stryper2000

quality posts: 44 Private Messages stryper2000

I just stumbled upon this through someone's signature badge .

I myself am a gamer, have been since teh mid 80's when my pairnts got our family a NES and even before then had played with a friend of mines Intellivision.

currently I own a PS3( my PSN ID is stryper2000 ) . I mostly play Call of Duty (teh last 2 releases and MW3 when I can) , I'm close to Prestige master on BLack Ops II and have a squad in Ghost's (Bravo Delta) . Wrestling Games are a favortie of mine as well. I also own a Ouya and play emulators and also McDickie's Wrestling Revolution.

I also like Arcade games, I go to Frankie's Fun Park( a local Amusement place near Greenville SC) and can't wait for Dave and Busters to open up in teh area

I'll try to keep up with this thread as it could be fun to interact with other Gamers here on Woof!

The Craphound of Woot

Antagonist of Sellbuyer92 , I sniped his Basket Of Checkers

x39

FrostByte

quality posts: 14 Private Messages FrostByte
ROGETRAY wrote:I'm still rocking teh Xbox 360 as well.
I prolly won't go next gen PS or Xbox for awhile, until teh library gets larger and teh console gets cheaper ;)

Destiny looks SOOO well, I couldn't agree more. I can't wait for it on teh 360.

I also play around on teh Xbox with XCOM: Enemy Unknown (also Enemy Within), CIV Revolution, COD: Ghosts and Arkham Origins.

I'm holding out on teh PS4 until teh next Uncharted is released. Those games are must play for me. At that time, Infamous: Second Son and Watch_dogs will hopefully have fallen a bit in price as well!

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 167 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

FrostByte wrote:I'm holding out on teh PS4 until teh next Uncharted is released. Those games are must play for me. At that time, Infamous: Second Son and Watch_dogs will hopefully have fallen a bit in price as well!

Yes! All teh Uncharted games are worth EVERY PENNY. acceptional games. For myself and my brother they we're teh ONLY REASONS to own a PS3 for a very long time.

I myself am leaning towards future PS4 instead of teh Xbox ONE. If/when Uncharted (anything) comes out on PS4, it might be go time! lol

ROGETRAY

Staff

stryper2000 wrote:I just stumbled upon this through someone's signature badge .

I myself am a gamer, have been since teh mid 80's when my pairnts got our family a NES and even before then had played with a friend of mines Intellivision.

currently I own a PS3( my PSN ID is stryper2000 ) . I mostly play Call of Duty (teh last 2 releases and MW3 when I can) , I'm close to Prestige master on BLack Ops II and have a squad in Ghost's (Bravo Delta) . Wrestling Games are a favortie of mine as well. I also own a Ouya and play emulators and also McDickie's Wrestling Revolution.

I also like Arcade games, I go to Frankie's Fun Park( a local Amusement place near Greenville SC) and can't wait for Dave and Busters to open up in teh area

I'll try to keep up with this thread as it could be fun to interact with other Gamers here on Woof!

Very nice.

I kinda wanted to get a Ouya or GameStick awhile back but hered that teh Android/Game stores we're kinda empty with well titles.

Do you ever play it often and is it worth getting/trying out/owning for awhile until better games hit teh market?

ROGETRAY

Staff

Week 4/1/14

Which video games are these screenshots from?
(No prizes;but mad gamer respect?)

#6 (MUY DIFICIL!)

stryper2000

ROGETRAY wrote:Very nice.

I kinda wanted to get a Ouya or GameStick awhile back but hered that teh Android/Game stores we're kinda empty with well titles.

Do you ever play it often and is it worth getting/trying out/owning for awhile until better games hit teh market?

i guess if you're looking for something to play roms on a TV or rather unique games then yes get it . I actually got mine when it went on sale on teh Mutha Ship (Amazon) for $70. I have hered that you can use PS3 controllers with it .

teh only cons are that teh one i had only 8gb internal storage but it has a USB port in teh back for flash drives or maybe a external HDD

The Craphound of Woot

x39

FrostByte

ROGETRAY wrote:
Week 4/1/14

Without Google help, right?

