Dog Face

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dog Face
manhandsha wrote:I emailed the buyer for confirmation. Check back for an update.

Any definitive word on this yet?

blankman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blankman
bentcue007 wrote:Kershaw,,,rather have one of their big brother knives from Zero Tolerance...and if you are not cutting twine or string or rope the serrated edge is a waste of cutting area...plus that portion of the blade is very difficult to sharpen if you do your own sharpening...I just bought the CRKT knife this week from woot and its a great EDC knife.

I have both of these. The Kershaw feels much better to me and serrated blades are a choice that many prefer. The CRKT is nice too for a non assisted opener but speedsafe blows it away for one handed use. Both are excellent EDC knives.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 177 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

Dog Face wrote:Any definitive word on this yet?

We still have yet to hear back from Woot Staff.

Hopefully we'll have an answer later this morning. We'll post an update as soon as we hear back.

Thanks for your continued patience.

RobinBobcat

quality posts: 44 Private Messages RobinBobcat

Eh... Nice enough and all... but I can't stand semi-serrated.

Meow

Go Squarryls!

cannedpoo

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cannedpoo

Does it work on ex-boyfriends?

outdoorguy00

quality posts: 2 Private Messages outdoorguy00
greystone1 wrote:Is this a BLEM? Kershaw's quality control very commonly sells knives off as BLEM coded, and this price point is right on par with Kershaw BLEM pricing.

Geystone1: I am the outdoor buyer here at Woot. These knives are not BLEM. This knife is first quality and carries all manufacturer warranties.

outdoorguy00

Ignace wrote:Yep, KershawGuy.com is selling this very knife for $39 -- and with no factory warranty.

Do these carry a factory warranty?

This knife carries all manufacturer warranties. -Woot Buyer

outdoorguy00

schep999 wrote:Why do the specs not include size open, size closed, or even a weight?

I need to have an idea of how small it is in my hand, or how big / heavy it is in my pocket. A 3.4 inch blade length ain't cutting it for a spec page.

Per the manufacturer, here are the specs:

Blade Length 3.4 in. (8.6 cm)
Closed Length 4.5 in. (11.4 cm)
Overall Length 7.9 in (20 cm)
Weight 3.9 oz (110.5 g)

Yeah, I guess I can research it on other web sites, but if you wanna make an extra sale, you need to give an accurate pitch.

dporton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dporton

Does this knife have the SpeedSafe assisted opening system?

blankman

dporton wrote:Does this knife have the SpeedSafe assisted opening system?

Yes. Look at the picture. It's on the case.

dporton

blankman wrote:Yes. Look at the picture. It's on the case.

I looked at the picture. There is no mention of SpeedSafe assisted opening system. Can someone confirm whether this knife on Woot has SpeedSafe?

blankman

dporton wrote:I looked at the picture. There is no mention of SpeedSafe assisted opening system. Can someone confirm whether this knife on Woot has SpeedSafe?

So the words Speedsafe on the case don't close that question for you? It has it. I own several of these in various styles. Speedsafe only represents one thing...look at the picture and the words are there.

meghano1989

quality posts: 5 Private Messages meghano1989
dporton wrote:I looked at the picture. There is no mention of SpeedSafe assisted opening system. Can someone confirm whether this knife on Woot has SpeedSafe?

You can see it in the bigger picture on the Woot homepage. Definitely speedsafe. Speedsafe rocks.

dporton

Sorry about that guys. I was looking at the pictures from my phone, and even on the full desktop site it didn't clearly show "SpeedSafe". I saw the USA so thought the first word as Manufactured or Made In.

Went on Woot from desktop and saw that this knife does say SpeedSafe.

Another question. How does this compare to the Tactical Black Serrated tanto blade made from 13C26 stainless steel blade that's on Amazon for a similar price?

scottneelan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scottneelan
dporton wrote:Another question. How does this compare to the Tactical Black Serrated tanto blade made from 13C26 stainless steel blade that's on Amazon for a similar price?

The 14C28N steel on this one is more corrosion-resistant and holds an edge slightly longer.

squidalarm

quality posts: 4 Private Messages squidalarm
blaineg wrote:Just noticed there's no finger flipper on the blade like the Leek, Scallion & Chive; only the thumb studs.

I much prefer the flipper on assisted opening knives. I've got an assisted CRKT that only has thumb studs, and while I've never been bit by it, every time I open it something in the back of my mind says "look out!"

Don't discount the Blur just because it doesn't have the (index finger) flipper. This thumb stud activated SpeedSafe is unique in the thumb stud design. It's a great knife. That being said,

Kershaw Blur - love it
Tiger stripe - nice
Tanto blade - not my cup of tea
Partial serration - naah
Trac-Tec insert - great for holding on
Trac-Tec insert - not so great to any fabric when you use the pocket clip
14C28N blade - pretty good but I'd prefer S30V

At this price you'd be a fool not getting 3!

AgentSmith5150

quality posts: 2 Private Messages AgentSmith5150
harwood26 wrote:These are definitely solid knives, had mine for years until I broke the tip trying to pry something(ya that was dumb i know)

I purchased mine as a blem and was very pleased with the quality. The only visible defect was a tiny nick near the bottom of the handle. Other than that worked great for many years

Check out their warranty page and FAQs. You can probably send that knife in and get a new blade installed for 10 bucks.

http://kershaw.kaiusaltd.com/warranty

robush4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robush4
Cusuldor wrote:I would have jumped on this , but tantos are only good for stabbing..

absolutely. the tanto style blade is one of the least useful knives you can create. it really only has that one use.

mdbran

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdbran
Yellow5 wrote:$109 list price? I think that's a bit high..

Exactly. Every time the words "list price" or "retail price" appear, they are a total scam. No one has ever come remotely close to paying $110 for this knife. These sell all day long for $35-50 on ebay.

blaineg

quality posts: 3 Private Messages blaineg
squidalarm wrote:
At this price you'd be a fool not getting 3!

Or just maybe I've got enough knives at the moment. (Heresy, I know!)

molly101

quality posts: 0 Private Messages molly101
Yellow5 wrote:$109 list price? I think that's a bit high..

Way high. I've never paid more than $60 for a good knife.

funkymonkey68

quality posts: 0 Private Messages funkymonkey68

Got mine today and it feels pretty solid. It came with a used pocket clip on it though, its all scratched up looking. Pretty weird. The rest of the knife looks great.