Jessara


quality posts: 7 Private Messages Jessara

I'd really like to know who the sadistic, warped, obsessed- I mean, the name of the designer of this delight.

jtselby


quality posts: 3 Private Messages jtselby

Anyone have any idea what is going on here? I'm not convinced that it's part of the July 2005 entry, but I don't know what it's supposed to say so it's hard to place.

skemmis


quality posts: 17 Private Messages skemmis

Staff

ROGETRAY wrote:



Pass me the shark repellent.

skemmis


quality posts: 17 Private Messages skemmis

Staff

Jessara wrote:I'd really like to know who the sadistic, warped, obsessed- I mean, the name of the designer of this delight.



*cough* rogetray *cough*

Lookitsmikel


quality posts: 9 Private Messages Lookitsmikel
Jessara wrote:I'd really like to know who the sadistic, warped, obsessed- I mean, the name of the designer of this delight.



Manhands led me to believe ROGETRAY created this wonderful game.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

Lookitsmikel


quality posts: 9 Private Messages Lookitsmikel
jtselby wrote:Anyone have any idea what is going on here? I'm not convinced that it's part of the July 2005 entry, but I don't know what it's supposed to say so it's hard to place.



It is Sat Sun (Saturday Sunday) something woot did back in July 2005 which is why we know it goes there. The explanation is somewhere here.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

haker85


quality posts: 0 Private Messages haker85

Here is mine.

kansasmom


quality posts: 2 Private Messages kansasmom
Lookitsmikel wrote:It is Sat Sun (Saturday Sunday) something woot did back in July 2005 which is why we know it goes there. The explanation is somewhere here.



Evidently that's when Sat and Sun Woots began. It's funny now thinking of going from Friday to Monday with no new woot items.

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 175 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

jtselby


quality posts: 3 Private Messages jtselby
Lookitsmikel wrote:It is Sat Sun (Saturday Sunday) something woot did back in July 2005 which is why we know it goes there. The explanation is somewhere here.



Oh, okay. Now that you mention it, that sounds familiar from when I was poking around the site before I got sucked in a few months later.

dhollow2


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dhollow2
jtselby wrote:Anyone have any idea what is going on here? I'm not convinced that it's part of the July 2005 entry, but I don't know what it's supposed to say so it's hard to place.



The first Sunday Woot was on July 10th, 2005, and the first Saturday Woot was on July 23rd.

Lookitsmikel


quality posts: 9 Private Messages Lookitsmikel
ROGETRAY wrote:



Yup, that't how we all feel right now... Glad to see your little experiment with your "test subjects" is working.....

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

appledude9


quality posts: 1 Private Messages appledude9

Here's my piece

jtselby


quality posts: 3 Private Messages jtselby
appledude9 wrote:Here's my piece



Fixed. You need to include the file extension (.jpg) in the name.

appledude9


quality posts: 1 Private Messages appledude9
jtselby wrote:Fixed. You need to include the file extension (.jpg) in the name.



Ah, thanks! I was wondering why it wouldn't work right

Toni2000


quality posts: 4 Private Messages Toni2000
kansasmom wrote:Evidently that's when Sat and Sun Woots began. It's funny now thinking of going from Friday to Monday with no new woot items.



Did they sell t-shirts on the weekend always?

remo28


quality posts: 25 Private Messages remo28
Toni2000 wrote:Did they sell t-shirts on the weekend always?


No, at the beginning tshirts were M-F. But shirt.woot started in 2007 and the bottom of the Sat Sun piece has Feb 2006 on it. So its in the right area on the timeline.

panthiest


quality posts: 17 Private Messages panthiest

Are you sure the link on here is right? I probably got a couple bits wrong, but it looks much different than what I got glancing over the puzzle itself-

bit.ly/hewsbaooatstimcoswdnf6lpdprsndech1iemneato2n3imwfrgepddmosddf2gyosaeeeanauan2rgnt1tzk

Not that it matters that much yet since neither goes anywhere

Lookitsmikel


quality posts: 9 Private Messages Lookitsmikel
panthiest wrote:Are you sure the link on here is right? I probably got a couple bits wrong, but it looks much different than what I got glancing over the puzzle itself-

bit.ly/hewsbaooatstimcoswdnf6lpdprsndech1iemneato2n3imwfrgepddmosddf2gyosaeeeanauan2rgnt1tzk

Not that it matters that much yet since neither goes anywhere



Look at the "primary" tab on bottom

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

barkwoot


quality posts: 173 Private Messages barkwoot
panthiest wrote:Are you sure the link on here is right? I probably got a couple bits wrong, but it looks much different than what I got glancing over the puzzle itself-

bit.ly/hewsbaooatstimcoswdnf6lpdprsndech1iemneato2n3imwfrgepddmosddf2gyosaeeeanauan2rgnt1tzk

Not that it matters that much yet since neither goes anywhere



bit.ly/ links are case sensitive, so capitalization does matter.


Ozzie2191


quality posts: 52 Private Messages Ozzie2191

Here is mine



I just read the woot staff rules...if this ends up pointing to a Birthday of Celebrations I will have sadness if it ends up being snagged by people who didn't share =/

Edit: Oh man..my piece looks like the one two right and two down from the top left, BUT it is shaped differently. Which means this is one puzzle cut multiple ways. Curse you Rogetray!!!!!

Although I guess that means we can cheat a bit on some.