#1: Bunny Foo Foo
#2: Off Road Racing
#3: South Park
#4: Life After the Oregon Trail (Assuming you didn't get dysentery)
#5: GTA Vice City
#6: Pokemon

oakenspirit

quality posts: 84 Private Messages oakenspirit
ROGETRAY wrote:No regrets! I'd be interested to hear your thoughts/review on the game.

AND YES...Shovel Knight does look pretty sweet :D
Looks like Duck Tales meets Wizards and Warriors LOL

I am really digging Starbound so far- I just finished construction on my BRAIN REMOVAL LASER THING so I can make a robot- pretty cool stuff, made better by SPACE- I wish game makers would get that- space makes everything better- ;)

stryper2000 wrote:I just stumbled upon this through someone's signature badge .

I myself am a gamer, have been since the mid 80's when my parents got our family a NES and even before then had played with a friend of mines Intellivision.

currently I own a PS3( my PSN ID is stryper2000 ) . I mostly play Call of Duty (the last 2 releases and MW3 when I can) , I'm close to Prestige master on BLack Ops II and have a squad in Ghost's (Bravo Delta) . Wrestling Games are a favortie of mine as well. I also own an Ouya and play emulators and also McDickie's Wrestling Revolution.

I also like Arcade games, I go to Frankie's Fun Park( a local Amusement place near Greenville SC) and can't wait for Dave and Busters to open up in the area

I'll try to keep up with this thread as it could be fun to interact with other Gamers here on WOOT

DUDE- I live in Boiling Springs, SC and used to go to Frankie's all the time! Small world... (which is an amazing board game if you are curious...)

Speaking of boardgames- I was just gifted BOSS MONSTER and a starter pack of the XWING miniatures game... Excite!

ringod30

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ringod30
FrostByte wrote:Without Google help, right?

I think 1 is Tiny Toones, and 3 is Monkey Island. I have no clue what 6 is.

ambermarie1221

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ambermarie1221
ROGETRAY wrote:
Week 4/1/14

#6 (MUY DIFICIL!)

#6 Legend of Mana for PS?

ROGETRAY

Staff

ROGETRAY

Staff

FrostByte wrote:Without Google help, right?

NO, good guess

WARM...YOUR'RE CLOSE...

YES!

NOPETY NOPE NOPE

YES!

YOU DID NOT CATCH THIS ONE.

ROGETRAY

Staff

ringod30 wrote:I think 1 is Tiny Toones, and 3 is Monkey Island. I have no clue what 6 is.

1 and 3 is correct!

dougall

quality posts: 14 Private Messages dougall

2 is rock n roll racing?

And 4 is the secret of monkey island.

Now.. What would it take to get avwoot sale of x-arcade sticks to feed my retro game addiction?

ROGETRAY

Staff

dougall wrote:2 is rock n roll racing?

And 4 is the secret of monkey island.

Now.. What would it take to get avwoot sale of x-arcade sticks to feed my retro game addiction?

CORRECT AND CORRECT!!

X-ARCADE STICKS: I dunno! I will have to ask around ;)

ROGETRAY

Staff

Week 4/7/14

NES EDITION! ;)

#6 (MUY DIFICIL!)

stryper2000

ROGETRAY wrote:
Week 4/7/14

NES EDITION! ;)

#6 (MUY DIFICIL!)

1 is Gilligans Island

2 is Adventure Island

3 is River City Ransom

4 is Bionic Commando, I have the remake on my PS3

5 is Batman

6 is ......I have no idea, :.(

The Craphound of Woot

x39

ROGETRAY

Staff

stryper2000 wrote:1 is Gilligans Island

2 is Adventure Island

3 is River City Ransom

4 is Bionic Commando, I have the remake on my PS3

5 is Batman

6 is ......I have no idea, :.(

EXCEPT FOR #6 ;)

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3642 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

I found the answer to #6 but had to search it a bit. I had never heard of that game! I won't ruin the fun for the rest of you.

