it to heat up (her side of) the bed before getting in.

It has made it through the wash a couple times and still works.

I don't understand the complaints about it being white being a problem. First, you have sheets between you and this blanket. Second, if it's cold enough to need the electric blanket, aren't you going to have more than one blanket? Don't you already have a top cover / spread / comforter / duvet something 'pretty' that you can put over top of it?

Sure eventually it is going to need washing, but it ain't like it needs to be done once a week.

In for 2 Twins and a Queen (wish they had Kings, but the Queen should at least cover the top surface of the bed, the regular blanket will still hang down the sides.)

parallaxreality

quality posts: 2 Private Messages parallaxreality
nicbarajas wrote:Is this able to use standard duvets, or do they require you to purchase one specifically for this?

I've got a standard duvet cover on mine and it's perfect.
My girlfriend got one of these the last time around and brought it over to my place. I have a recently insulated apartment - top two floors of a rather old tiny house - but only a gas heater on the first floor. It'll be a balmy 70 downstairs but much chillier upstairs. Not good airflow, I guess. Anyway, she was always freezing when she slept over so we put this comfie comforter on the bed and it's perfect. I especially like that there are two controllers and I can set my side to low and she can have hers much higher. Works well for us. Can't speak to the longevity of it but I do have a little sunbeam electric throw that's lasted about 3 winters now.

tammy8395

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tammy8395

We purchased a queen size the last time Woot offered this item. It has worked great for us. We use it between the bedspread and the sheets so it never actually touches our bodies. The fabric is smooth and I don't notice any of the crackly sound someone mentioned. It heats up very quickly and evenly.

The cord is detachable for washing. Make sure when you plug it in that you get the controls to the correct sides of the bed! One time after making the bed, I accidentally flipped the comforter over. The next cold night, I was freezing and cranking my controls up and up while hubby was roasting on his side and turning his controls down. The next morning I realized that due to the switch, I was controlling his side of the bed and he was controlling mine. Believe me, I am very careful about that now!

If Woot ever offers this in King size, I will be in for another.

Yzzim

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Yzzim
aherron wrote:Safari worked no problem.

I'm on my iphone on my workplace wifi and can't add to cart. That pretty much eliminates any user/connection issues. This is obviously a (very costly!) Woot issue. Think of all the orders that can't be placed.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

We are aware that some of you are experiencing ordering and other issues and we apologize for this. We will let you know as soon as it's fixed.

It sounds like people are able to order on mobile devices so you might try that if you can.

Some are also having luck with clearing out their temp/cache files on their browser.

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

tenorman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tenorman

Forget the lumpy electric blanket and get a low-voltage electric mattress pad! These haven't changed since the 80's and still have thick wires in the blanket. I have been using a Soft Heat mattress pad for the past three years and my girlfriend loves it. The warmth comes from below, which is perfect for relaxing a tight back, and since it is dual-zone we can each chose the temperature for our side. Sold.

izd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages izd

Yar, Woot fix your javascrapt errors so I can buy stuff! I see JS errors in FireFox, Internetz Exploder, and Chrome.

Yzzim

ThunderThighs wrote:We are aware that some of you are experiencing ordering and other issues and we apologize for this. We will let you know as soon as it's fixed.

It sounds like people are able to order on mobile devices so you might try that if you can.

Some are also having luck with clearing out their temp/cache files on their browser.

Does NOT work for me on my phone using Safari.

tjcusick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tjcusick

Add to cart function STILL doesn't work.

Woot fail.

izd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages izd
tjcusick wrote:Add to cart function STILL doesn't work.

Woot fail.

Should be working now, I just ordered an item off of Sellout. Try clearing cookies/cache or do a hard refresh. http://wiki.scratch.mit.edu/wiki/Hard_Refresh

hellcatsclawset

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hellcatsclawset

It will not let me purchase it. I tried as a guest and by signing in. I can click the button forever and it never adds it to the cart.

Diana Boiko

hellcatsclawset

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hellcatsclawset
izd wrote:Should be working now, I just ordered an item off of Sellout. Try clearing cookies/cache or do a hard refresh. http://wiki.scratch.mit.edu/wiki/Hard_Refresh

Clearing cookies doesn't work.

Diana Boiko

r0ksana

quality posts: 8 Private Messages r0ksana
I absolutely hate getting out of bed in the morning when it was cold. I feel that this would make it so tempting to hit snooze more than I already do, and make me late for work.

This is exactly what my current heated blanket does to me. Then the cat ninjas in, and takes my sleeping spot. Little inky bastard.

