imika

quality posts: 1 Private Messages imika
crosbyja79 wrote:Hi there,

We already have a regular old pillow top attached (factory sewn) to the top of our mattress and the sheets are barely deep enough to fit now. Does anyone problems with getting (soft) sheets deep enough to cover the whole mattress with this thing on top?

Thanks much!

If you're already tight, you may need bigger sheets. I've got a sewn-on pillow topper, but my sheets had a bit of room, so adding a 3" topper (not this particular brand, but very similar) was still possible. However, with the pillow-top and the gel topper, my bed is almost comically high and perhaps a bit too soft. Sleep quality is definitely better than on pillow-top alone.

cousineaud

quality posts: 38 Private Messages cousineaud
zxinfinity wrote:As someone who has owned a 3" 4 lb. density memory foam topper before and a 10" 5.3 lb. density memory foam mattress, I would like to know a few things:
- How do the density ratings compare between gel and standard memory foam? I've found that the 4 lb. does not last over time, too weak and causes permanent depressions/weak spots which resulted in chest pain.
- I've found that 5.3 lb. density has the firmness that I like, but was too hot in the summer, so I switched back to spring. Spring has its advantages... in bed. Will this topper ruin that?
- What is the firmness level compared to the 5.3-lb. and 4-lb. density mattresses?
- What can others say about temperature comfort in a topper like this? Gel memory foam is sounding attractive due to the heat dissipation claims.

Thanks!

The second generation memory foams perform much better than older memory foams.

Your experiences (foam breaking down, sleeping hot) seems like you had purchased lower quality or older foam.

If you are already familiar with memory foam, you will be very pleased with how this high end memory foam performs.

We have many positive reviews from our prior deals on Woot.

I hope this helps.

mperei18

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mperei18
cousineaud wrote:These toppers can absolutely be used on coil spring beds.

Can you explain more the effects when using over spring mattress?

cousineaud

mperei18 wrote:Can you explain more the effects when using over spring mattress?

In essence, adding the topper would basically be creating a pillowtop mattress.

It would give you extra comfort, extra support and all of the benefits of high quality gel foam.

mperei18

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mperei18
cousineaud wrote:In essence, adding the topper would basically be creating a pillowtop mattress.

It would give you extra comfort, extra support and all of the benefits of high quality gel foam.

How much it will be different from a full gel foam mattress?

cousineaud

mperei18 wrote:How much it will be different from a full gel foam mattress?

Typically a gel foam mattress has different layers, it is not made of all gel foam. There would be a Gel Memory foam layer, then a base foam layer.

With a 3"Gel foam topper, you would be sleeping on the same amount of Gel Memory foam as a Gel Memory Foam mattress... At a fraction of the cost!

alizaga

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alizaga

Hello!
Can someone please provide me with the shipping box dimensions? I need to calculate costs for international shipping, thanks

cousineaud

alizaga wrote:Hello!
Can someone please provide me with the shipping box dimensions? I need to calculate costs for international shipping, thanks

3" Reversible Topper -- Box - 15 x 15 x 18.5 - All Sizes

3" Slab Topper -- 15x15x18.5 - Twin and Full , 15x15x26 - Queen, King, CalKing

alizaga

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alizaga
cousineaud wrote:3" Reversible Topper -- Box - 15 x 15 x 18.5 - All Sizes

3" Slab Topper -- 15x15x18.5 - Twin and Full , 15x15x26 - Queen, King, CalKing

Thanks very much

Chopsuey11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Chopsuey11

I bought the 2" flat one a couple months ago, best sleep ever. Only thing that could make it better is another 2" lol! Sleeps very cool, especially on cooler nights.

morfred

quality posts: 0 Private Messages morfred

Since a representative is on the forum let me ask-- I bought the 2" one a few months ago and love it. Now I want to buy this one also. How can I shrink the two inch one down to send it to another state. Is there a way to fold it up into a small parcel(and get the air out of it?)How do people send them back?

cousineaud

morfred wrote:Since a representative is on the forum let me ask-- I bought the 2" one a few months ago and love it. Now I want to buy this one also. How can I shrink the two inch one down to send it to another state. Is there a way to fold it up into a small parcel(and get the air out of it?)How do people send them back?

