talwyn

quality posts: 9 Private Messages talwyn
special72 wrote:I held off for a while since I really don't need another t-shirt, and since I prefer tank tops in the summer. BUT the thought of seeing another person wearing one out in the wild and realizing how amazing that would be, pushed me over the edge.

Speaking of pushing over the edge... Should be Page 200 now!

special72

quality posts: 5 Private Messages special72
talwyn wrote:Speaking of pushing over the edge... Should be Page 200 now!

Woot! Rock on Betta Koi!

Caver2130

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Caver2130

We'll never sign a treaty and never quit!

talwyn

Caver2130 wrote:We'll never sign a treaty and never quit!

Well, to be fair, ink doesn't last long in water, no matter what our allies, the squid and octopus say. Also, fins aren't conducive to signing anything but doom to our opponents.

Plus, our mantra is "Just keep swimming" for a reason! We can't quit because we need to swim to breathe oxygen!

amhi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages amhi
special72 wrote:I held off for a while since I really don't need another t-shirt, and since I prefer tank tops in the summer. BUT the thought of seeing another person wearing one out in the wild and realizing how amazing that would be, pushed me over the edge.

Same here. I genuinely think we had the nicest logo out of the three clans. Plus I'm a Pisces, so I already have some jewellery that matches.

JDSardone

quality posts: 3 Private Messages JDSardone

who ended up winning the OHHH MYYY posting thing?

LayneRobinson

quality posts: 8 Private Messages LayneRobinson
JDSardone wrote:who ended up winning the OHHH MYYY posting thing?

The god of chaos Loki won......we crashed the servers even when the Birthday of Celebrations didn't.

Holy Crap! I got a letter! http://www.twitpic.com/1edbfv
It turned out to be car wax http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89F-TOVQtrI

rooksie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rooksie

Literally, WOOT! I've found my clan And how appropriate since I lived in Tokyo, Japan for 3 years to be a koi!

jon98gn

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jon98gn

What the HEY! How did I get demoted 5 levels?

\

JDSardone

LayneRobinson wrote:The god of chaos Loki won......we crashed the servers even when the Birthday of Celebrations didn't.

That seems appropriate... on a different note wasnt i supposed to get some levels from getting a Birthday of Celebrations I was level 2 before I got my Birthday of Celebrations and my Shirt Birthday of Celebrations..

mevail

quality posts: 8 Private Messages mevail
JDSardone wrote:who ended up winning the OHHH MYYY posting thing?

In the live feed, they announced that all of the clans were completely sucking at it with no end in sight, so they decided to award the win to the clan that had scored the most Brains of Cheese: the (shocking!) largest clan, V'owls.

Be patient. Good things come to those who Woot.

monkerino

quality posts: 1 Private Messages monkerino
captincomfy wrote:i want to be in this clan

jump on in! we need to start cooking dinner.

monkerino

arksign

quality posts: 3 Private Messages arksign
mevail wrote:In the live feed, they announced that all of the clans were completely sucking at it with no end in sight, so they decided to award the win to the clan that had scored the most Brains of Cheese: the (shocking!) largest clan, V'owls.

you didn't mention the crazy post-in-the-youtube-comments thing which totally didn't work. What I want to know is what did the winning clan get? What was the big prize that we were fighting for?

talwyn

arksign wrote:you didn't mention the crazy post-in-the-youtube-comments thing which totally didn't work. What I want to know is what did the winning clan get? What was the big prize that we were fighting for?

Apparently, a pretty laurel around the clan logo under our name. No word yet on if there were other prizes to be won.

fishphotoguy

quality posts: 9 Private Messages fishphotoguy
talwyn wrote:Apparently, a pretty laurel around the clan logo under our name. No word yet on if there were other prizes to be won.

ohh, laurel. I thought some squarryl hurked scrambled eggs on their clan tag. Glad the proud Betta Koi sigil hasn't been defaced like that.

I got the impression the scrambled eggs were the prize.

shahnm

quality posts: 28 Private Messages shahnm

Wondering if my gang tattoo - er, signature - works...

mhodson1

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mhodson1

anyone get their Birthday of Celebrations yet?

special72

quality posts: 5 Private Messages special72
mevail wrote:In the live feed, they announced that all of the clans were completely sucking at it with no end in sight, so they decided to award the win to the clan that had scored the most Brains of Cheese: the (shocking!) largest clan, V'owls.

They definitely should've used the percentage of clan members who purchased a Birthday of Celebrations We were small in number but mighty!

talwyn

special72 wrote:They definitely should've used the percentage of clan members who purchased a Birthday of Celebrations We were small in number but mighty!

I agree. And also, kinda stupid to just base everything on that. Betta Koi won three out of the four battles. We had (and still have) the highest post count.

