jdecime

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jdecime

Scuba diver here. This case is not waterproof and the manufacturer is flirting with getting slapped around by the US Federal Trade Commission & paying out claims for false advertising if equipment is damaged. This case is water resistant! The manufacturer, on their own website follows-up with a disclaimer which is also wrong:

"The Armor Series is waterproof for 30 minutes in 6.6 ft."

Waterproof means waterproof which means not a single drop of water at the listed depth, ever. The manufacturer needs to switch to "water resistant" instead. Woot might want to adjust how this is advertised on your site since I assume you might have deeper pockets.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

martamek wrote:The specs only show iPhone products, but description shows possibility for Galaxy SIII. So which one is it? I don't want to order thinking I'll get my Galaxy protected and get an iPhone cover... Thanks!

I see the Galaxy SIII on the 2nd and last page of photos. Unfortunately, if you're on a mobile device, you won't see the photo captions. If you can get to the full web site, you can view the captions.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ecarpenter43

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ecarpenter43
jdecime wrote:Scuba diver here. This case is not waterproof and the manufacturer is flirting with getting slapped around by the US Federal Trade Commission & paying out claims for false advertising if equipment is damaged. This case is water resistant! The manufacturer, on their own website follows-up with a disclaimer which is also wrong:

"The Armor Series is waterproof for 30 minutes in 6.6 ft."

Waterproof means waterproof which means not a single drop of water at the listed depth, ever. The manufacturer needs to switch to "water resistant" instead. Woot might want to adjust how this is advertised on your site since I assume you might have deeper pockets.

Surf fisherman here.

Just like to add when you're looking for something to be waterproof you need to find an IP code:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IP_Code

Without it they're just screwing around.

gak0090

quality posts: 78 Private Messages gak0090
csterman wrote:Wow...all the way up to SamsungS3- The S5 is coming out soon. Woot is not showing Androis users any love!

They never do. Most people with an S3 have already upgraded or are about to upgrade. Unlike Apple users that have some sort of romantic involvement with their devices- we like to upgrade to new tech every 2 years.

bm87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bm87

What about the S4?

loucyphre

quality posts: 1 Private Messages loucyphre
groberts1980 wrote:Your phone dropped from countertop height in an OtterBox and it broke the screen? That's hard to believe. I don't like OtterBox personally, I think they're too bulky. But for normal everyday drops they tend to work very well.

my sons ipod was in an ottorbox defender, and it fell off the table on the deck (wood) and musta just hit the right way because the whole screen spider-webbed. needless to say we were shocked that the defender couldnt....defend. disappointed to say the least.

grenade01

quality posts: 5 Private Messages grenade01

I got this for a stream hike where sometimes the backpack gets wet and stuff. The part over the screen got scratched up really fast in my backpack, and it's hard to see through. OB would not replace it under the warranty for some reason or another, i forget, which I think was supposed to be lifetime at the time. They really irked me. I ended up just buying a different waterproof hard shell thing that i keep the phone in instead of the ob phone case. I didn't notice it being muffled when I talked but I didn't really get a whole lot of use out of it before it was fascinating so it's hard to say. :-[

rehta

quality posts: 6 Private Messages rehta
gak0090 wrote:They never do. Most people with an S3 have already upgraded or are about to upgrade. Unlike Apple users that have some sort of romantic involvement with their devices- we like to upgrade to new tech every 2 years.

Not true. I didn't get a smart phone until December 2012. Which makes my S3 only 14 months old. I cannot upgrade it yet without extending my contract and/or paying out the wazoo. Maybe by the time I can get a new phone the S5 will be out and I'll consider getting that. Right now my S3 is being a pain in the ass anyway and no wifi connection is stable, so basically useless.

-Heather (First Burgandy Olfactory Center 12/6/11)

authentek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages authentek
paaiyan wrote:Please. There are people like me still rocking an iPhone 4.

I refer to mine as the iStone 4

alcronk

quality posts: 2 Private Messages alcronk

Has anyone tried snorkeling with one of these? I don't mean diving down to get a conch or something, just the regular "fat-guy tourist floating on the surface" and taking pics of da fishes. Me being the fat guy.

colinchout

quality posts: 2 Private Messages colinchout
honestjoe68 wrote:Hey can any of the Wooters that already Own this case help me out please!