**Witty signature fail**Out of cheese error**Redo from start**

kansasmom


quality posts: 2 Private Messages kansasmom
panthiest wrote:Are you sure the link on here is right? I probably got a couple bits wrong, but it looks much different than what I got glancing over the puzzle itself-

bit.ly/hewsbaooatstimcoswdnf6lpdprsndech1iemneato2n3imwfrgepddmosddf2gyosaeeeanauan2rgnt1tzk

Not that it matters that much yet since neither goes anywhere



It is case sensitive, although my tries don't go anywhere either. If someone figures it out, I hope he/she lets us know. Not the answer, just that something worked.

Lookitsmikel


quality posts: 9 Private Messages Lookitsmikel
kansasmom wrote:It is case sensitive, although my tries don't go anywhere either. If someone figures it out, I hope he/she lets us know. Not the answer, just that something worked.



Right now with almost everyone participating in the Google docs I'm thinking it will be solved there and everyone will know at the same time. They already said there will be enough of whatever it is so go around. (I'm sure a copy of this puzzle, lol)

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

kansasmom


quality posts: 2 Private Messages kansasmom
Lookitsmikel wrote:Look at the "primary" tab on bottom



on the bottom of that document? I don't see another primary.

jesseroo


quality posts: 5 Private Messages jesseroo

You guys are going to end up finishing now that I need sleep I'm sure :P

mossygreen


quality posts: 74 Private Messages mossygreen
thumperchick wrote:Got my BoSC! My puzzle piece is a duplicate.


Was it a corner at least?

TheEndless


quality posts: 14 Private Messages TheEndless
mossygreen wrote:Was it a corner at least?


My duplicate was a corner piece. I thought I was special, until I saw so many other dupes...

TheEndless

ThatPoshGirl


quality posts: 32 Private Messages ThatPoshGirl
jtselby wrote:Anyone have any idea what is going on here? I'm not convinced that it's part of the July 2005 entry, but I don't know what it's supposed to say so it's hard to place.



I'm relatively certain that another piece should be in there. The Woot 2.0 piece and a bunch of others needs to be shifted left to make room for another piece. I did the shifting here: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1rllOwFDnuqexE3nJn2iKEkaZPISJMnmPa9FYKAAyffU/edit#slide=id.p

I commented in the other puzzle doc, but all that was done was my comment was cleared and the changes were not made.

When you look at the legend you can see the body of the ship is supposed to be there.

kansasmom


quality posts: 2 Private Messages kansasmom
kansasmom wrote:on the bottom of that document? I don't see another primary.



Never mind. I think I understand what you're saying.

So we are definitely missing something still.

Lookitsmikel


quality posts: 9 Private Messages Lookitsmikel
kansasmom wrote:Never mind. I think I understand what you're saying.

So we are definitely missing something still.



Yup! We are, and calculations show that with what we are missing there are over 8,000,000 combos left. That being said, I'm off to bed, see you all in the morning!

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

Ozzie2191


quality posts: 52 Private Messages Ozzie2191
ThatPoshGirl wrote:I'm relatively certain that another piece should be in there. The Woot 2.0 piece and a bunch of others needs to be shifted left to make room for another piece. I did the shifting here: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1rllOwFDnuqexE3nJn2iKEkaZPISJMnmPa9FYKAAyffU/edit#slide=id.p

I commented in the other puzzle doc, but all that was done was my comment was cleared and the changes were not made.

When you look at the legend you can see the body of the ship is supposed to be there.



Based on my piece, this puzzle is cut more than one way.

**Witty signature fail**Out of cheese error**Redo from start**

daedalusknight


quality posts: 3 Private Messages daedalusknight

Gah... I'm trying to help out... I'm really good at puzzle making... I could do all kinds of wonders with coloring and overlapping... but I can't get editing access to the docs files. I tried to start doing my own conversion from the pieces posted, but resizing and cropping it is taking forever. I'll have to try again tomorrow, I guess.

xboarderz7


quality posts: 0 Private Messages xboarderz7

My Piece

pegasus1259


quality posts: 2 Private Messages pegasus1259
bjm5401 wrote:I dont know if anyone can see this...but it kind of sums up my thoughts on this whole thing right now..lol.



Cute and so very very true.


PUfelix85


quality posts: 2 Private Messages PUfelix85

could really use that piece missing in the bottom with Woot on it for when they were [s]bought[/s] aquired by Amazon.

x8

dfoth


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dfoth
kansasmom wrote:Never mind. I think I understand what you're saying.

So we are definitely missing something still.



Based on the spacing I'm pretty sure it's something like
"Saturday and
Sunday Woots"
but trying random combinations of the missing letters into the url hasn't worked yet.

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 175 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

Ozzie2191 wrote:Here is mine



I just read the woot staff rules...if this ends up pointing to a Birthday of Celebrations I will have sadness if it ends up being snagged by people who didn't share =/

Edit: Oh man..my piece looks like the one two right and two down from the top left, BUT it is shaped differently. Which means this is one puzzle cut multiple ways. Curse you Rogetray!!!!!

Although I guess that means we can cheat a bit on some.





MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

//sinister laugh

PUfelix85


quality posts: 2 Private Messages PUfelix85
dfoth wrote:Based on the spacing I'm pretty sure it's something like
"Saturday and
Sunday Woots"
but trying random combinations of the missing letters into the url hasn't worked yet.



that is probably because we are missing the red letters in Woot from the last row, and this represents 10 possible combinations to multiply by the 8 for Sat Sun Woots.

x8

renatuslives


quality posts: 13 Private Messages renatuslives
PUfelix85 wrote:that is probably because we are missing the red letters in Woot from the last row, and this represents 10 possible combinations to multiply by the 8 for Sat Sun Woots.



Not to mention the assumption that the letter/number orders are correct in general.


swillbilly


quality posts: 0 Private Messages swillbilly

could it be morse code? lower case = dot upper case = dash