jrp2689

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jrp2689
wtfjr wrote:WHATS THE WEIGHT FOR THE VARIOUS SIZES ?
Where can we find this info ?

Thanks !!
Bill in FL

The Queen size was 65lbs, hope that helps.

cousineaud

quality posts: 38 Private Messages cousineaud

Please note that there are also Gel Memory foam pillows available at the link below:

http://www.woot.com/plus/gel-memory-foam-pillows?ref=cnt_wp_22

hajroberts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hajroberts
cousineaud wrote:2" Gel Memory foam - 3.2#
2" Memory foam - 3 #
6" Base foam - 1.8#

Yes, there is a 15 yr warranty on the mattress for defects.

Front page says 4# for the top and only lists the top layer as memory foam. It lists the other layers as: Top ~ 2" Gel Memory Foam
Middle ~ 2" Air Channel Foam
Bottom ~ 6" Supportive Base Foam

Are you referencing the same mattress? What's the difference between "gel memory foam" and "memory foam?" Can that then be read as 4 inches of memory foam then?

TXCraigS

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TXCraigS
conanthelibrarian wrote:Anyone out there own this? I need to get a new mattress soon for my guest room and interested in hearing more about this.

I purchased 2 of these... and I gave them both away. They are the WORST quality and I replaced them with MF from Costco.

These are like sleeping on a sponge... I have learned a good way to tell if a MF bed is going to be any good is look at the shipping weight. This will be a good indication on how dense the foam is.

Don't buy at King that is under 100 lbs....

I wish I could have sent them back... it was a complete waste of $800 bucks.

cousineaud

hajroberts wrote:Front page says 4# for the top and only lists the top layer as memory foam. It lists the other layers as: Top ~ 2" Gel Memory Foam
Middle ~ 2" Air Channel Foam
Bottom ~ 6" Supportive Base Foam

Are you referencing the same mattress? What's the difference between "gel memory foam" and "memory foam?" Can that then be read as 4 inches of memory foam then?

Yes, the first and second layer are both memory foam. The first layer is Gel Memory foam and the second layer is traditional open cell memory foam.

cousineaud

sparrowhawk69 wrote:Back when I was a kid we used to sing about these. I think it was something like this: Foam, foam on the range where my dear old auntie Lowe lays.

I like it sparrow!

hajroberts

cousineaud wrote:2" Gel Memory foam - 3.2#
2" Memory foam - 3 #
6" Base foam - 1.8#

Yes, there is a 15 yr warranty on the mattress for defects.

Front page says 4# density for the top. Is that the same mattress?

cousineaud

hajroberts wrote:Front page says 4# density for the top. Is that the same mattress?

Shoot, thanks for catching.

I was looking at the wrong spec sheet.

Corrected below!

2" Gel Memory foam - 4#
2" Memory foam - 3 #
6" Base foam - 1.8#

hajroberts

cousineaud wrote:Shoot, thanks for catching.

I was looking at the wrong spec sheet.

Corrected below!

2" Gel Memory foam - 4#
2" Memory foam - 3 #
6" Base foam - 1.8#

Thanks!

cousineaud

bek wrote:How does this compare to a Tempurpedic? My Tempurpedic is just over 10 years old, and although I love it, the areas where my wife and I sleep have sunk in, and needs replacement.

It probably would be time for a new mattress. A 10yr old Tempurpedic would be using 10yr old technology in their foam.

What you are describing is the foam breaking down. A new mattress would be soft yet supportive.

hunterfollett

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hunterfollett

You spend 1/3 of your life on a mattress, so don't get chintzy, right?

yes, but price does not equal quality, especially in this case.

Listen, I bought this mattress last time it was available on Woot! and it has actually changed my life. It is perfect. It shouldn't be described in terms of soft or firm, because it is soft where you want it to be and firm where it needs to be. how? I dont know. I would say this is as good as a tempur pedic, but this thing supports and comforts better than my buddy's $5k tempur-gelo-spacepedic ever could.

If you are even considering a new mattress, put up the, what, $300 and try this. worst case you dont like it and end up paying $3-4k for the brand name, wasting 10%, but there is definitely a better than 10% chance you'll ride this comfort cloud in to dream corral for many moons to come.

jjkenobi

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jjkenobi

Well I just spent five minutes trying to guess what the heck the captcha phrase was so I could sign in. I don't really have any other comments.

digitaleagle

quality posts: 2 Private Messages digitaleagle
ricehead84 wrote:Does anyone know if this is the soft, medium, or firm model? I believe this is either the same, or similar to the Slumber Solutions memory foam mattress which comes in soft, medium, or firm.

