Blockhead12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Blockhead12

MIne is damaged too. The end of the box was crushed. It was not packaged well enough to expect anything else. A cardboard box, no bubblewrap, no padding of any kind. I have emailed customer service and have not gotten a response. This is not what I expected when ordering.

manhandsha

quality posts: 41 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

Blockhead12 wrote:MIne is damaged too. The end of the box was crushed. It was not packaged well enough to expect anything else. A cardboard box, no bubblewrap, no padding of any kind. I have emailed customer service and have not gotten a response. This is not what I expected when ordering.

Oh man, I'm really sorry for the trouble. I added you to my CS report for the evening. You should get a reply soon.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

cmatcher

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cmatcher

edit: Well gee golly, guess I wasn't the only one. Someone at woot! shipping needs their peepee smacked.

Received mine. I'll be surprised if more people don't run into what I did.

Speaker was packed in a single, thin, cardboard box, with a flimsy plastic bag wrapped around the speaker.

Speaker arrived pretty banged up, but functionally fine.

I should expect better, but at the end of the day woot! is a clearance center with the soul purpose of getting rid of crap with out spending mass amounts on advertising or packaging.

romakuo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages romakuo

i received mine today, I also have a dent in the corner and emailed cs to see what they will do. in the meantime, i looked around online and found some tips for fixing the dent.
i can't believe woot would ship it this way. not so much as a piece of bubble wrap. they expected it to dent.

usernamerequired

quality posts: 0 Private Messages usernamerequired

I purchased this BIG Jambox. It was destroyed upon arrival. WOEFULLY UNDER PACKED - just a single wall white box, no padding. Two corners crushed, many dents, and to make matters worse, left in the rain (fortunately, the plastic wrap was on the broken unit).

I've have written WOOT twice. No response. This was my last purchase here. I'm going to have to do a chargeback with my card.

Really disappointed.

cmatcher

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cmatcher
usernamerequired wrote:I purchased this BIG Jambox. It was destroyed upon arrival. WOEFULLY UNDER PACKED - just a single wall white box, no padding. Two corners crushed, many dents, and to make matters worse, left in the rain (fortunately, the plastic wrap was on the broken unit).

I've have written WOOT twice. No response. This was my last purchase here. I'm going to have to do a chargeback with my card.

Really disappointed.

I haven't received a response either. I'm highly disappointed in the way this product was shipped. Very unprofessional. I myself may resort to a chargeback situation if it's not resolved by the end of the week.

awesomeaustin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages awesomeaustin

Mine was also just delivered damaged that small white box was not nearly enough packaging to protect a $150+ speaker - expect better from you guys woot. I'll send in a request via e-mail and see if they can do anything to help.

Bpark63

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bpark63

Add me to the damaged list. Received mine today with a badly damaged corner. Seems to work ok, but the damage is on the front corner and unsightly.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 177 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

awesomeaustin wrote:Mine was also just delivered damaged that small white box was not nearly enough packaging to protect a $150+ speaker - expect better from you guys woot. I'll send in a request via e-mail and see if they can do anything to help.

Sorry to hear that you also received your order in the condition you described and that you haven't received a response from WMS.

Recently we switched to a new email system and it's caused some complications along the way.

I've gone ahead and forwarded your post and information along to Woot Member Services to investigate the issue.

Thank you for your continued patience during this matter.

You should hopefully receive a response very soon.

jdvincent

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jdvincent

Received my speaker and it was severely dented in numerous places. Have sent two emails to customer service and haven't got a response. Very dissapointing that they would ship products to customers in this manner and also the lack of customer service in responding to the issue.

brimarc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brimarc

I just received mine and it was also delivered in the thin unpadded white box. Appears to have been dropped which crushed in one of the corners. Agree with other wooters there was not enough padding (none) in the packaging box. Sent an email request to CS and awating a response, hopefully they will help. Up until now I've been extremely happy will all of my Woot purchases.

usernamerequired

quality posts: 0 Private Messages usernamerequired
ROGETRAY wrote:Sorry to hear that you also received your order in the condition you described and that you haven't received a response from WMS.

