baumsker21

quality posts: 1 Private Messages baumsker21

Anyone have experience using any of the Galaxy 3 Tabs as a universal remote? Luckily enough I have mostly Samsung tech (Blu-Ray, TV, Soundbar).

vibes4me

quality posts: 3 Private Messages vibes4me

Dude you need an HP Touchpad (not slate) those are the best I got one off Woot and my life has changed for the best. Got rid of the wife, kids (kept the dog) and now I just play on my HP Touchpad all day.

buellwinkle wrote:I've own several tablets and I have to say that Samsung makes the worst of them all. They use a proprietary charger connector (not usb). Battery life is mediocre. Battery doesn't sustain a charge over time like other tablets. They have the Samsung front end over Android which is annoying. Then I have apps that work on other Android devices and then crash on Samsung, including my Galaxy S4 phone.

They only redeeming value is they typically have an IR emitter, so you can use as a remote. The apps it comes with for this are not that good, wrong programming, wrong channels. My only hope is that someday I can find a good remote control app with channel guide that is accurate. When you think even OTA channels would be accurate, wrong.

bluemaple

quality posts: 77 Private Messages bluemaple
amiable1 wrote:You are right, I stand corrected. But so was the ASUS Tablet I bought here. My original question remains -- am I the only one afraid to pull the handle on a "factory refurbished" tablet?

@amiable1, you could pay about 25% more for a new Tab 3 10.1, below ('Click to see price in cart'), that also requires a $50 rebate to get down to $249.97.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8196264&CatId=6845

spikedknight

quality posts: 5 Private Messages spikedknight

If you by a tab or phone w/ IR transmitter, I recommend Smart Remote, paid a few bucks for it but it blows the free one's I tried out of the water, especially the stock one. It controls 2 TVs, blu ray player, surround sound system, and my Nikon DSLR flawlessly.

Overall, Samsung may have one of the heavier skins on Android, but, as stated numerous times, a lot can be shut off, and a lot I find helpful (coming from a Samsung background, S2 & S4 phone, plus extensive Tab Pro 12.2 & Note 10.1 2014 play time).
I am already waiting for a 8" Note in the mail, I suspect it'll be perfect for my use after retiring my A500.

Oh, and the Sammys all allow expandable storage, which is pretty useful if you want to load up media for off wifi travel.

profile V 2.0

garretta

quality posts: 0 Private Messages garretta

I recommend burning a few extra bucks and buying latest Samsung Galaxy Tab PRO 8.4in.

resolution:
2560x1600

quad-core

2G RAM

mucho better... $350.

Note .. I just bought two TAB 3 8.0's a month ago from woot. One arrived with broken volume rocker .. woot accepted rma with little hassle except for my time and out pocket shipping.

wootusr112

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootusr112

Would this be still under warranty? If we get the Square Trade warranty, Would it cover in other countries (like India)? Thanks.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

wootusr112 wrote:Would this be still under warranty? If we get the Square Trade warranty, Would it cover in other countries (like India)? Thanks.

These come with a 90-day Samsung but you would probably have to pay to send it back to the US. As far as the SquareTrade warranty, you would need to ask them that.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

curtisngl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages curtisngl

Would there be any physical imperfections or signs of wear?

dale380

quality posts: 5 Private Messages dale380

The 8" is cheaper on eBay after you account for the shipping and tax. $159 with free shipping on ebay, and it's also factory recertified with a 90-day Samsung warranty.

ThunderThighs

Staff

curtisngl wrote:Would there be any physical imperfections or signs of wear?

Yes, there could be.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

oonedreddsme

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oonedreddsme

I have a Tab 2 7" and purchased a HDMI adapter but my Tab 2 is not compatible with it. Are any of the Tab 3s compatible with a HDMI adapter? I want to be able to connect a Tab to a TV for watching movies when traveling. I think the Samsung Tabs are an excellent low cost Tablet.

SharBear613

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SharBear613

I am not a tech person AT ALL, so any help anyone can give me is greatly appreciated.
Does this tablet have Flash? I play a few games on Facebook and online poker sites that require flash. I don't see in the specs where it states it.
Can anyone help? Thank you!

SharBear613

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SharBear613

Can anyone tell me if this tablet supports Adobe Flash?
I play a few games on Facebook and some online poker sites that require Flash. I don't see on the specs where it indicated if it does or not.
Only reason I am looking at a tablet. I have a Nook and love it, but it doesn't support Flash.

Thank you!!

bluemaple

quality posts: 77 Private Messages bluemaple

@garretta, yes, the Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 is "mucho better". But at more than twice the price of this Woot Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 ($155), that Pro 8.4 ($350) is also "mucho más dinero".

If that is only "burning a few extra bucks", what would it take to "burn a lot of extra bucks"?

garretta wrote:I recommend burning a few extra bucks and buying latest Samsung Galaxy Tab PRO 8.4in.

resolution:
2560x1600

quad-core

2G RAM

mucho better... $350.

elapla9635

quality posts: 1 Private Messages elapla9635
elapla9635 wrote:

I agree! I'm sorry if I messed up my posting. I've never had a reason to complain to woot before. I bought this last week, and I want my money back. You can use any of the apps I bought this for on this tablet. ( I bought 8 inch 16 gig). Won't support Disney app, and so, so many more. I have had all the samsung phones, I LOVE THEM. Please C.S. Get back to me! I want a refund. This is just not getting job done, AT ALL.