The best way would be to try to compress the topper yourself.

You are correct about getting the air out of the topper.

Get the topper as small as you can, put it into a plastic garbage bag and use a dry vac to suck out additional air. Then tightly wrap to keep it compressed. It is not easy, but can be done.

Good luck!

cacasoria

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cacasoria
loripoore1 wrote:Would this gel topper fold up decent for traveling purposes?

No, way too heavy. When I took it out of the box, I noticed that if I wanted to return it, there would be NO way to get it back in. Once it expands, it would be pretty difficult to get it back to a small enough shape to take anywhere.

That being said, I have the reversible gel one and it's awesome.

MalibuSky

quality posts: 2 Private Messages MalibuSky

Can you explain the differences between the two models? What reasons would you purchase one model over the other?

Thanks

shanzb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shanzb

I just bought the reversible gel, but curious as to why the solid gel one costs more?

cousineaud

MalibuSky wrote:Can you explain the differences between the two models? What reasons would you purchase one model over the other?

Thanks

Both models are made using the same memory foam, just cut in different ways. The reversible topper is sculpted on one side and the slab topper is a solid piece of foam. The slab topper is the most expensive since it has the most foam.

As far as comfort levels, the softest would be the reversible topper with sculpted side up, medium would be the reversible topper with sculpted side down and the most firm would be the slab topper.

I hope this helps!

jalaka

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jalaka

Can you discuss the difference between the reversible and the nonreversible topper

the manufacturer of this product and will be able to answer questions throughout the feature.[/quote]I am with

waz00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages waz00

I bought a similar gel topper (though not a Simmons) here a while back and it has shrunk substantially (there's now a 2-3" gap between the size of the topper and the mattress).

Is this endemic to the breed or did I just get a poorer quality product? I'd be happy to replace what I have with one of these if it wasn't going to exhibit the same issue.

cousineaud

waz00 wrote:I bought a similar gel topper (though not a Simmons) here a while back and it has shrunk substantially (there's now a 2-3" gap between the size of the topper and the mattress).

Is this endemic to the breed or did I just get a poorer quality product? I'd be happy to replace what I have with one of these if it wasn't going to exhibit the same issue.

Memory foam toppers are typically cut a little smaller than the mattress so that there is no unsightly overhang... but I have never heard of a topper shrinking.

cousineaud

shanzb wrote:I just bought the reversible gel, but curious as to why the solid gel one costs more?

Both are 3" thick, but the reversible is sculpted so there are peaks and valleys.. The 3" slab is a solid piece of foam (no cuts).

The slab foam has more foam ... more foam = more cost.

cousineaud

jalaka wrote:Can you discuss the difference between the reversible and the nonreversible topper

the manufacturer of this product and will be able to answer questions throughout the feature.

I am with[/quote]

Both models are made using the same memory foam, just cut in different ways. The reversible topper is sculpted on one side and the slab topper is a solid piece of foam. The slab topper is the most expensive since it has the most foam.

As far as comfort levels, the softest would be the reversible topper with sculpted side up, medium would be the reversible topper with sculpted side down and the most firm would be the slab topper.

MalibuSky

Which topper is "cooler" to sleep on?

cousineaud

MalibuSky wrote:Which topper is "cooler" to sleep on?

They are made with the same Gel Memory foam, so they have the same basic cooling properties.

But, due to the sculpted nature of the reversible topper which allows for even more air flow, I would say the reversible would be cooler.

zxinfinity

quality posts: 18 Private Messages zxinfinity

cousineaud, or any others, do you have any recommendations for spillproof, allergen reducing topper covers that don't ruin the comfort of these?

MalibuSky

I guess for us old menopausal women, the reversible it will be...hahahaha

cousineaud wrote:They are made with the same Gel Memory foam, so they have the same basic cooling properties.

