jennkaotic

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jennkaotic

Nice..

krbiwa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krbiwa

Great price! In for one set.

Costar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Costar
Lera wrote:Are they fluffy or more compact?

They're pretty fluffy - recommend washing before first use because they shed fluff out of the package.

Bacon817

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bacon817

Looks like a good set

slz254

quality posts: 5 Private Messages slz254

I've bought these before, and I really like them. I agree with the advice to wash them once or twice before you use them, or they will shed. Bought two of them this time around.

Craig00001

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Craig00001

They look ok.

Jamessir

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Jamessir

Towels are super important?

I'm so easy a caveman could do me!

rogrod83

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rogrod83

I bought two sets....

zumbaozoom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zumbaozoom

Bought 3...just because. Somebody stop me!

mistrey00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mistrey00

They also absorb much better after washing them a few times. In any event, I'd hope everyone washes bath towels before they use them the first time. Otherwise, think of all the lovely chemicals you're slathering on your fresh bathed skin. Ye Gods! -I really am my parents...and this realization is starting to happen on a daily basis.

lsdus3r

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lsdus3r

Will buy a few of these to wipe my tears for not getting any of the Birthday of Celebrations or the $10 deals.

bmrbill

quality posts: 129 Private Messages bmrbill

Once again, missed it!!!

lilpav

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilpav

Are these softer than newborn kittens?

rachael

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rachael

well, I just bought 2 . I needed more towels.

sg1girl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sg1girl

Two sets for me now I need to get rid of many old ones I no longer need to horde. Sound close to some I already have with everyone saying they need to be washed a few times first. If so I'll be happy as I loved the last towels I got that needed this.

flyswatter

quality posts: 3 Private Messages flyswatter

I recommend avoiding the driftwood color based on my experience. After 3 weeks of use, most of them have "splotchy" colors, that almost look lie bleach stains -- kind of an orange-ish color. I do not use bleach in my washing at all. I wash exclusively cold water, and have washed these towels specifically by themselves (no other laundry), and with no fabric softener (liquid or sheets).

Other than the complaint above, the towels are of very good quality, and get the job done -- my complaint is somewhat a minor one when compared to the small investment in price.

Marshus

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Marshus

Towels are the most important thing. Never leave home without your trusty towel.

thatgrrl

quality posts: 9 Private Messages thatgrrl

Bought the cranberry color on the last time they were sold. In for another set. I think I possibly treat towels differently from others. Well, laundry generally. I only wash in cold water on gentle cycle. These towels have been fantastic. Much more thick than I expected for the price. Very little bleeding. I accidentally washed a white item with the towels the first time out. Could barely tell; certainly didn't look pink when I pulled it out. Again, could be due to only washing in cold water. Sure, some lint during the first wash. Less the second time and thereafter by a LOT. No fraying. Very absorbent. Treat your towels well and they'll dry your nuts nicely.

Leslie14

quality posts: 77 Private Messages Leslie14
relytyelgis wrote:T'owls for V'owls!

Beat me to it! :D

mazibet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mazibet

I ordered these about a month ago when they were offered. They seem like pretty decent towels and are a good size, especially for the price. They are absorbent. I bought them in Cream and Wedgewood.

sstubbe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sstubbe

Only available in white? Too bad.

thatgrrl

quality posts: 9 Private Messages thatgrrl
sstubbe wrote:Only available in white? Too bad.

Available in more than that, although some of the colors are sold out. Click on "I want one" and pull down the drop down menu.

justjking

quality posts: 1 Private Messages justjking

Ended up with two sets, despite the lack of green.

hockeyham

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hockeyham

I bought 6 of these last month. They are great towels!

Wash them first before first use, especially the darker colors.

Me.

borntohunt

quality posts: 103 Private Messages borntohunt

Happy Birthday Woot!

Thanks for the good deals.

peaceetc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages peaceetc

I ordered two sets of these towels, and they shipped out today. The package is 10.10 lbs, so I'm pretty sure they are made of rocks.

I've won a lot of bags of crud. Envy me.

therealjrn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages therealjrn
thatgrrl wrote:Bought the cranberry color on the last time they were sold. In for another set. I think I possibly treat towels differently from others. Well, laundry generally. I only wash in cold water on gentle cycle. These towels have been fantastic. Much more thick than I expected for the price. Very little bleeding. I accidentally washed a white item with the towels the first time out. Could barely tell; certainly didn't look pink when I pulled it out. Again, could be due to only washing in cold water. Sure, some lint during the first wash. Less the second time and thereafter by a LOT. No fraying. Very absorbent. Treat your towels well and they'll dry your nuts nicely.

I agree totally with your post, excepting I added a cup or two of pure white vinegar for the first two washes. I think people must be "wrapping the towels" around the post in the washer instead of dropping them straight down in the washer.
I don't have a fancy washer or anything but I read this somewhere about placing laundry in washers with a center agitator.

Straight down, distributed evenly. Works for me!

1st Birthday of Celebrations finally! Happy 10th Woot!

therealjrn

peaceetc wrote:I ordered two sets of these towels, and they shipped out today. The package is 10.10 lbs, so I'm pretty sure they are made of rocks.

No rocks and they are indeed 5lbs each 2-pack. Don't wash them with rocks. Wash them in cold water a couple of times with a cup or two of pure white vinegar on a gentle cycle, then dry gently each time before service. Might want to clean the lint filter halfway through each time.

Drop them straight down around the agitator, evenly...

Enjoy! I love mine!

peaceetc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages peaceetc
therealjrn wrote:No rocks and they are indeed 5lbs each 2-pack. Don't wash them with rocks. Wash them in cold water a couple of times with a cup or two of pure white vinegar on a gentle cycle, then dry gently each time before service. Might want to clean the lint filter halfway through each time.

Drop them straight down around the agitator, evenly...

Enjoy! I love mine!

So not rocks, the towels rock, and if I wash them right, then I can rock & roll? Okay, got it. Thanks.

I've won a lot of bags of crud. Envy me.

therealjrn

peaceetc wrote:So not rocks, the towels rock, and if I wash them right, then I can rock & roll? Okay, got it. Thanks.

Heh. Yup! I forgot to mention, use no fabric softener on you nice new towels! Don't use liquid, don't use those dryer sheets...use no fabric softener! Fabric softener makes the towels repel water. Who knew there were so many rules for towels?