ThunderThighs

Staff

elapla9635 wrote:I agree! I'm sorry if I messed up my posting. I've never had a reason to complain to woot before. I bought this last week, and I want my money back. You can use any of the apps I bought this for on this tablet. ( I bought 8 inch 16 gig). Won't support Disney app, and so, so many more. I have had all the samsung phones, I LOVE THEM. Please C.S. Get back to me! I want a refund. This is just not getting job done, AT ALL.

Our return policy is linked in my signature. CS response time is 1-2 business days. Be sure to check your spam/junk folders.

FORUM MODERATOR

wizeguy6

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wizeguy6
amiable1 wrote:You are right, I stand corrected. But so was the ASUS Tablet I bought here. My original question remains -- am I the only one afraid to pull the handle on a "factory refurbished" tablet?

No, you're not the only one. But really, isn't that part of the "game" with refurbs? It can be a pretty substantial roll of the dice in certain cases, but a great deal makes everyone feel good! The very first item I bought on Woot was a refurbished Sansa Fuze media player for less than $30. Four and a half years later, it's still a great little device.

I've found that "factory" refurb work still could have been done by a questionable subcontractor. Having said that, the very first problem I encountered, out of many refurbished goods purchases, was a Gen 2 Nexus 7 purchased through Woot. It was dead on arrival. Probably dead on departure too & should never have been resold. But Woot easily took care of the return, and I opted for a Newegg open-box deal on a new Nexus 7 for about the same price.

hibrjr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hibrjr

This TAB-Stravaganza is chopping my hide! I pulled the trigger during this last Woot Off and picked up the 7" Tab 3. That was listed as a "refurbished" item. Now, days later, these are offered as "factory reconditioned". I can only hope the Woot Off listing was incorrect. Was it? Please say it was! I bought a 10" Tab a while back that was a facory refurb and it looked and acts flawless.

elapla9635

quality posts: 1 Private Messages elapla9635
ThunderThighs wrote:Our return policy is linked in my signature. CS response time is 1-2 business days. Be sure to check your spam/junk folders.

. I have checked. You gave me one of those " crazy little numbers" for my account. I still have had NATA, ZERO, ZILCH word for you guys. I just want to return! I will be more then happy to pay the 15% re-stocking fee, for this GOD AWFUL MISTAKE. I Need to know how to send back and etc. customer service, well, all they gave me is.a number. I've been a long time buyer and poster. I'm unhappy and I will stick to iPads for tablets. Like I said. I bought this model for certain apps ( Disney and.a few more mostly). Better to loose a 169.00 toy then a 500.00 one. Buttttt, it's unusable !

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 168 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

elapla9635 wrote:. I have checked. You gave me one of those " crazy little numbers" for my account. I still have had NATA, ZERO, ZILCH word for you guys. I just want to return! I will be more then happy to pay the 15% re-stocking fee, for this GOD AWFUL MISTAKE. I Need to know how to send back and etc. customer service, well, all they gave me is.a number. I've been a long time buyer and poster. I'm unhappy and I will stick to iPads for tablets. Like I said. I bought this model for certain apps ( Disney and.a few more mostly). Better to loose a 169.00 toy then a 500.00 one. Buttttt, it's unusable !

I've already forwarded your post and information along to Woot Member Services to see if they've responded and found a solution to the problem you're facing.

Thanks for your continued patience during this matter.

sdkammer

quality posts: 30 Private Messages sdkammer
votm2006 wrote:If you want an 8 inch tablet, check out the Dell Venue 8. It has a 2ghz proccesor, 2gb ram and 32gb storage. I got mine for 179 brand new.

I used to love samsung but after buying their best products I'm left very disappointed. My Note 2 is still running 4.1 and my NX300 still has bugs. The tab 3's were such a minor upgrade over the 2's and way behind the Dell Venue so I bought the Dell. There is no support from samsung and they dont seem to care much about what their customers think about anything.

Goodbye samsung and good ridence.

Hmmm...my Note 2 is running 4.3. Verizon...

noot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages noot
vibes4me wrote:Dude you need an HP Touchpad (not slate) those are the best I got one off Woot and my life has changed for the best. Got rid of the wife, kids (kept the dog) and now I just play on my HP Touchpad all day.

Funny-- I am buying a 10-incher (heh) because my TouchPad (from Woot) is finally bogging down. I'm running Cyanogenmod on it, but so many apps don't work properly anymore. It's time to move on, and Consumer Reports gives it a 90/100.

tsurukame

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tsurukame

I am especially leery of refurbed tablets. I doubt they actually open them. Probably just reflash and run a few tests. Just sent a refurb Kindle back to Amazon within a week after buying it. It kept shutting off randomly. Will stick with new in this tech category from now on.

tizoo1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tizoo1

I received this from Woot, and the battery did NOT work, I tried to get them to send me a label to send it back, almost 2 weeks later, I got the shipping label. I was not happy with the speed of Woots service.

ThunderThighs

Staff

tizoo1 wrote:I received this from Woot, and the battery did NOT work, I tried to get them to send me a label to send it back, almost 2 weeks later, I got the shipping label. I was not happy with the speed of Woots service.

I'm sorry for the delay.

Before you give up on the tablet, make sure you charge it for a full 24hr via a wall plug. It will not charge from a computer. Also, batteries are often shipped completely drained for safety reasons so that's why you need a good long charge the first time.

FORUM MODERATOR