jeffwtux

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jeffwtux

I have an incredibly stupid question. What generation are we on now?

poutie999

quality posts: 0 Private Messages poutie999
bluemaple wrote:@poutie999, we have Samsung tablets (although not Notes). I like them. I was not saying cross-shopping a Samsung Note vs iPad was wrong - only that comparing the $390 refurb (especially a 16GB one with 1/8th the storage) you posted to a new 128GB iPad was not fair. Yes, specs matter.

The Samsung has expandable memory with the SD slot (which the Apple doesn't) so it can easily match Apples fixed storage space.

wishlish

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wishlish
jeffwtux wrote:I have an incredibly stupid question. What generation are we on now?

We're on the "Air" generation, which is really the 5th generation of iPads.

I've been thinking about this deal all day. I have both Android and iOS tablets, but my 4th gen iPad with 64 GB is my workhorse. Sadly, it's got a small crack in the upper left hand corner (not on the viewable area, but still)...this would be a nice replacement.

adventuresofray.com

disraeli

quality posts: 7 Private Messages disraeli
benmason wrote:I could go around selling oranges for $100 and I bet you I could find someone to purchase it. Does that make the price right since someone buys it? I must be doing something right.

I'll absolutely take that bet. When and where will you attempt this feat?

You'll need my paypal address.

Technically, the glass is always full.

sschnei

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sschnei

usually woot has the best deals but macmall has the same ipad for $530! not sure why so much cheaper with free shipping
http://www.macmall.com/p/Apple-iPad/product~DPNo~9496779~pdp.ibbdeac?source=mwbgoogleshop&adtype=pla&kw={keyword}&gclid=CNq3mrTEwLwCpon farrV7AodPS4ALw

Joshua714

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Joshua714

1sale.com had the same newn not refurb for $599 with 128GB & att just a few days ago.

David

chris89c

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chris89c
sschnei wrote:usually woot has the best deals but macmall has the same ipad for $530! not sure why so much cheaper with free shipping
http://www.macmall.com/p/Apple-iPad/product~DPNo~9496779~pdp.ibbdeac?source=mwbgoogleshop&adtype=pla&kw={keyword}&gclid=CNq3mrTEwLwCpon farrV7AodPS4ALw

I just got that one from Mac Mall. Brand new full warranty. Only took a few days to get it. $530 plus tax. I did get an Air but took it back. This is a little heavier and a little slower to load some large apps. this is only $30 more than a 16gb Air. I got the camera connection kit and plan to load all of my photos on it while I am on trips. Then I can beem them to my Iphone and send them to friends. No data plan needed.

lvoclark

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lvoclark

I have sent two emails requesting they cancel my order. It says it won't ship for 3-5 business days, so there should be no problem with cancelling the order. Has anyone had any luck cancelling their order?

poutie999

quality posts: 0 Private Messages poutie999
lvoclark wrote:I have sent two emails requesting they cancel my order. It says it won't ship for 3-5 business days, so there should be no problem with cancelling the order. Has anyone had any luck cancelling their order?

See the FAQ. You only have 15 minutes to cancel an order. Request an RMA now.

Target offers the Apple iPad Air 16GB WiFi Tablet in White/Silver, model no. MD788LL/A, with a $50 Target Gift Card, for $499. Opt for in-store pickup to dodge the $6.45 shipping fee. (H.H. Gregg has it for $449.99 via in-store pickup.) Assuming you'll use the gift card, that's $11 under the lowest via-pickup price we could find elsewhere, although we saw it for $9 less via in-store pickup last month. This 1-lb. tablet is 0.29" thick and features a 9.7" 2048x1536 Retina display, Apple A7 64-bit processor, M7 motion coprocessor FaceTime HD front-side camera, dual microphones, 5-megapixel iSight camera, 802.11n wireless with MIMO, Lightning connector, 10-hour battery life, and iOS 7.

Also available is the the 2nd-generation Apple iPad mini 8" 16GB WiFi Tablet with Retina Display in Silver, model no. ME279E/A, with a $50 Target Gift Card, for $399. (Best Buy has it for $349.99 with free shipping.) Opt for in-store pickup to dodge the $6.13 shipping fee. (Note that availability for pickup is limited by ZIP code.) Assuming you'll spend the gift card, that's $50 under the lowest shipped price we could find elsewhere. It's 7.5mm thick, weighs 0.73 lbs., and features an Apple A7 64-bit processor, 7.9" 2048x1536 LED-backlit IPS display, FaceTime HD front-side camera, 5-megapixel iSight camera, 802.11n wireless with MIMO, Lightning connector, and 10-hour battery life.

bluemaple

quality posts: 77 Private Messages bluemaple

@sschnei, very nice find! Although out of their 5 page list of iPads it does not appear they have a similar deal on an AT&T cellular model.

And if you don't need 128GB and are looking to shave some dollars their 32 & 64 GB (also 4th gen) models look very tempting:

32GB: $439
64GB: $489

http://www.macmall.com/s?rch&n=macmsc-search&cc=30A*%2C30B*&man=Apple&removedLicenseFilter=true&includeImage=true&op=mall.web.zones.SearchResults.pageNo&pageNo=1

sschnei wrote:usually woot has the best deals but macmall has the same ipad for $530! not sure why so much cheaper with free shipping

renegadealien

quality posts: 0 Private Messages renegadealien

Ok Thanks did not know about the 15 minutes to cancel. No big deal I'm going to keep it. Just being a prime member of amazon. I found the same iPad for 10 dollars less and free shipping. Stupid me for searching else where. once again thanks for the response.

poutie999 wrote:See the FAQ. You only have 15 minutes to cancel an order. Request an RMA now.

Target offers the Apple iPad Air 16GB WiFi Tablet in White/Silver, model no. MD788LL/A, with a $50 Target Gift Card, for $499. Opt for in-store pickup to dodge the $6.45 shipping fee. (H.H. Gregg has it for $449.99 via in-store pickup.) Assuming you'll use the gift card, that's $11 under the lowest via-pickup price we could find elsewhere, although we saw it for $9 less via in-store pickup last month. This 1-lb. tablet is 0.29" thick and features a 9.7" 2048x1536 Retina display, Apple A7 64-bit processor, M7 motion coprocessor FaceTime HD front-side camera, dual microphones, 5-megapixel iSight camera, 802.11n wireless with MIMO, Lightning connector, 10-hour battery life, and iOS 7.

Also available is the the 2nd-generation Apple iPad mini 8" 16GB WiFi Tablet with Retina Display in Silver, model no. ME279E/A, with a $50 Target Gift Card, for $399. (Best Buy has it for $349.99 with free shipping.) Opt for in-store pickup to dodge the $6.13 shipping fee. (Note that availability for pickup is limited by ZIP code.) Assuming you'll spend the gift card, that's $50 under the lowest shipped price we could find elsewhere. It's 7.5mm thick, weighs 0.73 lbs., and features an Apple A7 64-bit processor, 7.9" 2048x1536 LED-backlit IPS display, FaceTime HD front-side camera, 5-megapixel iSight camera, 802.11n wireless with MIMO, Lightning connector, and 10-hour battery life.