mossygreen

quality posts: 75 Private Messages mossygreen
StevenMcDonald wrote:Does anybody ever talk about what they got in the Book of Cheats these days? Back in the mists of history when I was on before, there'd be periodic updates on what was shoveled on to Book of Cheats winners' doorsteps....

Woot Bot will send you approximately 17 e-mails directing you to the proper discussion forum. [Short version: yes, people still talk about it.]

meandsecoya

quality posts: 18 Private Messages meandsecoya
darks1lenc3 wrote:woot really needs to fix their crap. I had one in my cart when it said 95% remaining. took 5+ minutes for the mobile site to load, and by the time i got to the checkout it was sold out... this sucks

When I added mine there was 100% left. Even with it taking forever to resign in again to get to checkout (expected) there was still more than half left. But, of course, it took so very long to get to the final, very last buy it page, that they were all gone. Meh.

PurplePawprints elsewhere

wasell

quality posts: 10 Private Messages wasell

Dang, missed it.

btmoore

quality posts: 0 Private Messages btmoore

WoOt! My Book of Cheats drought is over, last Book of Cheats won was Jun 24, 2010 and it truly was a Book of Cheats

meandsecoya

LEM- wrote:Oh boy!

It's been five days short of a year since I scored my previous bago!

And those who say the servers suck - you are probably new around here... It seems like the servers worked every so smoothly this time.

So, yeah, I had to wait for some time between clicks. But that is nothing compared to how things used to be...

Not new at all, just always still expect better of Woot. It's a failing of mine.

lilpita

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilpita

Yay! It's been years, Woot! Tell me you love me and send me a nice Bushel of Carats.

timerider

quality posts: 4 Private Messages timerider
darks1lenc3 wrote:woot really needs to fix their crap. I had one in my cart when it said 95% remaining. took 5+ minutes for the mobile site to load, and by the time i got to the checkout it was sold out... this sucks

According to your sig you've gotten 3 before and you've only been on the site for 3 years. Consider yourself lucky.

jlarson328

quality posts: 10 Private Messages jlarson328

There are over 100 pages of what others got in their Book of Cheats from Woots tenth Birthday celebration (not including the shirt Book of Cheats), and one is already started for this current woot off.

StevenMcDonald wrote:Does anybody ever talk about what they got in the Book of Cheats these days? Back in the mists of history when I was on before, there'd be periodic updates on what was shoveled on to Book of Cheats winners' doorsteps....

First Birthday of Celebrations 7/11/14, First Shirt Birthday of Celebrations 7/11/14, Birthday Puzzle Mysterious Letter 7/22/14, wife of "MM"

StevenMcDonald

quality posts: 1 Private Messages StevenMcDonald
LEM- wrote:Oh boy!

It's been five days short of a year since I scored my previous bago!

And those who say the servers suck - you are probably new around here... It seems like the servers worked ever so smoothly this time.

So, yeah, I had to wait for some time between clicks. But that is nothing compared to how things used to be...

No kidding. I remember how it used to be a few years ago. The servers may get sludgy now, but they don't completely crash and burn when they get hammered.

snucks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snucks

I got one and wasn't even ready. Wasn't logged in,eating a sandwich and updating Windows. It took me almost 4 years to get my second Bouquet of Carnations. My list of Stuff Bought has 5 out of the last 10 items as denied Bouquets of Carnations. Best the servers ever worked for me.

LEM-

quality posts: 147 Private Messages LEM-
meandsecoya wrote:Not new at all, just always still expect better of Woot. It's a failing of mine.

Well, if you talk about how Woot changed from a "one day, one great deal" to a "one day, too many deals to even look through" site, I am not a happy camper either.

But having been around for nearly ten years you surely remember how it took, sometimes, hours (literally) to go through a BоC purchasing process with lots of crashes, denied connections, and other types of frustration. That is what my comment was all about.

snucks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snucks

Its been almost 27 minutes and only 40 posts?

Shakeybob

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Shakeybob

I never knew what everyone was talking about with these things because I only speak Spanish... so now this came up and I immediately connected and thought "Ay caramba", this must be my día de suerte... but alas, it was in my basket and I was checking out and the cashier just vanished and the manager appeared after a minute of silence and said something about servers and that I was rejected... REJECTED! Ohhh Dios mio, now I wait until the next Bago de Crapo ((

meandsecoya

LEM- wrote:Well, if you talk about how Woot changed from a "one day, one great deal" to a "one day, too many deals to even look through" site, I am not a happy camper either.

But having been around for nearly ten years you surely remember how it took, sometimes, hours (literally) to go through a BоC purchasing process with lots of crashes, denied connections, and other types of frustration. That is what my comment was all about.

Well, I have to say I do agree with everything you've said in the above post. But dammit, can't I still complain a little bit when I missed another one because of slowness and errors???

iamwoow

quality posts: 3 Private Messages iamwoow

First Book of Cheats since I started an account in 2010!

I was beginning to think getting this was impossible!

I'll post an unboxing video on YouTube upon arrival.

Thank you Woot!

mossygreen

quality posts: 75 Private Messages mossygreen
meandsecoya wrote:Well, I have to say I do agree with everything you've said in the above post. But dammit, can't I still complain a little bit when I missed another one because of slowness and errors???

Yes.

StevenMcDonald

Going by the "three items" bit and the price, I'm guessing everyone's getting three things from 311, consisting, most likely, of a) leftover promo copies of the 311 live album from years ago, b) a 311 calendar, and c) used concert ticket stubs from a NC concert in 1997.

