IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik

Can anyone tell me if you need to go through the pairing process with the same device more than once if you need to switch between different devices? That is, if I pair it with my phone, and then my wife pairs it with hers, will I have to go through the pairing process again when she gives it back to me?

I have a pair of BT headphones that work that way. It's not ideal, but since they're headphones I'm usually the one using them, so it's fine.

contactswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages contactswoot
bdub46 wrote:Does anyone know how well this would fit in a water bottle cage on a bike? I would enjoy listening to music on my bike rides, but headphones are just dangerous on the highways.

http://www.modernbike.com/search.asp?QU=boombottle

jspielfogel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jspielfogel

Just a warning, go to Amazon or some other site and check the reviews for this product. There are a lot of concerns about the following:

1) Not really waterproof or even water resistant. Units dying when barely splashed or exposed to humidity.
2) Bluetooth range not as far as advertised, might be as little as 5 feet
3) Unit won't hold a charge, and may fail to recharge after only a few cycles of charging
4) Warranty return support to the manufacturer is challenging, and they make you pay for shipping of the replacement speaker if you have a problem.

kcsfinest5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kcsfinest5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM79tA9z-UE

This review shows an AUX port on the bottom. Can anyone with the speaker confirm this?

deadmongoose

quality posts: 4 Private Messages deadmongoose

Seems like with the description being so Marine heavy in language that you should at least be able to get one if you are a Marine. Why can't they ship to military addresses?

twich22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages twich22

Can you use two speakers at once?

jimical

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimical

I bought one of these in October, charged it fully, and have been using it in my bathroom as a shower speaker for my phone. I use it at least 5 days a week for 15-30 minutes, and have not had to charge it yet! By my conservative math, that's over 100 hours of playback?! I think mine has a small nuclear reactor in it or something. Sound quality is really good for the size, no issues with moisture/splashing. Can't comment on the range, as my phone is usually <3 feet from the speaker. In for another for the other bathroom...

mattheinzel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattheinzel
Lolivings wrote:Got one 3 months ago, Would play for 30 minutes off a 24hr charge. Didn't matter if I used the speaker or not, the battery would be depleted after a full charge within 24 hrs. So, after I used it in shower for like 5-10mins, I would immediately have to plug it up to be able to use it the next day. This lasted ~3 weeks. Only water exposure was in the shower. Now won't charge/play at all. It does have a one year warranty but you have to pay shipping/handling for the defective item and for the replacement(around $25, total). I haven't decided if am going to invest in getting another sent to me that might also be defective.

I got one recently and I only charged it once. I have been using it off and on for over a month. I would get it replaced.

kanedag1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kanedag1
twich22 wrote:Can you use two speakers at once?

Someone else asked if you could use two at the same time, and the limiting factor is the device playing the music. I don't think I've ever seen a phone or MP3 player that can play audio to multiple devices at the same time. For instance, I can connect several speakers to my phone, but in the music app, there is a drop down list where I can select ONE speaker to play music on.

ironsides5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ironsides5

After recently buying electronic equipment from Woot and having it arrive completely dead on arrival and not getting a response from customer service, I would recommend getting this from a reputable place like Amazon where you are protected from such nonsense.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

ironsides5 wrote:After recently buying electronic equipment from Woot and having it arrive completely dead on arrival and not getting a response from customer service, I would recommend getting this from a reputable place like Amazon where you are protected from such nonsense.

We did experience a delay in responding to requests to Customer Service. I apologize if you experienced this delay. However, our CS team is now caught up and response times are back to 24-48 hours.

If you are still waiting on a response, feel free to send me a Private Message. To PM me, click on the envelope next to my name in this post. To view your private messages, click on the envelope to the right of the Everything But Woot tab.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

Johnnys13

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Johnnys13

I gave one of these to my brother. Out of the box one side of the speaker did not work. Also the range was about 3 feet from my his galaxy s4 before it got crackly. I contacted woot customer service, they took about a month and a half to tell me I needed to contact the mfg PYLE. I called them and they told me I could pay to ship it to them, then for 15 dollars they'd send me a new one!!! Please someone from woot contact me about this grievance. Where are the woot gods when you need them!?!?!

ironsides5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ironsides5

I made a mistake, we just got an email from woot telling us they will not help us and we should contact the manufacturer. As a longtime loyal customer, I say goodbye forever woot (except to pop in a warn people of our terrible experience of course).

