soontekoh34


quality posts: 2 Private Messages soontekoh34

So.... Are these plug -n- play or do I need to manually download a driver? If a driver is needed, anyone know where to find it? All I find are one-off sites asking for me to download their download manager.

ryanaknight


quality posts: 2 Private Messages ryanaknight

Edited: found the cable :P

nathliea


quality posts: 0 Private Messages nathliea

My headset doesn't work I plugged it into the USB port, it ran like it does whenever a new usb is plugged in, but they don't work. They neither receive nor send sound and I've ensured they were plugged in well on both ends, and made sure it was turned on/volume up. I'm le sad.

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 156 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

nathliea wrote:My headset doesn't work I plugged it into the USB port, it ran like it does whenever a new usb is plugged in, but they don't work. They neither receive nor send sound and I've ensured they were plugged in well on both ends, and made sure it was turned on/volume up. I'm le sad.



We recommend you contact Motorola Support to try and find a resolve.

If you encounter any further issues or Motorola is unhelpful, please feel free to contact us at service@woot.com and we'll be glad to help you find a solution.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

Lane1963


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lane1963

Just unpacked mine.

Plugged into my MacBook Pro and it worked for 3 seconds, long enough to test and say cool. Then....

"This USB device draws to much power, the port has been shut down to prevent damage." So you can't use these on normal USB, you have to have a power hub.

Sucks!

Talking to woot now about a return as I purchased 3 for the office and I now have to buy USB hubs -- no thanks.

destinedtogame


quality posts: 0 Private Messages destinedtogame
Lane1963 wrote:Just unpacked mine.

Plugged into my MacBook Pro and it worked for 3 seconds, long enough to test and say cool. Then....

"This USB device draws to much power, the port has been shut down to prevent damage." So you can't use these on normal USB, you have to have a power hub.

Sucks!

Talking to woot now about a return as I purchased 3 for the office and I now have to buy USB hubs -- no thanks.



I got the same thing when I plugged this in as well. It draws to much power... I can't believe this. It was supposed to be a good way to do some online gaming. Not have a headache and be confused why it doesn't work.

kotyaer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kotyaer
destinedtogame wrote:I got the same thing when I plugged this in as well. It draws to much power... I can't believe this. It was supposed to be a good way to do some online gaming. Not have a headache and be confused why it doesn't work.



Having huge static issues on my PC, as well. This is really a shame...

ilovetobuy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ilovetobuy

Got it...doesn't work...contacting WOOT to return it.

PemberDucky


quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

ilovetobuy wrote:Got it...doesn't work...contacting WOOT to return it.



i assume you've already done so, but shoot an email to service@woot.com & they'll help you with the return process.

flag down a staff member here in the forums if you need any help!


-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

zphere


quality posts: 0 Private Messages zphere

Ditto, ordered 2, 1 doesn't register when plugging in, the other's speaker doesn't work. never buying from woot again, this is the 3rd product in a row that is defective. I get that it's a deal site, but i don't appreciate having my time and money wasted.

Also the BS of "talk to the manufacturer" and if they don't help you then pay us shipping to return the broken thing WE sent you, doesn't jive well with me, the shipping was more than the product...

dasyduk73


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dasyduk73

bought 3 of these for the gamers in my house. 2 dead on arrival...what i thought was a great deal, turned into a joke on me...glad I only wasted 15bucks.

inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
dasyduk73 wrote:bought 3 of these for the gamers in my house. 2 dead on arrival...what i thought was a great deal, turned into a joke on me...glad I only wasted 15bucks.



Please contact service@woot.com with your order number!

I'm just hanging out, really.

dasyduk73


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dasyduk73

Not even worth my time...

inkycatz wrote:Please contact service@woot.com with your order number!



inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
dasyduk73 wrote:Not even worth my time...



Well, we're sorry you feel that way, as our CS peeps attempt to do right by folks as much as humanly possible. We've let them know about your issue just in case you change your mind, however.

I'm just hanging out, really.

mdcclxxvi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdcclxxvi

ORDERED 3. none worked. ever. lamz

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 156 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

mdcclxxvi wrote:ORDERED 3. none worked. ever. lamz



EGHHHH I'm sorry to hear that your purchases aren't working for you.

Please feel free to email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and let them know.
They'll be able to help answer any questions you might have.