rpstrong

quality posts: 5 Private Messages rpstrong
hockeymike25 wrote:I have 12 foot ceilings in some rooms and 10 foot in others. I'm about 5'7".

Will I be able to change a lightbulb in neither, either or both of my ceiling levels with the help of this ladder?

The highest standing level is 4'9". Add your height and reach to that, and it sounds like you can reach the 10' bulbs, but maybe not the 12'.

rpstrong

davelarkin wrote:Own one, and so far like it.

Cons: A bit heavy
Made in China, unlike the older US-made ladders Little Giant built their reputation on.

my .02c

Ya got a cite on that? Their web site (http://www.littlegiantladder.com/little-giant/type-1.html) states that it is made in the U.S.A.

rpstrong

bopitaddict wrote:can any owners tell me what size this is when in its "storage" transformation and will it fit nicely in a closet?

The storage dimensions are 4'7" x 1'9" x 8". (I cheated, I looked at the specs tab.)

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 175 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

rpstrong wrote:The storage dimensions are 4'7" x 1'9" x 8". (I cheated, I looked at the specs tab.)

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
jro2020 wrote:clearly you've never had to get an air compressor or a pack of shingles up on the roof. Maybe you just use your ladder for changing lightbulbs?

Or you are a midget so you don't weight very much?

I'm not saying I'm as in shape now as I ever was but even when I was in shape I still weighed over 200 cause I'm not a weakling midget, ya jerk.

So anyone who weighs under 200 pounds when they're in shape is a "weakling midget"? Gracious! According to the CDC, the average weight for American men over the age of 20 was 195 pounds in 2011, and 165 pounds for American women. Personally, I weigh 100 pounds if I convince the doctor to leave me leave my shoes on; although I'm pretty strong for my size (I can bench 130 pounds, for example), I'm definitely not going to be hauling 150 pounds of tools or shingles up a 15' ladder. Even an "average" weight woman is unlikely to regularly be hauling 85 pounds - in a single go - up a 15' ladder. For that matter, I'm guessing that the "average" American male isn't frequently hauling 55 pounds on a single go.

If you're on the upper 50% of the weight curve, this ladder probably isn't the right choice for your household - but those of us who are between 1-49.9% of the weight curve aren't "midget weaklings."

And jerkitude isn't limited to a particular segment of the growth curve.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

thknbosslyk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thknbosslyk

I ordered this yesterday & for some reason Woot has the wrong shipping address stored and I just hit "BUY THIS NOW" without looking until it was too late. How can I get my shipping address updated b4 it is sent out!? Grrr...

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
thknbosslyk wrote:I ordered this yesterday & for some reason Woot has the wrong shipping address stored and I just hit "BUY THIS NOW" without looking until it was too late. How can I get my shipping address updated b4 it is sent out!? Grrr...

support@woot.com, and hopefully it hasn't been shipped yet.

I feel your anguish, this happened to me recently too.

I'm just hanging out, really.

thknbosslyk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thknbosslyk
inkycatz wrote:support@woot.com, and hopefully it hasn't been shipped yet.

I feel your anguish, this happened to me recently too.

Thanks! Already messaged!

switters777

quality posts: 0 Private Messages switters777

received with broken knobs, please respond with information on how to return

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 175 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

switters777 wrote:received with broken knobs, please respond with information on how to return

Please email us at service@woot.com and we'll be glad to assist you with your order.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

kaubles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kaubles

still haven't got it yet ... what can we do?
Tracking shows 'in transit' and hasn't updated for a week

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
kaubles wrote:still haven't got it yet ... what can we do?
Tracking shows 'in transit' and hasn't updated for a week

Please email us at service@woot.com and we'll be glad to assist you with your order.

I'm just hanging out, really.