streetpreacher82


quality posts: 0 Private Messages streetpreacher82

Could someone from Woot gives us some feedback here on what is going on? We natives are getting restless!

streetpreacher82


quality posts: 0 Private Messages streetpreacher82
ZenWarrior wrote:Given my account page states the status of this purchase remains open and awaiting shipment (and implicitly, only after that can I not cancel), I have e-mailed Woot to cancel the purchase of this TV and extended warranty, and to fully refund all monies.

I'll buy it new via Amazon with a full one-year manufacturer's warranty for only $35 more dollars than the product with warranty here vs. risking what appears could well be a dubious attempt to both get a quality product and also save money via Woot and/or its partners. As anxiety regarding this purchase increases each waiting day, my peace of mind right now is worth $35.



I am considering doing the same and go with Tiger Direct. I hate to because I love Woot, but the idea of dealing with a broken television is messing my weekend up.

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 156 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

streetpreacher82 wrote:Could someone from Woot gives us some feedback here on what is going on? We natives are getting restless!



I've forwarded on this issue to Member Services. We will have an update as soon as we have information regarding the Vizio TVs.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

streetpreacher82


quality posts: 0 Private Messages streetpreacher82
ROGETRAY wrote:I've forwarded on this issue to Member Services. We will have an update as soon as we have information regarding the Vizio TVs.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff



Thanks! Your help is appreciated. Excited for me TV, just a ball or nerves over other folks experiences!

Gtown69


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gtown69

The same thing happened to me. Fedex just dropped it off without even ringing the doorbell. The box has a tear in the front and due to that I'm not even surprised mine is damaged. It looks like a spiderweb at the top of the screen where it got smashed in. I sure hope I can just get a replacement. I can be patient for this type of thing.

blaculadave


quality posts: 18 Private Messages blaculadave

Staff

Right now, we are still waiting on the tracking details from our vendors. Events like this, especially with larger items, ship directly from our different vendors. Because of that, we're kinda at their mercy as far as getting the tracking details to you. As soon as we receive those details from them, we input them into our system and you guys get the notification via email.

Typically, our vendors use your Woot Order Number as the Reference Number, hence why most of these types of threads advise tracking that way until we officiall get tracking in.

https://www.fedex.com/AltRefTracking?cntry_code=us

The only other thing I would say is that orders can take up to 5 Business Days to ship. We've all kinda gotten used to orders shipping next day, or within a few days...but definitely, you don't need to start getting worried until it's been more than a week without hearing news from us. Even then, you might spot us an extra day or two, just in case we're still shaking down people for tracking details.

streetpreacher82


quality posts: 0 Private Messages streetpreacher82
blaculadave wrote:Right now, we are still waiting on the tracking details from our vendors. Events like this, especially with larger items, ship directly from our different vendors. Because of that, we're kinda at their mercy as far as getting the tracking details to you. As soon as we receive those details from them, we input them into our system and you guys get the notification via email.

Typically, our vendors use your Woot Order Number as the Reference Number, hence why most of these types of threads advise tracking that way until we officiall get tracking in.

https://www.fedex.com/AltRefTracking?cntry_code=us

The only other thing I would say is that orders can take up to 5 Business Days to ship. We've all kinda gotten used to orders shipping next day, or within a few days...but definitely, you don't need to start getting worried until it's been more than a week without hearing news from us. Even then, you might spot us an extra day or two, just in case we're still shaking down people for tracking details.



That is not really a problem, but how do you guys explain all the damage reports?

streetpreacher82


quality posts: 0 Private Messages streetpreacher82
Gtown69 wrote:The same thing happened to me. Fedex just dropped it off without even ringing the doorbell. The box has a tear in the front and due to that I'm not even surprised mine is damaged. It looks like a spiderweb at the top of the screen where it got smashed in. I sure hope I can just get a replacement. I can be patient for this type of thing.



