+ Add a Comment

rainielu

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rainielu

I bought this in November 2013 and it is awesome. I have mine set up on my old box springs. I'd rate it as medium firm. I am so pleased with this mattress!

vmxdry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vmxdry
vmxdry wrote:I have an IKEA bed w/ their Sultan Laxeby support base (x2, as it's a queen bed). Will this supply enough support for the mattress? It is relatively open and given that it is two of them screwed together to make the queen size, it has a rigid support at the center and some flex where each of two people would sleep.

Thoughts?

ps - these are the supports I was talking about: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60125969/

entraine

quality posts: 2 Private Messages entraine
mikeylikesit71 wrote:So my standard frame should work and i can toss the mattress, box spring & foam topper? meaning this one product replaces all and is stiff enuff to sit on current frame I have? Most like this require a platform bed set up

No, you would not be able to insert this into a normal bedframe without a box spring.

You could use a normal frame if you put some plywood across in place of the box spring in order to give it a solid bottom.

entraine

quality posts: 2 Private Messages entraine
cousineaud wrote:Hi All ,

I am with the manufacturer and will be able to answer any questions you have.

Who is the manufacturer of these?

[MOD: We often can't give out the manufacturer's name because their other retail channels get mad at them over the prices. Our buyers work to get you the best price possible. Sorry, but no name.]

wesayso

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wesayso

Pulled the trigger on this. Hope the wife likes it!

Update: Set the mattress up on our old boxspring. We love it! Not too warm, and oh so comfortable. Don't wake with any sore spots now.

hermklos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hermklos

What is the firmness of this mattress? I am very interested in two mattresses

cousineaud

quality posts: 43 Private Messages cousineaud
hermklos wrote:What is the firmness of this mattress? I am very interested in two mattresses

We would consider this to be a medium firm mattress.

blipper67

quality posts: 8 Private Messages blipper67
cousineaud wrote:We would consider this to be a medium firm mattress.

Then it would be an excellent candidate for a 2" Latex International talatech or natural talalay topper, or Radium brand. An ILD of 19 or even the softest, most plush, 14 ILD would put you in the cloud.

I built my own latex mattress but like I said, this would probably be an excellent choice to top if off. Why? You sleep in gel foam, not on it like latex. Latex is cool because of the open cell structure and large holes and not difficult to rotate body positions unlike gel memory foam. And, latex lasts forever. Rotate/flip the topper, not the mattress if you must.

Gel or latex - they need to be on a solid box, NOT box springs.

MarthaRW

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MarthaRW
Sokudoningyou wrote:Gel Memory Foam Layer 3.5 lbs.
Air Flow Comfort Foam Layer 3 lbs.

That's all the specs say.

If you're hauling this, don't forget that the spec is for a certain measurement (square foot?). The entire mattress is quite heavy in its compressed state, though easier to move than in its uncompressed state.

theneuron

quality posts: 1 Private Messages theneuron

Anyone have experience with this bed and a Tempurpedic. I'm still getting the best sleep ever on my 19 year old Temp but no longer need a Cal. King. Would like to hear from someone who has used both. I have spinal stenosis and bad disc and memory foam is great! It is warm so I sleep in a cold room and use a blanket to avoid the warm under/cold over problem. Difficulty turning over isn't a problem when you never turnover. I never did for about first 5-7 years but now have to every couple of hours as stenosis only gets worse with age.

vze2hnvz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages vze2hnvz
erish911 wrote:Been wanting to upgrade mattress to a king size memory foam. Wondering if anyone out there who's taken advantage of this deal has any advice or thoughts on it?

I bought this in King last November. Best sleep I've ever had. Support is superb. I'm usually a very hot sleeper, and have had issues with memory foam mattresses in hotels. I was a bit leery on purchasing it due to this, but I have had zero issues with this one. The gel layer must really do it's job. If your on the fence.....buy it.......NOW....guaranteed these will sell out.

GlassJoe

quality posts: 2 Private Messages GlassJoe

So I've had a Healthy Foundations 10" mattress for probably close to 10 years and I'm wondering if it's time to replace it. Seems fine, but I'm not sleeping quite as well as I used to (of course, I'm over 40 now, not just over 30...lol). Do these things half similar shelf-lives of traditional mattresses (8ish years)? Anyone have experience with a Healthy Foundation mattress compared to this perhaps? The HF mattress has 2" of 4lb memory foam on top of 2" of 5lb memory foam on top of 6" of 2.3lb poly foam (your basic foam), so how might this mattress compare firmness-wise to my current one (asking the manufacturer guy)? TIA!

abenormal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abenormal

I bought the Boyd Specialty Sleep "Responda" 12" Queen Memory Foam mattress last time it was on sale here. We are quite happy with the comfort so far, but the text description on Woot did not match the actual mattress we received. Woot's description described the RespondaFlex 5122, we received the RespondaFlex 5121. In any case, it has been very nice to sleep on. We have it on top of our old box spring temporarily and it seems fine. It came in a smaller box than one might expect for a Queen mattress, it would easily fit in the back of a Subaru Outback. It weighed about 73 lbs, and I had no problem carrying it up our cramped staircase. We opened it up right before we went out of town for two days, but there was no chemical smell. Woot's price was half that of the same mattress elsewhere, and 1/4 of an actual Tempurpedic.