I bought the 10 inch last fall. We have been very happy with it. The smell is not an issue after a day. I'd say the mattress is medium firm. At first we had a 2 inch gel topper from the same manufacturer which we purchased prior to buying this bed. We decided to put it on top of this bed. We both felt it was too soft and we were getting backaches from it. We took the topper off and it's like a different bed. (Much firmer)

We figured if we even got a couple of years out of it, it would be worth the price. I believe it will go the distance.

In our opinion, this is a very good value.

mawreichel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mawreichel
cousineaud wrote:Hi Everyone,

I am with the manufacturer and will be able to answer any questions you have.

Is the king size comprised of two identical pieces?

cousineaud

mawreichel wrote:Is the king size comprised of two identical pieces?

No, the King size is one complete piece.

annagel4ever

quality posts: 0 Private Messages annagel4ever
cousineaud wrote:Hi Everyone,

I am with the manufacturer and will be able to answer any questions you have.

Hi,
does the mattress come with a cover to protect from spills or children's accidents?

cousineaud

annagel4ever wrote:Hi,
does the mattress come with a cover to protect from spills or children's accidents?

There is a cover, but I would recommend a waterproof cover if you need waterproof protection.

amdiz113

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amdiz113
snackwell wrote:Thanks for jumping in.

Biggest question I have is about the smell. I hear that these compressed mattresses really have a persistent odor, which would drive my wife crazy. I guess that's more of a question for other people who've bought them.

Second one which is maybe more appropriate for the vendor rep - how can you make these so cheap? When Tempurpedic is crazy expensive and even off-brand memory foam is over $1000.

I own this. There is a smell when you open it. It lasts for 2 or 3 days and then never smells again. I bought this for my son 4 and it worked so well I bought another one for the guest bedroom for when my daughter gets bigger. Guest love this bed. Its firm but works for the softies too.

dwebb413

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dwebb413

Just wondering how much the shipping will be on a King Size?

cousineaud

dwebb413 wrote:Just wondering how much the shipping will be on a King Size?

Shipping is a Flat rate... $5 for all sizes.

I believe you can add more goods from Woot to your cart, and the shipping would be $5 for all!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dwebb413 wrote:Just wondering how much the shipping will be on a King Size?

Yep, $5 ships your entire cart. Load 'er up!

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

rosweed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rosweed

Does the Cal King come in two pieces, or is it one mattress? What is the shipping weight? Thanks!

cousineaud

rosweed wrote:Does the Cal King come in two pieces, or is it one mattress? What is the shipping weight? Thanks!

CalKing is one mattress as well.

I am checking on the weights.

Ckbitbot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ckbitbot

What brand is this?

LizaWasHere

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LizaWasHere
conanthelibrarian wrote:Anyone out there own this? I need to get a new mattress soon for my guest room and interested in hearing more about this.

I bought one last time, and I regret it. The mattress is VERY soft, and I can't figure out how to hack it to make it a little more firm.

sneefy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sneefy

I bought the 12" version of this mattress last May when it was here on w00t.

I had a crappy old hand me down king mattress and don't miss it one bit. I was surprised at how much better I'm sleeping on this one. I'd rate it as deceptively soft yet firm. It gives, but supports well.

The smell is apparent when you first unroll it. I left it lay in my dining room for several days after opening and found the smell wasn't bad at all after a few days. It was never what I'd call a 'strong' smell.

I ditched the old crappy king mattress and box springs and got some furring strips at the local home store. I spaced them out a few inches apart and stapled some webbing to them to keep them from moving around. You need close spacing to support the foam, but you want the slats so it can breathe.

All in all, I don't regret buying one of these at all.

Sulbien

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sulbien

Pulled the trigger and bought this as I've been searching for a new mattress. I was going to purchase a bed in the box for $700 but decided on praying this one is decent as its a huge cost savings. We will see if I really regret this decision....

Manki

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Manki

When I was really on a budget and in a transitional stage in my life, I bought a memory foam mattress around this price range.

I had it for around 4 years. I said to myself I'd get a better mattress when I had the money.

After a while, we made dips in our mattress. like really bad ones.

After a while I just started sleeping with my arms up to correct the problem in my back from the dips.

Then I started waking up with numb hands. My hands would just be stiff in the morning. I don't know why I ignored it for so long. My arm was also tingly in the mornings.

Until one point my circulation was just really bad. I thought my knees were arthritic. But when I moved them more they'd feel better. Part of my body would just fall asleep on its own.

I still don't know if this is attributed to a warped memory foam mattress.

I am still not sure if it's related at all. All I know is that I wont risk my health on something so cheap. I got a more expensive mattress since two days ago. (beautyrest legend) I'm still breaking it in to see if it helps me.

Do you want to spend money on a cheap mattress for yourself? Even if it's just for a short time, I think you shouldn't.

Also if you are heavier I think you wont find this mattress to be good for you.

Buy cheap but you'll pay the price for it!