But, due to the sculpted nature of the reversible topper which allows for even more air flow, I would say the reversible would be cooler.

tscatchell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tscatchell

Has anyone used one of these over a mattress that has some issues? Our mattress is only about five years old, but the side where my husband sleeps has a bit of a depression from his body. He's not heavy (170 lbs.), but this happened with our last mattress, too. It's not a pillow top, but it does have a layer of foam over the springs and that's what compresses, I guess.

Do you think this would give our mattress a new life for another year or two?

cousineaud

tscatchell wrote:Has anyone used one of these over a mattress that has some issues? Our mattress is only about five years old, but the side where my husband sleeps has a bit of a depression from his body. He's not heavy (170 lbs.), but this happened with our last mattress, too. It's not a pillow top, but it does have a layer of foam over the springs and that's what compresses, I guess.

The topper will give your mattress some extra life... but it really doesn't fix a totally broken down mattress.

If it is only a slight depression in your mattress... the topper would work perfectly. It cannot fix deeper sagging.

daquint

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daquint

I have a fake tempur pedic mattress that I just got that is pretty firm. is this a good addition or overkill?

Mark Quinteros

sbardizbanian

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sbardizbanian

My wife and I hated our bed and i bought one of these 3 inch Gel toppers and it really saved us from having to buy a new bed. There is an indentation on my side as it has been a year but still well worth it. I don't usually comment on too many items i purchase from woot but this item was great. Only Caveat is that I don't remember the brand and I may have purchased it from Daily Steals but it was a 3 inch Gel topper.

sfv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sfv
tscatchell wrote:Has anyone used one of these over a mattress that has some issues? Our mattress is only about five years old, but the side where my husband sleeps has a bit of a depression from his body. He's not heavy (170 lbs.), but this happened with our last mattress, too. It's not a pillow top, but it does have a layer of foam over the springs and that's what compresses, I guess.

I have a very firm, but old, queensize mattress, which has a number of indentations. I bought this 3 inch topper from Woot last fall, and it is wonderful. It is like a brand new mattress.
My houseguests slept on it last weekend. She loved it, he didnt care too much for it, not sure why. I would say for the price you cannot go wrong.

LakeFairy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LakeFairy
prissyrabbit wrote:This is a bit of a strange question I guess... Would anyone who has this think it would be fairly easy to cut this gel topper? foam,

VERY easily cut. We bought one of these locally at Big Lots in a queen size for our boat. Since the bed is in the bow, it forms a V, so I just put it over the seats, and cut the V to tuck. No issues.

HoboJoe427

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HoboJoe427

I also bought a rather firm (non-gel) memory foam mattress that is less comfortable than I had hoped. Will adding this help?

GovtCheese

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GovtCheese

What the heck, I'll give it shot

mdnorman

quality posts: 50 Private Messages mdnorman
conanthelibrarian wrote:Time to learn more about the foam topper over at the product page and lets learn all about A Good Night's Sleep

This is the kind of post that makes me wonder just how many of your 2500 "quality" posts are totally random, and essentially useless.

cousineaud

HoboJoe427 wrote:I also bought a rather firm (non-gel) memory foam mattress that is less comfortable than I had hoped. Will adding this help?

Yes, this item would help considerably.

giro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages giro

What do these weigh? Specifically the queen size.

michaelapfel81gmail

quality posts: 0 Private Messages michaelapfel81gmail
cousineaud wrote:Hi,

I am with the manufacturer of this product and will be able to answer questions throughout the feature.

What is the advantage/disadvantages between getting the gel or the reversible gel topper?

michaelapfel81gmail

quality posts: 0 Private Messages michaelapfel81gmail

What is the advantage/disadvantages between getting the gel or the reversible gel topper?

cousineaud

michaelapfel81gmail wrote:What is the advantage/disadvantages between getting the gel or the reversible gel topper?

Advantage of the reversible topper is that it is less expensive... But the slab is the top of the line.

GWWinAZ

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GWWinAZ

What is the best way to recycle or dispose of the old 3" foam topper (not gel)?