DoobieWah

quality posts: 6 Private Messages DoobieWah
sxcballz wrote:I'm thinking of purchasing this for my 75 & 80 year old parents who experience snow falls of 2-4 inches a couple times during the winter... when using the thrower, does it "assist" the individual with pushing it? (similar to the effect when vacuuming with a motorized brush on carpet)

I've had one for years. Works great for 2 inches of snow on a small area like a deck or patio when the area you are throwing the snow onto does not need to get cleared off. I found, though, that it's awkward to use and your elderly parents may not find it easier than shoveling...if you push it fast, the snow will throw farther. It doesn't 'assist' you at all and can get cumbersome, and the base is the heaviest part (not to mention being careful of trip/falls with the cord!). I like it since I don't have to lift the snow over a railing; however, if it is wet snow (or deeper than 2-3 inches), it is not as functional at all....and I have to pull out my gas powered single stage; hence, I use it a few times every winter where I live but could probably do without it....

Bendyhead

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bendyhead

Anyone know this thing will throw small/medium sized rodents, fire ants, or annoying neighbors? The Snow Joe 12 incher wouldn't be used for much else here in Mississippi.

Never ask for anything Steamed in Cleveland!

sarah415

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sarah415
acanarelli wrote:You really should move to NJ...no crowds, no crime, no taxes and no unemployment.

Not sure what part of NJ you're living in!?

oddsbeater1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages oddsbeater1

Where do they film these videos where the snow fall is only 4 inches and its consistency is that of talcum powder? Let's see how it works on a foot of wet snow at -5 degrees!

I think, therefore.."I-M".

wootdougwoot

quality posts: 11 Private Messages wootdougwoot
godlover wrote:Bought the same thing yesterday on clearance from Menards yesterday plus I get an 11% rebate. Plan to use it on my back deck and for $49 I don't think I could go wrong.

Yesterday yesterday? Or just yesterday?

Has anyone seen my velociraptor?

sucker4crap

quality posts: 19 Private Messages sucker4crap

These are made for a "light dusting" of snow, in occasional snow areas...
Minnesota Diary
Aug 12: Moved to our new home in Minnesota. It is so beautiful here. The landscape is so majestic. Can hardly wait to see it with snow. I love it here.
Oct 14: Minnesota is the most beautiful place on earth. The leaves are turned all the colors and shades of red and orange. Went for a ride through the beautiful country and saw some deer. They are so graceful, certainly they are the most wonderful animal on earth. This must be paradise. I love it here.
Nov 11: Deer season will start soon. I can't imagine anyone wanting to kill such a gorgeous creature. Hope it will snow soon. I love it here.
Dec 2: It snowed last night. Woke up to find everything blanketed with white. It looked like a postcard. We went outside and cleaned the snow off the steps and shoveled the driveway. We had a snowball fight (I won), and when the snow plow came by, we had to shovel again. What a beautiful place. I love Minnesota.
Dec 12: More snow last night. I love it. The snow plow did his trick again to the driveway. I love it here!
Dec 19: More snow last night. Couldn't get out of the driveway to get to work. I am exhausted from shoveling. Darn snow plow.
Dec 22: More of that white logbook fell last night. I've got blisters on my hands from shoveling. I think the snow plow hides around the curve and waits until I'm done shoveling the driveway. transporter!
Dec 25: Merry @*!!@#@! Christmas! More friggin snow. If I ever get my hands on that son-of-a-Enterprise who drives that snow plow, I swear I'll kill the bastard. Don't know why they don't use more salt on the roads to melt the ice.
Dec 27: More white logbook last night. Been inside for 3 days except for shoveling out the driveway after that snow plow goes through every time. Can't go anywhere, car's stuck in a mountain of white logbook. The weatherman says to expect another 10" of the stuff again tonight. Do you know how many shovels full of snow 10" is?
Dec 28: The friggin weatherman was wrong. We got 43" of that white logbook this time. At this rate it won't melt before next summer. The snow plow got stuck up the road and that bastard came to the door and asked to borrow my shovel. After I told him I had broken six shovels already shoveling all the logbook he pushed into the driveway, I broke the last one over his head.
Jan 4: Finally out of the house today. Went to the store to get food and on the way back a darned deer ran in front of the car and I hit it. Did about $3,000 damage to the car. Those friggin beasts should be killed. Wish the hunters had killed ALL of them last November.
May 3: Took the car to the garage in town. Would you believe the thing is rusting out from that lousy salt they put all over the road.
May 10: Moved to Georgia. I can't imagine why anyone in their right mind would want to live in that God-forsaken state of Minnesota.

lethargicmass

quality posts: 10 Private Messages lethargicmass
GURABoy wrote:How did it get to be April 1 so fast?