If they had calculated everything into the winning team, then I'd be okay with it. But to just base it on numbers... it's no surprise that the largest team won with that criteria.

amhi

The Squarryls claim they managed the OHHH MYYY, but were then over-ruled by the bags of crap thing. Don't know, I wasn't there.

ambermarie1221

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ambermarie1221

C'mon guys, don't be sore losers. We were the best dang fishy we could be. Even if our feats of awesomeness don't get rewarded with lousy laurels, we know we are WoW winners! We're the best darn clan Woot! has ever seen.

amhi

I think we should throw a party on a new thread, and invite the Squarryls and V'owls. In fact I'm going to (grabs a handful of beer).

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 31 Private Messages daveinwarshington

Well, koi...
We didn't win.
Even though we squarryls are not very fond of fish (we prefer nuts), you fought hard! (for a fish)
We can still gather for a cold beer (do fish drink?) and tell our war stories.

amhi

daveinwarshington wrote:Well, koi...
We didn't win.
Even though we squarryls are not very fond of fish (we prefer nuts), you fought hard! (for a fish)
We can still gather for a cold beer (do fish drink?) and tell our war stories.

We can! Come on over to the All Clans Post Event Party Thread. There's beer.

amhi

Oh you're there already, sorry! Cool.

connieh2007

quality posts: 5 Private Messages connieh2007

having world of wootcrap withdrawl

talwyn

connieh2007 wrote:having world of wootcrap withdrawl

You're about to have more... the Clan effects have gone away, and now only our signatures remain to remind us of our hard-fought battle... T_T

wingz666

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wingz666

Miss my level icon

amhi

talwyn wrote:You're about to have more... the Clan effects have gone away, and now only our signatures remain to remind us of our hard-fought battle... T_T

Yeah. That's a shame.

imsochady

quality posts: 30 Private Messages imsochady

Oh man it's all gone!

hmmm08

quality posts: 9 Private Messages hmmm08
mevail wrote:Hey, I know it's very after-the-fact, but any Betta Kois who want to proudly display the banner in their forum signatures for posterity can do so by following these instructions:

• Go to your Your Account link.
  • Go to your Forum Settings
  • Add the following image link to your signature, exactly as shown except without spaces in the img tags:
  • [ img=100x25 ]http://d3gqasl9vmjfd8.cloudfront.net/b5502c28-f049-480e-a59b-f63eded1a6a7.png[ /img ]

Thanks!

bryantjb

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bryantjb

test

X11

mevail

talwyn wrote:Apparently, a pretty laurel around the clan logo under our name. No word yet on if there were other prizes to be won.

And, now, even the laurels and logos are gone! World of Wootcrap has disappeared into the mists of legend...

jcanders1975

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jcanders1975
mevail wrote:And, now, even the laurels and logos are gone! World of Wootcrap has disappeared into the mists of legend...

You wear that level 8 tag proudly! I think you were the biggest fish in the pond ehh Mevail?

mevail

jcanders1975 wrote:You wear that level 8 tag proudly! I think you were the biggest fish in the pond ehh Mevail?

I think it's an inverse thing. The level indicates how embarrassingly obsessed you were with an epic time-wasting event. I wear my badge of shame as a warning to others.

jcanders1975

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jcanders1975
mevail wrote:I think it's an inverse thing. The level indicates how embarrassingly obsessed you were with an epic time-wasting event. I wear my badge of shame as a warning to others.

I only got to level 4. I was frankly saddened by failure to waste time to the epic level. But hey we all face obstacles...

mossygreen

quality posts: 75 Private Messages mossygreen
wingz666 wrote:Miss my level icon

Not me! I found the level thing very frustrating because (for me at least) it wasn't updated promptly/correctly and after a certain point it made me not want to participate. Without the icon to remind me, I can focus on the fun parts!

JDSardone

ambermarie1221 wrote:C'mon guys, don't be sore losers. We were the best dang fishy we could be. Even if our feats of awesomeness don't get rewarded with lousy laurels, we know we are WoW winners! We're the best darn clan Woot! has ever seen.

Wait your saying we beat WOW... wow

monkerino

quality posts: 1 Private Messages monkerino
mhodson1 wrote:anyone get their Birthday of Celebrations yet?

yepper.
bushel of carrots received.

- one emergency whistle
- one small colts jersey
- one mona lisa oil paint kit
- one Kodak camera bag
- one set of Bed Bath and Beyond salad plates.

this was a good one. I was just about to buy some oil paints this afternoon.

monkerino

holyitz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages holyitz
special72 wrote:I actually think our tshirt was the best out of the clan designs.

me too , thats why i bought 1 , cant wait for m bag o celebs... 5lb 13x10x9

[ img=100x25 ]http://d3gqasl9vmjfd8.cloudfront.net/b5502c28-f049-480e-a59b-f63eded1a6a7.png[ /img ]