All that said, I do not think that the Boyd is today's mattress...

blipper67

GlassJoe wrote:So I've had a Healthy Foundations 10" mattress for probably close to 10 years and I'm wondering if it's time to replace it. Seems fine, but I'm not sleeping quite as well as I used to (of course, I'm over 40 now, not just over 30...lol). Do these things half similar shelf-lives of traditional mattresses (8ish years)? Anyone have experience with a Healthy Foundation mattress compared to this perhaps? The HF mattress has 2" of 4lb memory foam on top of 2" of 5lb memory foam on top of 6" of 2.3lb poly foam (your basic foam), so how might this mattress compare firmness-wise to my current one (asking the manufacturer guy)? TIA!

If you're looking for durability (and comfort) latex has been known to last 50 years. I fear that the materials in this mattress will not last, as is the case with this industry today who are using cheap materials wrapped in a fancy cover.

kparus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kparus

What is the return policy if I order one and I don't like it?

[MOD: Return Policy]

XTCfan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages XTCfan

Don't wait to rain on everyone's parade here, but the specs of 3 to 3.5-lb density are VERY low. This mattress will no doubt feel good when you start sleeping on it (esp. if you're new to memory foam), but it won't be durable. You want density specs of 5 lbs or above. All questions answered here:

http://www.themattressunderground.com/

It's an amazing site -- full of useful info. I used it extensively when buying my last mattress. See this link particularly:

http://www.themattressunderground.com/our-articles/memory-foam-pros-and-cons.html

Also, a standard box spring is not the best base for a memory foam or latex mattress. Read what Phoenix, the admin of the site above, has to say about the subject here:

http://www.themattressunderground.com/mattress-forum/general-mattresses/5913-the-best-foundations-or-base-for-a-latex-or-all-foam-mattress.html

cousineaud

cousineaud wrote:I will have to check for exact dimensions when I get to my office... But the mattress is really compressed and ships via ups... Off the top of my head: 26" x 26" x 42"

Please note the mattresses ship compressed in a bag that is 23 x 18 x 40.

timfear

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timfear
hykurt wrote:What are the shipped dimensions of the King mattress? Everything gets delivered to our apartment office and I'd like to know if it's small enough to haul home on a hand truck. (Is 1/3 of each listed dimension close?)

I just bought something similar from Costco this week for a lot more money - damn it! So far sleeps great. It's amazing how small the box is - we ordered a queen and it weighed 123 lbs in a fairly compact box. When you open it it inflates like a life raft yet is very firm when done decompressing. You can easily haul it on a hand truck. I wish I had one when I manhandled mine up the stairs.

cousineaud

vmxdry wrote:ps - these are the supports I was talking about: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60125969/

Wow, I have never seen that product before.

From what I can see, you would be able to use this mattress on that platform.

AmrineA

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AmrineA

Does anyone know if this uses CertiPUR-US foam?

thephatman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thephatman

What is the density of the base layer? The two top layers are mentioned in the specs, but not the base...

cousineaud

XTCfan wrote:Don't wait to rain on everyone's parade here, but the specs of 3 to 3.5-lb density are VERY low. This mattress will no doubt feel good when you start sleeping on it (esp. if you're new to memory foam), but it won't be durable. You want density specs of 5 lbs or above. All questions answered here:

http://www.themattressunderground.com/

It's an amazing site -- full of useful info. I used it extensively when buying my last mattress. See this link particularly:

http://www.themattressunderground.com/our-articles/memory-foam-pros-and-cons.html

Also, a standard box spring is not the best base for a memory foam or latex mattress. Read what Phoenix, the admin of the site above, has to say about the subject here:

http://www.themattressunderground.com/mattress-forum/general-mattresses/5913-the-best-foundations-or-base-for-a-latex-or-all-foam-mattress.html

The comment on density is not exactly accurate. With older generation memory foam, density was very important for all the reasons stated in the links. But, this high density memory foam would also sleep very hot.

For this reason, new generations of memory foam were produced. The Gel Memory Foam uses open cell technology and infused Gel to give all the benefits of the heavier weight memory foam without the heat issues. This results in a longer lasting, more durable and frankly better memory foam.

The mattress also comes with a 15 year warranty!

I hope this helps!

cousineaud

AmrineA wrote:Does anyone know if this uses CertiPUR-US foam?

Yes.

cousineaud

GlassJoe wrote:So I've had a Healthy Foundations 10" mattress for probably close to 10 years and I'm wondering if it's time to replace it. Seems fine, but I'm not sleeping quite as well as I used to (of course, I'm over 40 now, not just over 30...lol). Do these things half similar shelf-lives of traditional mattresses (8ish years)? Anyone have experience with a Healthy Foundation mattress compared to this perhaps? The HF mattress has 2" of 4lb memory foam on top of 2" of 5lb memory foam on top of 6" of 2.3lb poly foam (your basic foam), so how might this mattress compare firmness-wise to my current one (asking the manufacturer guy)? TIA!