I swear that when I saw this w00t I checked the calendar to be sure it wasn't already.

I love bacon!

azmarge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages azmarge
dhandelsman wrote:Can i charge this off my USB port?

lol

margaret batalden

woottoady

quality posts: 33 Private Messages woottoady

The video shows the discharge going directly to the path you're trying to clear. That's real helpful.

drlexus

quality posts: 1 Private Messages drlexus

In Southern California. Will this work on Dandruff?

dcigary

quality posts: 11 Private Messages dcigary

That second video is....uh.... special...

Who knew that a snow blower was an aphrodisiac?

Spawn08

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Spawn08
sarah415 wrote:Not sure what part of NJ you're living in!?

Nobody moves to New Jersey by choice.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 542 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

wootdougwoot wrote:Yesterday yesterday? Or just yesterday?

The other yesterday. You know, the other day.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

spyderkeeper

quality posts: 1 Private Messages spyderkeeper

Does this work with Apple Lisa?

bolthill

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bolthill

I'm thinking this would make a nice snack to feed to one of my 3 REAL snow blowers.

lilmosun

quality posts: 7 Private Messages lilmosun

I think this one (322P) has a 3 blade rotor and not what they refer to as a paddle auger rotor found in the more expensive 323E model. Seems to me like the later would be more rugged.

I have a similar model to the 323E (different brand). It was heavier and a little more awkward than expected but I love it as we have a very large deck and walkway which is my job to clear (my husband uses the full sized snow blower on the driveway). It saves my back throwing snow over high mounds and the deck railing. As others have mentioned - it won't be of any use unless you have somewhere to throw the snow forward. So look at where you want to use this before buying one.

I bought mine towards the end of a brutal Boston winter. Of course, once I bought it we didn't have another significant snowfall that year nor the following year. That alone made this purchase worth every penny.

bahwm

quality posts: 26 Private Messages bahwm

Our snow would just laugh at this contraption! Plus, you have to plug it in!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

wisenekt

quality posts: 29 Private Messages wisenekt
gadawg12 wrote:Is it just me, or does "electric" and "frozen water" sound like a dangerous pair??

Just put some electrical tape around there the plugs connect if you are concerned. This will do a decent job of keeping any minor water out that might get in.

wisenekt

quality posts: 29 Private Messages wisenekt
mtka wrote:Yeah, pure virgin whatevers. Snow White was the last one, not many left up here.

Yeah and look how desperate she was to lose hers. First guy who would kiss her after she just woke up, even though he scared the crap out of her earlier.

kingaroonie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kingaroonie

I've tried and tried the last year to justify buying an Electric Snow Blower. It just seems like lugging the extension cord and then rolling it back up would hurt my back more than shoveling. Since I can't find a cheap gas=powered, I'll keep hoping they develop a battery that's got enough oomph,(the technical word), to power one of these.

And here's a tip I just learned--spraying a bit of pam on a metal snow shovel keeps snow from sticking==just be careful the pam shovel doesn't attract varmints.

radparker

quality posts: 1 Private Messages radparker
mtka wrote:I'm trying to think of other things this might be useful for, because in MN, it sure won't be much good for snow. Will it shred my leaves in the fall? Maybe weed my garden, like a weed whacker? Maybe it blows enough air to be a fire starter. Or a spice chopper. Keep thinking, Wooters, like in cooking, everything is a potential ingredient. Every tool has another use, other than what it was designed for. And probably a better one.

I had the Toro version of this when I lived in Minneapolis. Loved it. I used it to shovel out my parking space and to help neighbors.

bluemaple

quality posts: 66 Private Messages bluemaple
radparker wrote:I had the Toro version of this when I lived in Minneapolis. Loved it. I used it to shovel out my parking space and to help neighbors.

@radparker, we live in Michigan and generally detest outdoor tools that require plugging in (blowers, grass trimmers, etc...) due to a lack of power + major hassles of the cord (even tho I installed a conveniently located outside outlet).

However, I've seen neighbors make pretty fair progress against moderate snows on short sidewalks, porches, etc... with those electric Toros.

For lighter (dry) snows where the gas snow thrower would be overkill, sometimes we use the leaf blower.

boozer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages boozer

this would be great for cleaning up that fake snow on movie sets...

Iisaic

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Iisaic

Uhhh... If you tied a sail to the front of it, maybe the ejected snow hitting the sail would push it forward. LoL

Iisaic

Evilash422

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Evilash422

I'm sad no one got the Short Circuit reference in the write-up.