cdma2k

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cdma2k
ducluc wrote:I live in Indianapolis. The laptop was shipped from Louisville Ky ( 90 minutes away)at 3am Tue 9/17 and I received at 2pm.

Can't show you any pictures at this time but trust me it is in pristine condition and I'm lovin' it!!!!!!! Hope you do too.

+1
shipped from Horsham, PA to NYC by UPS
the aluminum cover/face and back-lit keyboard look great

toddcleaver

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toddcleaver

Mine arrived yesterday USPS. Perfect condition with 38 hours and 45 starts on the HD.

Best computer deal that I have ever scored!

rwrjr1961

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rwrjr1961

Received mine on 9/18. Laptop in perfect condition, except for Win8 being pre-installed that is.

Took me a while to figure out how to turn off SecureBoot so I could install Ubunutu 13.04. Win8 is no more.

64-bit Ubuntu runs very well on this machine. Pretty decent laptop and a very good price considering it comes w/8GB of RAM.

christopherlisting

quality posts: 0 Private Messages christopherlisting
cdma2k wrote:+1
shipped from Horsham, PA to NYC by UPS
the aluminum cover/face and back-lit keyboard look great

Hello. Im also in NYC. Didnt get mine yet and I have no USPS tracking info.

Sounds like everyones laptop is in good condition?

Do you guys think this will be the best deal on an i7 laptop for a while?

christopherlisting

toddcleaver wrote:Mine arrived yesterday USPS. Perfect condition with 38 hours and 45 starts on the HD.

Hey friend. Glad youre happy about it. Do you think there will be as good or better deal soon or will this be the best deal for a while?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 585 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

christopherlisting wrote:Hello. Im also in NYC. Didnt get mine yet and I have no USPS tracking info.

Sounds like everyones laptop is in good condition?

Do you guys think this will be the best deal on an i7 laptop for a while?

Looking at the FedEx tracking, it appears it will be dropped off to your post office today.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

christopherlisting

ThunderThighs wrote:Looking at the FedEx tracking, it appears it will be dropped off to your post office today.

Oh, thanks

very nice of you, what quick support, woot is great.

hearing all of the positive feedback of the computers condition, i feel a lot better

sysace

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sysace
rwrjr1961 wrote:Took me a while to figure out how to turn off SecureBoot so I could install Ubunutu 13.04. Win8 is no more.

64-bit Ubuntu runs very well on this machine.

Would you please share what you did to save the rest of us some time? Thank you!

christopherlisting

sysace wrote:Would you please share what you did to save the rest of us some time? Thank you!

http://www.maketecheasier.com/disable-secure-boot-in-windows-8/2013/02/25

there you go

Just got mine, and its in perfect/brand new condition.

Thanks woot

christopherlisting

you know ive looked around for comparisons between the I7 3rd and 4th generation, and all I seem to find is that it consumes less power and runs cooler. aside from that, there wasn't a huge gigantic in performance and power. someone said they pretty much reached the maximum amount they could squeeze out of this processor.

can anyone else tell me what the difference is between the ivy 3rd gen i7 and the 4th gen?

will this laptop still be excellent next year or will it be obsolete soon?

thanks woot

stnwll

quality posts: 3 Private Messages stnwll

Mine arrived today. The 1st thing you should do after going through the setup BS is to grab 3 blank DVD'S.

Once you are on the start screen move mouse pointer to upper right corner of the screen and click search (magnifying glass). Apps page will show. Now select desktop (over on the left side of the screen). Then run (double click) desktop assist. Run Recovery Media Creator (double click). Select yes a couple times for the Windows security Bull-I like turtles!. Insert 1st blank DVD and follow instructions. It takes about 45 minutes. When done you will have a fall back if your hard drive dies and you need to replace it.

rbalducci

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rbalducci

Does anyone familiar with this unit, know what the max size SSD would be available for this? Like I was going to swap the 750 gb HD with a 256 gb SSD, and move the 750 over to the extra slot and use it for just storage. Also, is there anyway to add an discrete video card to this unit?

christopherlisting

Hey guys, for all of those who wanted to throw in a high speed SSD, i got the deal for you!

best price ive seen on a 120gb hd in a while

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820168062

$80!

i called toshiba to see if it fits already, so youre good to go, i just got one

you could throw it into the extra slot and use the 750gb for storage

ducluc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ducluc
toddcleaver wrote:Mine arrived yesterday USPS. Perfect condition with 38 hours and 45 starts on the HD.

How do you find out how many hours and starts there are on the HD? I'd like to check mine.

toddcleaver

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toddcleaver
ducluc wrote:How do you find out how many hours and starts there are on the HD? I'd like to check mine.

Just Google Crystal Disk Info and download it. Does not require an install and will tell you everything you would ever want to know about your drive.

xrock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xrock

Received my today.
For some reason the box is from Toshiba. There is no Woot! box. No double box. I was nervous when the factory sticker on the box was broken. Just what happen is beyond me. I opened the box and the laptop is loose inside. The look of it was new. No ding or scratch, no dead pixel. Sound was good for a laptop. It booted into Window just fine. Install classic shell to see the original style that can not live without. Checked the Hard-drive, 34 cycle, 25 hours. So despite the broken sticker, it look good. I have not test everything yet. Maybe run prime95 to stress test it.

Jorde

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jorde

FYI: POST for those who are running in circles like me.

I received my Toshiba 17.3" P875 last week.

First, if you are struggling with staying connected on your wireless internet. There exists some known issues with WIN 8 and the wireless network adapter inside this laptop. Supposedly this will be addressed in the WIN 8.1 update. After looking at all the drivers/updates on Toshiba's website, everything is up to date with the most recent versions available for this Laptop.

DDR RAM!! Don't flip-out like I did ( I have not opened a new laptop in a few years ) The Ram slots accessed from the back are Empty. The 8 GB ram installed on this model are under the keyboard. Yes, you have to pop out the entire keyboard to upgrade these two slots to 16 GB (8 GB ea) plus the other two on the back (8GB ea) to get the full 32GB installed.

Although I have not done it, I think going to the 64 bit Unbuntu is probably a good idea, since WIN 8 without a touch screen is a pian int the Arse!

juest

quality posts: 0 Private Messages juest

Toshiba Satellite P875-S7102B Laptop

The computer can not open the machine, and the computer has no memory !You what the hell is this sell!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 585 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

juest wrote:Toshiba Satellite P875-S7102B Laptop

The computer can not open the machine, and the computer has no memory !You what the hell is this sell!

Sorry for the problems with the computer. This computer was refurbished and is warrantied by Toshiba. You have a 90-day warranty with them. Contact info might have been included with your computer.

Note that the no memory error is sometimes caused by loose or bad memory.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders