ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Moueska wrote:DID YOU KNOW:

Time Turner pony is apparently in the works for being re-named "Doctor Hooves" due to fan amusement and outcry (like Ditzy/Derpy Hooves' popularity giving her a regular spot).

Just asked my son (the expert) and he did know that.

Did I mention that he's 22. Sigh.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys
lordskitch wrote:It never made sense to me to have the Bunch of Changelings#39;s really.. I mean, it's always fun to try and get one.. but the fact that there's usually a service outage due to excessive overload, and people wildly using bandwidth with no intention of buying anything else for the entire woot-off... It just makes good business sense to discontinue them (not to mention the service outage alone would get me fired where I work.)

They should just make it a lottery system for Bring Out Cadences. If you buy something during a woot off!, you are automatically entered into the drawing.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Still no Leak Frogs. //sniff//

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

cguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cguy

Let's be honest... Things change when companies sell out. Perks get cut. C'est la vie!

unknownwarrior33 wrote:Wow, there's been a whole lot of Rainbow Dashing these last couple days. I know some of it is just trolls, but beyond that...look, I was hoping for a Bunch of Changelings too, but that's not what this is about. Heck, when I first started on Woot that was just something they'd occasionally do as a gag, not what people specifically looked for.

No, the real issue for these people is that Woot was bought out by Amazon, and whenever a big company gets involved with something, people start hating it. Not because of any actual decline in the service, but because it's a big company.

lordskitch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lordskitch
theguruguys wrote:They should just make it a lottery system for Bring Out Cadences. If you buy something during a woot off!, you are automatically entered into the drawing.

Now there's an idea.

unknownwarrior33

quality posts: 1 Private Messages unknownwarrior33
unlikely wrote:Or, in this case, because the prices aren't shockingly good any more, the goofy fun stuff that was goofy and fun (like ye olde random crap) is vanishing, the "one thing" theme is now "at least seven things but more like 15" and it's pretty much not the same site it was in any measurable way.

Again, not the end of the world - not even a reason to rage quit and delete your account or whatever. Just not as fun as it used to be.

I don't know, I think the prices are still quite good. As far as I've seen, just about everything sold in this woot-off is much cheaper than on Amazon. As for the Bunch of Changelings again, I was looking forward to it as well, but I don't think it was ever intended to be the main event. The only newish change that bothers me really is the lack of the daily podcast. But at least they released that best-of way back when.

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2
theoneill555 wrote:No, they don't glow in the dark and yes I still have a pair (one green and one gray) to send to you. They are sitting in a box on my bench. I will do my best to make it to the Post Office tomorrow.

THANK YOU!

that was fun while it lasted!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

I'm just gonna leave y'all to your complainin' for a while. See ya at midnight.

Had a fun evening.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2
theguruguys wrote:They should just make it a lottery system for Bring Out Cadences. If you buy something during a woot off!, you are automatically entered into the drawing.

I like this idea!

that was fun while it lasted!

sgtgreeneusmc

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sgtgreeneusmc
ThunderThighs wrote:Just asked my son (the expert) and he did know that.

Your 22 year old son knows the ongoing plot lines to My Little Pony? Guess everyone needs a hobby.

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys
ThunderThighs wrote:I'm just gonna leave y'all to your complainin' for a while. See ya at midnight.

Had a fun evening.

LOL. Late night desert time!

cappo

quality posts: 33 Private Messages cappo
ThunderThighs wrote:I'm just gonna leave y'all to your complainin' for a while. See ya at midnight.

Had a fun evening.

Midnight? But it's 12:30am!

In my timezone. hehe

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

Tsk.

LET HIS GEEK FLAG FLY. :D

/notabrony

/supportdameme

Hoser768

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Hoser768

Bronies actually exist?!?!?!

Listen to me now, or hear me say "I told you so" later.

theoneill555

quality posts: 56 Private Messages theoneill555

Just and FYI- I was lucky enough to snag a couple of these monkeys at CES and to me, they seem softer and more stuffed than previous monkeys. The chest cavities actually seem to have cushioning around the voice box.

One of my new green ones is sitting on my bench at work and it just makes me happy

That's O'neill with two L's *holds up three fingers*

unknownwarrior33

Moueska wrote:Tsk.

LET HIS GEEK FLAG FLY. :D

/notabrony

/supportdameme

Agreed! I'm 24 and I named my fishes after Pokemon.

auctionsaver

quality posts: 19 Private Messages auctionsaver

I was on the fence at 3.99. I will go in I guess. What is $18? I missed most of the woot off. I am not non-trad student. classes started on 1/22 so it has been tough.

Sure is cold in the northeast though:

Moueska

sgtgreeneusmc wrote:Your 22 year old son knows the ongoing plot lines to My Little Pony? Guess everyone needs a hobby.

The intarwebz adopted MLP due to their immediate attraction to most overtly and ridiculously cute things. Then Hub shared the love back and...

