szapinski

quality posts: 1 Private Messages szapinski
onkyousa wrote:Hello szapinski;

Contrary to public and inaccurate folklore; our new TX-NR 626 receiver has received rave reviews and is also currently HOMETHEATERREVIEW.com 2013 BEST OF...

We at Onkyo USA Product Support are readily available to assist you and provide accurate information and support for our esteemed Onkyo products. Please feel free to contact us via email: askOnkyo@us.onkyo.com or our 24 hour Product Support department at (800) 229-1687. We have employed the integration of improved designed HDMI and other internal components and will always stand behind our products- as we proudly thank all for choosing Onkyo.

Is there an extended warranty we can purchase through Onkyo or do you recommend the extended service plan with Square Trade?
Is it true that since this is refurbished this product does not qualify for the Square Trade service plan?
Is there an extended warranty that can be purchased for this product?

mcauliffetj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mcauliffetj

I cant speak for this particular model but i purchased an onkyo tx-sr705 a while back and it has been nothing but issues. I had to get the hdmi board replaced twice under warranty and since the warranty has expired it has died once more.

It still works fine as a pure audio receiver but it has zero video output now. My experience with them was so poor i will never purchase onkyo again.

onkyousa

quality posts: 29 Private Messages onkyousa
szapinski wrote:Is there an extended warranty we can purchase through Onkyo or do you recommend the extended service plan with Square Trade?
Is it true that since this is refurbished this product does not qualify for the Square Trade service plan?

Hello Again szapinski;

Please contact our Product Orders Dept at the number listed below during normal business hours Monday-Friday 9am-5pm EST. They can be contacted at 201-785-2600, option # 5 for the Orders Dept; or you can purchase them online at our website www.shoponkyo.com for the extended warranty BEFORE your current manufacturer's warranty expires. They will gladly advise you on availability to purchase an extended warranty thru Onkyo.

Please contact our Parts & Services Dept at the number listed below during normal business hours Monday-Friday 9am-5pm EST ; or via email at parts@us.onkyo.com. They can be contacted at 201-785-2600, option # 4 for Parts & Services as they can further assist you regarding warranty and service issues. You will need to speak with the Parts & Services/ Warranty department for any further clarifications needed to assist you with this purchase as well.

onkyousa

mcauliffetj wrote:I cant speak for this particular model but i purchased an onkyo tx-sr705 a while back and it has been nothing but issues. I had to get the hdmi board replaced twice under warranty and since the warranty has expired it has died once more.

It still works fine as a pure audio receiver but it has zero video output now. My experience with them was so poor i will never purchase onkyo again.

Hello mcauliffetj; this is Onkyo USA and its Product Support department. Upon reading your feedback on your new receiver- it is unfortunate that you experienced this reported issue with your TX-SR 705. We would like to further obtain some information from you to see what options we can offer to resolving your issue.

Please contact our Parts & Services Dept at the number listed below during normal business hours Monday-Friday 9am-5pm EST ; or via email at parts@us.onkyo.com. They can be contacted at 201-785-2600, option # 4 for Parts & Services as they can further assist you regarding warranty and service issues. You will need to speak with the Parts & Services/ Warranty department for any servicing options or resolutions available for your issue. You can also email the following representative for expedite support and servicing (jose.torres@us.onkyo.com) regarding this issue. Please provide this sales invoice and serial number of your receiver for prompt processing. If you have a credit card statement for this purchase; this would also suffice as well.

We would love to resolve your issue and provide you with any satisfactory results that can be offered, so please contact the representative promptly. Thank you again for your post and we wish you Happy Holidays from Onkyo USA!

mcauliffetj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mcauliffetj
onkyousa wrote:Hello mcauliffetj; this is Onkyo USA and its Product Support department. Upon reading your feedback on your new receiver- it is unfortunate that you experienced this reported issue with your TX-SR 705. We would like to further obtain some information from you to see what options we can offer to resolving your issue.