I had the LP waterproof case on my iPhone 5, but ended up taking it off & throwing it away... Yes it was waterproof and protected it from a few light drops onto the floor BUT the darn LP brand cover TOTALLY muffled the sound!!

My family said they could hardly hear me when I called while the iPhone was in the LP cover! (Yes I had iPhone volume up all the way) but the WORST part was how LOW and barely audible all my Ringtones and Alerts became while in the LP case... I missed calls it was so drastically reduced!

Anyhow.. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated by actual owners of this specific Otterbox case! (No offense but opinions and guesses about this from non-owners, I've already had a plenty!) :-) lol Thanks Guys!!

Same here .
Last year , before heading to FL for my vacation , I secured my IP5 with one of those . I ended up took it off because no one could properly heard what I said .
Didn't realize whats going on until one of the PPL that I called asked me if I have a waterproof case on my phone .

TimUSCA

quality posts: 7 Private Messages TimUSCA
rhg0 wrote:Does the iphone 5 case work with an iphone 5s

Yes, but Touch ID will not work.

joecook907

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joecook907

I wish I could buy one of these, but since Woot is anti military, I will have to buy one from Amazon or Ebay. Thanks Woot.

gak0090

rehta wrote:Right now my S3 is being a pain in the ass anyway and no wifi connection is stable, so basically useless.

Try resetting the cache (might work)
http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-galaxy-s-iii/346567-galaxy-s3-your-internet-connection-unstable.html
-Power the device off (remove and re-insert the battery).
-Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key, then press and hold the Power key.
-When the device vibrates; release only the Power key while still holding the other two keys.
-When the Android system recovery menu displays; release the Volume Up and the Home key.
-Navigate with the Volume keys to the "wipe cache partition" option and press the Power key to select.
-Wait for the cache is cleared. While reboot system now is highlighted, press the Power key and reboot the device.

jeremymiles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeremymiles

"Less fun than a box of otters, but less cryptosporidium infections, too."

That should be fewer, not less.

hawes94

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hawes94

Do these cases work for iphone 5c?

thedanner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thedanner

Or you could just buy a Galaxy S5. Waterproof cases are so bulky and ugly!

gak0090

jeremymiles wrote:"Less fun than a box of otters, but less cryptosporidium infections, too."

That should be fewer, not less.

Sometimes less is more

kansaskwakker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kansaskwakker

Otter Boxes are fantastic, but I don't know where y'all gettin' these high dollar prices? $100 bucks & more? Really? I've purchased 4 otters over the years at the local ATT store & never paid more than $40, usually less.

brycescott

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brycescott

If only they had this for the Note 2 And Note 3! I would've bought 2 for the GF and I!

bahhh :<

gak0090

brycescott wrote:If only they had this for the Note 2 And Note 3! I would've bought 2 for the GF and I!

bahhh :<

Check this out for $20. More of a situational case, than something you would leave on- but if you just need something to protect it at the beach/pool- these are cool
http://www.amazon.com/SumacLife-Waterproof-Pouch-Samsung-Galaxy/dp/B00COCYDA0

bluemaple

quality posts: 74 Private Messages bluemaple
kansaskwakker wrote:Otter Boxes are fantastic, but I don't know where y'all gettin' these high dollar prices? $100 bucks & more? Really? I've purchased 4 otters over the years at the local ATT store & never paid more than $40, usually less.

@kansaskwakker ... except that this Armor series case Is not just any OtterBox - the lineup here:

OtterBox lineup

jennistern

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jennistern
gak0090 wrote:No Galaxy S4 case??????

I wish they did have a case for the S4. This is a fantastic deal.

lwheatcraft

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lwheatcraft
bpingel93 wrote:At least on the Galaxy S3 case, seems to be a lot of customers having a very difficult time hearing and being heard while using their phones for their main purpose, a phone.
Otterbox website reviews for Galaxy S3

Come on now. Talking isn't the main purpose of a phone anymore. This is 2014!

metathiax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages metathiax

I have one of these cases and I love it the only drawbacks are the extra bulk and it can sound strange to people on the other end when your talking to them. However this is easily remedied by the use of a Bluetooth headset.

birthdaythief

quality posts: 0 Private Messages birthdaythief
thecravenone wrote:Note that the tech specs on the Otterbox site point out that this is not compatible with either the 5S or 5C, which are the only 5 models currently in production.

