maraquin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages maraquin
ROGETRAY wrote:We had it on another site...

ugh...curse you Facebook link - checked too late because I was staring mournfully at batteries. double sad face

tmmurphy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tmmurphy
ROGETRAY wrote:We had it on another site...

And we hear it was unavailable as soon as many saw the post on FB...
Like, as soon as it was posted.
Sheesh, now I'm sounding like sour monkees!

MrWalrus3

quality posts: 2 Private Messages MrWalrus3

Sorry woot, but could care less when it is on facebook.

censura

quality posts: 0 Private Messages censura

Boy, do I feel stupid for going to Woot.com for the best parts of woot. Next time, I'll go off site to some other social networking app on the off chance woot will be trying to get attention there. Today Facebook. Maybe tomorrow it is Vine. The day after that Myspace, in a fit of hipster irony.

Because everybody knows, feeding random social media mavens is sooo much smarter than rewarding your core customers. You can tell this is true by how many ooos I put on so. Also because you suck.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 155 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

thebuggalo wrote:You only post it on Twitter though. Not every wooter uses Twitter, which makes it impossible for us to have a chance at it. Usually there is a secret clue on the actual Woot site. Using only a third party site to promote the Brigadier of Carolling is a pretty disappointing way to celebrate this tradition. Very disappointed in Woot and don't think I'll bother sticking around for next year.

We also had it on Accessories and our Facebook page.

Can't we mix it up every once in awhile ;)

kkbass

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kkbass
thebuggalo wrote:You only post it on Twitter though. Not every wooter uses Twitter, which makes it impossible for us to have a chance at it. Usually there is a secret clue on the actual Woot site. Using only a third party site to promote the Brigadier of Carolling is a pretty disappointing way to celebrate this tradition. Very disappointed in Woot and don't think I'll bother sticking around for next year.

Agreed, totally disappointed! Lump of coal for you Woot!

mjkane1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mjkane1

Scored one! It was under Accessories & Watches people, under the handbags ;)

...Did I just buy that?

hoffmanbike

quality posts: 7 Private Messages hoffmanbike

very disappointed in you woot. no prior warning that it was going to be on facebook or twitter. you're a naughty website this year and santa won't be bringing you any of my money for you to unwrap beneath the amazon tree of companies tomorrow.

15 craps and counting.

scifiak

quality posts: 3 Private Messages scifiak

This is a good deal. It works out a great time too, because I have to start replacing some of the batteries that I use in some of the devices that I received in past "Big-sacks 0F Cr@p".

I can use them in my "Leap Frog" alarms, as well as one of those fire alarms that let you record your own voice to wake up your children in case of a fire.

I hope w00ters have a Wonderful and Very Merry Christmas and a Very Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year!!

Golfmom

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Golfmom
malingjc wrote:Well dagnabit!

CRAP!!

mandren

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mandren

Yeah, its been brought up many times. They dont care.

tsperik

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tsperik

All the folks who are "loyal" Woot fans who are complaining about there being no Santa's Sack this year must not like Woot on Facebook.

n2johnson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages n2johnson

Hiding it in a twitter and facebook? underwear! I'm done with this site for awhile! It was gone in seconds...never used to be this way. Woot founders are rolling in their graves....that is if they're dead...if they aren't then they're just rolling in their money!

pepsiwine

quality posts: 3 Private Messages pepsiwine

Got my B0x 0f Chr1stmas - in for 3!

Thanks Woot! I like the new system of hiding the B0Cs. Gives REAL people a chance to buy one!

pound30

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pound30

Sucks no Brigadier of Carolling on the main site and I don't facebook. Just disappointed sort of. However I did think right before this how much I needed batteries so it was good in a way. Guess I have my first sucker.

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1069 Private Messages whatsamattaU

So Rogetray, you're the designated complaints department person tonight? Sorry to hear that. I figured something would be up, but I looked in the wrong places. Merry Christmas to you, the rest of the staff, and to the woot-world!

circusninja

quality posts: 8 Private Messages circusninja

You broke my heart woot.

thebuggalo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thebuggalo
censura wrote:Boy, do I feel stupid for going to Woot.com for the best parts of woot. Next time, I'll go off site to some other social networking app on the off chance woot will be trying to get attention there. Today Facebook. Maybe tomorrow it is Vine. The day after that Myspace, in a fit of hipster irony.

Because everybody knows, feeding random social media mavens is sooo much smarter than rewarding your core customers. You can tell this is true by how many ooos I put on so. Also because you suck.

Completely agreed. In the past when they try to hide the Brigadier of Carolling they at least hidden it within their own site. Not everyone uses Twitter or Facebook, so those people are just out of luck? What a terrible way to ruin a tradition.

jrwhitfield

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jrwhitfield

Twitter....Facebook....what's wrong with the freaking website here? What a waste of mine and everyone else's time Woot. Some of us don't live by Facebook & Twitter.

btalarczyk

quality posts: 3 Private Messages btalarczyk

Why facebook? I'm one of the many people that do not, and never ever did have a facebook, twitter, myspace, ect. account. We don't check those sites. What a stupid idea from true mental midgets that run this sight now.

tsperik

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tsperik
hoffmanbike wrote:very disappointed in you woot. no prior warning that it was going to be on facebook or twitter. you're a naughty website this year and santa won't be bringing you any of my money for you to unwrap beneath the amazon tree of companies tomorrow.

Um... you're right. They only said it on the facebook page two days ago.

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

Keep in mind that this same deal was offered on December 5th and a lot of people STILL haven't recieved their orders.