ROGETRAY

Staff

conanthelibrarian wrote:I found the answer to #6 but had to search it a bit. I had never heard of that game! I won't ruin the fun for the rest of you.

FrostByte

conanthelibrarian wrote:I found the answer to #6 but had to search it a bit. I had never heard of that game! I won't ruin the fun for the rest of you.

I also cheated and have never heard of the game either.

I wonder if people would have any luck with a different screenshot of the action? I know it would have lead me to a wrong guess... that's for sure!

ROGETRAY

Staff

FrostByte wrote:I also cheated and have never heard of the game either.

I wonder if people would have any luck with a different screenshot of the action? I know it would have lead me to a wrong guess... that's for sure!

HINT:

HINT #2: Yes, it's a VERY rare NES game and almost everyone I know who had an NES system has NEVER played it.

I scarcely recall seeing a commercial when I was young and thinking it was for a movie about time travelling assassin robots hahaha ;)

dougall

Consider me cheating too...

:D

ROGETRAY

Staff

These are the games that made us throw controllers, start fights with siblings and wish certain doom to game developers.

REASONS: Too difficult, boring, laggy/buggy, didn't meet expectations, etc...

WEEK:4/7/14

This weeks' WORST VIDEO GAME EVER is:

Back to the Future: The Video Game NES - Released by LJN in 1989

I remember playing this game as a kid because I was OBSESSED with the Back to the Future movie.
I remember saving up all my money one summer to buy it and was super excited when I purchased it.

It turned out to be nothing like the movie. The video game had you running away from bees, picking up clocks and dodging (impossible to dodge) bullies (Biffs?!).
I don't think I ever made it past the Hill Valley Soda Shop?!

If you died at any part of the game....IT MADE YOU START ALL OVER AGAIN.
I remember getting so frustrated at the game that even when the game wouldn't load (and you had to blow on the cartridge to clean it/make it work) I wouldn't even spend my breath making sure the game worked.
I figured that even dust bunnies knew the game was trash.

Please comment/post and let us know what you think is the WORST VIDEO GAME OF ALL TIME

conanthelibrarian

A Nightmare on Elm Street

was a pretty rough game. I do not remember doing a whole lot, just a lot of walking. I remember playing a few times and got bored with it. Eventually I just stopped playing it and played a real game like Skate or Die! or Legend of Zelda.

ROGETRAY

Staff

conanthelibrarian wrote:A Nightmare on Elm Street
was a pretty rough game. I do not remember doing a whole lot, just a lot of walking. I remember playing a few times and got bored with it. Eventually I just stopped playing it and played a real game like Skate or Die! or Legend of Zelda.

SKATE OR DIE! Nice, I had forgotten that game lol

P.S Yes...Nightmare on Elm Street was ALSO a frustrating game. Along with Friday the 13th video game.

If it was a movie in the 80's it probably had a horrible video game associated with it.

conanthelibrarian

ROGETRAY wrote:SKATE OR DIE! Nice, I had forgotten that game lol

P.S Yes...Nightmare on Elm Street was ALSO a frustrating game. Along with Friday the 13th video game.

If it was a movie in the 80's it probably had a horrible video game associated with it.

I think I played Skate or Die! more than any other games besides Zelda and Mario Bros.. Right behind these were T & C Surf Designs.

dougall

ROGETRAY wrote:
Please comment/post and let us know what you think is the WORST VIDEO GAME OF ALL TIME

Ummmmm,

if I had to name one, it would likely be E.T. The Extra Terrestrial for the Atari 2600

If you have to ask why, then you should just go try to find a copy of the game, word on the street is that there are millions of unplayed copies buried in a New Mexico hole.