Dickcissel49

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dickcissel49

The controller pictured is the X85/X85A Sunbeam controller. That controller rocks if it is the one that actually comes with the comforter. You can program it to preheat at a certain time. Much better than other so-called pre-heat controllers that you have to start manually.

cymbalmonkey

quality posts: 10 Private Messages cymbalmonkey
tenorman wrote:Forget the lumpy electric blanket and get a low-voltage electric mattress pad! These haven't changed since the 80's and still have thick wires in the blanket. I have been using a Soft Heat mattress pad for the past three years and my girlfriend loves it. The warmth comes from below, which is perfect for relaxing a tight back, and since it is dual-zone we can each chose the temperature for our side. Sold.

If you're a stomach sleeper who usually completely forgoes pillows, doesn't a matress pad just feel wildly uncomfortable on your face?

Still really tempted to go in for one... I've got my sunbeam throw from Costco on right now.

Does this thing make you sweaty if you use it with no sheets? Or is it really uncomfortable without sheets?

I'm going to stop asking questions, I swear.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

pertifly

quality posts: 5 Private Messages pertifly

Same with us, we had a nice electric blanket with two controllers that we barely ever used (We live in Texas), gently washed it (per directions), dead. We had it for 2-3 winters and maybe used it 15 times.

chardonay

quality posts: 29 Private Messages chardonay

it says 'like down' but it doesn't say what it's filled with other than wire, and it doesn't say what the outter shell is made from. Any more info Thunderthighs??

What Contemptible Scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch??

Katmandoo122

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Katmandoo122
nicbarajas wrote:Is this able to use standard duvets, or do they require you to purchase one specifically for this?

Yes, most duvets covers will fit over this. I think it's 86 inches for the queen and queen duvets are usually 89 or 90 inches. Bought one last time, stopped at BB&B and picked up a duvet cover. Works great.

what is a signature?

ScottFromWyoming

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ScottFromWyoming
radi0j0hn wrote:Sorry to have to agree. Another "licensed" product hiding under a once good name.

We got the Sunbeam heated throw a couple of years ago. Wife wishes I'd gotten a couple more. Used a lot, washed many times. We hang it to dry but no problems at all.

===========

The Woot write-up says "all the warmth of a luxury down comforter without the heavy weight and bulkiness"

So, I have a down comforter. It's not heavy. And the bulk is what makes it so warm, right?

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 96 Private Messages radi0j0hn
mccombd wrote:Radi0J0hn, Why do you continue to buy "many,many" when they are all "crap"?

Try reading the post again. The original poster bought "many, many." I bought a second one after the first died after one year. Both off-season sales for $19.95.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 17 Private Messages daveinwarshington

I'm gonna wait for the propane version to come out.

Yzzim

Add to cart works now. Thanks Woot.

doubleks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages doubleks
jibal wrote:"shame" is profanity?

I'm not sure which is funnier. That "that word" is profanity or that they used snow to replace it. Snow has several connotations you know. :P

cymbalmonkey

quality posts: 10 Private Messages cymbalmonkey

Decided to go for it. Even if I don't like the heat, it's still pretty cheap for a comforter, especially if it's weighted from the wiring. And Amazon reviews say it's like 'sleeping in a big fluffy cloud'.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

hobbitus

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hobbitus
hobbitus wrote:I have used them...and they are nice when they work..but...they can have cold or dead spots....until they are 6 months to a year old and then they just quit working.

Yes, I have used the heated blanket, throws, and bed covers...same story.. they are great for awhile...but don't last worth a damn. And I can't seem to get it to reproduce..snow on Sunbeam..it comes out "snow"???? what is that all about???

hobbitus

radi0j0hn wrote:

Sorry to have to agree. Another "licensed" product hiding under a once good name.

I don't know if there are any decent ones left. I haven't experimented with Biddeford..there aren't many choices. Even bought an expensive one from Macy's...same garbage. I have neuropathy in legs and heat feels so good, getting into bed. Can't find a good product though...it is all garbage made in China..doesn't last.

hobbitus

mccombd wrote:

Radi0J0hn, Why do you continue to buy "many,many" when they are all "crap"? I DON'T CONTINUE TO BUY THEM!!!!!!!!!!!! duh..I purchased them for family and friends for gifts. They all had same results. I enjoyed mine so much initially, I ordered others as gifts.

hobbitus

radi0j0hn wrote:

Try reading the post again. The original poster bought "many, many." I bought a second one after the first died after one year. Both off-season sales for $19.95. As I mentioned..I bought several for me and for gifts before I found out they were garbage...I liked them initially...Please don't take me to task for my wording...I am just trying to share I have had bad experience with Sunbeam products.

hobbitus

mccombd wrote:Radi0J0hn, Why do you continue to buy "many,many" when they are all "crap"?

When I initially bought them...I liked them...so I bought many others for friends and family...BEFORE I FOUND OUT THEY WERE GARBAGE..