------------------
I Bet on Sky

novidude

quality posts: 1 Private Messages novidude

For everyone who is complaining they posted a Facebook post the other day clearly stating they were going to do it and were going to do it on the Facebook page. Plus the link says "You can only have ONE Brigadier of Carolling this week. Duplicate orders will be canceled." Maybe they will still do more today, after all it is Christmas. Or maybe they forgot to edit it from the 12 days of Crampass.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 155 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

whatsamattaU wrote:So Rogetray, you're the designated complaints department person tonight? Sorry to hear that. I figured something would be up, but I looked in the wrong places. Merry Christmas to you, the rest of the staff, and to the woot-world!

Regretfully so WhatsamattaU, regretfully so.

Thanks for the awesome Holiday Wishes! Happy Holidays to you too

imax5353

quality posts: 0 Private Messages imax5353

Facebook links can go soak its fat head in a tub

thebuggalo

ROGETRAY wrote:We also had it on Accessories and our Facebook page.

Right because everyone is checking Accessories and Watches. Feel free to mix it up, I love the hunt, but lets be honest... no one was finding it from Accessories and Watches, and I'm pretty sure most bots check Twitter and Facebook links much easier than description text clues and Choose Your Own Adventure style hunts like we've gotten in the past.

jrwhitfield

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jrwhitfield
pepsiwine wrote:Got my B0x 0f Chr1stmas - in for 3!

Thanks Woot! I like the new system of hiding the B0Cs. Gives REAL people a chance to buy one!

well the REAL people here on the site didn't have the chance.

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1069 Private Messages whatsamattaU
mjkane1 wrote:Scored one! It was under Accessories & Watches people, under the handbags ;)

Oh, I see it NOW,... ;)
Back to usual life,....

thebuggalo

novidude wrote:For everyone who is complaining they posted a Facebook post the other day clearly stating they were going to do it. Plus the link says "You can only have ONE Brigadier of Carolling this week. Duplicate orders will be canceled." Maybe they will still do more today, after all it is Christmas. Or maybe they forgot to edit it from the 12 days of Crampass.

That's great for the people who use Facebook... but a Facebook post telling us that the Brigadier of Carolling will be on Facebook doesn't help the people who doesn't use Facebook or follow Woot on Facebook.

censura

quality posts: 0 Private Messages censura
jrwhitfield wrote:Twitter....Facebook....what's wrong with the freaking website here? What a waste of mine and everyone else's time Woot. Some of us don't live by Facebook & Twitter.

I'd like to know that too. I've missed out on plenty of Brigadier of Carolling #39;s through woot, through plenty of ways. But i've always been cool with it because it always felt like we were on equal ground. This just felt cheap. I don't insist on crap, that is against the spirit of crap. But I do like the idea that we are all on the same general page about how crap is generated.

pound30

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pound30
edcamp wrote:All 6-9 of your Woots should matter more than whether you like them on Facebook.

Don't take my post as complaining in a way. I am happy with batteries as weird as it may seem. I've got more woots than that though.

darkinc

quality posts: 31 Private Messages darkinc

I found it by accident Was just looking at hand bags when I saw it lol.. Even read it quick to make sure its a Bag of Coal and all haha.

BigRedDogATL

quality posts: 24 Private Messages BigRedDogATL
ROGETRAY wrote:We also had it on Accessories and our Facebook page.

You guys have been mixing it up ever since the original founder of Woot left the company. And your loyal customers have said we don't care for what you are doing, yet you continue to do it.

If you track my purchase history, you will see I have well over 100 purchases, yet I haven't bought much over the past year or so, since you guys started mixing it up.

As others have said, I am pretty much done with Woot until such time as things return to the Classic Woot.

vanevenhoven

quality posts: 22 Private Messages vanevenhoven

I too, looked in the wrong places. Hand bags.....good on ya, Woot!

whatsamattaU wrote:So Rogetray, you're the designated complaints department person tonight? Sorry to hear that. I figured something would be up, but I looked in the wrong places. Merry Christmas to you, the rest of the staff, and to the woot-world!

Mugginz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mugginz

Nice knowing ya - removing woot link from favorites now

edcamp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages edcamp
pound30 wrote:Don't take my post as complaining in a way. I am happy with batteries as weird as it may seem. I've got more woots than that though.

Not a shot at you, I buy batteries on here all the time. It's more about the tool calling out "loyal" wooters and he only has 6-9 Woots and most of them are probably Brigadier of Carolling

Marichele

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Marichele
theatergal17 wrote:It is on the Facebook page!

Another facebook sellout! I refuse to follow companies on facebook:-[

Marichele

nedpepper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nedpepper
theatergal17 wrote:It is on the Facebook page!

Well I'll never get another Brigadier of Carolling if it is only posted on Facebook. Being in the IT field, I know enough not to risk my security and time with Facebook.

Woot used to be a fun site until Amazon bought them out. Now I'm charged tax, and the deals are less than great on many items. At least you can bring back the "TAXSUCKS" code for orders over $40.

xSkoad

quality posts: 12 Private Messages xSkoad

Im not angry.. just sad. I enjoyed the fight for the Brigadier of Carolling Sure it was irritating but it made it worth it. I think that is what all the loyal wooters enjoyed about it. You know its coming and at 12:59 youre stretching your fingers and making sure that F5 key is working correctly. Then as the clock hits 1am(EST) the fight begins. Those lucky enough to survive the battle walk away with a win for the Battle of Carnage... Doesnt happen anymore.

novidude

quality posts: 1 Private Messages novidude
thebuggalo wrote:That's great for the people who use Facebook... but a Facebook post telling us that the Brigadier of Carolling will be on Facebook doesn't help the people who doesn't use Facebook or follow Woot on Facebook.

Well now that you know they do that maybe you should check it. Just an idea, plus they had they under Sellout and Accessories.