Recently we switched to a new email system and it's caused some complications along the way.

I've gone ahead and forwarded your post and information along to Woot Member Services to investigate the issue.

If you are a staff member, be advised that I have made 3 attempts to contact Woot via Support, 1 private message to a person identified as a staff member earlier in the feed, and also contacted Amazon and Amazon payments.

I have great sympathy for enterprise email issues, so no worries if that is the case.

If you can see this message,I need an RMA and my money back. Please do not ship another as it will also be destroyed in shipping due to the packaging issue.

Thanks, and I hope to hear from you soon. Do you need any info from me or can you message me through my account info?

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 135 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

usernamerequired wrote:If you are a staff member, be advised that I have made 3 attempts to contact Woot via Support, 1 private message to a person identified as a staff member earlier in the feed, and also contacted Amazon and Amazon payments.

I have great sympathy for enterprise email issues, so no worries if that is the case.

If you can see this message,I need an RMA and my money back. Please do not ship another as it will also be destroyed in shipping due to the packaging issue.

Thanks, and I hope to hear from you soon. Do you need any info from me or can you message me through my account info?

We won't need any more info from you. Hopefully we'll get back to you a little later on this morning.

agingdragqueen

Staff

jdvincent wrote:Received my speaker and it was severely dented in numerous places. Have sent two emails to customer service and haven't got a response. Very dissapointing that they would ship products to customers in this manner and also the lack of customer service in responding to the issue.

It looks like yours just delivered on 9/03. We should be responding to emails within 2 business days, and we're trying to catch up on Labor Day emails and stuff. Give us a little while more, we'll get back to you as soon as we can.

cciekevin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cciekevin

Anyone have any luck getting a woot customer service person to respond to email requests for a replacement or refund under the 90 day limited warranty? My next step is contacting the credit card company to have them dispute the charge... 1st real problem with woot

ROGETRAY

Staff

cciekevin wrote:Anyone have any luck getting a woot customer service person to respond to email requests for a replacement or refund under the 90 day limited warranty? My next step is contacting the credit card company to have them dispute the charge... 1st real problem with woot

Sorry to hear that you have not found a resolve to the issue you are experiencing.

[MOD EDIT: Added user "fatjester"]

fatjester

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fatjester

Also got mine with serious corner damage, plus the side casing is tearing off. The box was NOT damaged, this is just the company unloading a bunch of crap. I just hope WOOT backs up their customers... but it doesn't sound promising considering no one seems to be getting a response.

Someone better be on this.

Blockhead12

I shipped mine back yesterday. I received an RMA from Woot. Refund should be given within a couple of weeks. I don't know if this includes the shipping charge. I haven't purchased many items on woot. Can someone reassure me this is not normal. I am so used to Amazon and have never had an issue with packaging. This was a complete headache.

ROGETRAY

Staff

Blockhead12 wrote:I shipped mine back yesterday. I received an RMA from Woot. Refund should be given within a couple of weeks. I don't know if this includes the shipping charge. I haven't purchased many items on woot. Can someone reassure me this is not normal. I am so used to Amazon and have never had an issue with packaging. This was a complete headache.

Normally Woot Member Services emails you the RMA # along with a shipping label (paid shipping label you place on item to return to Woot for free). Alternatively, if you received a damaged item, normally UPS and FedEx will take the item back (refusal or at a shipping facility) free of charge as well.

If you paid your own shipping to return the item, then please follow up with CS to receive a reimbursement.

Blockhead12

ROGETRAY wrote:Normally Woot Member Services emails you the RMA # along with a shipping label (paid shipping label you place on item to return to Woot for free). Alternatively, if you received a damaged item, normally UPS and FedEx will take the item back (refusal or at a shipping facility) free of charge as well.

If you paid your own shipping to return the item, then please follow up with CS to receive a reimbursement.

