cousineaud


quality posts: 34 Private Messages cousineaud
djpigwoot3 wrote:Is this the type of mattress that one person can move around and it won't transfer that movement and affect the other person in bed? I am a light sleeper and when my wife moves around, it wakes me up. This happens several times a night. Would this mattress help?



Yes, you would notice a big difference in motion transfer compared to a regular inner-spring mattress.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 543 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

kparus wrote:What is the return policy if I order one and I don't like it?


Woot's return policy is linked in my signature. We do not accept returns for buyers remorse or not liking it. Especially with these since you'd NEVER get it back in the box.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

rbrtplly


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rbrtplly
erish911 wrote:Been wanting to upgrade mattress to a king size memory foam. Wondering if anyone out there who's taken advantage of this deal has any advice or thoughts on it?



I got Queen for my 21 year old son last November, he loves it. Getting me and my wife one now.

zwoodsman


quality posts: 1 Private Messages zwoodsman

Hmmm, I'm on the fence... I like pretty firm matresses and am thinking this might be too soft for me since it's described as medium-firm. If any owners care to comment I'd appreciate it.

ajent0ranje


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ajent0ranje
blipper67 wrote:...if folks want to kick it up a notch, a 2-3" latex topper is a nice touch for the ultimate in comfort..... meaning your mattress provides the firm support required.



Any recommendations for specific toppers, blipper?

entraine


quality posts: 2 Private Messages entraine

How is this for being able to move around on? Can you easily push to turn yourself over? I know that's an issue on a lot of memory foam mattresses.

mdsllc


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdsllc

Bought a queen to replace my 5 year old "hot" tempurpedic. Does anyone have any ideas what to do with the old mattress? I already have a doorstop. Is it sellable? Goodwill? Will Woot send a service to pick it up?

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 543 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

mdsllc wrote:Bought a queen to replace my 5 year old "hot" tempurpedic. Does anyone have any ideas what to do with the old mattress? I already have a doorstop. Is it sellable? Goodwill? Will Woot send a service to pick it up?


We do not pick up old mattresses.

Craig's List or check around for companies that refurbish old mattresses.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

escalante


quality posts: 8 Private Messages escalante
blipper67 wrote:If you're looking for durability (and comfort) latex has been known to last 50 years. I fear that the materials in this mattress will not last, as is the case with this industry today who are using cheap materials wrapped in a fancy cover.


My latex mattress is about 30 years old now and in PERFECT condition. I expect it will easily last 50 years. (But the covers do not last that long, just the mattress).

Incredibly comfortable mattresses.

gartland291


quality posts: 1 Private Messages gartland291

Been waiting for this! Just pulled the trigger. Can't wait for a squishy night's rest!

LAST 5 WOOTS---- (51 to date)
Dyson DC25 All Floors Ball Vacuum
4” Glow Sticks 24 Pack (Assorted Colors)
Skil Toolset
ViewSonic gTablet 10.1" Multi-touch Tablet - 2
Aluminum Flashlight with 3-Watt Cree LED - 2 Pack

cousineaud


quality posts: 34 Private Messages cousineaud
entraine wrote:How is this for being able to move around on? Can you easily push to turn yourself over? I know that's an issue on a lot of memory foam mattresses.



I own this mattress and I do not have that issue. Typically, the tough movement tends to happen with memory foams that are old and have broken down.

mymomentum


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mymomentum
ROGETRAY wrote:We often can't give out the manufacturer's name because their other retail channels get mad at them over the prices. Our buyers work to get you the best price possible.

Sorry, but no name.



Can anyone at least mention the regular retail price on these if I buy it non woot? I see these things priced from $400 - $1,200 for a king.

My wife wants to hold out for a top-o-the line mattress and save for it. She has back problems and I am wondering if this will make her happier and be great for about 3 - 4 years.

Any reason we'd sleep better on a $4,000 mattress verses this one? (Other than not having stress over spending $4,000 on a mattress)

cousineaud


quality posts: 34 Private Messages cousineaud
mymomentum wrote:Can anyone at least mention the regular retail price on these if I buy it non woot? I see these things priced from $400 - $1,200 for a king.

My wife wants to hold out for a top-o-the line mattress and save for it. She has back problems and I am wondering if this will make her happier and be great for about 3 - 4 years.

