KrazyD

quality posts: 4 Private Messages KrazyD
kershek wrote:I'm in the same boat - I tried canceling with a support ticket but they aren't responding. In fact, their auto-response says they're swamped due to the "holiday season" which ended 6 weeks ago!

I have a feeling I just lost $285 and Woot is not helping me cancel my order.

You can only cancel an order within the 1st 15 minutes of placing it. Otherwise you can't cancel it. I think a lot people are freaking out due to negative feedback some have said about Onkyo. However, this receiver has more positive feedback than negative feedback out there in every site you can find. I place an order for one before it sells out. This was an excellent deal.

I Got 2 many Woots to list = /

t0cableguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages t0cableguy

anyone else getting this in the feb 10 2014 email instead of the correct date woot? this isn't the first time this has happened....

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 156 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

t0cableguy wrote:anyone else getting this in the feb 10 2014 email instead of the correct date woot? this isn't the first time this has happened....

This Onkyo was offered earlier this morning and then a different version was put in it's place later this afternoon.

szapinski

quality posts: 1 Private Messages szapinski

What's a brotha gotta do around here to get a quality post...

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 156 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

szapinski wrote:What's a brotha gotta do around here to get a quality post...

.....start here?

wizkidcom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wizkidcom

I had a Onkyo. It went into the shop before thanksgiving. It's still in the shop. It would play for a few minutes and die. Onkyo says it works fine. My new Denon works fine. It doesn't puke 15 minutes after I plug it in and start using it. It puts audio out on the zone 2 HDMI, it rocks the logbook out of my house. the Onkyo Rocked the logbook out of my wallet so it could retire in the shop... Throw your money away you suckers!

PS: This blog puts ridiculous edits in for my wondrous wordage. It's almost as bad as the music/woot videos. Blech

onkyousa

quality posts: 29 Private Messages onkyousa
wizkidcom wrote:I had a Onkyo. It went into the shop before thanksgiving. It's still in the shop. It would play for a few minutes and die. Onkyo says it works fine. My new Denon works fine. It doesn't puke 15 minutes after I plug it in and start using it. It puts audio out on the zone 2 HDMI, it rocks the logbook out of my house. the Onkyo Rocked the logbook out of my wallet so it could retire in the shop... Throw your money away you suckers!

PS: This blog puts ridiculous edits in for my wondrous wordage. It's almost as bad as the music/woot videos. Blech

Hello wizkidcom, this is Onkyo USA and its Product Support department and we would definitely love to further research your reported issue of your receiver being in service for over 2+ months without any resolution. I would like to better identify you and also verify the service center as well. Please send an email with the following information to askOnkyo@us.onkyo.com.

- full serial number found on the rear of the receiver.
- full name and mailing address
- name and location of the service center

If everything is presented by morning- I promise you an answer before late morning Tuesday Feb 11th. We may also have a more favorable option if worst case scenario is valid. Thank you again for your post and we now have the best opportunity to resolve this promptly.

KrazyD

quality posts: 4 Private Messages KrazyD

Woot?? Please answer this? My order has been saying "shipping now" since this morning... Define now?

I Got 2 many Woots to list = /

boxerx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages boxerx

At this point I only have 2 front speakers (NHT Classic 2s). Will give these steps a shot. Thanks!

onkyousa wrote:Hello boxerx; this is Onkyo USA and its Product Support department and I would like to assist you. Have you already completed the Audyssey FULL calibration onto your receiver? If you have already ran the QUICK SETUP- please run the FULL 2EQ calibration to bring out better nuances of the receiver FIRST.

Also, after running Audyssey- what is the current speaker level settings under 2.4 LEVEL CALIBRATION? Go into the HOME SETUP menu by pressing the HOME button and scroll down to 2. SPEAKER SETUP. Press ENTER and then scroll down to LEVEL CAL and press ENTER again. If the current readings are registering a negative value (i.e. - 2); you can increase this speaker channel to a positive value by pressing the > arrow button to +2 (as this is based on customer preference and the acoustical value of the listening environment).

Rule of thumb: the CENTER speaker channel should be slight higher than the FRONT channels. Cycle thru all connected speaker channels and increase the volume output based your listening preference and press the HOME button when ready to fully exit out of the menu.

You also have the option of increasing the output volume of a specific input source (i.e. CBL/SAT) via the INTELLIVOLUME feature. Go into the HOME SETUP menu and scroll down to 4. SOURCE SETUP and press ENTER. When you finished running Audyssey- select 4-2: INTELLIVOLUME and press ENTER. Press the > arrow button to increase the volume output of this particular input up to +12db above normal levels. This is also customer preferred feature.

If you have any more questions or concerns, Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (800-229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT 24 hours a day). We would assist and answer any questions or concerns you may have with your Onkyo product, as we are also available via email onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com.

digdoug1975

quality posts: 0 Private Messages digdoug1975

I received this 3 days ago. It no longer works after 2 days of use (only stays on for a few seconds and shuts off). I have emails out to woot and Onkyo. Not sure if shipping back to woot + 15% restocking fee would be cheaper than sending to a repair shop (Onkyo warranty states at my expense)? I don't think either option is fair, seeing as I've used it for a total of 8 hours.

oob218

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oob218

so you cancelled my order without explanation a week after buying it. after i bought wires speakers and a new tv stand. thanks a lot woot!

manhandsha

quality posts: 34 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

oob218 wrote:so you cancelled my order without explanation a week after buying it. after i bought wires speakers and a new tv stand. thanks a lot woot!

Have you sent an email to support@woot.com to see if they can shed some light on what happened?

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

aldosdad

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aldosdad
manhandsha wrote:Have you sent an email to support@woot.com to see if they can shed some light on what happened?

Now it's for sale again.
3/13 I hate when I never find out how a story ended.!