I can be, but if it happens, I won't promise I will be. I only say this because it is such a widespread problem. :/

yosemitemtb


quality posts: 0 Private Messages yosemitemtb

I just sent an email to service@woot.com to see if my order can be cancelled. I just saw a very, very similar but a little better TV at my local Costco, Vizeo 32" LED 720p with three hdmi ports instead of two. The price was $250, only $5 more once shipping is added in, for a new TV with a two year warranty instead of a refurb with 120 days. What are my chances my order will actually be cancelled?

benjamin91275


quality posts: 0 Private Messages benjamin91275

I would be surprised if they canceled it. It seems people often receive items while their order still shows "awaiting shipping".

I came very close to sending a cancelation email myself, but decided to take a chance. I will refuse delivery if it looks beat up, though.


gdon


quality posts: 1 Private Messages gdon
gdon wrote:My 47" just came in today. WHAT A CRAPPY PACKING JOB. I have spent time in a shipping department and I would have better packaging with a box of rocks.

WOOT what do I do? TV looks like it went on Toads Wild Ride?



As an update, I contacted Woot on Saturday. Not thinking I would hear back till Monday, I received an email today(Sunday) with the info to ship the damaged TV back.

Thanks WOOT. I really wanted to keep the TV and should have been able to if the shippers knew anything about keeping fitting a TV into a box.

streetpreacher82


quality posts: 0 Private Messages streetpreacher82
gdon wrote:As an update, I contacted Woot on Saturday. Not thinking I would hear back till Monday, I received an email today(Sunday) with the info to ship the damaged TV back.

Thanks WOOT. I really wanted to keep the TV and should have been able to if the shippers knew anything about keeping fitting a TV into a box.



That is good to hear, makes me feel some better. Just bothers me that there are two tv sales in a row with this issue. I'll keep you guys posted on mine.

streetpreacher82


quality posts: 0 Private Messages streetpreacher82

I have to ask... has anyone received theirs on good condition? So far all we are hearing about are problems.

micaela310


quality posts: 2 Private Messages micaela310

I have to say as a loyal woot purchaser this whole things makes me very nervous, I don't understand why a sale that was clearly a bad one for many would happen twice. I really hope mine shows up in good shape. I would have reconsidered had I known the history of this 3rd party company.

benjamin91275


quality posts: 0 Private Messages benjamin91275

Who are these vendors that appear to know/care so little about packaging?
For anybody who has received theirs, what is the company on the return address?

streetpreacher82


quality posts: 0 Private Messages streetpreacher82
micaela310 wrote:I have to say as a loyal woot purchaser this whole things makes me very nervous, I don't understand why a sale that was clearly a bad one for many would happen twice. I really hope mine shows up in good shape. I would have reconsidered had I known the history of this 3rd party company.



I have the same question and my biggest problem is that no one has bothered to answer it yet. They have gladly discussed shipping, but why not the fact so many are being received broken. Anyone from Woot willing to stand up and explain?

aholbert32


quality posts: 0 Private Messages aholbert32
aholbert32 wrote:Stay Away! It looks like Woot erased the thread but the last time these were offered in June there were several complaints about damaged and defective TVs.

I ordered one and the entire bottom half of my TV was crushed when it was delivered. Several others encountered the same thing.



So sad to see that this is happening to a new group of customers.

aholbert32


quality posts: 0 Private Messages aholbert32
ZenWarrior wrote:Given my account page states the status of this purchase remains open and awaiting shipment (and implicitly, only after that can I not cancel), I have e-mailed Woot to cancel the purchase of this TV and extended warranty, and to fully refund all monies.

I'll buy it new via Amazon with a full one-year manufacturer's warranty for only $35 more dollars than the product with warranty here vs. risking what appears could well be a dubious attempt to both get a quality product and also save money via Woot and/or its partners. As anxiety regarding this purchase increases each waiting day, my peace of mind right now is worth $35.



I tried that the last time I purchased the TV and Woot responded that even thought it stated "awaiting shipment" it was too late to cancel. I had to accept shipment and then send it back.

streetpreacher82


quality posts: 0 Private Messages streetpreacher82
aholbert32 wrote:I tried that the last time I purchased the TV and Woot responded that even thought it stated "awaiting shipment" it was too late to cancel. I had to accept shipment and then send it back.



