burninator50

quality posts: 0 Private Messages burninator50

Figured it out, the link to check order sends you to USPS but my package was sent through FedEx. Was able to track correctly.
Thanks ROGETRAY!

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 169 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

burninator50 wrote:Figured it out, the link to check order sends you to USPS but my package was sent through FedEx. Was able to track correctly.
Thanks ROGETRAY!

kay25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kay25

I received mine today, USPS. Unboxed it and fired it up. Very good, crisp photo quality and the controls are fairly intuitive.

marcmarc2000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marcmarc2000

People need to be aware that the kit lens that comes with this camera does NOT have the ois option as stated in the add. This is deceptive I think

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 96 Private Messages radi0j0hn
amosdudley wrote:Not a DSLR. This camera is mirrorless.

The term DSLR is slowly becoming meaningless.

The original "single lens reflex" used a mirror system and prism so you could see through the lens, as opposed to a separate optical viewfinder with parallax concerns.

Today virtually ALL digitals see "through the lens" via the sensor and screen!

So, now, DSLR means more about the speed of the camera, the bursts, etc. and the focusing speed, high ISOs. etc.

(And, of course, some kind of eyepiece missing on these compact cameras.)

Just my thoughts on changing technology and terminology.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

ChewbaccaLVC

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ChewbaccaLVC

For those that received their cameras already, please tell me I'm missing something silly. There was no SD card with mine! I searched everywhere in the box for it.

Granted it is only an 8GB card and I was planning on purchasing a larger one, I'd still like to have the 8GB one.

And yes, I did submit a support case.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

ChewbaccaLVC wrote:For those that received their cameras already, please tell me I'm missing something silly. There was no SD card with mine! I searched everywhere in the box for it.

Granted it is only an 8GB card and I was planning on purchasing a larger one, I'd still like to have the 8GB one.

thanks for submitting.
yes, if anybody else had the same issue, let us know.

occasionally, we ship items separately, but i can't say that's the case here. either way, you were right to contact Support@Woot.com about the missing card.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

kevin0118

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kevin0118

Got the camera and I'm loving it so far. Has anyone had luck updating the firmware? Samsung's site has 01.12 (camera arrived with 01.11) but the process to update the thing throws out an error. I can look elsewhere, but I figured I'd start here in case anyone else had the same problem.

booleiu

quality posts: 2 Private Messages booleiu
ChewbaccaLVC wrote:For those that received their cameras already, please tell me I'm missing something silly. There was no SD card with mine! I searched everywhere in the box for it.

Well I received my package today, but it was missing the camera. I have the SD card but I'd still like the camera. And an email was sent to support.

wd6cmu

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wd6cmu
kevin0118 wrote:Has anyone had luck updating the firmware? Samsung's site has 01.12 (camera arrived with 01.11) but the process to update the thing throws out an error.

I updated mine. Copied the two files to a freshly formatted SD card, put it in the camera, and went to the menu item to update.

wd6cmu

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wd6cmu

I think I'm in love. I swapped out the kit lens for the 30mm f/2.0, noticeably better color and much sharper. Between the larger aperture and the APS-C sensor, you really have to watch the depth of field. And at 20MP, camera shake is hard to eliminate. Beginners might find it frustrating, but if you do everything right the pictures are fantastic!

imscience

quality posts: 0 Private Messages imscience
revoke wrote:Which version of the 50-200mm do you have, version I (without the i-Function) or version II (with i-Function)? I've never noticed the fuzzy edges in my copy of 50-200mm, which is version II (with the useful i-Fn button). Your post made go back and check my bird photos from last year to look for fuzzy edges. Tack sharp across the frame... and that scares me even more. Does that mean QC issues with Samy lenses? Or maybe a firmware issue here? (my v2 is running the latest lens FW). Oh well, maybe I shouldn't worry since mine appears to be a good copy.

I kiss you :-* muaa! My lens was the second newer version. I upgraded my firmware, and that fixed my problem! Love my 50-200 now! Many thanks!