* I'd recommend like actually being able to lay on something before you buy it. If you do buy this why dont you put a deadline on it. make a contract with yourself like "after 1 year of use I will consider buying another mattress if I feel any issues in my health. ( pinched nerves)

I only write this much because it was my mistake to stay with a bad Mattress for so long and I don't want others to do the same.

-

fogtower

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fogtower

I wonder how much chemical outgassing this has like others. My concern is the chemicals not found in natural latex, etc.

Xchoppers

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Xchoppers
rosweed wrote:Does the Cal King come in two pieces, or is it one mattress? What is the shipping weight? Thanks!

We have the AMAZING Cal King

One Piece

No Odors!

Ship wt was 75#.....arrives rolled in a very easy to handle light canvas bag

gr0m17

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gr0m17

I ordered this mattress from woot a few times ago ( some additional discussion about it here: http://home.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5613314&ref=cnt_odet_jtd )

I really really love it. Let me count the ways:

It didn't and doesn't have any chemical smell. Maybe the first day right after it came out of the package, but nothing I ever really noticed. It also inflated very quickly.

It's nice and comfy, and isn't hot. I feared it would be hot being all foam, but the blue stuff really does keep it cool. I sat on my friends temper pedic and I could feel my bum getting warm pretty quickly. Not the case with this mattress.

It hasn't developed any body shaped grooves, (and I'm a larger hunk of man meat) though it should be noted I rotate the head and toes every few weeks just... to be safe.

tl;dr, if you are on the fence, absolutely buy this. If I needed a mattress, I'd be all over this.

Xchoppers

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Xchoppers
fogtower wrote:I wonder how much chemical outgassing this has like others. My concern is the chemicals not found in natural latex, etc.

Purchased the Cal King - Opened it up expecting an odor - None!

Few weeks late, Purchased a Full - Same as above - No obnoxious smells etc. slept on them the first night of arrival.

Actually forward to going to bed! Per previous poster - chronic daily back problem disappeared, went out of town, hotel mattress, back ache returned, home again, back issues gone.

In for #3............guest room

majekman76

quality posts: 1 Private Messages majekman76

HEY WOOT? What has happened to your customer service? I've sent two emails to you about two separate issues I had with things purchased during the last Woot Off, and you haven't even acknowledged receiving my emails. I've been a loyal Woot customer for years, is this how I should be treated?

Sooner or later, it all comes down to money...

bek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bek
cousineaud wrote:It probably would be time for a new mattress. A 10yr old Tempurpedic would be using 10yr old technology in their foam.

What you are describing is the foam breaking down. A new mattress would be soft yet supportive.

Thanks. I guess I am wondering a few specific things, like is this the same quality as a Tempurpedic? It took about 9 years before my Tempurpedic started breaking down... how long will it take for this mattress to do the same? I'm hoping for at least 5 years, but since it's 1/10 the price of my Tempurpedic, I don't know if that's a realistic hope. Surely I can get a few years out of it?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

majekman76 wrote:HEY WOOT? What has happened to your customer service? I've sent two emails to you about two separate issues I had with things purchased during the last Woot Off, and you haven't even acknowledged receiving my emails. I've been a loyal Woot customer for years, is this how I should be treated?

Sorry for the problems. CS is transitioning to a new system and it doesn't kick out an auto-reply at this time. It's likely that they got the email. They take about 1-2 days to respond.

Regardless, I'll add you to my afternoon report so CS can look into it.

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

TECHSENSEI

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TECHSENSEI

Hi wooters. I decided to pull the trigger on a queen size after reading a few of the older reviews from last year. Seems like a great mattress that should allow me to get much better zzzz'ssss!!

I bought a firm Sealy posturepedic about 3years ago and I never liked it! I should have taken it back but I didn't. So, I'm wondering if I should put this one on top of my firm mattress to possibly make this one last longer? Or, should I just use my boxspring and remove my firm Sealy posturepedic to make sure it wears in correctly?

Thanks for any suggestions and I can't wait to see how this helps with my sleep and lower back pain.
Sure seems like a good deal and if I can get better quality sleep it's a sound investment.

I also bought a few of those memory foam pillow for good measure! Thanks for any info. Hopefully I can sell my old one on craigslist or something since it's in good shape.

Darmok

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Darmok

What I need is one of these in a "Camper Queen" size.

1wally1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages 1wally1
Darmok wrote:What I need is one of these in a "Camper Queen" size.

Amen, Amen to that comment.
Would buy one in a milli- flash to fit my camper bed. Have thought about trimming it myself but lacking the confidence.

MrsBigham

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MrsBigham
1wally1 wrote:Amen, Amen to that comment.
Would buy one in a milli- flash to fit my camper bed. Have thought about trimming it myself but lacking the confidence.

why wouldn't this be a camper queen? to tall for you?

myrcol

quality posts: 0 Private Messages myrcol

Who is the manufacturer of this mattress?