pegasus1259

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pegasus1259
ThatPoshGirl wrote:Have you seen the founder? I think he's projecting.

I love the Freaker. I'm sad I didn't get one :/

Ye Gods! ... I went to the website and looked at his pic. Question answered. Cool idea, I might have to get myself one or two of them for my travel cups.

remo28

quality posts: 7 Private Messages remo28
swillbilly wrote:could it be morse code? lower case = dot upper case = dash

bit.ly only does letter/number links. No characters in them.

Ozzie2191

quality posts: 52 Private Messages Ozzie2191
ROGETRAY wrote:

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

//sinister laugh

Live it up bucko, we'll get you and your puzzle!

Actually, this is quite fun.

**Witty signature fail**Out of cheese error**Redo from start**

pegasus1259

Jessara wrote:So far it has caused me to download the entire .pptx, shove pieces around on my own, and have three screens going at once. No sassafrassa software is going to defeat me. I need another monitor. It's a conspiracy.

ROFL... You have way more patience that I do. My eyes hurt after looking at it for more than 5 minutes.

mpyrzynski

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mpyrzynski

I have a puzzle piece, but since I don't have a web page, I can't figure out how to post it here. I tried posting it on facebook and doing the before and after it. Also tried posting to Pinterest and doing the same with the link from there, but both showed up as broken links in the preview. Any suggestions welcome!

mossygreen

quality posts: 71 Private Messages mossygreen
Jsabia5168 wrote:Just got mine! Procrastination University tshirt, plain grayish tshirt, Meh Facebook sticker, and Ugly Christmas sweater iphone case. My puzzle piece has already been posted. Thanks Woot!

We are BOSC twins! I will add my thanks to woot! Also, I don't have an iPhone, so if someone wants an Ugly Christmas Sweater case, let me know.

dtcbob

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dtcbob
mpyrzynski wrote:I have a puzzle piece, but since I don't have a web page, I can't figure out how to post it here. I tried posting it on facebook and doing the before and after it. Also tried posting to Pinterest and doing the same with the link from there, but both showed up as broken links in the preview. Any suggestions welcome!

Go to http://imgur.com/

indigo1017

quality posts: 1 Private Messages indigo1017

Got my piece today:

Edit: Grrr - Photobucket image links are not working for some reason...

mossygreen

By the way, if you absolutely must have a Freaker and didn't get one in your box, and don't want to order online, Target has a limited selection for $10 each.

barkwoot

quality posts: 110 Private Messages barkwoot
indigo1017 wrote:Got my piece today:

Woot Forums may not like it being in an album. I've had issues with that in the past. I moved to imgur.com and have had much better luck.

special72

quality posts: 2 Private Messages special72

I think the top corner looks more like this:

pepsiwine

quality posts: 3 Private Messages pepsiwine
ROGETRAY wrote:

So what's the back up plan if the people that have the remaining puzzle pieces we need to solve this never share and we never get the letters we need?

Surely there must be a FUBAR plan?
And no, going to ludicrous speed doesn't count.

indigo1017

quality posts: 1 Private Messages indigo1017

Trying again:

thumperchick

quality posts: 238 Private Messages thumperchick
indigo1017 wrote:Got my piece today:

Probably that % sign. The Forums get annoyed with photobucket links every once in a while.

No worries, your piece is a duplicate.

jrs1980

quality posts: 29 Private Messages jrs1980

Pardon me, would you have any bags of crap?

barkwoot

So, if this 1 gazillion long link actually does lead to a place to buy this puzzle, who thinks they'll be able to put it together blind folded?

I've been staring at these pieces way too much...

lichme

quality posts: 2845 Private Messages lichme
barkwoot wrote:So, if this 1 gazillion long link actually does lead to a place to buy this puzzle, who thinks they'll be able to put it together blind folded?

I've been staring at these pieces way too much...

If it is a link to buy, I sure hope it is without the bit.ly and the offset text colors for the link.

pepsiwine

Our two pieces.
They're duplicates.

barkwoot

lichme wrote:If it is a link to buy, I sure hope it is without the bit.ly and the offset text colors for the link.

I could see that going either way. The legend seems to have text without color in it, but that may or may not mean anything.

bpahed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bpahed

My head hurts. Anybody have that sheet of already attempted URLs? I cant seem to find it anymore.

capned

quality posts: 0 Private Messages capned

If the legend is to be believed, the spacing on the right is not right.

If you look at the area around the back of the ship, in the legend:

and the spacing on the full-size version:

you can see that there needs to be more space. The aft part of the ship is missing, and the bottle and pier piling aren't in the right relation to the ship.

The relevant part of the legend is all on the same piece.

pegasus1259

mossygreen wrote:By the way, if you absolutely must have a Freaker and didn't get one in your box, and don't want to order online, Target has a limited selection for $10 each.

