fosters81

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fosters81
soren216 wrote:I would love to agree with you, but as a Jaguars fan I know the truth. Our teams just aren't popular enough for Woot! to acknowledge them. I do love the fact that the Seattle Seahawks cup sold out within 9 minutes of going up though. Go Hawks! (Only for the big game)

Jags fan here. I was also disappointed we didn't make the cut.

billthegunowner

quality posts: 15 Private Messages billthegunowner

I thought one was getting the entire set for $13.00.

Bill

SalsaShark42

quality posts: 9 Private Messages SalsaShark42
whatsamattaU wrote:The problem with the Detroit Lions cup is that you do fine with the first half of the drink, but the 2nd half you have trouble fininshing off.

You'll get two tries to drink with the Bears cup, but you'll choke both times while looking for your backup cup.

jmattoon

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jmattoon
comstock1869 wrote:Broncos suck. No fan based, just a bunch of fair weather fans. Seattle on the other hand! We gonna smack down the Denver donkeys!

Are you kidding me? The wait list for season tickets has over 40,000 people on it. It takes and estimated 10 to 15 years to get season tickets. They have one of the strongest fan bases in the NFL.

Seahawks on the other hand.....under 10,000.

bluemaple

quality posts: 76 Private Messages bluemaple

Hard to argue any fans are more loyal than Lions fans.

It has been almost 60 years since their last league championship and the fans keep coming...

BTW, the only cups sold out as of now, along with the Seahawks are the Lions cups.

moles1138

quality posts: 8 Private Messages moles1138
bluemaple wrote:Hard to argue any fans are more loyal than Lions fans.

It has been almost 60 years since their last league championship and the fans keep coming...

BTW, the only cups sold out as of now, along with the Seahawks are the Lions cups.

Could be a similar argument for us Browns fans.
And my in-laws are in the Detroit area so I'm familiar with those fans too.

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 17 Private Messages daveinwarshington

Go SEAHAWKS!

myfester

quality posts: 4 Private Messages myfester
CassiesCorner wrote:But what's the best way to clean a straw like this? I had enough issues cleaning the straight acrylic straw I had for a tumbler...

For the straight ones, I'd use pipe cleaners. Like the ones kids make crafts with. Might work on these swirly straws too. Need the extra long ones I suppose.

phoenixrising011

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phoenixrising011

I despise football. Not just a little. A lot. But I was going to get one of these awful things for my Colts-loving mother. I was. Up until I saw that the Colts and the Eagles cups mysteriously got overlooked on the contrasting straw color. Really? Perfect opportunity to use a blue straw and make it look appealing enough for me to justify spending $7.99 on something I object to from deep in my core. But nooooo. Ya had to make it plain and ugly, like all the other Colts crap in my town. Nope. Don't want it now.

GeneralGhoul

quality posts: 1 Private Messages GeneralGhoul

No southern teams. No Atlanta, Carolina, Tennessee, Jacksonville, Tampa, or Miami. Interesting.

dannnnnn

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dannnnnn

These straws always seem fun, but they are so hard to keep clean that I avoid them as much as I can.

catlavander

quality posts: 0 Private Messages catlavander

Out of my Lions, and no Chiefs. Sad.

mmmmm....

bluemaple

quality posts: 76 Private Messages bluemaple
GeneralGhoul wrote:No southern teams. No Atlanta, Carolina, Tennessee, Jacksonville, Tampa, or Miami. Interesting.

@GeneralGhoul, that's because southern fans drink beer, not coolaid. ;-)

dkghoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dkghoo

Where are the rest of the teams, I know alot of the sucked this year - however I'm a Browns fan

carolann0801

quality posts: 0 Private Messages carolann0801
comstock1869 wrote:Broncos suck. No fan based, just a bunch of fair weather fans. Seattle on the other hand! We gonna smack down the Denver donkeys!

Denver are fair weather fans? Where was the 12th man when Hasselback was behind center?

Dozer11

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Dozer11

Really? Broncos fans are hardly fair weather fans. I'm not even a Bronco fan, but they travel and always sell out their stadium. Not as crazy as Pittsburgh fans or Green Bay fans though.