I did receive a shipping label. What I meant was the shipping I paid when I bought the item.

fatjester

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fatjester
fatjester wrote:Also got mine with serious corner damage, plus the side casing is tearing off. The box was NOT damaged, this is just the company unloading a bunch of crap. I just hope WOOT backs up their customers... but it doesn't sound promising considering no one seems to be getting a response.

Someone better be on this.

So, how long does someone wait before contacting their credit card company on these? I've been happy with woot so far, but support not contacting people for days, c'mon. Not even a n autoreply from your system when I reported my problem, unacceptable. Seems very sketchy.

agingdragqueen

Staff

Blockhead12 wrote:I did receive a shipping label. What I meant was the shipping I paid when I bought the item.

You'll be refunded on shipping, too.

agingdragqueen

Staff

fatjester wrote:So, how long does someone wait before contacting their credit card company on these? I've been happy with woot so far, but support not contacting people for days, c'mon. Not even a n autoreply from your system when I reported my problem, unacceptable. Seems very sketchy.

I'll escalate your case to CS in my afternoon report.

Tygress

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Tygress

Got mine in the mail and it is beat to hell. The grill is dented, the plastic is cracked, it is dirty, and paint is rubbed off on other parts of the grill. This is not "refurbished" so much as "used."

This is my second refurb on Woot. My first was a Dyson handheld and the battery on that was non-functional and so beat up that it looked like someone had run it over with their car. Dyson took care of that. Whose responsibility is this, Jambox's or Woot's?

Tygress

brimarc wrote:I just received mine and it was also delivered in the thin unpadded white box. Appears to have been dropped which crushed in one of the corners. Agree with other wooters there was not enough padding (none) in the packaging box. Sent an email request to CS and awating a response, hopefully they will help. Up until now I've been extremely happy will all of my Woot purchases.

My box is fine, the grill on mine is bent OUTWARDS, so I think the damage was done before they put it in the box. Plus it's dirty, like REALLY dirty, so even though it's in a plastic bag, clearly whoever is selling these is just not a good company.

agingdragqueen

Staff

Tygress wrote:This is my second refurb on Woot. My first was a Dyson handheld and the battery on that was non-functional and so beat up that it looked like someone had run it over with their car. Dyson took care of that. Whose responsibility is this, Jambox's or Woot's?

This one has a Woot warranty- please use the support tab towards the top of the page, we should be able to help.

jordam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jordam

I got mine damaged as well.

When I see refurbished I think of something that is used, but has been fixed up to be equivalent to a new one.

Otherwise there is no real difference between used and refurbished.

What you have sold here are used products under the guise of refurbishment.

The most anyone has done to these speakers to 'refurbish' them is turning them one for a functions check.

Whats worse is that packaging was so abysmal that we cant tell what damage is from it being used and what damage was caused by shipping.

I am fairly upset about the way this was ran.

This is not the only woot that the comments are blowing up about the poor shipping.

http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?pageindex=2&postid=5947493

I am not sure how things run behind the scenes, but when you partner with amazon and they rep your company you need to hold an extremely high standard.
Otherwise you are negatively effecting amazon's image.

I will be contacting amazon's support with my experiences and letting them know I do not wish to see your advertisements from them.

I suggest other customers in a similar situation to do the same.

jdvincent

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jdvincent
agingdragqueen wrote:It looks like yours just delivered on 9/03. We should be responding to emails within 2 business days, and we're trying to catch up on Labor Day emails and stuff. Give us a little while more, we'll get back to you as soon as we can.

Still have not heard anything from customer service. Not sure why you couldn't just have sent me the return information in the time you typed the above response. Guess it is time to call the credit card company

cciekevin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cciekevin
ROGETRAY wrote:Sorry to hear that you have not found a resolve to the issue you are experiencing.