Any reason we'd sleep better on a $4,000 mattress verses this one? (Other than not having stress over spending $4,000 on a mattress)



I can tell you that across our channels of distribution, this is the lowest retail that we have seen.

Personally, I would not spend that much on a mattress... this mattress has the same Gel Memory Foam that you would see in those pricey mattresses and at a fraction of the price.

I hope this helps!

sdkar


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sdkar
Elminster wrote:What brand of Mattress is this?

There are many different Luxury Gel Memory Foam mattresses and I would like to look into this specific one before I purchase it.



Did you find out what brand? Does woot take returns? I have a 10 year old tempurpedic that feels less than comfy as it used to. But then again, I am 10 years older now too, and don't know if it is me or the mattress that is getting "old"

littledoomy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages littledoomy
mdsllc wrote:Bought a queen to replace my 5 year old "hot" tempurpedic. Does anyone have any ideas what to do with the old mattress? I already have a doorstop. Is it sellable? Goodwill? Will Woot send a service to pick it up?



Goodwill or Craigslist are good options.

What I did with my old memory foam mattress was to cut it into appropriate size blocks and replaced the sagging cushions on one of my couches. I have also used older memory foam mattress toppers to make dog beds out of.

scooterMX


quality posts: 0 Private Messages scooterMX

Does anyone know who makes the headboard and platform bed that this mattress is sitting on?

sez


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sez

Does anybody know if the mattress contains Latex? Considering this for my daughter, but she has a latex allergy.

Thanks!

Slingbl4de


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Slingbl4de
DarkZrobe wrote:Well I bought one... I hope this doesnt come back to haunt me but reading the previous sales sounds like woot does really good by these should they arrive damaged.

Now I need to know how long I can store this. I wont be moving for about 2-3 weeks and would prefer to keep this thing rolled up. Do you think that would be a problem?

Edit: Checked previous sale and someone asked the question and the vendor said they would look in to it... No response. So anyone?



No problem at all, it's probably already been rolled up for 6 months. A few more weeks won't hurt anything!



[MOD: Per rep, "All of the mattresses are manufactured in the USA, they have actually only been compressed about 1-2 weeks."]

agentterror


quality posts: 0 Private Messages agentterror

I'm on the heavier side, and am wondering how much I might sink into this while sitting up? I often sit up in bed and use a small laptop desk with legs (not the kind that sits on your lap), and worry that sitting up in bed might deform the mattress too much for my desk to be stable or even usable.

I'm also one who liked to roll over alot... would it be sunken in enough to make rolling over like rolling out of a ditch?

cousineaud


quality posts: 34 Private Messages cousineaud
Slingbl4de wrote:No problem at all, it's probably already been rolled up for 6 months. A few more weeks won't hurt anything!



All of the mattresses are manufactured in the USA, they have actually only been compressed about 1-2 weeks.

cousineaud


quality posts: 34 Private Messages cousineaud
agentterror wrote:I'm on the heavier side, and am wondering how much I might sink into this while sitting up? I often sit up in bed and use a small laptop desk with legs (not the kind that sits on your lap), and worry that sitting up in bed might deform the mattress too much for my desk to be stable or even usable.

I'm also one who liked to roll over alot... would it be sunken in enough to make rolling over like rolling out of a ditch?



I would expect that you would still be able to use your laptop desk in bed. The foam would compress, but that is the reason for the high density base foam... to provide the base support.

However, it is tough to say the degree to which you would compress the foam as everybody is so different.

You may want to "test drive" a foam mattress at a mattress store to see how you like it.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

zwoodsman


quality posts: 1 Private Messages zwoodsman
agentterror wrote:I'm on the heavier side, and am wondering how much I might sink into this while sitting up? I often sit up in bed and use a small laptop desk with legs (not the kind that sits on your lap), and worry that sitting up in bed might deform the mattress too much for my desk to be stable or even usable.

I'm also one who liked to roll over alot... would it be sunken in enough to make rolling over like rolling out of a ditch?



Me too... on the heavier side and wondering if this is firm enough. Good question about whether a large guy can sit on it w/o sinking into it... Anybody who has one care to comment (please/thanks)?

blipper67


quality posts: 6 Private Messages blipper67
escalante wrote:My latex mattress is about 30 years old now and in PERFECT condition. I expect it will easily last 50 years. (But the covers do not last that long, just the mattress).