Please tell me they at least paid for the shipping...

aholbert32


quality posts: 0 Private Messages aholbert32
streetpreacher82 wrote:Please tell me they at least paid for the shipping...



They did. The process took forever though. I had to take a day off from work to wait for FedEx to pick up the TV. Woot took the full 10 business days to refund my money. I'll never make a big purchase like that on Woot again.

streetpreacher82


quality posts: 0 Private Messages streetpreacher82
aholbert32 wrote:They did. The process took forever though. I had to take a day off from work to wait for FedEx to pick up the TV. Woot took the full 10 business days to refund my money. I'll never make a big purchase like that on Woot again.



That is okay, but they could do better.

Look, I love woot. Have not purchased a ton, but look at it daily and recommend it to friends. At this point, I am disappointed that no one has bothered to step up and address the issues on here. I know they see them, at least give me something so I can feel more confident about this purchase. I got a great deal, so if it shows up okay I will be singing their praises. Problem is, I am figuring it will probably show up broken.

ZenWarrior


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ZenWarrior
aholbert32 wrote:I tried that the last time I purchased the TV and Woot responded that even thought it stated "awaiting shipment" it was too late to cancel. I had to accept shipment and then send it back.



Yes, I was told the account page does not accurately reflect shipping status and the TV has been shipped. Anticipating first seeing a damaged box, I am hoping to be around when the delivery is attempted, and at that point I'll simply refuse receipt, send it back, and await my refund.

I am a first-time buyer of such an item from Woot and am also a last-time buyer (of everything Woot?) given all I've read/learned since ordering with ill-placed trust in Woot. (I'm smelling a kickback somewhere here.)

streetpreacher82


quality posts: 0 Private Messages streetpreacher82
ZenWarrior wrote:Yes, I was told the account page does not accurately reflect shipping status and the TV has been shipped. Anticipating first seeing a damaged box, I am hoping to be around when the delivery is attempted, and at that point I'll simply refuse receipt, send it back, and await my refund.

I am a first-time buyer of such an item from Woot and am also a last-time buyer (of everything Woot?) given all I've read/learned since ordering with ill-placed trust in Woot. (I'm smelling a kickback somewhere here.)



I wouldn't abandon woot all together. When they sell and distribute a product, things tend to go very smoothly. This issue here is they are selling it on behalf of another reseller who doesn't seem to give a crap whether something breaks or not. I plan to continue to shop with woot, but if my television arrives broken, my voice will be heard loud and clear.

BTW, anyone out there received theirs and it be in good condition? We are only hearing the negative side. Would help my feelings at least.

yosemitemtb


quality posts: 0 Private Messages yosemitemtb
yosemitemtb wrote:I just sent an email to service@woot.com to see if my order can be cancelled. I just saw a very, very similar but a little better TV at my local Costco, Vizeo 32" LED 720p with three hdmi ports instead of two. The price was $250, only $5 more once shipping is added in, for a new TV with a two year warranty instead of a refurb with 120 days. What are my chances my order will actually be cancelled?



My order was cancelled this morning. This is the first time I have ever seen a deal out in the real world that was better than a woot deal.

PemberDucky


quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

ZenWarrior wrote:

I am a first-time buyer of such an item from Woot and am also a last-time buyer (of everything Woot?) given all I've read/learned since ordering with ill-placed trust in Woot. (I'm smelling a kickback somewhere here.)



i hope you'll reconsider. keep in mind that even in the face of these rare unfortunate snafus, we'll always strive to make it right.

besides, we've grown awfully fond of you.


-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

streetpreacher82


quality posts: 0 Private Messages streetpreacher82
PemberDucky wrote:i hope you'll reconsider. keep in mind that even in the face of these rare unfortunate snafus, we'll always strive to make it right.

besides, we've grown awfully fond of you.



Any idea on how shipping is coming along? Just curious as it seems most of us aren't getting any kind of confirmation.