ThunderThighs wrote:We did experience a delay in responding to requests to Customer Service. I apologize if you experienced this delay. However, our CS team is now caught up and response times are back to 24-48 hours.

If you are still waiting on a response, feel free to send me a Private Message. To PM me, click on the envelope next to my name in this post. To view your private messages, click on the envelope to the right of the Everything But Woot tab.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Johnnys13 wrote:I gave one of these to my brother. Out of the box one side of the speaker did not work. Also the range was about 3 feet from my his galaxy s4 before it got crackly. I contacted woot customer service, they took about a month and a half to tell me I needed to contact the mfg PYLE. I called them and they told me I could pay to ship it to them, then for 15 dollars they'd send me a new one!!! Please someone from woot contact me about this grievance. Where are the woot gods when you need them!?!?!

Johnny, I'm sorry for the problem. Please email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service. Explain what you've tried (or forward the Pyle response). That will help.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

racerherbie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages racerherbie

Got one of these last Spring. It's mounted to the top of one of our coolers that we use for river tubing. We used it all last summer and it got soaked and didn't skip a beat. Loud and dependable. The only complaint I have is it should have separate volume and skip buttons. Buy one.

kanedag1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kanedag1

I'm not trying to be a fanboi for Woot, but I wonder where the difference in customer support experience comes from? I've had to contact support a few times, and each time I get a response within a day or two that completely handles my issue. Maybe some inquiries slip through the cracks, but I at least want to be a voice for the other side that's completely satisfied with Woot's service.

TomNibs

quality posts: 2 Private Messages TomNibs

Off topic but is anyone else having problems with JW VIDEO PLAYER CRASHING THEIR COMPUTER? Every time I log into WOOT my computer crashes. Never had this problem any where else... It starts out with the same obnoxious dog food commercial and then I get a video display error and crash.

kevinschiller

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kevinschiller

The volume on this speaker must be incredible for that construction worker to hear his music over the sound of that grinder and through the ear protection he is wearing.

shutterstockfail

-K

firebirdude

quality posts: 19 Private Messages firebirdude
kanedag1 wrote:I don't think I've ever seen a phone or MP3 player that can play audio to multiple devices at the same time.

It's a limitation of the speaker. Look up the HMDX Jam Plus. Buy two. Set one to left and one to right. They both play via bluetooth...IN STEREO!

And they're about 6000 times more reliable, sound 6000 times better and have true bluetooth range. Often found for the exact same price as this Pyle of....

onedesigntalk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages onedesigntalk
IndependentVik wrote:Can anyone tell me if you need to go through the pairing process with the same device more than once if you need to switch between different devices? That is, if I pair it with my phone, and then my wife pairs it with hers, will I have to go through the pairing process again when she gives it back to me?

I have a pair of BT headphones that work that way. It's not ideal, but since they're headphones I'm usually the one using them, so it's fine.

I use a dual stream Bluetooth splitter that plugs into any device (with or with out Bluetooth) and I can listen on 2 Bluetooth headsets or speakers simultaneously .

http://how-to-fix-earbuds.blogspot.com/2012/01/how-to-connect-two-bluetooth-headphones.html

Mkarkaeen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mkarkaeen

Great sound and easy to use. This was a very good deal. Very pleased.

mbogo375

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mbogo375

Has anyone received notice of shipment? It's been six days and the status remains "shipping now"

ThunderThighs

Staff

mbogo375 wrote:Has anyone received notice of shipment? It's been six days and the status remains "shipping now"

Hey mbogo375... May I call you Bogo? Bogo, this is being drop shipped directly from the vendor (cuts out the middle man, don't ya know). As the sale stated, it will ship in 3-5 business days. That weekend makes things seem sooooo long but this is actually just the 4th business day. So hang in there, dear wooter. Then allow time for transit. That speaker will soon be yours.