Incredibly comfortable mattresses.



Check this out, the one I built (a knock off of the very expensive "Beautiful" Latex Bliss mattresses) begins with a 3" firm talalay slab, 3" medium, 3" plush zipped up in a cotton encasement and extra plush topper over the mattress and under a fitted mattress cover and fitted sheet.

blipper67


quality posts: 6 Private Messages blipper67
ajent0ranje wrote:Any recommendations for specific toppers, blipper?



KTT Enterprises aka Latex International is the cheapest and highest quality. Depends on what you want but as a comfort layer in the encasement I have a 3" 19 ILD and then a 2" 14 ILD topper over it all. Side and back sleepers, me 210 lbs., beer belly.

cinden


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cinden

How much does the king size mattress weigh?

cousineaud


quality posts: 34 Private Messages cousineaud
cinden wrote:How much does the king size mattress weigh?



The King Mattress would weigh 98 lbs.

stavka911


quality posts: 0 Private Messages stavka911

My girlfriend and I need a new mattress (despite her being 5 feet tall we can't fit on a twin for any longer)but I'm kinda hesitant to buy a mattress off the internet without trying it. I know the manufacturer offers a 15 year warranty, but is there any satisfaction warranty for the first 30 days or something? Second question, if it does need to be returned for the 15 year warranty how do we go about shipping it back? Will we be reimbursed for, what I imagine will be, the enormous shipping costs? My only other question is: I've never had a memory foam mattress before, but we are thinking of buying this and saving it until an upcoming move. We haven't secured a place though, so we're not sure what the size of our bedroom will be. If we buy a king/queen but find out we can't fit it, would it be possible to cut the mattress down and sew up the side we cut? I know it's probably not recommended but sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Thanks in advance for any replies!

traceytaylor


quality posts: 0 Private Messages traceytaylor

OK, let's talk about sex. Specifically, sex on a foam mattress such as this one. I'm new to foam (but not new to sex), so what are your observations, impressions, and comparisons for, erm, foam sex? Thanks!

rvfiver


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rvfiver

I missed this 12" last time it came here as it sold out!

The last time CousinAud was here as the manufacturer rep the 10" was on sale and I wasn't going to miss out again. Our ten year old queen set was still in great shape. I loved it but my SH (Significant Harassment) hated it as too firm. I have severe back problems, and was afraid to get a no name. But rather than continue to argue I wooted the 10".

It is simply amazing! We both love it! I am a 62 y/o grump who is resistant to change in beds. She wants too soft! That this mattress in a ten inch was so great, I can't even imagine it in a 12" with three inches of memory gel stuff on top versus our two inches on top.

Imagine your most optimistic hopes for a new bed. Now imagine your serenity several months later when it continues to be fantastic. My morning back pain is gone. Despite real lumbar degenerative disease in four vertebrae, the morning pain WAS due to a mattress.

When ours arrived we used our spare bedroom trundle bed for the inflation place and unrolled it there. We left it there for three days then put it on the old but apparently solid box spring. The new foam mattress was not satisfactory until we got a new box spring. The old one had it in a wave. We got a new cheap $99.99 box spring with a solid top support over internal slats six inches apart. Unbelievable difference!

Our disappointment turned to validation.

I strongly urge folks to either build a platform for it, put it on slats no more than two inches apart, or get a new solid top foundation and you'll be amazed at how floating on a cloud can continue past awakening.

Did I mention we very much love this mattress?

rocketdoctor


quality posts: 7 Private Messages rocketdoctor

I'm looking for a mattress to put in my van that I can rollup when not using it. tired of air mattresses leaking. can this rollup?

scooterMX


quality posts: 0 Private Messages scooterMX
traceytaylor wrote:OK, let's talk about sex. Specifically, sex on a foam mattress such as this one. I'm new to foam (but not new to sex), so what are your observations, impressions, and comparisons for, erm, foam sex? Thanks!



ITS HOT, no pun intended. My experience with these is that you settle in to it, so the freedom of movement is a bit limited, and you don't get as much support for your arms and legs (in many positions).

cousineaud


quality posts: 34 Private Messages cousineaud
rocketdoctor wrote:I'm looking for a mattress to put in my van that I can rollup when not using it. tired of air mattresses leaking. can this rollup?