LEM-

quality posts: 147 Private Messages LEM-
meandsecoya wrote:Well, I have to say I do agree with everything you've said in the above post. But dammit, can't I still complain a little bit when I missed another one because of slowness and errors???

I hereby officially grant you a permission to complain!

MVogelsang

quality posts: 2 Private Messages MVogelsang

Finally got my first Blackboard of Cleanlieness.
Just in time for my Birthday!!

tindallj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tindallj
phlashko wrote:It said I had something in my cart and couldn't buy it or the Blackboard of Cleanlieness. *sob*

Me too, still had Bacon Salt. By the time I removed it the site wouldn't let me check out. It just hung.

darks1lenc3

quality posts: 4 Private Messages darks1lenc3
timerider wrote:According to your sig you've gotten 3 before and you've only been on the site for 3 years. Consider yourself lucky.

technically only 2 official bags.of crap and both were this year. so yeah i guess i am kind of lucky. but i also stayed up when a lot of other wooters would be sleeping, at least for my part of the country. I'm on the east coast.

backpack of crap 12/20/13
bag of crap 2/17/14
Birthday of Celebrations 7/11/14

meandsecoya

LEM- wrote:I hereby officially grant you a permission to complain!

Thank you! Now that you have finally granted your approval I can go to sleep. You know, it is after 2:00 a.m. here! *turns light off while muttering about the slowness of servers and people*

cwfenn

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cwfenn

I can't believe it! I got one! I'm no longer a Book of Cheats virgin! Guess it pays to wait till the eastern two time zones are mostly asleep?

StevenMcDonald

cwfenn wrote:I can't believe it! I got one! I'm no longer a Book of Cheats virgin! Guess it pays to wait till the eastern two time zones are mostly asleep?

They were all out partying. Friday night, you know.

Apparently nobody goes out partying on Friday nights in New Mexico, given how green NM is in the map. And there's more than a few states where nobody seems to have lucked out...or even tried, possibly.

StevenMcDonald

Is it weird that I'm hoping to get a pallet of diapers because I can donate them to the nearby children's shelter?

wyk3d

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wyk3d

Surprised the consonant one lasted an hour and this one was so quick.

bobcat68

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bobcat68

I've been wooting since '08 and FINALLY got my first Book of Cheats Yippee!!

I wonder what I wish I would have done.

realkeith

quality posts: 0 Private Messages realkeith

Got my 2nd Book of Cheats I got my first one on Woot's 10th Birthday (got some very crappy stuff) I've been a member of woot since 2007.

Lindz408

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lindz408
wyk3d wrote:Surprised the consonant one lasted an hour and this one was so quick.

Well I'm glad the consonant one lasted so long. It took me at least 10 tries between first doing all caps, and then missing/putting an extra letter in several times.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

It's not so much that our servers suck as it is thousands of people trying to check out at the same time. I liken it to the sperm and the egg.

Book of Cheats: x
Wooters trying to purchase: x^1000000

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

7echniqu3

quality posts: 4 Private Messages 7echniqu3
ThunderThighs wrote:It's not so much that our servers suck as it is thousands of people trying to check out at the same time. I liken it to the sperm and the egg.

Book of Cheats: x
Wooters trying to purchase: x^1000000

LOL i remember going to a boardwalk one time and there was a keychain in a store saying "10 thousand sperm and you were the fastest one" i should have bought it.

7echniqu3

quality posts: 4 Private Messages 7echniqu3

Also I'm upset i missed this to! I went to sleep!

tashman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tashman
StevenMcDonald wrote:They were all out partying. Friday night, you know.

Apparently nobody goes out partying on Friday nights in New Mexico, given how green NM is in the map. And there's more than a few states where nobody seems to have lucked out...or even tried, possibly.

I don't think the internets have reached Idaho yet...

Jessara

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Jessara

Back in the days of yore, everybody east of the Mississippi swore there was a conspiracy to let left coasters buy things first, then crash the servers. Ah, progress.

aardwolf64

quality posts: 15 Private Messages aardwolf64

Anyone have any guesses as to why the price before tax and shipping was $3.11 instead of the usual $3.00? Blackboard of Cleanlieness inflation?

x9

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

aardwolf64 wrote:Anyone have any guesses as to why the price before tax and shipping was $3.11 instead of the usual $3.00? Blackboard of Cleanlieness inflation?

To combat a few of the bots.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

aardwolf64

quality posts: 15 Private Messages aardwolf64
ThunderThighs wrote:To combat a few of the bots.

I obviously expect 11 cents worth more
of fun in it... Maybe an extra bag of air. ;-)

x9

phileoca

quality posts: 13 Private Messages phileoca
ThunderThighs wrote:To combat a few of the bots.

Fantastic job.
I hate all those nerds using scripts to auto buy their loot.
You know what woot should do is sell some real crap to those people who use autoscripts to buy.

may I suggest poopsenders.com

My wife woots too

StevenMcDonald

aardwolf64 wrote:Anyone have any guesses as to why the price before tax and shipping was $3.11 instead of the usual $3.00? Blackboard of Cleanlieness inflation?

As I've said before, I think it's because all of the Bags Of Crap will be filled with leftover 311 promo crap.

techieman33

quality posts: 2 Private Messages techieman33

Just got my tracking number, coming slow post . Shows at 2.2 pounds, but fedex hasn't gotten it yet so that will probably change.