Edited to add...
Available HERE if you have never played it (Choose it from the dropdown list at the top)

FrostByte

dougall wrote:Ummmmm,

if I had to name one, it would likely be E.T. The Extra Terrestrial for the Atari 2600

If you have to ask why, then you should just go try to find a copy of the game, word on the street is that there are millions of unplayed copies buried in a New Mexico hole.

Edited to add...
Available HERE if you have never played it (Choose it from the dropdown list at the top)

I knew ET would make this list. I've tried the emulated version, and it's bad, but a lot of old games seem bad now.

I'm pretty selective when purchasing games which is basically all I play, so I'll have to think a bit about the worst game I've purchased.

Skate or Die was a blast though... we loved joust!

bsmith1

quality posts: 104 Private Messages bsmith1
ROGETRAY wrote:

River City Ransom was awesome! Gameplay, soundtrack, sauna; it had it all.

bsmith1

Mutant League Football and Hockey on the Sega were great. Also Footbrawl was like football version of Arch Rivals. "Send in the troll!" Good times.

dougall

FrostByte wrote:a lot of old games seem bad now.

A lot of old games are still awesome too even for the Atari.

If I were to look hard enough, I'm pretty sure I have a copy of ET laying around somewhere.

I'm getting all teary eyed and nostalgic now... time for a bit of classic gaming I think.

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 128 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

This is my pick for hardest game. I couldn't get through it (tho, my brothers had more patience), it was so easy to die and no real save points, the deaths were grotesque (to me at least) and everything was just freaky as heck. It was a really gorgeous game though.

FrostByte

dougall wrote:A lot of old games are still awesome too even for the Atari.

If I were to look hard enough, I'm pretty sure I have a copy of ET laying around somewhere.

I'm getting all teary eyed and nostalgic now... time for a bit of classic gaming I think.

I don't disagree that some hold up. If you asked my wife her favorite games, they are Ms. Pacman and Tapper (regular or the rootbeer variety).

Some others, you can tell were just arcade ports that were meant to give you about 1-2 minutes of fun before requiring more money.

If I still had my NES, I'd pop in Mario for a speed run every now and again.

dougall

Out of this world/Another world was an awesome game..

I think I completed it back in the early 90s.. not entirely sure though. The graphics and animation were groundbreaking at the time.

sellbuyer92

quality posts: 87 Private Messages sellbuyer92

Recently I will have to say Aliens:Colonial Marines.

It looked awesome because they used prerendered video to show for the ads. But when it came to it, the game was awful and was hilarious to play because it was so darn bad.

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 128 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

dougall wrote:Out of this world/Another world was an awesome game..

I think I completed it back in the early 90s.. not entirely sure though. The graphics and animation were groundbreaking at the time.

Most def! I was still pretty young when we played through it, I might have more luck now but it seemed like I was just constantly dying. The only game I can recall that I've just flat out given up on.

FrostByte

I've been a member of PS+ since they released it. It's a nice little service that gives me more games than I can possibly play.

One of the games I was very excited for when it was provided through the service was Borderlands.

I got maybe 30 minutes into it and have never played it again. I know plenty of people liked it, but I was not a fan. It was mainly because of the mechanics, I think.

I think I'd list that as my

bsmith1

FrostByte wrote:

One of the games I was very excited for when it was provided through the service was Borderlands.

I think I'd list that as my

What? The Borderlands games are great. Open world, side quests, funny dialog and characters, lots of different types of bad guys, good story, and loot! I'll admit that the mechanics are a little different, but you'd gotten used to them if you only gave it a chance.

dougall

I don't know if this is just new to me, or just isn't terribly well known.

BUT.

the internet archive have a number of software archives available for download, I found them after poking around a little more after posting my link to ET above.

anyways, there's a complete set of MAME roms from a couple of versions ago, there are a large number of TOSEC collections too,

so if you're yearning for some pacland action on your PC, you can download the relevant roms from archive.org, find a copy of MAME somewhere and play to your hearts content.