Thank you for that info. I'm not only a woot woman, I'm a Target girl, too. Does it say anything when the Target cashier know you on site and are surprised when you spend less than $50? Not to mention the Target/Starbucks barista knows exactly how to fix my iced coffee with milk my way? At least when I woot I do it in private... lol

PUfelix85

quality posts: 2 Private Messages PUfelix85

It is only 9:48 on the west coast. Come on West Coast Wooters give us some pieces.

x8

pepsiwine

capned wrote:If the legend is to be believed, the spacing on the right is not right.

If you look at the area around the back of the ship, in the legend:

and the spacing on the full-size version:

you can see that there needs to be more space. The aft part of the ship is missing, and the bottle and pier piling aren't in the right relation to the ship.

The relevant part of the legend is all on the same piece.

Methinks your "pier piling" might actually be a cleverly-disguised candle...
...on the birthday cake.... for Woot's birthday... you know - the whole reason we're doing this group masochism thing.

capned

quality posts: 0 Private Messages capned
pepsiwine wrote:Methinks your "pier piling" might actually be a cleverly-disguised candle...
...on the birthday cake.... for Woot's birthday... you know - the whole reason we're doing this group masochism thing.

I think you missed my point. :-)

PUfelix85

capned wrote:I think you missed my point. :-)

If you look at the updated puzzle you will see there is more space now. I don't know if one of you fixed it.

x8

pepsiwine

PUfelix85 wrote:If you look at the updated puzzle you will see there is more space now. I don't know if one of you fixed it.

Not me.
At this point I'm so blind from looking at this puzzle for the last 16 hours that I'm going to start needing braille pieces.
And wine.

mossygreen

pegasus1259 wrote:Thank you for that info. I'm not only a woot woman, I'm a Target girl, too. Does it say anything when the Target cashier know you on site and are surprised when you spend less than $50? Not to mention the Target/Starbucks barista knows exactly how to fix my iced coffee with milk my way? At least when I woot I do it in private... lol

Um, it says that Target is doing a good job with customer service in your area? I can't think of a different interpretation.

raticute

quality posts: 1 Private Messages raticute

2 pieces! Mine and my bf's.

pepsiwine

capned wrote:I think you missed my point. :-)

I got your point.
I was just bemused by your interpretation of Woot's post-modern puzzle art.
It made me chuckle.

And heck, this is Woot after all - they may very well have put pier pilings on their birthday cake. Who knows!?!

fear025

quality posts: 3 Private Messages fear025

Here's my piece. It's a duplicate, but my scan is a little brighter than the one on the map, for what it's worth.

PUfelix85

pepsiwine wrote:...
And wine.

here let me help you with that http://wine.woot.com/?ref=gh_wn_10

x8

abion

quality posts: 1 Private Messages abion
PUfelix85 wrote:If you look at the updated puzzle you will see there is more space now. I don't know if one of you fixed it.

I shifted things around. Might be my last contribution for the night, though. Let's hope tomorrow brings some nice pieces.

PUfelix85

abion wrote:I shifted things around. Might be my last contribution for the night, though. Let's hope tomorrow brings some nice pieces.

I tried a bunch of combinations and it looks to me like there Saturday and Sunday are spelled out completely. We are going to need that piece and the one with Woot on it in the bottom corner to have any shot at it.

x8

shyxgrl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shyxgrl
BelyndaG wrote:Sorry if this one is a duplicate. I did a quick scan of the board and didn't see it, but my ADHD is kicking in and I could easily have missed it.

I assume the final puzzle will be the Woot History timeline so this one will cover a 2012 event.

I have this same piece!!

TheEndless

quality posts: 14 Private Messages TheEndless
raticute wrote:

2 pieces! Mine and my bf's.

Both dupes, unfortunately...

TheEndless

bpahed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bpahed

Here's a repost to the spreadsheet link i was trying to find earlier.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DFNdQAgxJ3kE2EE_XJqBWNz9c_lznQmEaL_KiPKQha8/edit#gid=1659342156

nodnetni

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nodnetni

well I am done for the night. I feel like we are missing a key piece or two.

I wonder if woot was aware the pieces would not be identical. Perhaps that was part of their evil birthday plans.

Hope no one solves this before I get up.

nodnetni

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nodnetni

also any chance those of you with Legend pieces could rescan for a clearer picture, that would be great.

PUfelix85

A quick wrap before I go to bed.

Puzzle: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1H57TBSRxs9ZwmtTSmoySI0JzOTAEEs0xrintIkNwmGo/edit#slide=id.p

Word Layout (lookitsmikel): https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1cFa07PtGuw2ROgvUhvYTApfAK25jGj60vQESB_OfRu0/edit#slide=id.p13

Spreadsheet (Jtrun): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DFNdQAgxJ3kE2EE_XJqBWNz9c_lznQmEaL_KiPKQha8/edit#gid=1659342156

*Note: I did not create any of these I am just putting them here for easy linkage. I am sorry if I forgot who started them I am going from memory.

x8