Please contact our Parts & Services Dept at the number listed below during normal business hours Monday-Friday 9am-5pm EST ; or via email at parts@us.onkyo.com. They can be contacted at 201-785-2600, option # 4 for Parts & Services as they can further assist you regarding warranty and service issues. You will need to speak with the Parts & Services/ Warranty department for any servicing options or resolutions available for your issue. You can also email the following representative for expedite support and servicing (jose.torres@us.onkyo.com) regarding this issue. Please provide this sales invoice and serial number of your receiver for prompt processing. If you have a credit card statement for this purchase; this would also suffice as well.

We would love to resolve your issue and provide you with any satisfactory results that can be offered, so please contact the representative promptly. Thank you again for your post and we wish you Happy Holidays from Onkyo USA!

I did this the last time you posted these kinds of statements thinking it might mean there was some kind of willingness to address these hdmi issues with older models. When i called support and explained my issue they said there was nothing to be done since it was out of warranty.

onkyousa

mcauliffetj wrote:I did this the last time you posted these kinds of statements thinking it might mean there was some kind of willingness to address these hdmi issues with older models. When i called support and explained my issue they said there was nothing to be done since it was out of warranty.

Hello again mcauliffetj;

Please send the following information to this email address (askOnkyo@us.onkyo.com):

- CONTACT INFORMATION (Mailing Address/ Email):
- SERIAL NUMBER of RECEVIER:
- SHORT DESCRIPTION OF ISSUE:

We can review this information to further determine any options available to service your TX-SR 705 or any offers available.

best49erfan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages best49erfan

I do not remember the model of the the receiver that came with the HTS-7300 set, but the HDMI board died on it. I was referred to a place in NY to ship it to. It took them 2 weeks, but almost everyday they were calling me with status updates. Very professional. Since then, my shelf that had my onkyo on it fell and busted it really bad. It wont even power on. So Monday I was going to drive 2.5 hours to go look at a used unit until a friend told me about this deal. My only question about this one is does it have Manufacturer's warranty? This will be my 4th onkyo. They are a good product.

onkyousa

best49erfan wrote:I do not remember the model of the the receiver that came with the HTS-7300 set, but the HDMI board died on it. I was referred to a place in NY to ship it to. It took them 2 weeks, but almost everyday they were calling me with status updates. Very professional. Since then, my shelf that had my onkyo on it fell and busted it really bad. It wont even power on. So Monday I was going to drive 2.5 hours to go look at a used unit until a friend told me about this deal. My only question about this one is does it have Manufacturer's warranty? This will be my 4th onkyo. They are a good product.

Hello best49erfan; this is Onkyo USA and its Product Support department responding to your posting. Upon reading this post, (1) We sincerely thank you for your awesome patronage with our AV products and loyalty to our brand. (2) We are sorry to read about this unforeseen issue with your HT-R680 receiver but would like to answer your inquiry. As Woot is an authorized Onkyo dealer, your purchase today for the TX-NR 626 will provide a 1 year manufacturer's warranty for factory reconditioned units.

You can also contact our Parts & Services/ Warranty Dept at the number listed below during normal business hours Monday-Friday 9am-5pm EST. They can be contacted at 201-785-2600, option # 4 for the P & S/ Warranty Dept. You can also inquire and purchase an Onkyo USA Extended Warranty online at our website www.shoponkyo.com for the extended warranty BEFORE your current manufacturer's warranty expires.

If you have any more questions or concerns, Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (800-229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT 24 hours a day). We would assist and answer any questions or concerns you may have with your Onkyo product, as we are also available via email onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com.

best49erfan

onkyousa wrote:Hello best49erfan; this is Onkyo USA and its Product Support department responding to your posting. Upon reading this post, (1) We sincerely thank you for your awesome patronage with our AV products and loyalty to our brand. (2) We are sorry to read about this unforeseen issue with your HT-R680 receiver but would like to answer your inquiry. As Woot is an authorized Onkyo dealer, your purchase today for the TX-NR 626 will provide a 1 year manufacturer's warranty for factory reconditioned units.

You can also contact our Parts & Services/ Warranty Dept at the number listed below during normal business hours Monday-Friday 9am-5pm EST. They can be contacted at 201-785-2600, option # 4 for the P & S/ Warranty Dept. You can also inquire and purchase an Onkyo USA Extended Warranty online at our website www.shoponkyo.com for the extended warranty BEFORE your current manufacturer's warranty expires.

