Laptop
Wallpaper
Device

easy1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages easy1

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

as big as she is hot
sources: a really big Segway, a really hot mail'man', a really sweet Toshiba Portege Tablet PC, and a really new Garmin GPS

wantabewooter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wantabewooter

Funny timing. (Was wondering if Josephus will notice my height pixels) This one screams Monkey Prize.

Sources

Josephus

machts nichts.

Toadlet

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Toadlet

Watermelon source, Gallagher source

I appear to be melting.

dfredr18

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dfredr18
tgentry wrote:

Gigantic Version

This is absolutely great, but with the poor response to this week's contest, I bet hardly anyone (besides the judges) got a laugh out of it.

queeng

quality posts: 0 Private Messages queeng

I know I am waaaaaay late to enter. decided to show what I was workin on though.

Shot at 2007-08-20

faithcoaching

quality posts: 1 Private Messages faithcoaching
tgentry wrote:Asbestos, 11%

Ummm ... tasty.

Go gators! Go Hokies!

YouCantWootThis

quality posts: 17 Private Messages YouCantWootThis
SkekTek wrote:Ya know, sometimes the simplest device is the funniest... this is awesome! I can see this being the universal tech support device for Dell Dimensions...

The three "R"s of school are Reading, wRiting, and aRithmetic
The three "R"s of conservation are Reduce, Re-use, Recycle.

The three "R"s of Computer Science are illustrated in this winning (IMHO) chop:
Re-boot, Re-Install, get a Refund...

This is an excellent chop, and so practical for those of us that use a PC...

plinth

quality posts: 3 Private Messages plinth

There were some pretty good entries this week. I spent the weekend rearranging a couple rooms in the house, but since my entries have been ignored for the past several weeks, it's just the same anyway. My streak continues!

mwiseman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwiseman

As predicted, the t-shirt derby appears to be sucking the life right out of this contest.
And the monkeys too. ;P

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

faithcoaching wrote:Ummm ... tasty.

Nutritional asbestos helps keep our kids insulated against cold weather and keeps school heating costs down.

Toadlet

mwiseman wrote:As predicted, the t-shirt derby appears to be sucking the life right out of this contest.
And the monkeys too. ;P

Yep, I'll admit it certainly sucked the life right out of my contest entry. I do enjoy changing the way I create pictures, and breaking out of the little box my chopping seems to keep me in, but it's still very time consuming for me. I think I'll be skipping both contests next weekend, since I'll be helping family move to another state. The withdrawal symptoms are gonna suck...

I appear to be melting.

intaglio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages intaglio
tgentry wrote:Nutritional asbestos helps keep our kids insulated against cold weather and keeps school heating costs down.

If Lunch Lady 5000 says it's "acceptable for service," it's acceptable for me!

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24

Here are some picks from me, in order of forum appearance. I hope this contest picks up speed again after the Derby Dust settles down a bit. There were more here that I liked but a lot of the entries didn't really seem to fit the theme. But the judges don't mind that so much! Good luck to one and all.

mbermariex's USB Hammer
briannyc128's USB Stock Trader -- Am I morbid too for laughing at this?
heather8's USB Gadget for Pediatrician -- Only a matter of time. My pediatrician carries a tablet PC.
GodfatherND's USB Better
carmicha's USB Tattoo -- I know it's close to mine but I still like this one.
Link9064's USB Gadget for Gynecologists -- I actually thought of this idea too but didn't want to approach it. Thanks for using the Windows start screen here, very tasteful!
intaglio's USPiano -- Looks so real!
tgentry's USB Tater Tester
Monkey:
Josephus' Monkey Poop Dispenser -- Very funny, love the monkey note, but I think it stretches the theme a little bit?

Also don't forget to enter the Dodgeball contest! It's a different type of theme this week, come on over and see.

And since you're not doing anything, please consider voting for my shirt! Thanks and I think that's enough from me.

tgentry

Staff

Anyone know when the last paypal payout was?

Josephus

tgentry wrote:Anyone know when the last paypal payout was?

Last one I got was May 21st. I'm not owed anything since then.

briannyc128

quality posts: 0 Private Messages briannyc128
shan24 wrote:Am I morbid too for laughing at this?

Heh, thanks for the nod Shan. It certainly was created with humor in mind over morbidity. I get a bit skittish when it comes to posting stuff that I think may offend someone, and thought at least for this one it would be good to put a bit of a disclaimer beforehand.

Anyway, Shan's reaction was what I was going for, so hopefully I haven't offended or bothered anyone with the joke.

tgentry

Staff

Josephus wrote:Last one I got was May 21st. I'm not owed anything since then.

Thanks.

Oh and Briannyc. My uncle was a stock broker that shot himself. I demand you take down your post...

Well ok, that's not true. But I did see a movie once where a stock broker killed himself, and your posting brought up those feelings all over again.

Josephus

shan24 wrote:
...reasonable picks...
Monkey:
Josephus' Monkey Poop Dispenser -- Very funny, love the monkey note, but I think it stretches the theme a little bit?