But Bandwagon teams? Team like the Patriots, Chargers, Raiders, Cowboys, and especially the Seahawks this season. All of those teams have a huge increase in fanbase when they're winning, but lose a lot when they're not. Raiders though... I'd argue that they have the most "fans" that know nothing about football.

rockytrh

quality posts: 4 Private Messages rockytrh

No Vikings cup. I suppose that is to reduce liability. If anybody gets it too close to a bowl, they'd probably choke.

le sigh

TsuruYamada

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TsuruYamada

How did my Lions already sell out? lol

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1069 Private Messages whatsamattaU

I knew there were Lions fans out there, but they're coming out of the woodwork. Hey woot, maybe more Lions stuff. Us suckers, I mean loyal fans of the Lions might buy more up. My motto as a Lions fan: it could be worse, we could be rooting for the Cubs.

edit: like here, the only? Lions thing is the cowboy hat
http://sellout.woot.com/plus/random-nfl-team-logo-stuff
which seems paradoxical (A Lions fan wearing a Cowboy hat), but hey, I'm not in marketing.

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1069 Private Messages whatsamattaU
phoenixrising011 wrote:I despise football. Not just a little. A lot. But I was going to get one of these awful things for my Colts-loving mother. I was. Up until I saw that the Colts and the Eagles cups mysteriously got overlooked on the contrasting straw color. Really? Perfect opportunity to use a blue straw and make it look appealing enough for me to justify spending $7.99 on something I object to from deep in my core. But nooooo. Ya had to make it plain and ugly, like all the other Colts crap in my town. Nope. Don't want it now.

SavingSista

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SavingSista

I think is one of those things I'll wait for after the event. Seahawk stuff is everywhere right now, and I'm pretty sure there'll be a sale after the Super Bowl.

MinistrOfJustiz

quality posts: 6 Private Messages MinistrOfJustiz
phxmutt wrote:No Cardinals. Come On. We're good enough.

Nor Panthers. Division win be darned!

riddley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages riddley

I'm a life-long Washingtonian. NFL teams until a) Dan Snyder is no longer the owner, and b) the team jettisons its out-dated, offensive, nickname.

theco2

quality posts: 64 Private Messages theco2

I'm glad to see the bandwagon fans bought up all the Seahawk and Bronco cups.

That leaves the true fans of other teams with plenty.

Woody1150

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Woody1150
TsuruYamada wrote:How did my Lions already sell out? lol

I was thinking the same thing. Was actually surprised they were even offered. Maybe there was only 1?

maggie3052

quality posts: 3 Private Messages maggie3052
MinistrOfJustiz wrote:Nor Panthers. Division win be darned!

Be Darned is really nice.. I was gonna call major That is a most illogical attitude.. So. Major Luck to The Broncos... Go Coach Fox!!! You got the the short end of the stick in Charlotte...Wish you were still here...

Hey, don't get me wrong...Coach Rivera, Good job and thank you...

melikeycheapy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages melikeycheapy
dpwellman wrote:Pfft.

Pitchers and Catchers report in two and a half weeks.

CAN'T WAIT!!!

mm20

quality posts: 34 Private Messages mm20
jmattoon wrote:Are you kidding me? The wait list for season tickets has over 40,000 people on it. It takes and estimated 10 to 15 years to get season tickets. They have one of the strongest fan bases in the NFL.

Seahawks on the other hand.....under 10,000.

Under 10,000 what? They sure as hell aren't under 10,000 season ticket holders. The waiting list has been years for over a decade.

carolann0801 wrote:Denver are fair weather fans? Where was the 12th man when Hasselback was behind center?

We were in the stands. We've had a season ticket waiting list since the '90's, thank you.

The 12 days of crap was just that- crap.

It's funny how when Woot! calls their stuff crap, it's ok, but when *YOU* call it crap, *poof* you get banned. Hypocrites.

SarahMobius

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SarahMobius

I really doubt this is worth $13 but after the almost-but-not-quite injury-riddled season the Patriots had I just wanted it. I will be drinking whiskey through a swirl straw.

dave313

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dave313

Got my cups....a bit disappointed that the straws were clear and not colored as shown in the pics.

jrj3224

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jrj3224

Can anybody tell me if the lid is supposed to attach to both containers, or just the interior one? Thanks.