Yeah, it's acceptable. :D Don't hate. 'Preciate!

sgtgreeneusmc

Had a fun evening.

See you at midnight; I'll be expecting your avatar to be wearing something slinky...

BTW, do these monkeys ever actually sell out at the end or do they just up the next order to cover the difference?

Moueska

unknownwarrior33 wrote:Agreed! I'm 24 and I named my fishes after Pokemon.

DO U LIEK MUDKIPZ?!

omnitravis

quality posts: 5 Private Messages omnitravis

Really good for skeet.

unknownwarrior33

Moueska wrote:DO U LIEK MUDKIPZ?!

I do! But they're bettas; a blue one named Kyogre and a red one named Groudon.

lordskitch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lordskitch
Hoser768 wrote:Bronies actually exist?!?!?!

From what I understand, my niece who's 14ish went to some sort of huge brony gathering, the large majority was guys 25 and up. I believe she left rather quickly.

Moueska

sgtgreeneusmc wrote:See you at midnight; I'll be expecting your avatar to be wearing something slinky...

BTW, do these monkeys ever actually sell out at the end or do they just up the next order to cover the difference?

Most of the time, they sell out and the final item signals the end of the woot-off.

sgtgreeneusmc

Moueska wrote:The intarwebz adopted MLP due to their immediate attraction to most overtly and ridiculously cute things. Then Hub shared the love back and...

Well, I'm just lost. No hating, pure confusion.

garylehr

quality posts: 4 Private Messages garylehr

What kind of world is this where Woot still doesn't offer those cute little keychain mini-monkeys that I need so desperately?

Moueska

lordskitch wrote:From what I understand, my niece who's 14ish went to some sort of huge brony gathering, the large majority was guys 25 and up. I believe she left rather quickly.

I'll BET she did. Poor kid. 0_o;

cappo

Moueska wrote:The intarwebz adopted MLP due to their immediate attraction to most overtly and ridiculously cute things. Then Hub shared the love back and...

Plus 80s retro is money in the bank.

unknownwarrior33

http://www.bagsofcrap.net/international.html

Just saying, people. I know it's not entirely the same, but might be worth checking out.

I hope my URL doesn't get filtered...

jeffdoh

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jeffdoh
lstaff wrote:MLP means what? Soo confused.

My Little Pony.

Jeffrey Lax

adame12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adame12

In 2008 I bought a Screaming Monkey (blue cape) for 6.99. I think he flew off, possibly resting in an out of reach, impossibly high rain gutter. Maybe this Silver Flyer will rescue him.

msujp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages msujp
ThunderThighs wrote:I'll just link this here for those that want to read it.

Probably a better source of info.

Why'd the founder quit after the amazon take over? I'll believe the Bunch of Changelings is back when I see it

cappo

msujp wrote:Why'd the founder quit after the amazon take over? I'll believe the Bunch of Changelings is back when I see it

Wasn't that two years after?

k4th3r1n3

quality posts: 17 Private Messages k4th3r1n3

The same people who created Power Puff Girls created MLP, so you would think it'd be entertaining. I wanted to see what the brony thing was all about and I loved the original MLP as a kid so I watched like 7 episodes. It's cute, but it's not funny. Maybe it gets better in later seasons?

k4th3r1n3

quality posts: 17 Private Messages k4th3r1n3

Also, I wish that the whiners would realize that complaining after every woot-off doesn't do anything. Besides the servers crashing, your incessant complaining about not getting a Bunch of Changelings when they were here didn't help them stick around.

unknownwarrior33

cappo wrote:Wasn't that two years after?

It was. He said he was more interested in early stages of development than working with a big company. I can see why someone might misunderstand it as him saying he was unhappy with what Amazon was doing with Woot, but honestly I don't think that was what he meant. And again, if it was, why would he wait two years?

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
unknownwarrior33 wrote:It was. He said he was more interested in early stages of development than working with a big company. I can see why someone might misunderstand it as him saying he was unhappy with what Amazon was doing with Woot, but honestly I don't think that was what he meant. And again, if it was, why would he wait two years?

Probably part of the contract.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

sinsemilla

quality posts: 6 Private Messages sinsemilla

No bag and they end it with what is one of the most boring screaming monkeys they have had.

Even the combined shipping is pissing me off at this point. Just the one day, regardless of if they have a wootoff. I bought some jerky in the first hours just hoping to get free shipping on something else that I liked. I finally saw another deal for me on the second day, which was less that 24 hours from my first purchase, but the extra $5 for shipping was a deal breaker at that point.

Woot, I love ya and have spent thousands of dollars on your deals, but I have a feeling that you grew too big and forgot about those customers who got you where you are now.

guidopoptarts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages guidopoptarts

Where the hell is the Bunch of Changelings

sgtgreeneusmc

Wonder if J.J Abrams and Michael Bay are working on a MLP reboot?