It would be pretty difficult to roll up once it is opened up. I would recommend a thick (3 or 4") memory foam topper.

rhondawp


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rhondawp

I am looking to replace my waterbed mattress, but I love the oak bed it's in. Would this work with a setup where the mattress would be surrounded on all sides?

thomas998


quality posts: 20 Private Messages thomas998
erish911 wrote:Been wanting to upgrade mattress to a king size memory foam. Wondering if anyone out there who's taken advantage of this deal has any advice or thoughts on it?



Since they don't offer the name of the mattress I can't tell you if mine is the same as this one... but I can only say that I haven't slept worth a flip on our memory foam mattress since we got it. If we hadn't hauled off the old mattress when we brought the new one into the house I can assure you we would be on the old worn out mattress instead of the new memory foam one.

I have known some people that love them... but I have also known even more that hate them.

You should also know that their are different memory foam mattresses, some are soft some are hard as hell and some in between. Since you can't tell from the internet which this is I would highly caution you against getting it. In my case our mattress is just too darned soft, is practically swallows up anyone that dares lay on it... if it was one of the firmer variety I might not mind it... but just understand that you could get a mattress way different from what you expect.

TISGOD


quality posts: 1 Private Messages TISGOD

Just chimming in, I purchased this earlier this year from Woot and I L-O-V-E it!!!! Someone asked about IKEA bed w/ Sultan Laxeby - EXACTLY what I'm using and it works perfect. Replaced my Ikea mattress with this and MAN what a difference! I literally stay off the bed unless it's time to crash because otherwise it's off to dreamland.

This is no question the smartest purchase I have made.

Jump on this ASAP!



cousineaud


quality posts: 34 Private Messages cousineaud
rhondawp wrote:I am looking to replace my waterbed mattress, but I love the oak bed it's in. Would this work with a setup where the mattress would be surrounded on all sides?



I would check the size of the bed that would hold the mattress. Sometimes waterbed mattresses are different sizes.

cousineaud


quality posts: 34 Private Messages cousineaud
rvfiver wrote:I missed this 12" last time it came here as it sold out!

The last time CousinAud was here as the manufacturer rep the 10" was on sale and I wasn't going to miss out again. Our ten year old queen set was still in great shape. I loved it but my SH (Significant Harassment) hated it as too firm. I have severe back problems, and was afraid to get a no name. But rather than continue to argue I wooted the 10".

It is simply amazing! We both love it! I am a 62 y/o grump who is resistant to change in beds. She wants too soft! That this mattress in a ten inch was so great, I can't even imagine it in a 12" with three inches of memory gel stuff on top versus our two inches on top.

Imagine your most optimistic hopes for a new bed. Now imagine your serenity several months later when it continues to be fantastic. My morning back pain is gone. Despite real lumbar degenerative disease in four vertebrae, the morning pain WAS due to a mattress.

When ours arrived we used our spare bedroom trundle bed for the inflation place and unrolled it there. We left it there for three days then put it on the old but apparently solid box spring. The new foam mattress was not satisfactory until we got a new box spring. The old one had it in a wave. We got a new cheap $99.99 box spring with a solid top support over internal slats six inches apart. Unbelievable difference!

Our disappointment turned to validation.

I strongly urge folks to either build a platform for it, put it on slats no more than two inches apart, or get a new solid top foundation and you'll be amazed at how floating on a cloud can continue past awakening.

Did I mention we very much love this mattress?



Glad you are happy with your mattress!

TISGOD


quality posts: 1 Private Messages TISGOD

Wondering though, say something goes wrong with this (previously purchased from last time) mattress, who do we contact since we don't get the manufacturer info (I still don't know but research has given me an idea)?



ThunderThighs


quality posts: 543 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

cousineaud wrote:I would check the size of the bed that would hold the mattress. Sometimes waterbed mattresses are different sizes.


Agree with this. A true waterbed (big water balloon) is sized different. We had to buy a CAL KING to fit into our King Waterbed box frame.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

michmck


quality posts: 0 Private Messages michmck

Who is the shipper? Does the mattress contain PDBEs? Also, how much does a queen weigh? Thanks!