PemberDucky


quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

streetpreacher82 wrote:Any idea on how shipping is coming along? Just curious as it seems most of us aren't getting any kind of confirmation.



well, i don't have my hand in that pie, but since it's only been 22 hrs since BlaculaDave's post (which was on a Sunday), it might be a bit too early.

howevah, i'll poke the smarties. because it can't hurt and poking is fun.


-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

BPL5683


quality posts: 24 Private Messages BPL5683

Staff

streetpreacher82 wrote:Any idea on how shipping is coming along? Just curious as it seems most of us aren't getting any kind of confirmation.



Sorry, but you'll have to allow 5 business days, not including the day you ordered, for your order to be processed and shipped.
Also note, your order is being shipped directly from our vendor. Once your order ships you should receive an automated email notice with the tracking information,
but please realize as this order is coming directly from a our vendor and means that tracking information is not always available. If you have any other problems after that please don't hesitate to contact us at: Service@woot.com
Sorry for the Delay,
Phil

Email customer service: support@woot.com for order problems ~OR~ Use the Support form linked at the top of every page.

streetpreacher82


quality posts: 0 Private Messages streetpreacher82
BPL5683 wrote:Sorry, but you'll have to allow 5 business days, not including the day you ordered, for your order to be processed and shipped.
Also note, your order is being shipped directly from our vendor. Once your order ships you should receive an automated email notice with the tracking information,
but please realize as this order is coming directly from a our vendor and means that tracking information is not always available. If you have any other problems after that please don't hesitate to contact us at: Service@woot.com
Sorry for the Delay,
Phil



Thanks. I am not a fan of those canned answers, but okay. I am bailing on this thread until I receive it... hopefully in once piece. I'll post an update once it arrives. My guess is it may be my last woot purchase as well. What do you do?

PatrickIs2Smart


quality posts: 0 Private Messages PatrickIs2Smart
BPL5683 wrote:Sorry, but you'll have to allow 5 business days, not including the day you ordered, for your order to be processed and shipped.
Also note, your order is being shipped directly from our vendor. Once your order ships you should receive an automated email notice with the tracking information,
but please realize as this order is coming directly from a our vendor and means that tracking information is not always available. If you have any other problems after that please don't hesitate to contact us at: Service@woot.com
Sorry for the Delay,
Phil



So today is day 5+1 for me... let's see what happens! Half-hoping for a smashed box when it arrives at this point so I can reject and buy at Costco like I should have in the first place... ಠ_ಠ

Chebyshev


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Chebyshev

If it eventually ships (still Awaiting Shipping) and arrives smashed up, how do I refuse shipment if they just leave it by my garage?

All this talk of messed up TVs has me nervous now.

PatrickIs2Smart


quality posts: 0 Private Messages PatrickIs2Smart
Chebyshev wrote:If it eventually ships (still Awaiting Shipping) and arrives smashed up, how do I refuse shipment if they just leave it by my garage?

All this talk of messed up TVs has me nervous now.



Maybe you can call FedEx and tell them it arrived in an unacceptable condition, and that the driver just left it.

benjamin91275


quality posts: 0 Private Messages benjamin91275
streetpreacher82 wrote:

BTW, anyone out there received theirs and it be in good condition? We are only hearing the negative side. Would help my feelings at least.



Also wondering if anyone received tracking info before it showed up.

streetpreacher82


quality posts: 0 Private Messages streetpreacher82
benjamin91275 wrote:Also wondering if anyone received tracking info before it showed up.



Those that have received theirs have noted they had no tracking info. Honestly, makes me think the other reseller that woot used on these tvs is shady.

PatrickIs2Smart


quality posts: 0 Private Messages PatrickIs2Smart
streetpreacher82 wrote:Those that have received theirs have noted they had no tracking info. Honestly, makes me think the other reseller that woot used on these tvs is shady.



Probably refurbishing them as they get the orders in...

micaela310


quality posts: 2 Private Messages micaela310

I am also at 5+1 business days starting the day after my order was placed with no shipping information received. Does that mean I can assume that my TV has been shipped? Is there a way for us to contact the company directly for a tracking number? If I need to inspect the box when it arrives I would like to know when I need to be home!

joedaouddotcom


quality posts: 0 Private Messages joedaouddotcom

Hello fellow wooters,

I purchased the VIZIO E322MV 32” 1080p Edge Lit Razor LED and the following happened:

I received the TV 2 days earlier than expected. Ordered on 7/23 (Monday) and received 7/28 (Saturday) when FedEx tracking said it would arrive by 7/30.