Hey, Shan, monkeys have jobs too, you know. They may get paid in 'banas', but they get paid nonetheless. anyway, you should know I tend to play on the edges.

briannyc128

Josephus wrote:Last one I got was May 21st. I'm not owed anything since then.

May 21 was my last one as well. I've had a few money places since then, but my next one was literally the next day so I suppose this info probably doesn't help at all.

mwiseman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwiseman
shan24 wrote:There were more here that I liked but a lot of the entries didn't really seem to fit the theme...

Dunno, Shan...looks like you pretty much included all of this week's entries.
Errr...'cept fer mine. ;P

wizard7926

quality posts: 4 Private Messages wizard7926
mwiseman wrote:Dunno, Shan...looks like you pretty much included all of this week's entries.

Heh, yes.. was quite a scant bunch this weekend. I was superbusy all weekend (like always.. we're in the process of moving downstate) so it's all I can do to catch up come Monday.

Have ya'll checked out the WWWoundup I've been putting up? Click me!

[MOD: No advertising please]

Josephus

briannyc128 wrote:May 21 was my last one as well. I've had a few money places since then, but my next one was literally the next day so I suppose this info probably doesn't help at all.

Actually, that tells it all. If You and I both got paid that day. Since you won money the next day, and later, and haven't been paid since, then that has to have been the last payout- unless they just didn't pay you. :^)

briannyc128

Josephus wrote:Actually, that tells it all. If You and I both got paid that day. Since you won money the next day, and later, and haven't been paid since, then that has to have been the last payout- unless they just didn't pay you. :^)

Yeah good point. not quite sure what I was thinking when I posted that last thing. Monday strikes again!

tgentry

Staff

briannyc128 wrote:Yeah good point. not quite sure what I was thinking when I posted that last thing. Monday strikes again!

It seems like they pay out on a quarterly basis if my math is correct (which it usually isn't). My guess is they'll probably be paying out soon, since May 21 was about 3 months ago. 12/3 = 4 and there are 4 quarters in a year. Usually anyways, unless it's a Chinese leap year, in which case there are 7 lucky quarters in a year.

Toadlet

tgentry wrote:unless it's a Chinese leap year, in which case there are 7 lucky quarters in a year

Maybe 8 instead. The whole regional "lucky numbers" idea is a mildly interesting read.

EDIT: Lucky 200th post!

I appear to be melting.

Josephus

tgentry wrote:... there are 7 lucky quarters in a year.

Those Chinese quarters have square holes cut out of them, don't they?

tgentry

Staff

Toadlet wrote:Maybe 8 instead. The whole regional "lucky numbers" idea is a mildly interesting read.

But which lucky numbers does Woot work of I wonder? Are they waiting for the next Chinese Leap Year, or the Fall Equinox? I imagine they are just waiting to hear back from their numerologist before deciding.

Toadlet

Just commas and zeros

$ ,000,000

I appear to be melting.

briannyc128

Gentry, with the streak you were on, if you haven't been paid since late may you must be out a couple grand at the moment huh?

tgentry

Staff

briannyc128 wrote:Gentry, with the streak you were on, if you haven't been paid since late may you must be out a couple grand at the moment huh?

I just did a tally since May 21 and it's modest, I assure you.

wantabewooter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wantabewooter
mwiseman wrote:Dunno, Shan...looks like you pretty much included all of this week's entries.

Nope! Passed on mine too. But it really didn't deserve a look anyway. Mine was pretty lame this week.

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24

Ok some more people need to make some picks! (please?)
I always enjoyed seeing everyone's picks. No one cares anymore. What happened to FC's little thumbnail picks? And Briannyc's picks on pedestals? And all the other, more lazy picks like mine?

briannyc128

The pedestals were fun, but around the time McGuffy closed down the leaderboard, I took a cue from some fellow choppers and started just posting a list of ones I liked, very similar to yours Shan.

Due to an extremely busy summer (both in and out of work) I haven't been able to spend much time with the contests. It has been quite a while since I've done multiple chops for a contest... multiple good ones anyway.

I'd like to start doing picks again. I used to do them on Monday mornings at slow points in the work day, but I haven't seen a ton of those in a while. I'll see what I can do about making a few picks for this week. I guess with only 4 pages to get through, I don't have much excuse.

Josephus

I most liked these two:
tehpwnerer's Ctrl Alt Del for Microsoft employees.

also, Toadlet's Gallagher accessory.
oh, and also mwiseman's piece of cr------ I mean, thing of beauty. (note to self: so he doesn't whine about this list too)

intaglio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages intaglio

i liked easy1's etch a sketch
Josephus's Wacom Designer's Edition "add clipart (fill whitespace)" ha
and tgentry's Lunch Lady 5000

Toadlet

Josephus wrote:Nod

Thanks! My first idea was a welder using a sparking mouse, but ultimately the Gallagher one was going to be quicker to put together under the then-impending deadline.

I appear to be melting.