It will fit the 5/5s/5c. The only catch is on the 5s and 5c the fingerprint function will not work because the reader is covered up by a plastic button. It's a great case if u can live without the fingerprint function.

grauler

quality posts: 2 Private Messages grauler
groberts1980 wrote:Your phone dropped from countertop height in an OtterBox and it broke the screen? That's hard to believe. I don't like OtterBox personally, I think they're too bulky. But for normal everyday drops they tend to work very well.

If I was interested in waterproofing I'd go with LifeProof. Much thinner cases. You can still put one in your pocket using a LifeProof case. Not so much in an OtterBox.

Yeah... I should have kept the broken screen and taken a photo. Seeing is believing? I couldn't believe it either. I chalk it up to bad luck.

bluemaple

quality posts: 74 Private Messages bluemaple

Mr. Box must have a lot of these Armor cases. Same price but with free shipping at Groupon:

Groupon

poseewoot

quality posts: 1 Private Messages poseewoot

I'm going on a beach vacation and want to take pictures of my kids in the pool and at the beach.

Can I use this Otterbox on my Galaxy S3 on vacation and then take it off afterwards to be used on my next vacation? Or is there a permanent sticky screen that adheres to the phone?

Basically, I just want to use it for when I need a waterproof cover.

Magentian

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Magentian

Does anyone who has this case already for the S3 have anything to say as far as how easy it is to press the side buttons? I have a Defender on mine right now, but they did a terrible job on matching the sticky-outy bits with the actual buttons and I'd love a case that didn't have that problem.

dwilkins

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dwilkins

Sorry, but with a warpspeed1c governor with the same last name as the animal this represents, I'm out. Don't need to carry a reminder of him around with my phone...

parseven

quality posts: 0 Private Messages parseven
bluemaple wrote:Mr. Box must have a lot of these Armor cases. Same price but with free shipping at Groupon:

Groupon

Rats! I pulled the trigger too quickly! Nice catch.

xhozt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xhozt
parseven wrote:Rats! I pulled the trigger too quickly! Nice catch.

DRAT!!!! and still stuck not shipping . . .

jbradleywoot

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jbradleywoot

Hey Woot, any idea when these will be shipping?

ThunderThighs

Staff

jbradleywoot wrote:Hey Woot, any idea when these will be shipping?

Hey J! Per the sale, these will ship out in 3-5 business days. Today is the 4th business day. Patience, wooter. Patience.

Then allow transit time.

••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ronyon1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ronyon1

Looks like I am going to save $30 bucks, mine hasn't shipped yet. Guess I chose poorly.

ThunderThighs

Staff

ronyon1 wrote:Looks like I am going to save $30 bucks, mine hasn't shipped yet. Guess I chose poorly.

As noted in the sale, these will ship out in 3-5 business days. Today is the 4th business day after the sale so they should go out today if not already. They could just be waiting to be scanned in at the shipper.

Patience, dear wooter. Patience.

krazykoz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krazykoz
ronyon1 wrote:Looks like I am going to save $30 bucks, mine hasn't shipped yet. Guess I chose poorly.

I needed this case roughly two weeks from the sale day. Thought that was plenty of time for woot to throw it in a box and ship it out. Pretty much SOL on that one now.

elfletcho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elfletcho

As noted in the sale, these will ship out in 3-5 business days. Today is the 4th business day after the sale so they should go out today if not already. They could just be waiting to be scanned in at the shipper.

Uh I think today would be the 5th day. But you are the expert staff that keeps telling us they will ship so I will defer to your expertise. And really, +2 weeks to get these? Come on woot, that is kind of BS.

ThunderThighs

Staff

elfletcho wrote:As noted in the sale, these will ship out in 3-5 business days. Today is the 4th business day after the sale so they should go out today if not already. They could just be waiting to be scanned in at the shipper.

Uh I think today would be the 5th day. But you are the expert staff that keeps telling us they will ship so I will defer to your expertise. And really, +2 weeks to get these? Come on woot, that is kind of BS.

We don't count the day of the sale. These are being drop shipped directly from the vendor. It takes a bit longer but it cuts out the middle man (receiving, inventory, pulling, etc.).