Took it out of the box (which was not damaged) to find a big dent on the back casing of the TV. I went along with it and thought I would try to plug it in and see if it was working.

Plugged the TV into my cable box via HDMI and gawked at the picture for a little bit because it was incredible. Moved it over to my spare room and hooked up my cable via coax connection. The picture quality was great and I was very happy with the TV (keyword: "was").

I turn the TV on yesterday (only 2 days after receiving it) and the screen will not stop flickering. It seems as if the unit is dead now. There is nothing I can do to fix this it seems, resetting the device, unplugging it, trying different connections (AV, HDMI, etc) does not make a difference. The flicker is on the display itself and does not rely on the source it is connected to.

I am very disappointed to read all of the negative reviews on shipping. I have been a member of woot for a very long time and have spent quite a bit of money on this site. First and LAST time I am buying a TV from here though.

It sucks too because I have had a 37" Vizio TV (forget the model) for over 5 years now and have not had a single issue with it (knock on wood). Didn't buy it from woot though, thats for sure.

Haven't delt with woot's customer service yet, thought I would let the members know about my experience first. I will keep everyone updated on the specifics I receive from customer service on shipping this POS back.

Thanks for listening.

-Joe

jddc

streetpreacher82


quality posts: 0 Private Messages streetpreacher82
joedaouddotcom wrote:Hello fellow wooters,

I purchased the VIZIO E322MV 32” 1080p Edge Lit Razor LED and the following happened:

I received the TV 2 days earlier than expected. Ordered on 7/23 (Monday) and received 7/28 (Saturday) when FedEx tracking said it would arrive by 7/30.

Took it out of the box (which was not damaged) to find a big dent on the back casing of the TV. I went along with it and thought I would try to plug it in and see if it was working.

Plugged the TV into my cable box via HDMI and gawked at the picture for a little bit because it was incredible. Moved it over to my spare room and hooked up my cable via coax connection. The picture quality was great and I was very happy with the TV (keyword: "was").

I turn the TV on yesterday (only 2 days after receiving it) and the screen will not stop flickering. It seems as if the unit is dead now. There is nothing I can do to fix this it seems, resetting the device, unplugging it, trying different connections (AV, HDMI, etc) does not make a difference. The flicker is on the display itself and does not rely on the source it is connected to.

I am very disappointed to read all of the negative reviews on shipping. I have been a member of woot for a very long time and have spent quite a bit of money on this site. First and LAST time I am buying a TV from here though.

It sucks too because I have had a 37" Vizio TV (forget the model) for over 5 years now and have not had a single issue with it (knock on wood). Didn't buy it from woot though, thats for sure.

Haven't delt with woot's customer service yet, thought I would let the members know about my experience first. I will keep everyone updated on the specifics I receive from customer service on shipping this POS back.

Thanks for listening.

-Joe



Joe, Thanks for filling us in. I am thinking mine will probably arrive today or tomorrow, so I will also provide a review. Please let us know how your CS experience goes.

benjamin91275


quality posts: 0 Private Messages benjamin91275

For what it's worth, mine is finally showing up on fedex tracking by reference#. Account still says awaiting shipment.

https://www.fedex.com/AltRefTracking?cntry_code=us

Anticipated ship date
Jul 30, 2012
Estimated delivery
Jul 31, 2012


PatrickIs2Smart


quality posts: 0 Private Messages PatrickIs2Smart
benjamin91275 wrote:For what it's worth, mine is finally showing up on fedex tracking by reference#. Account still says awaiting shipment.

https://www.fedex.com/AltRefTracking?cntry_code=us

Anticipated ship date
Jul 30, 2012
Estimated delivery
Jul 31, 2012



Same here. Except August 3 is my estimated delivery date. Looks like the Woot! staff may have finally leaned on the vendor hard enough...