I would say that after 10 years, it would be time for a new mattress. As described in one of my other posts, the memory foam technology has advanced where you would definitely feel a difference in a new mattress.

cousineaud

Sokudoningyou wrote:Gel Memory Foam Layer 3.5 lbs.
Air Flow Comfort Foam Layer 3 lbs.

That's all the specs say.

The first two layers are the memory foam layers (which affect the comfort). The base layer is constructed with a 2 lb. polyurethane base foam for support and stability.

Hope this helps!

EasyGoinGal

quality posts: 2 Private Messages EasyGoinGal

Do you think this would be too thick to work on an adjustable bed?

gr0m17 wrote:I can honestly say it's the nicest mattress I've ever slept on.
(link to previous sale: http://home.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5613314&ref=cnt_odet_jtd )

cousineaud

Wicked Gollum wrote:@cousineaud: If possible, I would like to purchase an additional plush cover.

Can you point me to one that would fit this mattress and is in the same style as the one that currently covers it?

Thanks Cousin!

-D

Unfortunately, we don't sell just the covers. Sorry!

werekong

quality posts: 7 Private Messages werekong

I've never seen a mattress on woot that was extra long twin. I guess tall people are out of luck.

blipper67

XTCfan wrote:Also, a standard box spring is not the best base for a memory foam or latex mattress. Read what Phoenix, the admin of the site above, has to say about the subject here:

Phoenix is good, but he's also one of the most narcisstic, know-it-all prone to censorship admins I've ever seen while (falsely) affirming he practices "transparency". He hates when someone corrects him and is quick to belittle and censor those who diplomatically do. He's out to sell those firms who pay his membership fees and that includes vendors who sell pricey slatted type foundations. Says latex needs air or it will mildew so here's this slatted foundation or if you're stuck with a flat box this here expensive coir mat to lay the mattress on.

Well, latex is mildew resistant due to its open cell structure and holes. After researching gurus in the latex industry, I posted that a cheap flat top box is all you need - a sheet of plywood over a reinforced box.

One thing led to another and I was banned, censored, from further discussions. Do your homework at some other sites too.

iceman2989

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iceman2989
EasyGoinGal wrote:Do you think this would be too thick to work on an adjustable bed?

This thickness is quite common on adjustable bases, you shouldn't have any trouble.

Source: I sell mattresses for a living.

cousineaud

iceman2989 wrote:This thickness is quite common on adjustable bases, you shouldn't have any trouble.

Source: I sell mattresses for a living.

Great! Thanks IceMan!

cousineaud

blipper67 wrote:Phoenix is good, but he's also one of the most narcisstic, know-it-all prone to censorship admins I've ever seen. He HATES when someone corrects him and is quick to belittle and censor those who diplomatically do. He's out to sell those firms who pay his membership fees and that includes vendors who sell pricey slatted type foundations. Says latex needs air or it will mildew. Well, latex is mildew resistant due to its open cell structure and holes. After researching gurus in the latex industry, I posted that a cheap flat top box is all you need - a sheet of plywood over a reinforced box.

One thing led to another and I was banned, censored, from further discussions. Do your homework at some other sites too.

Hi Blipper,

I promise you won't get banned from here!

dramy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dramy

Can you specify the firmness of this mattress, and if it is more appropriate for back, side or stomach sleepers? Thanks!

I am with the manufacturer and will be able to answer any questions you have.[/quote]

blipper67

cousineaud wrote:Hi Blipper,

I promise you won't get banned from here!

Thanks!

Your info (density and such) about the new gel foam product is important. I think your products are a safe bet and like I said, if folks want to kick it up a notch, a 2-3" latex topper is a nice touch for the ultimate in comfort..... meaning your mattress provides the firm support required. Got to have that suppport under the comfort layers first. Price is right fer sure.

cousineaud

dramy wrote:Can you specify the firmness of this mattress, and if it is more appropriate for back, side or stomach sleepers? Thanks!

I am with the manufacturer and will be able to answer any questions you have.

[/quote]

Hi, we would consider this to be medium firmness.

We really don't specify by sleeper type... I own this mattress... I am a back sleeper and my wife is a front sleeper and we both love it.

thee88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thee88

If you have a box spring, can you put this mattress on top of that or do you need to go the foundation route?

manticore1977

quality posts: 0 Private Messages manticore1977

Any idea on when these will ship out? I'm so ready for a good night's sleep again!

djpigwoot3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djpigwoot3

Is this the type of mattress that one person can move around and it won't transfer that movement and affect the other person in bed? I am a light sleeper and when my wife moves around, it wakes me up. This happens several times a night. Would this mattress help?

cousineaud

thee88 wrote:If you have a box spring, can you put this mattress on top of that or do you need to go the foundation route?

The mattress can go right on the box spring.

cousineaud

manticore1977 wrote:Any idea on when these will ship out? I'm so ready for a good night's sleep again!

With Monday being a Holiday, the mattresses wouldn't start to ship until next Tuesday. But all should be shipped out by next Wednesday. Shipping times vary, but you should receive in about 4 days from when it is shipped.