FORUM MODERATOR

mbogo375

Thanks, Thighs (may I call you Thighs?). ;-)

ThunderThighs wrote:Hey mbogo375... May I call you Bogo? Bogo, this is being drop shipped directly from the vendor (cuts out the middle man, don't ya know). As the sale stated, it will ship in 3-5 business days. That weekend makes things seem sooooo long but this is actually just the 4th business day. So hang in there, dear wooter. Then allow time for transit. That speaker will soon be yours.

jswilson64

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jswilson64
mbogo375 wrote:Has anyone received notice of shipment? It's been six days and the status remains "shipping now"

Mine still says "shipping now" but my wife says a Woot package just arrived at the house.

ThunderThighs

Staff

jswilson64 wrote:Mine still says "shipping now" but my wife says a Woot package just arrived at the house.

Well, that didn't work out as planned. Sorry about that.

FORUM MODERATOR

mbogo375

Let us know whether the box contained the Pyle orsome other item.
Thanks!

jswilson64 wrote:Mine still says "shipping now" but my wife says a Woot package just arrived at the house.

deeznuts27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deeznuts27

Item arrived with a muffled sound coming from the speaker. It is broken and Pyle wants me to ship it back to them and pay another $15 for shipping back to me for the replacement. I may as well have bought it from Amazon or someone other than Woot! since it will end up costing me more now. Very disappointed as this was my first Woot! purchase and most likely my only.

ThunderThighs

Staff

deeznuts27 wrote:Item arrived with a muffled sound coming from the speaker. It is broken and Pyle wants me to ship it back to them and pay another $15 for shipping back to me for the replacement. I may as well have bought it from Amazon or someone other than Woot! since it will end up costing me more now. Very disappointed as this was my first Woot! purchase and most likely my only.

I'm sorry for the problem. Please email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service. Forward or explain the situation with Pyle.

FORUM MODERATOR

jswilson64

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jswilson64
mbogo375 wrote:Let us know whether the box contained the Pyle orsome other item.
Thanks!

It was the speaker. Sorry, should have made that clear, it was the only woot I was waiting for.

mbogo375

Screw this, I'm out.

There is no excuse for Woot or Pyle not to update my order status. That plus the fact that these speakers appear to be crap lead me to cancel my order.

I've already sent the e-mail to support.

jswilson64 wrote:It was the speaker. Sorry, should have made that clear, it was the only woot I was waiting for.

TimB1213

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TimB1213

Don't waste your time! Or money! It took 6 days for Woot to put a label on the original manufacturers box wrapped in thin cardboard and taped on both ends. It merely took FedEx two days to get it here. Speaker is barely louder than the speaker on my Galaxy S3! Since they want a 15% restocking fee and shipping, my last experience with Woot!

TimB1213

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TimB1213
TimB1213 wrote:Don't waste your time! Or money! It took 6 days for Woot to put a label on the original manufacturers box wrapped in thin cardboard and taped on both ends. It merely took FedEx two days to get it here. Speaker is barely louder than the speaker on my Galaxy S3! Since they want a 15% restocking fee and shipping, my last experience with Woot!

Also does this have 4 speakers or 2? If 4, 2 aren't working right out of the box.

mbogo375

Two requests to "support" for a return label have gone unanswered.
What utter rimshot.

mbogo375 wrote:Screw this, I'm out.

There is no excuse for Woot or Pyle not to update my order status. That plus the fact that these speakers appear to be crap lead me to cancel my order.

I've already sent the e-mail to support.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 175 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

mbogo375 wrote:Two requests to "support" for a return label have gone unanswered.
What utter rimshot.

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't heard back from your email requests.

I've gone ahead and forwarded your post/information along to Woot Member Services.

Thank you for your continued patience while they attend to the issue.