nobgobblin69

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nobgobblin69
jmfremen wrote:I am assuming that you have never owned a Mac before. If you had this commentary on the downsides of Apple would seem as ridiculous to you as they do to me. And you don't have to talk down to Wooters.. we are a savvy lot. We understand solid state devices as well you, if not better. You might want to check your facts first anyway. This system is designed perfectly for what it was intended for. No one who is going to buy this wants to play MMO's, or run windows OS on it.

Perhaps they were talking to me? Let me introduce myself.. Hi, I'm Nob and I'm a technotard so please speak in my language. Thanks!

hebetude

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hebetude

Price close enough to Newegg, why bother? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834100203&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-pla-_-NA-_-NA

truefire7

quality posts: 3 Private Messages truefire7
1stmeridian wrote:64GB HD? What is this? A toy?

All Macs aren't?

Just kidding, no hate. I've owned three Macs, three iPods, etc. I just like the open-ness of other platforms. Overall, Apple does have nice hardware though. My problem is that I could build better

ElRayoX

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ElRayoX

Can you hookah this up to an external monitor?

El Rayo X

j0m017

quality posts: 0 Private Messages j0m017

Please tell me more about user level computers with 1000Gbps ethernet ports. I believe you meant 1Gbps or 1000Mbps. "Do Google terms to learn what things are. Empower yourself."

GhostYorker wrote:People. Learn what things are and how things work when giving people advice. Don't pretend you know something.

I'm a diehard mac user but I also use Windows and Linux for many different and EQUAL purposes. Regardless of the platform or what specs you'll read on the box, a modern operating system for a personal computer (MacOS, Windows, Linux, whatever) requires atleast 4GB of Ram. Automatically this qualifies this system as a DON'T-Buy.

In regards to the absence of Wired Ethernet.
Wired Ethernet is of course less necessary these days, but Wireless Ethernet (WIFI) is not without it's faults. Wired Ethernet tops out at 1000Gbps while Wireless Ethernet (WIFI) tops out -on spec- at 600Mbps. In real world that number is of course much less because of interference and range. Wired Ethernet doesn't suffer from interference and has no relevant range issues. WIFI N also only "tries" to reach that top speed if all your devices are WIFI N too. Any G or god-forbid B devices throttles your network down to 54Mbps (G's Speed). The point is sometimes you might want that speed. Sometimes you're backing up all your family photos to your desktop computer over your network. It's those times that being able to plug your machine directly into the router to use that huge speed difference really helps.

MacOS is also not virus/malware proof. However. DON'T buy anything from Norton, Symantec, or some other bullsh*t software developer who thinks it can sell something that can protect what is considered already one of the most secure platforms available to the consumer. For virus protection check out http://www.clamxav.com/ . Its free. It's open source. And its been around since before you heard of the iPod.

MAC OS is a fantastic operating system that removes a thesis length of headaches that most Windows users have to face on a regular basis. With the right software you can even run your favorite windows apps.

MacBooks are fantastic PCs but because they're not as upgradable as they once were you really need to make sure you don't buy an underpowered machine.

Don't buy this because its under powered.

Do buy one from Apple or MacMall refurbished with more ram for a bit more.

Do buy AppleCare for ANY major Apple product. Always.

Don't avoid buying a Mac because this model is underpowered.

Don't blame MAC OS for the machine's lack of ram. It would suck running Windows 7/8 or Ubuntu (which it can).

Do Google terms to learn what things are. Empower yourself.

sphq35

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sphq35

I agree wholeheartedly with the 4g ram vs 2 especially with a MacBook Air, but I can't understand the recommendation on the AppleCare. It's not going to cover damage or a battery replacement so why get it? The computer, hardware and software is flawless up and down.

stullberg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stullberg

I'm looking at snap-on cases on Amazon, and some of the item titles say, "Fits late 2010 and June 2011 releases." Does that describe this Mac? Does it matter?

kylehoward9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kylehoward9
k87 wrote:If I get this computer, should I shell out $30 and upgrade to Mountain Lion? What are the costs/benefits of the upgrade? (I don't have in iPhone)

free update man

ndbaily13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ndbaily13

Wow....really awesome macbook and also useful for any kind of works . so i like it very much.

hoodude47

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hoodude47

Well hell-o...Fed-ex has a mix up,or woot did,and I won't be getting mine. Fed-ex sez it's in their security dept's hands and they cannot discuss it with me. Woot sez to bear with them while they try to clear the matter up. I'm hoping flying monkeys will not be required. Rats,I wanted that Apple...

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
hoodude47 wrote:Well hell-o...Fed-ex has a mix up,or woot did,and I won't be getting mine. Fed-ex sez it's in their security dept's hands and they cannot discuss it with me. Woot sez to bear with them while they try to clear the matter up. I'm hoping flying monkeys will not be required. Rats,I wanted that Apple...

We appreciate you bearing with us.

I'm just hanging out, really.

hoodude47

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hoodude47
inkycatz wrote:We appreciate you bearing with us.

Inkycatz,I appreciate being appreciated...