[MOD EDIT: Added user "fatjester"]

Still no response - what gives???????

manhandsha

quality posts: 41 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

jdvincent wrote:Still have not heard anything from customer service. Not sure why you couldn't just have sent me the return information in the time you typed the above response. Guess it is time to call the credit card company

We're not CS here in the forums, but I've added you to my report for the morning.

cciekevin wrote:Still no response - what gives???????

I'll resend your info and see what's up. Sorry for the trouble.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

nooks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nooks
Eighthnote wrote:Has anyone compared the sound from this to a Bose mini? I've heard a Bose. I've never heard one of these. And as far as the battery issue I'm ok with that. By the time it goes bad they'll be implanting bluetooth speakers in our ear canals.

Have a bose mini and a JBL donut, both are so much superior that I'm returning this, not worth it, even for bluetooth.

nooks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nooks
agingdragqueen wrote:I'll escalate your case to CS in my afternoon report.

Count me in on the shipping fail with dents on 4 of 8 corners but more importantly don't listen to those raving about the sound quality, I'm not impressed. My JBL donut is small but mighty and this cannot come close. The Bose speakers are on par with the JBL donut. If a muddy sound is what I can expect from bluetooth speakers, then I'm out. Also, this very well could be the last woot for me.

Bpark63

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bpark63
Bpark63 wrote:Add me to the damaged list. Received mine today with a badly damaged corner. Seems to work ok, but the damage is on the front corner and unsightly.

I sent a message to Support, but haven't heard anything. Seems the norm for this thread.

Tygress

How long do we have to wait to hear from support? I wrote them on the 5th, expected not to hear anything over the weekend, and now it's Tuesday, late enough that someone should have responded by now. Judging from the forum responses here, I'm guessing the support form has a "direct to trash" filter on it.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Tygress wrote:How long do we have to wait to hear from support? I wrote them on the 5th, expected not to hear anything over the weekend, and now it's Tuesday, late enough that someone should have responded by now. Judging from the forum responses here, I'm guessing the support form has a "direct to trash" filter on it.

Sorry for the delay. They're playing catch up after transitioning to a new system. I'll add you to my afternoon report so CS can look into it.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

x24goss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages x24goss

Unfortunately, I have to add my name to the list of the shocked and disappointed. I was excited to get home from a 10-day business trip to play with my new speaker only to find the minimalist packaging that others have described. I have three dents on the speaker grill, three on the top corners (including a big one), and one of the bottom corner.

Definitely not refurbished condition -- possibly acceptable for an $80 scratch and dent sale.

I need to know what options are available to correct this issue as soon as possible.

Frustrated longtime Wooter of 272 Woots since 8-18-2007

Tygress

ThunderThighs wrote:Sorry for the delay. They're playing catch up after transitioning to a new system. I'll add you to my afternoon report so CS can look into it.

Thank you.

reaganjr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reaganjr

Mine arrived dinged as well, plus the power supply prongs were bent almost flush with the plastic adapter. Definitely poor packaging/handling. It works (after I unbent the plug), so I guess I'll keep it, but quite an unhappy woot experience.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

x24goss wrote:Unfortunately, I have to add my name to the list of the shocked and disappointed. I was excited to get home from a 10-day business trip to play with my new speaker only to find the minimalist packaging that others have described. I have three dents on the speaker grill, three on the top corners (including a big one), and one of the bottom corner.

Definitely not refurbished condition -- possibly acceptable for an $80 scratch and dent sale.

I need to know what options are available to correct this issue as soon as possible.

Frustrated longtime Wooter of 272 Woots since 8-18-2007

I'm sorry for the condition of the speaker. I've let the buyer know of the problems reported here.

Please contact customer service using the Support link at the top of any woot page. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

aireeca

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aireeca

Meh, mine came banged up as well. After two e-mails to the incredibly non-communicative Woot Support page went unreplied to (not even an auto-response telling me they've opened a case), I put all the information, including photos of the damage, in the hands of Discover. Here's hoping they make it right.

Not cool, Woot, not cool. Either you need to provide better customer service or not ship stuff in such crappy packaging. Amateur-hour all around on this one.