If you have any more questions or concerns, Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (800-229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT 24 hours a day). We would assist and answer any questions or concerns you may have with your Onkyo product, as we are also available via email onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com.

Yes. It was a 680! RIP my little 680...

transfigure

quality posts: 3 Private Messages transfigure

Does anyone know if this sends all video signals through the composite video out? We only have an old CRT TV, and I would want HDMI signals that come in to the receiver to be output to our old TV without having to buy a separate digital-to-analog converter.

craigthom

quality posts: 62 Private Messages craigthom
joepirate wrote:I have one of these models. It died last week exactly 2 years after I purchased it.

These just came out earlier this year. You could not have purchased one of these models two years ago. Unless you have a time machine, and maybe it was the time travel that damaged it.

onkyousa

transfigure wrote:Does anyone know if this sends all video signals through the composite video out? We only have an old CRT TV, and I would want HDMI signals that come in to the receiver to be output to our old TV without having to buy a separate digital-to-analog converter.

Hello transfigure;

When using the COMPONENT VIDEO OUT terminal of this receiver; your input sources must always utilize a COMPONENT VIDEO input connection. While you can utilize a COMPONENT VIDEO input into the receiver and also use the HDMI OUT connection to HDMI-equipped TVs/ Projectors; this is NOT optional using HDMI inputted connections and going out of the receiver via COMPONENT VIDEO (RGB).

mpear347

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mpear347

After reading this discussion and seeing Onkyo USA responding to everyones questions and concerns, I pulled the trigger and orderd the 626 to replace my 10yr old Onkyo, which has never had a problem by the way. Thanks Onkyo USA for helping to make my decision to finally purchase my new Onkyo receiver.

damiro18

quality posts: 0 Private Messages damiro18
greatwhite35 wrote:I jumped right towards the end the link wasn't there!!
well played woot, Well played!!

damiro18

quality posts: 0 Private Messages damiro18

I buy dat Oinkeio stereo - oh heahhhh

onkyousa

mpear347 wrote:After reading this discussion and seeing Onkyo USA responding to everyones questions and concerns, I pulled the trigger and orderd the 626 to replace my 10yr old Onkyo, which has never had a problem by the way. Thanks Onkyo USA for helping to make my decision to finally purchase my new Onkyo receiver.

Hello mpear347; it is Onkyo USA that thanks you for your choice in our excellent TX-NR 626 receiver. As always; we also provide 24 hour Product Support for your new NR 626 via our support line (800) 229-1687 and support forum (forums.onkyousa.com). We await to read another great customer happy with their excellent new Onkyo receiver and able to enjoy its performance for years and years to come.

onkyousa

damiro18 wrote:I buy dat Oinkeio stereo - oh heahhhh

Thank you Damiro18 for your post and your new choice in our products. We also want to inform you that we also have a 24 hour Product Support department available via phone (800) 229-1687, email (onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com) and support forum (forums@onkyousa.com) to further assist you with any questions or concerns you may have on your new Onkyo unit. Thank you again for having the savvy and confidence in our outstanding HITB units and for choosing Onkyo.

onkyousa

ChrisW6ATV wrote:These receivers do not have HD Radio built in, and you can no longer get the add-on UP-HT1 HD Radio tuner. This is 2013... No sale.

Hello ChrisW6ATV; while this unit doesn't utilize the UP-HT1 accessory; HD radio functionality IS provided on our flagship units. You can check it out for yourself at www.onkyousa.com/products.

Also If you have any more questions or concerns, Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (800-229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT 24 hours a day). We would assist and answer any questions or concerns you may have with your Onkyo product, as we are also available via email onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com.

onkyousa

mcauliffetj wrote:I did this the last time you posted these kinds of statements thinking it might mean there was some kind of willingness to address these hdmi issues with older models. When i called support and explained my issue they said there was nothing to be done since it was out of warranty.

Hello again; I was able to review and respond to your private message. Please review this PM and respond back only to askOnkyo@us.onkyo.com email for further correspondence.

srvy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages srvy
mcauliffetj wrote:I cant speak for this particular model but i purchased an onkyo tx-sr705 a while back and it has been nothing but issues. I had to get the hdmi board replaced twice under warranty and since the warranty has expired it has died once more.

