boredbabe90

quality posts: 2 Private Messages boredbabe90
mwiseman wrote:Fine. So, do we need to fill out a W-4 before we get a new contest?

You really only need to do it if you win a money prize

TomW

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TomW

In order to get a new contest, at least 7 wooters need to submit form WOOT-43(a) - "Request for new contest".

Remember that you need to fill out 3 (THREE) copies.

Each copy must be notarized by a different notary and then marinated for three days in rosewater before being submitted to a random post office box in Texas.

mrwolfe00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrwolfe00
TomW wrote:In order to get a new contest, at least 7 wooters need to submit form WOOT-43(a) - "Request for new contest".

Remember that you need to fill out 3 (THREE) copies.

Each copy must be notarized by a different notary and then marinated for three days in rosewater before being submitted to a random post office box in Texas.

My pencil broke….. I’m done with this

-me

DarthJay

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DarthJay

I say we start a NEW contest. We setup a betting pool on when we think each contest will get winners posted.

Copy and paste below with your guesses... winner gets me to fill out all your woot forms for the prizes you will probably never get:

CONTEST 230 (You Got Some Cosplayin' to do)

CONTEST 231 (Woot's On Your Mind?)

CONTEST 232 (We Don't Heal, We Refurb)

CONTEST 233 (What Would Don Do?)

CONTEST 234 (Two Shirts Beat As One)

-----------------------------------------
(to change to a non-Woot avatar - go to https://account.woot.com and click on the "add connection" link in the top right corner of the connections box. Once you've linked to the other accounts, you can use that avatar)

ActorTom

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ActorTom

It looks like we aren't getting any results today. That means it'll be monday before we see the results for contest 230

FIVE WEEKS AFTER THE CONTEST CLOSED

THIS IS GETTING QUITE RIDICULOUS!

majit

quality posts: 1 Private Messages majit

September 20, 2007:

Jason Toon wrote:
Before we salute the worthy champions of this contest, we're thrilled to announce some big news that should make these delays in announcing the winners a thing of the past. Beginning with next weekend's contest (#141), the judging will be done by a trusted, experienced volunteers drawn from the Woot contest community. If you don't know them already, say hello to Josephus and shan24, the first two members of our new volunteer judges' panel. They've been among the most valuable contributors to the contests each week, both in terms of their own entries and in the what they add to the whole conversation every week. We will be adding more judges over time, but for now we couldn't be happier to put the judging in the hands of these two. Try not to abuse them too viciously - for the first couple of weeks, anyway.

How do I volunteer to be a judge?

ActorTom

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ActorTom
majit wrote:September 20, 2007:

How do I volunteer to be a judge?

I think you just did...

I don't think the judges are the hold-up. Joe and Shan have occasionally admitted to causing a minor delay, but i think the woot staff are responsible for the the vast majority of the tardiness (please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong)

WOOT - why not pass the posting of results off to a volunteer. You have volunteer judges, and volunteer moderators for your forums. With all the new sites, your staff is getting stretched a little thin.

majit

quality posts: 1 Private Messages majit
ActorTom wrote:I think you just did...

I don't think the judges are the hold-up. Joe and Shan have occasionally admitted to causing a minor delay, but i think the woot staff are responsible for the the vast majority of the tardiness (please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong)

WOOT - why not pass the posting of results off to a volunteer. You have volunteer judges, and volunteer moderators for your forums. With all the new sites, your staff is getting stretched a little thin.

I don't think the judges are the hold up either. I was referring to the willingness to add a judge or two in the future.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

never mind. We are hoping to get some results posted very soon. I'm not holding my breath, but that is the truth.

billratio

quality posts: 1 Private Messages billratio

where do we go to advertise our awesome shirt designs? Dumpy anyone?

Check out the Farting in the USA song parody and others!
http://www.youtube.com/user/thepetersonbros

boredbabe90

quality posts: 2 Private Messages boredbabe90
billratio wrote:where do we go to advertise our awesome shirt designs? Dumpy anyone?

if you're talking about the derby contests, you have to go to woots t-shirt forum. So go to the home page, click on the woot.shirt and post it there.
if you're talking about the photochop contests for the shirt, you're wayyy to late on that one

xquishi

quality posts: 8 Private Messages xquishi
Josephus wrote:never mind. We are hoping to get some results posted very soon. I'm not holding my breath, but that is the truth.

I exhaled.

CMDRDave

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CMDRDave
fyrefall wrote:Grafeeti and Survival Guide

Sasquatch!!

CMDR_Dave

xquishi

quality posts: 8 Private Messages xquishi

Did woot announce a winner for this contest?

FedUpOldHag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FedUpOldHag
ActorTom wrote:No results? FALLING FURTHER AND FURTHER BEHIND.........

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay behind!

Xexus

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Xexus

Just bumping the "current" contest to the top

Signature censored by Woot

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

eHalcyon wrote:Yessir, that one was mine. Also "A Wonderful Day".

Love the turtle

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Xexus

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Xexus
Xexus wrote:
The Results Are In!!!

Thanks to the voters, Congrats to the winners, and look forward the the next contest asap!
Signature censored by Woot

Pixel8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pixel8

So, when did this place die out?

If I can get someone to soil themselves I will able to sleep tonight.