I had this exact model myself as soon as it was off warranty the issues began. Couldn't to pull up settings menu thru tv. Then started geting resolution not supported message check tv settings. But the settings were no differant than work before. Then one by one no Video through any HDMI port. Later began reading this was a problem with all there HDMI and the caps. Even read about a fix but by then I was to pissed at Onkyo after getting the nothing we can do its out of warranty. Onkyo used to be good equiptment but they sold out for a fast buck.Burn me once but never again.

onkyousa

srvy wrote:I had this exact model myself as soon as it was off warranty the issues began. Couldn't to pull up settings menu thru tv. Then started geting resolution not supported message check tv settings. But the settings were no differant than work before. Then one by one no Video through any HDMI port. Later began reading this was a problem with all there HDMI and the caps. Even read about a fix but by then I was to pissed at Onkyo after getting the nothing we can do its out of warranty. Onkyo used to be good equiptment but they sold out for a fast buck.Burn me once but never again.

Hello srvy; this is Onkyo USA and its Product Support department. Upon reading your feedback regarding your receiver- it is unfortunate that you experienced these reported issues. We would like to further assist you and obtain more information on the issue you have stated and seek to possibly provide some options.

Contrary to popular folklore; this issue may not be relevant to the common misconception of our internal components and would like to further asset you; so will happily report back with satisfactory comments on the performance and support of Onkyo USA. If you can provide your previous correspondence, support ticket number, or contact information and would like to inquire on any available options to your issue; please send an email message with the serial number of your receiver and short detailed statement to this email address: askOnkyo@us.onkyo.com. We will review and route your message to the appropriate department for further assistance and correspondence.

We thank you for bringing this to our attention and would like to help provide you with an alternative to further enhance our relationship with legacy customers such as yourself. On behalf of Onkyo USA, Happy Holidays and we await your correspondence.

ClarkJeff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ClarkJeff

Just wanted to chime in about Onkyo receiver issues. I've had them, too. HOWEVER, even though my receiver was YEARS out of warranty (purchased in March, 2009), they just fixed the HDMI issue at no charge this August with a simple email. It appears that they've recognized their quality has decreased and are trying to do whatever they can to regain their name in the market. I would not hesitate to buy another Onkyo, even reconditioned. I really appreciate what they're doing instead of ignoring the issues/customers. Thanks.

onkyousa

ClarkJeff wrote:Just wanted to chime in about Onkyo receiver issues. I've had them, too. HOWEVER, even though my receiver was YEARS out of warranty (purchased in March, 2009), they just fixed the HDMI issue at no charge this August with a simple email. It appears that they've recognized their quality has decreased and are trying to do whatever they can to regain their name in the market. I would not hesitate to buy another Onkyo, even reconditioned. I really appreciate what they're doing instead of ignoring the issues/customers. Thanks.

Hello again ClarkJeff; this is Onkyo USA and its Product Support department and we do remember assist you and are very happy you acknowledged our previous support and thank you again for your choice in Onkyo and our AV products. We thank and truly appreciate customers like yourself who believe in our brand and desire to produce the BEST sound for your listening enjoyment.

willie92

quality posts: 0 Private Messages willie92

Just as a real data point, I've had a TX-NR515 for over a year now and haven't had a problem. Seriously considering pulling the trigger on this one to get some of the updated features...

onkyousa

willie92 wrote:Just as a real data point, I've had a TX-NR515 for over a year now and haven't had a problem. Seriously considering pulling the trigger on this one to get some of the updated features...

Hello willie92; this is Onkyo USA and its Product Support department and we would like to thank you for your great commentary on our products and your enduring support as well. We thank you and appreciate customers like yourself for choosing Onkyo.

Dartman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Dartman

I had a Onkyo 777 for over 10 years with no issues, and sold it and new owner is still using it with no issues. I now have a 898 that is older and it works and sounds great as well. These aren't the newer versions with HDMI and all that but the power supplies and amps in their older higher end units were top notch and sound great too. Mine don't run super cool but I wouldn't consider them to run massively hot either. I had a Sony receiver that really sounded nice before these guys and it did run super hot, and had one issue that was repaired for reasonably cheap out of warranty quite a few years later.
I like their gear but haven't had anything that's comparable to the ones up now but with my experiences if I had the money I'd take a chance on either unit.

onkyousa

Dartman wrote:I had a Onkyo 777 for over 10 years with no issues, and sold it and new owner is still using it with no issues. I now have a 898 that is older and it works and sounds great as well. These aren't the newer versions with HDMI and all that but the power supplies and amps in their older higher end units were top notch and sound great too. Mine don't run super cool but I wouldn't consider them to run massively hot either. I had a Sony receiver that really sounded nice before these guys and it did run super hot, and had one issue that was repaired for reasonably cheap out of warranty quite a few years later.
I like their gear but haven't had anything that's comparable to the ones up now but with my experiences if I had the money I'd take a chance on either unit.

Hello Dartman, this is Onkyo USA and its Product Support department and we would like to thank you for your great commentary on our products and your enduring support as well. We thank you and appreciate customers like yourself for choosing Onkyo. Happy Holidays from Onkyo USA!

cristypuppy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cristypuppy
onkyousa wrote:Hello Craigthom;

This is Onkyo USA and its Product Support department; as we would like to thank you for your posting. We also want to inform you that we also have a 24 hour Product Support department available via phone (800) 229-1687, email (onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com) and support forum (forums@onkyousa.com) to further assist you with any questions or concerns you may have on your new Onkyo unit. Thank you again for choosing Onkyo.

cristypuppy

szapinski wrote:Is there an extended warranty we can purchase through Onkyo or do you recommend the extended service plan with Square Trade?

cristypuppy

I'm really happy that someone from Onkyo responded! Each time I've had an issue with a receiver they have sent a up-level replacement; this has happened twice in 5 years. I'm happy with their products and I plan to continue to purchase them. This TX-NR626 will go in my bedroom and complements my TX-NR809 in the living room. Onkyo!

best49erfan

Ordered Saturday.....Arrived today!!!! Just finished setting it up.
Xbox 360
Xbox One
Directv Genie receiver
Samsung 3D tv
Samsung 3D Blu Ray
Onkyo TX-NR626
Logitech Harmony 700 Remote

Oh how I have missed surround sound and hearing the subwoofer! Its also Cool how I can name the inputs. Now time for Some Call of Duty Ghost!

d8thstat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages d8thstat

Have been chasing an RMA from woot since 12/31 and have heard zero back from their "customer support" on my defective unit. Now I have to wirk with my credit card company to refute the charge.

First and last time wooter

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 155 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Volunteer Moderator

d8thstat wrote:Have been chasing an RMA from woot since 12/31 and have heard zero back from their "customer support" on my defective unit. Now I have to wirk with my credit card company to refute the charge.

First and last time wooter

I'm very sorry to hear that you haven't heard back from your original email inquiry.

I've gone ahead and forwarded your post along to a Woot Service Member Representative.

They should reply to you very soon.

Thank you for your ongoing patience during this matter.

audichopper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages audichopper

Has anyone had issues with the audio taking 5 seconds to upwards of 10 minutes to come in? Worked fine at first and gradually got worse. Every time I change an input or even change device the audio is EXTREMELY slow to startup. Even pausing tv and then playing it again, it also happens. I did a reset on the receiver and seemed to fix the problem but it is gradually coming back again. Very disappointed at this point. When I called Onkyo support they suggested I mail the receiver in (at my expense!) or drop off at an authorized service center (closest one is about an hour and half drive. Not sure what to do at this point.

audichopper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages audichopper

Just to update, my Onkyo literally popped, orange flame and sparks. Started by shutting itself off. When i pressed the power, it would try and come on for 10 seconds then shut off. While on the phone with Onkyo support, i unplugged for 2 minutes and powered back on and the dang thing made a loud bang and sparks and flame came out both the bottom and top. The tech on the phone heard it and suggested i send it in, AT MY EXPENSE!!! What a joke!! working on the phone with someone else now.